[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many artists get Marisa's eye-color wrong? She

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Why do so many artists get Marisa's eye-color wrong? She has always had gold eyes, yet a lot of art I see of her has blue eyes. Is there a logical origin for this fuckup?
>>
She's blonde so they draw her with blue eyes. Also isn't there a game where ZUN drew her with a different eye color or I'm imagining things?
>>
File: 54952278_p0.png (644KB, 1229x1714px) Image search: [Google]
54952278_p0.png
644KB, 1229x1714px
>>16218492
This. >>16218532

And no, there isn't.

Well, there's the first game she appeared in (red hair, red eyes, PC-98), but I assure you that's not why artists mess up.

There are also a few official works where her eye color is wrong. The first Sangetsusei manga, Eastern and Little Nature Deity, gave her green eyes. SSiB and the first entries of CoLA gave her blue eyes. ZUN always gave her yellow eyes after her first appearance; anyone who doesn't notice clearly gave not even the slightest shit and just assumed she was blue eyed.
>>
>>16218553
What if it's tied to the ambient magic in the air. Incidents get magic levels up crazy high so eyes go yellow, the Fairies of Light got medium magic level in the air so green and COLA has like NO MAGIC so blue.
>>
It is not just Marisa. A lot of artists fucked up eyes for some reason.
>>
I like youmu with red eyes best.
>>
Marisa is one of the most popular litmus tests for secondaries in Japan.

Marisa is famous for her use of the assertive "ze" particle, but she refers to herself with the neutral "watashi". She's also the shortest adult character in the series.

If someone has never actually seen Marisa dialogue and gets all their knowledge through memes, then they'll almost invariably give Marisa blue eyes, have her refer to herself as "ore", and make her taller than anyone else.
>>
File: 56583755_p0.png (2MB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
56583755_p0.png
2MB, 1181x1748px
>>16218492
This happens with Ran a lot too. I think I have a gold iris fetish, so it annoys me to no end.
>>
I like her with yellow eyes. I get really triggered at Alice with yellow eyes though, even though it's canon for some games.
>>
Maybe they change with the temperature too
>>
MARISA'S EYES ARE NOT BLUE
>>
>>16218492
To be fair sometimes a characters eye color can change throughout the official works.

Then you have the people who fuck up characters eyes who have never changed their eye colors, then you can pretty much write them off as secondaries.
>>
>>16219808
They are what the viewer makes them. That's why she gets away with theift because no one can get her eye color right and her lawyer is top Jew.
>>
She is logically cuter that way, and touhou fans are huge intellectuals.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.