[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[Bumped over from /tv/] Hey guys, extremely long-time lurker

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Yellow_Elephant_-_Kiroi_Jou-p1.jpg (69KB, 445x640px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow_Elephant_-_Kiroi_Jou-p1.jpg
69KB, 445x640px
[Bumped over from /tv/]

Hey guys, extremely long-time lurker coming here with a pretty desperate plea. I'm trying to find the name of a Japanese movie that I saw a few years ago on the plane (Cathay Pacific specifically), and I swear I've spent the past hour trying to find it to no luck. Hope you guys can help.

The movie is about a budding author who meets a loud girl at a bar and they eventually get married. They have a child together and everything, and then they find out she has some terminal disease (pretty cliche, yes). The movie from there is about the guy writing the story about what it was like living with his terminally ill wife, and how he manages life after she passes away.

I can't remember much else in terms of details other than the female lead kind of looks a bit like Miyazaki Aoi (pic related).

I'm not too sure but I think the title of the movie is quite simple or short as well, but I don't remember too clearly on this.

Can anyone help? I've literally tried putting into Google "Japanese movies" + 2000 - 2016 and I don't believe I've found it.. It's absolutely killing me.

Thanks guys.
>>
what illness specifically?
>>
>>16306340

Really don't remember that detail. I'm leaning towards "some kind of disease where she loses control of her body", but I'm not exactly certain on that. I don't remember it being that much the focus of the movie.
>>
If you are that desperate you could translate your question into Japanese (or pay someone to) and post it on a Japanese website.

Another option is to see if Cathay Pacific has a list somewhere of their past inflight movies (airline geeks might know if this is possible.)
>>
>>16306363

Any idea what kind of Japanese website would be fitting for this? I could probably do that with my basic level of Japanese + dictionary/Google.

I've had a look at Cathay's movie list but it only shows the current and upcoming movies. I'm very close to emailing someone there just to ask for some kind of clue, but I don't have hopes for a response. I might do just that actually..
>>
You don't have to email Cathay, though you can if you want. There are forums for airline enthusiasts that would know this type of stuff.

No, unsure sorry. I know Japan had their own 4chan, but have never visited.

Have you tried posting this on "tip of my tongue"?
>>
>>16306381

Just had a look at Cathay website, doesn't look like they have any kind of general enquiry email address so I don't think that will work, and I can't even be mad at them for this..

I must admit I have no idea about airline enthusiast forums, it feels like I've not lurked the internet enough now that I'm surprised that this is a thing... A Google search for that doesn't come up with much relating to movies either but alas..

Didn't know about Tip of my Tongue (I'm assuming you're referring to the subreddit). Have posted the same on that and hoping for results now.
Thanks for that dude. This is turning out to be a really great time killer.
>>
A few more hours in to the search, the less luck I have of finding this movie, the more I'm inclined to believe that it was some slightly indie kind of movie that was either shown at some film festival or won an indie award of some sort. Perhaps another clue for the film enthusiasts here..?
>>
This is an interesting thread and I'll be following the development of this issue closely.
>>
there are a lot of keywords related to "illness" on the IMDb

http://www.imdb.com/search/title

start writing "illness" in the Keywords box, then select one of them, and then the other options that may narrow down the search (language, year, etc.); example:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?countries=jp&keywords=terminal-illness&languages=ja&release_date=2000,

for now I can find "Hanachan no misoshiru" (2015) but it doesn't fit your description very well
>>
>>16306593

That's heaps neat, didn't know about this feature on IMDB. Even so, having played around with it a bit, the most hits I could get (illness, Japanese) was 35 and the movie wasn't there either.. Holy shit.

I think this movie must have been indie as shit or something..

Also, was suggested Hanachan no Misoshiru as well, sounds heaps similar in story, probably worth a look. I tried looking at relevant movies on the IMDB page with no luck either...

Thanks for the help though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.