[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>creator of kancolle is making a r-18 game I don't where

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: lwQzYBa.png (732KB, 632x734px) Image search: [Google]
lwQzYBa.png
732KB, 632x734px
>creator of kancolle is making a r-18 game

I don't where it came from but AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh.
>>
Kancolle isn't r-18? I thought it was about ship girls who fought each other and blew each others clothes off.
>>
Who cares, go back to your dead containment general.
>>
>>16165021
>go back to your general
>WAAA WHY IS /jp/ FULL OF GENERALS
Hmm
>>
>>16165040
he doesn't represent all of /jp/

get your boteshit off the board and preferably off the entire internet
>>
>>16165040
Who are you quoting though?
>>
>>16165060
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphrase
>>
>>16164818
so he's finally going to make something gore?
>>
>>16165067
It's called the quote function, not paraphrase function
>>
>>16165128
Now this is pedantry
>>
>>16164818
I swear to god this guys face makes me want to slap the shit out of him and roast his fat slabs on a spit.
>>
>>16164818
Well there are R-18 games on DMM. No big deal. Now if he manages to take all of the artists who work on boatsluts on the thing, now that will be interesting.
>>
File: 142109617145.png (31KB, 260x291px) Image search: [Google]
142109617145.png
31KB, 260x291px
>>16165067
You don't have to do that with the quote function, you know?
>>
>>16164818
>Implying kancolle is not R18
>>
>>16165057
Kill yourself 2hu fag
>>
File: get out.png (173KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
get out.png
173KB, 498x500px
>>16166065
>>
>>16164818
Kancolle wasn't an exceptional game, just an exceptional concept that landed at the right time, and had the right artists making the right character concepts come to life to make it gain traction.

The fact that the guy is now working on another game isn't anything to be excited about. Because it's the guy that made kancolle. The game that barely has any gameplay to begin with, and what is there is plagued by an RNG-fest of unholy proportions.
>>
>>16166417
>an exceptional concept

-DUDE WHAT IF WARSHIPS WERE HOT GIRLS
-But what's setting here? Is it our Earth or something else? What's the time period here? Why are they fighting? Are they normal humans, mechs, a mixture of both?
-Who cares dude just give them big tits
>>
>>16166463
Yeah, it never got explored to what it could've been. But it's a browser game, so that's to be expected.

There's also certain things that stop a more fleshed-out storytelling approach, like the idea that you are not a special admiral, just one of many in a certain region of the sea. Lore-wise, there's no reason they couldn't expand on it a bit, but the browser format limits this somewhat again to something like slide-shows at best (which is better than nothing but they still choose not to do it).

I think that at some point, they were maybe planning all this, but then they saw how ridiculously popular the game got and doubled down on the bote tiddy and collection aspect of it. Then again, the name of the game is Kantai Collection, so maybe a fleshing out the universe was never really part of the plan.
>>
finnaly I'll see the death on shipsluts
it'll be glorius
>>
>>16164818
And that game would be...?
>>
Kancolle is the biggest waste of potential in the last four years.

It should have been an R-18 game to begin with so nobody would have been fooled into thinking there would be anything more to it than a shitty panty quest game.
>>
>>16166417
>an exceptional concept
>lazily done mecha musume
no
>>
File: 40970754_p0.jpg (474KB, 1200x1798px) Image search: [Google]
40970754_p0.jpg
474KB, 1200x1798px
>>16166924
There was potential to tell some sort of interesting story because of the historical connection to WWII, but in the end the vast majority of it was rendered completely pointless as they scrapped all possible story in favor of trying to sell more beef bowls.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-26+at+09.09.05).png (18KB, 606x257px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-26+at+09.09.05).png
18KB, 606x257px
>>16166924
Do you guys even know what exceptional can mean? It's not just "something that's distinctly good", its primary definition is "something unusual". The definition can go both ways.

It being good or not in your eyes doesn't matter, the fact of the matter is that, yes, it was exceptional by attempting to merge WWI and II battleship/dreadnought culture and anime girls into a single concept to break into a new niche and also capitalize on war otaku already present. The popularity of the game when it came out was undeniable so it was an exceptional case that stood out amongst other games at the time.

It's not just shitty mecha musume, because shitty mecha musume is doomed to be Cosmic Break and we all know how well that turned out. You don't have to like the game, I don't either, but at least try to deny something that you can back logically afterwards.
>>
>>16166981
Well, not like it would've made a great story anyways what with Japan losing pretty badly and all...
>>
>>16167048
WWII is a great story, full of suffering and sacrifice, a tragedy played out across a hundred theaters. You could drop characters in-place into any given battle and get a nice little (contrived) story loaded with more pathos than all the official material combined.

Kancolle's story didn't have to play out the same way, as the whole of the Combined Fleet Girls Collection is slowly attrited into oblivion, bleeding resources all over the Pacific, capped with the abyssals dropping a Type-P Atomic Weapon Kai on the Yokosuka Anchorage. But they could have at least made it something more than a complete parody. The anime in particular introduced just enough history to turn the whole thing into a farce.
>>
>>16167151
No, I mean, it'd probably leave a bad taste considering this isn't "fantasy WW2 with cute girls", but "fantasy WW2 inspired cute girls".

Besides, remember the minor shitfit from autistic japs when they announced Iowa and they went "REEEEEE AMERIPIGS GO HOMU", I wouldn't want to see that happening again because "reeeeeee abyssal atom bomb"
>>
>>16167214
The only people going turboautist about the american ships were gaijins.
>>
>>16167025
>Do you guys even know what exceptional can mean? It's not just "something that's distinctly good", its primary definition is "something unusual". The definition can go both ways.
I know what it means, anon.

Botesluts aren't exceptional; not in concept, not in design, and certainly not in gameplay.
>>
>>16167025
>>16173207
as for your comment about its popularity; so what? Like, really, so what?

It was something that got lucky is all. That happens.
>>
>>16173216
And just to make it clear I'm saying "capitalizing on military love and animu love" is nothing new.

That it was naval instead of airplanes or tanks doesn't really make it exceptional either as that's simply another obvious step after guns, planes, aces, and tanks were all mixed with cute girls.
>>
>>16173207
>Botesluts aren't exceptional; not in concept, not in design, and certainly not in gameplay.

You don't give any examples that discredit it being exceptional when it launched in any of those categories. What are the games that launched around the same time that had a similar concept to shipgirls? It rode its way to popularity because of this *exact* concept, because there wasn't anything else like it out at the time.

>>16173216
>It was something that got lucky is all. That happens.

Anon, the whole point of the argument was that kancolle is exceptional *because* it's popularity came from a novel concept. Of course it got lucky, as upstarters that unexpectedly make a lot of money like it generally are. Nobody is denying that.

>>16173232
>That it was naval instead of airplanes or tanks doesn't really make it exceptional either as that's simply another obvious step after guns, planes, aces, and tanks were all mixed with cute girls.

A myriad of clones including Militärische Mädchen and some planegirls game on Yahoo JP only came out after the game got wildly successful. So it did hit a new angle on the medium it is and how it presented itself.

Forget it, anon. I'm not even defending the game, I think the "gameplay" is utter shit, and you're still arguing with me for some reason. I think the popularity of the game is undeniably linked to its concept is all, which I do believe is exceptional. If you agree or disagree with that, I don't really care anymore.
>>
I just want to see boat tits
>>
>>16166417
I hope that eroge he's making is full of RNG as well.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.