[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss Maybe this is a shit topic for some people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: yuyuko.jpg (117KB, 514x250px) Image search: [Google]
yuyuko.jpg
117KB, 514x250px
Let's discuss

Maybe this is a shit topic for some people but what do you think about a Touhou anime? If you think it will be great or not, please explain why, I want to see everyone's opinion (also it is nice to share opinions unless it is really shit
>>
Touhou VR is where da shit will be AT.
>>
Touhou anime? Never ever.
>>
>>16108323
okay, why?
>>
>>16108335
Because it will be literally Memories of Phantasm-tier shit. I won't write and entire essay just to prove that touhou anime will be overrated meme shit ruining the fanbase.
>>
DisGUST
>>
File: 1464840708007.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464840708007.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
No thanks.
>>
I'll kill you for even considering a 2hu anime
>>
>>16108381
i never considered it, i dont want it desu but i wanted to see people opinion
>>
File: N O .png (573KB, 928x686px) Image search: [Google]
N O .png
573KB, 928x686px
Never.
This will probably be entertaining but for western fanbase.
>>
>>16108313
There's no need for one
Doujin anime are fine as far as doujin goes
Zun will probably give in someday though because he needs to feed his son
>>
>>16108548
Just get a job making video games or something. Heard nice things about arcades.
>>
I'd be interested in seeing standalone OVAs, kind of like the manga series, and not actual adaptations of previous works. That way, I wouldn't get annoyed seeing things change or be left out.

But ZUN will probably never do it.
>>
it'd be doomed to be a shitty anime

would the original narratives be appealing to the average anime fan? 2hu is comprised of absurd, loosely connected stories with equally nonsensical characters, and all of these are made on the go to suit certain bullet patterns and a certain soundtrack. i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people found this stuff mediocre, excessively silly, or outright boring.
(i don't because i'm easily entertained by anything and i find lots of references and elements quite amusing!)

touhou is as popular as it is because of the cute characters that serve as templates (that's why you see lots of ooc bullshit like "shy sakuya", "exhibitionist girl aya", "pathetic hikikomori hatate" "actually promiscuous sanae", etc). if people need to twist characters who are originally sarcastic, dangerous, sometimes silly (but not in the ~moe way) bitches into bubbly & harmless little moeblobs, it's because they perceive them as unpleasant. and yeah, some of them really are! which is totally cool. so, i don't think unlikable characters and random XD stories would make for a hot hot best-selling anime. unless it was done into something like the kancolle anime, and frankly, we have more than enough with a single kancolle anime, tyvm
>>
I wouldn't mind something like short five minute adaptations of the fairies manga
>>
>>16108909
I haven't watched it, but I always hear people talking shit about the Kancolle anime, what was so wrong with it? I'm honestly surprised by how universally reviled it is.
>>
>>16108914
I like the fairies manga, but as a standalone from the rest of the series it makes little sense
>>
>>16108924
something that is based off a fanservice-y game that has little opportunity to showcase the characters' "personalities", when said characters only exist to please the player (or to hate them ig?) and its forced memes... is fated to be lame and only appealing to hardcore fans

like, whatever the game has only works for the people who play it / try to make decent fanworks about it. it is a little game, it fares well as a little game, it should have stayed a little game.
>>
>>16108313
I think it's non-viable. If there was a market for a Touhou anime, someone would have ripped it off already. But there are already lots of anime about cute girls and lots of anime about youkai and lots of anime about cute youkai girls and lots of anime about magical girls having aerial battles in lolita outfits.

Also as Touhou is a game series, any actual adaptation of it into a series or movie would be doomed to be shitty. Given the fandom, it'd probably also be full of memes and near caricatures of the characters, like the iM@S anime for example.
>>
>>16108313
Someone once suggested Pokemon Generations but with Touhou and I'd be for that. Just animate some important figghts and that's all you need. Touhou plot doesn't always lend itself to engaging animation.
>>
Was MoP the first major animation to be made, back in late 2011 early 2012?

I thought it worked fairly well without voice actors, gave it a 'different' sort of feel. A little closer to template characters I guess?
>>
>>16109009
well, though there are many people that dislike MoP, i quite liked it just because i enjoy more touhou stories than the games itself (besides 12.3, i love that one)
anyways, probably if an anime appears the actual fandom will go shit and i dont want that. i'm content with WaHH.

Also if there appears some short ovas like >>16108944 said, i wouldnt mind that much
>>
>>16108548
A Touhou mobile game is more realistically likely.
>>
>>16108313
Weapons Grade Cancer.
>>
>>16109009
A Summer Day's Dream Part 1 from Maikaze was back in 2008. Memory of Stars from Sound Holic was 2007.
>>
>>16108368
I would watch a Touhou anime about Yukari and Yagokoro constantly trying to one up each other a la Spy vs Spy, but more nuanced and sophisticated.
>>
File: hifuu.png (1MB, 846x474px) Image search: [Google]
hifuu.png
1MB, 846x474px
Hifuu Club Activity Record was the only good Touhou fanime.
>>
>>16111300
New episode when?
>>
>>16111300
where do i can find it? i searched but without results
>>
>>16111962
https://youtube.com/watch?v=o43RVJ4cO-s
>>
>>16116427
thanks man
>>
I feel that the problem in MoF lies in the nature of adapting the games, you can't adapt the games, I think they could adapt WaHH or FS, The wonders of Touhou lies in the world of Gensokyo, not in the events of the games.
>>
>>16108909
it's true that the official doujin co-written by Zun don't have an extraordinary popularity, touhou is too much stuck in its niche
>>
>>16117207
They could turn Double Spoiler into an anime.
>>
>>16117610
>official doujin co-written by Zun
I'm not sure if you mean the official manga, which is pretty popular and written only by ZUN, or the extra book contents in works like Seasonal Dream Vision or SCoOW, which is definitely not official at all.
>>
>>16126236
i mean the doujin co-written by Zun
they are popular, but not to the point they could get internationnal recognition
>>
>>16134860
>doujin co-written by Zun
these don't exist anon, you aren't making any sense
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.