[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can be done about the 'deep' furigana menace?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Fate_EXTELLA_deep.jpg (574KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fate_EXTELLA_deep.jpg
574KB, 1920x1080px
What can be done about the 'deep' furigana menace?

Can we write to the Prime Minister of Japan and get him to outlaw this?

I consider myself pretty chuuni but deep furi is too much, it's over the line.
>>
who cares
>>
>>16315028
what's the the difference between above and below? both read the same and has the same meaning?
>>
You can do whatever you want bro (faggot).
>>
>>16315216
No, 'deep' furi is when the furi above the words isn't their pronunciation, or even a clarification of a technical term, but a different word altogether.

The screenshotted line, as said by the character's voice acting, is just

'You can't win against us.'
'You can't kill us.'

But thanks to the magic of deep furi, we can read her mind and know that the first time she said 'you' she actually meant 'life', and the second time she said 'you', she actually meant 'civilization'. A level of superior nipponese depth only attainable by prose folded over a thousand times by master wordsmiths.
>>
>>16315290
I think it's cute!
>>
Excuse me but this is my favorite part of chuuni speech
>>
>>16315290
Don't we (read: just me) do this too in english? It's not chuuni, but is informal and non-standard just the same.
>>
File: 1473425563561.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473425563561.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
deep furi is cool.
I love when they have the English translation in
furigana above the Japanese kanji.
Makes you wonder how to pronounce the word
in question in your head, the English or Japanese.
>>
>>16323772
Really gets my 'rons firing
>>
>>16315028
I like it, and find it to be one of the most fun aspects of Japanese. Brackets in other languages aren't just the same (are shit).
>>
It gets me hard to be honest.
>>
It's there to provide information without needless text or dialogue you sperg.

Like if some fag says furusato and in furigana it says the name of the town. Now we know where fag comes from without it being explicitly explained.
>>
>>16323887
If text provides information then it's not needless, plus it's entirely possible (and more natural) to elaborate on the term within the same sentence without using furigana

Wacky furigana makes it as awkward as reading a sentence like "fag longs for his hometown (Fuckholesville)"
>>
>>16323918
>as awkward as reading a sentence like "fag longs for his hometown (Fuckholesville)
But, that's not awkward.
>plus it's entirely possible (and more natural)
Furthermore, you just did that same thing in the sentence above.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.