[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Touhou game would you say has the best soundtrack? IN

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Which Touhou game would you say has the best soundtrack?

IN and MoF for me. Special mention to HRtP too.
>>
Subterranean Animism.
>>
PCB. From Phantom Ensemble to Necrofantasia.
>>
UFO and TD.
>>
File: 9afa22ac88706603af8b0137cc155afd.png (928KB, 1024x1256px) Image search: [Google]
9afa22ac88706603af8b0137cc155afd.png
928KB, 1024x1256px
I love that artist.
>>
>>16232769
DDC
>>
>>16232798
Am I the only one who thinks that PCB stage 4 stage music was better than Phantom Ensemble? Not that PE was bad by any stretch, ZUN's music is pretty much never bad. I just felt the stage music was better. It had a great emotional tinge to it.

Anyway, I'm really not sure what to choose, all the games have some excellent stuff. But if I had to, I guess I'd choose PCB. Or DDC, maybe.
>>
>>16232849
I checked his work after finding the picture of the OP and I really like him too. His art kind of reminds me of Moe's art for ULiL
>>
>>16232769
1st SA, 2nd EoSD, 3rd IN or LoLK.
Special mention to HrtP for me as well.
>>
IN and SA for me. I like some of the later songs in MoF as well, particularly Kanako's theme and the extra theme. The leitmotif ZUN carries through MoF is pretty good

I also still think EoSD's is quite good.

>>16232798
I agree that PCB's ost from the Primsrivers through Yukari is fantastic.
>>
SA and UFO hands down. DDC was alright too, but not holy shit amazing like those two
>>
File: 401b39002cf2312272b5093ca611da46.jpg (898KB, 1500x1060px) Image search: [Google]
401b39002cf2312272b5093ca611da46.jpg
898KB, 1500x1060px
MoF easily. Half of it lends itself to folk arranges perfectly, the other half pumps out epic rocking and Zunpets galore. Even the flow of the mood between stages is well thought out and motivates for yet another run.

Not to mention the melodies themselves are god-tier and make gems like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP85X9fX4mg possible.
>>
>>16232798
I agree, although I like the first few tracks better than most touhou beginning tracks because it sets up the whole gameplay experience as a ghostly fantasy. Thats also why PCB is my favorite touhou game so far.
>>
I would say UFO, MoF, and PCB have the most consistently solid sound tracks. Pretty much all songs from those games are great, and the ones I don't like too much still sound fine.

I'll give honorable mentions to TD, DDC, and LLS. I don't like their soundtracks as a whole quite as much as I do the three listed above, but some of the songs from these games are my favorite ZUN compositions. The Hall of Dreams' Great Mausoleum is a nice, soothing song I like to listen to when I get stressed, and Alice Maestra is probably my favorite song to have been composed for a video game.
>>
>>16232769
Only to name a "1st": IN.
It is well-rounded. I like all the stage songs, some of them are on my favourites, and more.
They fit the atmosphere pretty nicely. Illusionary adventure through the night, a fierce and wild battle on the forest, a beautiful and relatively meaningful song at the castle, and a song perfectly giving an space aura.
It has ZUN's wacky piano and noisy horns at its best

The rest of gems are scattared on all the franchise,

DDC is easily the best out of the "new ZUN style" set that started on TD,

Special mention to Seihou 2, my favourite ZUN ost.
>>
>>16232769
Ten Desires

>>16232849
Baba is fucking amazing, too bad you can't post most of his stuff here because lol absurd res and file size limit

>>16233001
I think that's the idea, anon
>>
>>16232769
Easily IN for me, pretty much all of the songs have the glorious ZUN brand romantic trumpet in them and generally great composition (Kagome-Kagome); the melodies are all wonderfully themed to the situation - really adds to the atmosphere when playing.
Externally, the house set of IN by Kuroneko Lounge specifically is great from start to finish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82JY7ZKPSxQ
Keine's theme sounding even more eastern just works too well, for instance.

I do like SWR's themes a lot too. 冷吟閑酔 particularly, it's just so comfy yet upbeat at the same time, probably my favourite theme in its original state.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.