[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idk if this is the right place to ask, but where do I begin with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (53KB, 564x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 564x604px
Idk if this is the right place to ask, but where do I begin with Touhou? I've never played any of them despite having some knowledge of lore/characters, so I probably am not very skilled
>>
Just go play some of the official games. Like PCB, that's a good one.
>>
File: 1419565344718.jpg (49KB, 463x296px) Image search: [Google]
1419565344718.jpg
49KB, 463x296px
>>16690115
Start here from th6 onwards
http://www.moriyashrine.org/classic-era-th6th95.html

After finishing IN you can read SSiB and other written works

th1 to th5 are not canon and you're gonna need an emulator to play them, but they're still pretty good if you're curious
>>
>>16690115
Start with some hentai doujinshis,they're pretty good!
>>
File: 57298745_p28.jpg (403KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
57298745_p28.jpg
403KB, 1024x768px
Start with EoSD or PCB. PCB is better to start to get your sea legs.

But, if you suck (you probably suck), don't worry about it. I find that really getting into Touhou involves a lot of reading and watching, and some playing. Read the extra material and profiles, read the preface and afterwords, read the manga, watch 1CC runs. MegamanOmega184 does good ones and has nearly finished the series. Just, you know, play everything. Figure it out. It's a good franchise.
>>
>people saying you should start playing PCB or EoSD first

Damn, is it bad if I started playing IN first? The Spell Practice feature sure was tempting.
>>
>>16690214
>Damn, is it bad if I started playing IN first?
No.

It doesn't matter if you're just playing. You could even start with LoLK. PCB is a friendly introduction, though. You should definitely play in order once you've gotten a feel for things. Don't worry about "beating" them though. Seriously don't. I did years ago and since I was terrible I just gave up. If you hit a wall, watch an LP/1CC run and then move along. Story investment is actually nice.
>>
File: 1460806300145.png (14KB, 263x263px) Image search: [Google]
1460806300145.png
14KB, 263x263px
https://exhentai.org/tag/parody%3Atouhou+project
>>
>>16690134
>>16690177
Thank you!!!
>>
File: 5910496i.jpg (62KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
5910496i.jpg
62KB, 620x413px
It just happens....
>>
>>16690115
Don't listen to any of these fuckers in this thread

Start with the PC-98 games and get some the skills down

Play them in production order, and you'll slowly build skills as new features were added to the games

Plus, you'll greatly appreciate the more modern games when you get around to them. If you start with the modern games, you'll probably never muster up the skill to finish the older ones
>>
>>16690115
>>16690134
The idea that the first five games aren't canon is a misconception, events from these games are mentioned, although only a handful of times, in later works.

I'd say they're worth checking out. LLS and MS in particular are pretty great; I consider LLS to be the best game in the series for beginners. I'm not find of the first three games at all, but you might see something in them that I don't.

Neko Project and T98 are more accurate emulators that lag on weaker systems and Anex is inaccurate but is easier to run. Instructions on how to install everything should be in the English patch pack
>>
>>16690564
remove cookie
>>
>>16690617
>The idea that the first five games aren't canon is a misconception
No, it's a stated fact.

Thing is at best you can think of them as maybe canonical, but mostly not. ZUN practically wants them forgotten and it almost feels like he accepted the idea that some of it might still be canon because of getting bothered about it. From his statements and actions (you can't even buy th1-5 and he hardly addresses them beyond music references) it feels more like, well, what he said in the first place: that he cut away and started fresh with the franchise, keeping a few old elements to remind people it was still the "same" series of games.

That said I think they're worth playing out of interest but that mostly they're not too fun to play. Never really understood people saying you should START with them, since the franchise as it is now is rather unlike those first five games, in spirit, setting, gameplay, character, and so on. Interesting seeing how danmaku has always been a thing, though.
>>
>>16690115
That's a really cute Sakuya.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.