[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Gaki still do that cooking segment? What and when was the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 20

File: 1483179353164.png (1B, 486x500px)
1483179353164.png
1B, 486x500px
Does Gaki still do that cooking segment? What and when was the last one?

Gaki thread, I guess.
>>
You mean absolutely tasty?
They did them super unregularely anyway and the last one is from this year but I'm unsure if it has been translated, lemme see if I can find it.
>>
https://gaki-no-tsukai.com/viewforum.php?f=25
You should be able to find them here.
>>
>>16403419
Thanks.

So they repeated an old dish instead of trying a new one.
Have they done Ramen yet?
>>
>>16403392
No, they mostly only do the annual event and the odd TV appearance now cuz Downtown are lazy and set for life from advertising etc.

Cocoriqo and Yamazaki are off doing their own things now.
>>
>tfw Team Gaki uploaded the new batsu in 60fps only and my shitty computer can't handle 60fps
>>
File: chuuei.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
chuuei.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>16403579
>3 weekly regular shows as a kombi
>both have several weekly regular solo shows
>both appear in many big specials as MC (Hamada) or judge/commentator (Matsumoto)
>>
Was Frisk Pizza reaction the best thing that came out from Absolutely Tasty?
>>
File: winner.gif (1B, 486x500px)
winner.gif
1B, 486x500px
How does it feel that Yamazaki and Cocorico will die in your lifetime while Hamada and Matsumoto will die soon?
>>
Matsumoto > Endou > Hamada = Hosei > Tanaka
Prove me wrong
>>
>>16403579
What the fuck are you on about? They have a Gaki show every Sunday. They are never translated, but that is understandable considering how dead the fabsubbing scene is nowadays.
>>
>>16408083
You never know about stuff like this.

You could spontaneously combust 2 hours from now.
>>
Missed this year's No Laughing, did it have an oni tag?
>>
>>16414030
Thanks Daiz
>>
I can't believe how old they are now
>>
>>16410371
I literally can't.
>>
>>16416201
Yes. Translations soon.
>>
>>16414085
oh wow it actually happened.
are you a fortune teller?
>>
File: matsumoto.gif (1B, 486x500px)
matsumoto.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>16410371
Matsumoto > Hamada > Hosei > Tanaka > Endou
>>
>>16417363
Chono was pretty shit this year. Faking out Yamazaki last year was amazing.
>>
File: Hamada.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Hamada.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>16421818
I really wish the would have gone through with it.
>>
File: its_a_science.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
its_a_science.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>16421818
Yeah he just literally came in and went up to Yamazaki straight away.

I thought the way he was caught was amusing though.
>>
File: k-bigpic.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
k-bigpic.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>16416371
I started watching Gaki 2 years ago and It feels like they get old really fast
>>
>>16405859
That and seagull testicles soup.
>>
>>16410371
M=H>Y>E=T
>>
File: yamachan.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
yamachan.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>16403579
What solo show Yamazaki is doing?

I'd like to watch it.
>>
>>16410371
Endou is dead last. Never has anything funny to say, cheated on his wife, mediocre reactions.

>>16420990
this guy has it right, though it feels like some days Hosei is on-fucking-point and takes 2nd place.
>>
>>16410371

Matsumoto > Yamazaki > Hamada > Endou > Tanaka
>>
>>16410371
Matsumoto > Hamada >>>> Tsukitei > dogshit > Tanaka > Endou
I've never seen Endou or Tanaka do or say anything actually funny. The only time I laughed at Tanaka was when they watched the dvd with the letter his kid wrote him in that one batsu game and he got thai kicked while he was sobbing. Endou I have never once laughed at that I can remember. Are they even comedians?
>>
>>16420990
>when someone uses your gif you made years ago
Holy shit. Thanks anon.
>>
>>16446102
He's doing rakugo nowadays. He's been at it for like 8 years now
>>
>>16447693
>cheated on his wife
So Hamada should be second last? I bet that sadist did it deliberately just to watch his wife cry, then laugh even harder when she has to publicly forgive him.
>>
Does anyone know of a website that has a japanese television schedule?
>>
When Housei was still young, very good looking.
>>
File: housei FEh363U.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
housei FEh363U.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>16455639
>>
>>16451906
but hamada is funny
tanaka is only good for getting his ass kicked
endou is good for nothing
>>
>Matsumoto has 4.4 million Twitter followers
So is Matsumoto one of the most popular celebs in Japan? Is Hamada as well?
>>
3rd most followed in Japan. 1st is Ariyoshi Hiroiki and 2nd is Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

Hamada doesn't have a Twitter, I think.
>>
Endo's new wife is hot.
>>
What's a good Gaki episode to show to a friend to get them into the show?
>>
>>16458014
Show then Silent Library imo.
>>
>>16410371
Housei is absolutely funnier than endou
>>
>>16462519
Anything is funnier than Endou. Even a rock lying on the ground is.
>>
>>16456921
Does she have Chiaki features?
>>
File: tanaka fall.gif (1B, 486x500px)
tanaka fall.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>16410371
Tanaka is best boy tier.
>>
They used Machine Head's theme at around the 2 minute mark in the new translated part.
>>
>>16454880
I'll give you a bump. I'd also like to know this.

Is there one site to look up the schedule on every channel, or has anyone at least compiled a list of sites for each of the different channels and services?
>>
>>16470331
They used yellow line as well. When they arrived at the lab.
>>
Watched the 2 parts that Team Gaki has put out so far and this is shaping up to be the worst batsu yet. None of them seem into it at all so far.
>>
>>16482026
Honestly, the latest parts have only been fun for me when one of them is suffering like Hamada and the Chouno slap last year or Tanaka getting kicked multiple times this one.

Everything else feels terribly formulaic and almost a formality they know they will go through nowadays. It's still fun from time to time.
>>
>>16420990
this.
>>
File: 1473952760102.gif (1B, 486x500px)
1473952760102.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>
Why doesnt anyone sub their regular show? Theres countless fansites, forums and a subreddit with 30K followers yet noone is willing to sub this 25min/week show?

Most people in this fanbase don't even know Suiyobi no Downtown and Downtown Deluxe exist and it's impossible to even get decent raws for these shows.

But I guess its okay as long you can rewatch the repetitive Batsu games for the 10th time this year with your normalshit friends and get a Kiki sub each year.
>>
>>16488128
Why don't you just learn Japanese? Suiyoubi is the best, by the way, because it's just a fun variety show with some light guest interaction.

It's pretty absurd to expect people to sub every little thing you want, especially when most of Gaki is actually dogshit.
>>
>>16488128
Probably because most westerners just aren't interested in variety shows.
Anon, just face it, it's time to learn japanese.
When you are this deep into the whole jap-culture thing, it just becomes a necessity, don't you think?
>>
>>16414085
>You could Spontaneously get thai kicku'd 2 hours from now
>>
>>16489402
>>16489408
Don't get me wrong, I'm already learning jap and watch a lot of variety shows raw and I'm able to understand quite a bit. But subs (or even decent quality raws) would still be nice.

I'm just wondering how there is noone subbing this although there is a (seemingly?) considerable following in the west. It really shouldn't take that much time and there are translation groups out there for many things that are way more niche (eroge, low circulation manga...)

Just look at this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY2j9LghotbH1QrisGBgUNA
He's subbing an episode of Knight Scoop (way less known) a day and already has a Patreon account which makes him 200$/mo. Why is the GnT community unable to put out a sub each week and instead do nothing but wait yet another year for the next Batsu game?

I know I'm sounding really entitled here but I just never could wrap my head around it. It just seems like a no brainer to me that if you consider yourself a fan of a show/cast, you would regularly watch the current episodes.
>>
>>16489830
>this guy makes 200 bucks a month for his absolutely awful "translations" of a third of an episode
Kill me now.

>I know I'm sounding really entitled here but I just never could wrap my head around it. It just seems like a no brainer to me that if you consider yourself a fan of a show/cast, you would regularly watch the current episodes.
Yes, you'd watch them. You wouldn't waste your time translating them for people who are too stupid to learn the language, especially when variety shows in particular are so heavily steeped in Japanese pop culture.

You know those bits in the Batsu games where they bring out a random face you don't know and the audience goes wild? That's 70% of variety shows, understanding references to 20 year old dramas. Throw in a few untranslatable puns, and you've got something nobody wants to work on.
>>
>>16489830
I'm pretty new to Gaki. I thought the regular show was subbed, at least the few episodes I've watched that aren't Batsu games have been subbed. Did people just stop subbing latest episodes at some point?
>>
>>16490163
>Did people just stop subbing latest episodes at some point
There never was any effort. Outside of series like Kiki/Absolutely Tasty/Silent Library... regular episodes just don't get subbed except for very few exceptions that can take months to years. Theres a semi-regularly updated raw archive (http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5811) and thats about it.

For other shows (Lincoln, Downtown DX and so on) you're gonna have to rely on 320p raws on youtube/dailymotion that have been heavily altered to avoid copyright protection
>>
>>16403465
I think Ramen was the very first one they did, like in 1995 or something, and it was in a different format.
>>
>>16490302
>>For other shows (Lincoln, Downtown DX and so on) you're gonna have to rely on 320p raws on youtube/dailymotion that have been heavily altered to avoid copyright protection
It's hardly a surprise that Japanese shows without translations aren't going to be that popular on western sites, and nips don't use torrents much anyway.

There are plenty of aggregators of links out there, the only issue is that stuff that's older than a month or two is probably removed. So for older stuff, you go on PD and share. For new stuff, it's as easy as putting the name of the show into Dailymotion and sorting by date.
>>
File: 1485722954413.webm (1B, 486x500px)
1485722954413.webm
1B, 486x500px
>>
Does Hamada say or do anything funny anymore? He just seems like such a tired, old man now.
>>
>>16489887
Subbing variety is hard because it's not scripted. People talk on top of each other, people mumble their words, people say boring and/or irrelevant things.
Also, the funniness of the show depends on the people on it, and in variety shows this changes a lot on weekly basis (both hinadan types like Ametalk, and regular cast focusing on single guest/group like Shabeuri). Some episodes are so much less entertaining than others that subbing everything would be a waste of time even for the viewers.
>>
Is it me or the new science lab batsu game really sucks this year?

I've only watched the first 2 subbed parts from Team Gaki, but still, it's like the magic is gone. The drawers segment is usually a high point, yet this year they didn't show it completly. And that Tanaka 3-thai-kick part felt so fucking weird and cringy, perhaps because of bad translation, but still.
>>
>>16495448
I know what you mean with the drawers segment.
They have done so much fun stuff with that, and they could do so much more, but for some reason, they don't.
>>
>>16495562
iirc, there was like 2 of the guys drawers that got cut from the footage (assuming they opened them at all). Matsumoto and Hamada, I think.

In fact, I think in another recent batsu there is another occasion where Matsumoto's drawer segment was skipped over. I've heard he has pretty autistic behaviors outside the set, or is quite asocial or something, maybe there was something he wasn't comfortable being shown, and being Downtown I guess he and Hamada can have the final word on everything. He has a kid now and seems to have a weird relationship with said kid, like most japanese fathers but power^2, and he seemed uncomfortable with the balloon animal thing in Earth Defense Force.

The costume Yamazaki put on and that Dokkiri thing felt so flat too.
>>
>>16495580
Every single year the batsu game cuts loads of stuff to keep the pacing similar. IIRC Earth Defense Force had a whole outdoor event with other comedians that was completely skipped (meaning it couldn't be noticed before they showed it on a cut-footage special), and during the last two years they have had punishments during the oni tag game that left very visible marks (like green paint on face or diapers) but were cut for some reason.

When it comes to analyzing the member's personal lives, you should never do it if the only thing you watch are yearly batsu games. Matsumoto talks a lot about his personal life and opinions on shows like "Downtown Nau" and "Wide na Show" (not to mention his books during mid 90's and radio that went on from 2001 to 2009) and he isn't a pussy who worries over simple stuff like you described.
Hamada is the one who tries his hardest to keep his private life in secret; even though his affair got busted few years ago, it took less than few months before every single person in the TV industry (except Matsumoto) stopped talking about it.
>>
File: melon pan.png (1B, 486x500px)
melon pan.png
1B, 486x500px
I'm still waiting for the Melon Bread Kiki episode to be subbed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GakiNoTsukai/wiki/kiki
>>
>>16506297
You really need subs for Kiki? It's always seemed like the most pointless one to sub to me.
>>
>>16506389
I also don't know why people spend so much time and effort subbing kiki, when there are better things left unsubbed.
>>
>>16455639
>>16455642
That's the chubby Hosei?

He sure got fat.
>>
>>16489408
>>16489830
>>16489887
if i could get $800 a month... even $100 even $50 a month for the first month, i would go translate like 5 eps a week... i just need to find someone who can use reddit and subbing programs =(
>>
>>16489830
>Patr
>>16489887
>>16490163
would it be worth it to set up a patreon to sub gaki?
$200 a month is nothing but i guess theres more fans? should i ughh ask reddit?
>>
>>16521262
The problem is once you start seriously monetizing copyright protected content you will run into legal trouble.
The mentioned youtube channel (started mid 2016) interestingly got taken down just a couple of days ago after one video randomly got like 3M views in 2 days. Looks like he's moved to dailymotion for now and is back at 100 subscribers down from 40K or so.
>>
>>16403392
They did Absolutely Tasty Okonomiyaki few months ago.
>>
>>16405859
No.

This.
>>
>>16492449
Hamada is a bumbling old man boke to Matsumoto's cynical old man tsukkomi nowadays.
>>
>>16455654
>>16448791
>>16447693
Endou's Chiaki Audition and Baseball episodes are fucking hilarious, the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>16416371
I can't believe how /fit/ Matsumoto is. Or that he doesn't look that bad with blond hair.
>>
File: gaki_matsumoto_ohyeah.jpg (91KB, 848x530px) Image search: [Google]
gaki_matsumoto_ohyeah.jpg
91KB, 848x530px
>>16524754
He has a child late in his life so he should better get healthy now.
>>
>>16524754

HGH and Stem Cell Injections man

They're fuckin' magical.
>>
>>16524754
>>16532859
>>16533097
It seems you guys never heard about Matsuzap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbj9BxCTFwg
>>
>>16533985
The show has Matsumoto, Miyasako and TamuKen, but its production value looks low as hell.
>>
Does half of the shit they go through with the oni tag actually hurt? Most of it looks really tame.
>>
>>16537099
It is. Basically the boys only have 10k budged each episode to walk around. In one of the earlier episode Matsumoto complain about the pay that was too low, but then compare himself to Jinrai who was kind enough to let the show he host to not pay him a single yen at all.
>>
>>16537739
This, and it also looks like they aren't even trying to run from it anymore. Most of the time it's just a few steps and they give up, or hope someone else gets caught first so they can observe in peace.
>>
>>16541086
Also, they repeat the same jokes over and over on the same persons (Tanaka got facepainted, Hosei got big, loud contraptions, etc.). Should they take turns on those gag punishments?
>>
I'm watching absolutely tasty now. Why are some of the subs fine and others complete trash? Were the first 3 absolutely tasty episodes the only ones without a Google translate tier translation?
>>
>>16553119
The pasta one literally is Google Translate'd.

Anyway, do you really need subs for Absolutely Tasty that bad? You can easily enjoy them without.
>>
>>16558686
No, I can enjoy them just fine. I just thought it was odd the first few episodes had good subtitles and then it dipped. I was just spoiled.
>>
>>16560377
There are many translation teams doing those subs. Some are very well-organized. Some are meh. Some are unfortunate because they have one or two persons doing them.

Well, they do for free so we should never complain.
>>
Is there a list of everything that's been translated? Not asking for DL links, just want to a source for shit to look for. A bit bored of batsu games
>>
>>16564399
>Absolutetly Tasty Series
https://www.reddit.com/r/GakiNoTsukai/comments/4d0rx4/absolutetly_tasty_series/

>Kiki Series
https://www.reddit.com/r/GakiNoTsukai/wiki/kiki
>>
>>16533985

Are any of these Matsuzap things translated? They seem to go out and eat alot. I enjoy watching them. But I'll be damnd if I know any moon runes.
>>
I want to fug Matsumoto.
>>
File: hamada.jpg (36KB, 793x445px) Image search: [Google]
hamada.jpg
36KB, 793x445px
bump
>>
>>16566526
That's not really everything is it? I've seen a bunch of various episodes subbed on Youtube other than Absolutely Tasty and Kiki.
>>
>>16588768
No, that's just two of the food segments they have.
They do a lot more stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_no_Gaki_no_Tsukai_ya_Arahende!!
>>
>>16590047
>No, that's just two of the food segments they have.
There are some other food-related series and skits (genkai, food drive, eat ? with rice, etc.)
>>
>4th rendezvous game
>Tanaka getting lost again
>even broke the rule and went outside of the designated area
>>
bump with no image because 4chan is broken
>>
>>16597861
>4th time
>Still looks fun as fuck
Gift of being gaki member i guess, just put them in any situation, as long they can share banter.
>>
>>16590047
Yeah, I was just wondering if there was a list compiled of ALL episodes translated. It seems to be very erratic what does and does not get translated - other skits that aren't Absolutely Tasty, Kiki, or Batsu games.
>>
is absolutely tasty hot pot (nabe) subbed available anywhere ? all I found are dead link or raw and there is no way I miss out on matsumoto unreasonable comparisons
>>
>>16612777
Google "absolutely tasty nabe".

Is that hard?
>>
>>16610845
The concept is good, fun and cheap enough that I can see it being sold ala Silent Library.
>>
When will Team Gaki learn to typeset?
>>
>>16611154
https://braxnet.org/gaki/
>>
>>16625365
Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks
>>
Another new episode building around a prominent gag from new year's batsu game.

Still find a way to mock Endo once again.
>>
File: Sunshine.jpg (167KB, 1245x791px) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine.jpg
167KB, 1245x791px
>>16635560

This one?
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.