[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buying music from one of your favorite Japanese artists instead

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: GROOVY_ura_jacket.jpg (2MB, 2548x2211px) Image search: [Google]
GROOVY_ura_jacket.jpg
2MB, 2548x2211px
>Buying music from one of your favorite Japanese artists instead of pirating it

Be honest, how much of your music have you paid for?
>>
File: dla_majimea2a.png (150KB, 364x469px) Image search: [Google]
dla_majimea2a.png
150KB, 364x469px
Who are you QUOTING?
>>
Giving money to artists you like is a good thing.

But I'm still not sure who you're quoting.
>>
File: 1479813926136.jpg (3KB, 163x204px) Image search: [Google]
1479813926136.jpg
3KB, 163x204px
>>16377925
>>16377927
I'm quoting my own feel after buying music from one of my favorite Japanese artists instead of pirating it. Do you know this feel?
>>
>>16377921
Five albums, of a few thousand.
>>
Nearly all of it for the last year and a half, none of it before then.
>>
All the artist I liked are ded.
>>
File: 710.jpg (6KB, 194x194px) Image search: [Google]
710.jpg
6KB, 194x194px
>>16377933
Please don't do that again

To answer your question I'll probably buy my favorite music after I get a real job even if I only like 1-2 song in one album
>>
Who has money for something like that?

I tried collecting CDs for a while but I'd literally have to quit spending money on everything else. It's fucking impossible.
>>
>>16377921
I use spotify.
>>
I steal them
>>
>>16378027
Stealing is a form of bullying, anon
>>
I buy stuff I really listen to a lot, unfortunately a good portion of that has to be bought second hand by now so the creator doesn't get anything.
>>
>>16377957
>Okay
>>
>>16378720
Personally, I don't understand the point of buying second hand when the creator gets nothing. At that point, you might as well pirate, since the whole point of buying is to support the creators.
>>
>>16377921
Depends, if I can get the soundtrack with a game or easily off iTunes I'll pay. Otherwise I usually just take youtube videos though the mp3 converter.
>>
>>16378749
The creator does get something from second-hand, though.
If not what's the point?
>>
>>16378103
He's not an anon, anon.
>>
>>16378884
Every retard is just another anon from my point of view
>>
>>16378856
I acknowledged that in my post, I like having physical discs of stuff I like. I mean I buy stuff that isn't second hand when I can it's just some things aren't printed anymore at all, or certain editions aren't.
>>
>>16377921
>Buying music from one of your favorite Japanese artists instead of pirating it
The only reason why I even like any of my favorite J-music artists was because of pirating.

>Be honest, how much of your music have you paid for?
I don't have exact numbers, but the CD collection I have on me, I can say that I bought & paid for 90% of it (the other 10% was either someone else bought or gifted me). I only buy CDs for bands/artists that I obsess over & go completionist for or if I had a CD long time ago, but the it's too damaged/lost it.
>>
Every time I visit Reitaisai I spend about 100-200 on CDs.
>>
File: whistle.png (35KB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
whistle.png
35KB, 176x176px
What if I only like one or two song from an album? Should I import a CD just for them?

Is it possible to just donate?
>>
I own a collection of 20 music CDs from doujin artists, but I probably have around 300 pirated albums
>>
$0, losers.
>>
>>16377921
Very little.

I've bought, I think, 3 individual tracks; 1 from itunes, and a vocal/instrumental tune from online (so 2 tracks)

I've bought one Japanese music CD and one doujin game CD. I didn't even want to buy the doujin CD because it was used, but buying it new was impossible. I don't like buying used, it's like the money goes nowhere.

Anyway I have a shitton of music but buying music is a pain. If there's a "recovering from piracy" program that scans through all your music and lets you buy it all, that'd be nice.
>>
File: bach.png (318KB, 720x708px) Image search: [Google]
bach.png
318KB, 720x708px
I buy classical vinyls because if anyone ever comes to my house and sees my collection they might ask if I listen to classical music to which I would reply with yeah I guess and then they will think I'm quite cool for listening to classical music because not many people do and it is deemed very patrician and high brow. They might also say that they like classical music too but I know that they dont and only listen to 10 hour classical compilations on youtube for when they pretend to study and if I were to question them on Chopin's Mazurkas or Bach's Orchestral Suites they wouldn't know what to say even though they are pretty famous and their ignorance would only prove they don't actually know anything about classical music despite them claiming otherwise. This would serve to greatly caress my ego as I derive great satisfaction from exposing people who pretend to have certain interests when they don't. At this point the atmosphere in my room would become very awkard and they should probably take a hint and leave, and if they don't then I will ask them to do so. Once they leave I will watch them walk away until I no longer see them, at which point I will return to my room and listen to anime music because as it turns out I just now googled what a mazurka is because I don't really like classical music and only bought the vinyls so that I can feel superior to others for having such high brow taste because I am very insecure and this entire post is a great projection.
>>
I wish the artists that I care about were still active or even famous enough...
Even so: NO. Unless the product itself is super-mega-duperhyper exclusive and limited, then nope
>>
I bought Yonekura Chihiro song many years ago
>>
>>16377995
Spotify has /jp music?

$15 for the OST of a VN I real liked. Planning on buying all of it when I get a full time job. Should only run me around $400-600.
>>
I bought Mazinkaiser Superstar by Nick Turbo because I absolutely could not find it anywhere else. Youtube, Google, nothing. This was also like five years ago.
>>
I was going to buy the Pokemon XY&Z movie version theme, but amazon wouldn't let me buy.
>>
>>16388467
Some doujin artists use Bandcamp now, which massively saves on shipping (like j-neration for example). It's not common but it doesn't hurt to check. Next up is diverse.direct, which ships to the US so you don't have to pay proxy fees. Finally, it's crawling to melonbooks or tano*c or whatever with a proxy. Or going to the event.

I only have ~100 CDs.
>>
Does listening to them on my (parent's) Apple Music subscription count?
>>
>>16400396
Why does your parent listened to weeb songs?
>>
File: sekken-ya.jpg (123KB, 900x623px) Image search: [Google]
sekken-ya.jpg
123KB, 900x623px
I want to support a band but they are already disbanded.

Sad.
>>
I haven't paid a penny for anything otaku-related, ever.
>>
>>16404767
Sekkenyaded?
Since when?
>>
>>16405135
Since 2013, appearantly.

Shuzo is still composing 2hu songs but it's not the same.
>>
>>16377921
I bought 1 JAM project album on Itunes if that counts.
>>
>>16405847
Cancer
>>
>>16377921
I don't pay for shit mostly because I can't afford shit. However, any musician worth a damn doesn't care about illegal internet downloads and usually they welcome it because it brings their work more exposure
>>
>>16406276
>usually they welcome it because it brings their work more exposure

How do you know they do?
>>
File: party maker.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
party maker.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
I bought 4 Perfume blu-rays
>>
File: woah there.jpg (212KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
woah there.jpg
212KB, 1268x1695px
>>16389330
wew lad
>>
>>16406276
You're trying so hard to rationalise your selfishness it's funny
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.