[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"over capacity, please upgrade" at 5am jst NicoNico

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: niconico.png (13KB, 393x112px) Image search: [Google]
niconico.png
13KB, 393x112px
>"over capacity, please upgrade" at 5am jst
NicoNico Douga is the worst fucking video host in the world. I only use it for my rare videos. Why the fuck haven't the japanese abandoned it for You Tube yet?
>>
The Japanese love their antiquated content delivery methods and long-obsolete Adobe® Flash® Player. Also because YouTube is by gaijin for gaijin.
>>
File: fasdfa.jpg (207KB, 1920x940px) Image search: [Google]
fasdfa.jpg
207KB, 1920x940px
>Why the fuck haven't the japanese abandoned it for You Tube yet?
Since Youtube gets more traffic than NND in Japan, I guess they're starting to abandon it.
>>
>>16047562
リア充 have completely switched to Youtube, probably because it's lighter to use and nobody cares about comments but also because everyone and their grandmother has a smartphone nowadays so internet users aren't limited to the few people who actually know how to use a PC. Even in the common "what do you want to be when you grow up" questionnaires made for elementary schoolers, recently "Youtuber" was one of most popular answers.
>>
>>16047411
it's where the big NND e-celebs' userbase is.
>>
i bought the premium for a month a while ago, shit still loaded slow as hell, except I could load videos in hd. fuck you nnd
>>
>>16047411

>Why the fuck haven't the japanese abandoned it for You Tube yet?

>This video contains copywrite material claimed by blah blah blah and is not available in your country.

Sorry about that. :\
>>
The real question is: why haven't people began to host videos on their own HTTPS or FTP servers?
>>
>>16053832
Because a single, centralized website is easier for the vast majority of users. It's also easier to have your content seen if everyone uses the same platform.
>>
>>16049610
Except NND is famous for taking down copyrighted material to the point where users have made memes out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvQhWa-NEXA

Hell they need to censor rurouni kenshin meme videos just to avoid getting them taken down.
>>
Am I missing something, or does Nico not have a private messaging/inbox system?
>>
>>16054571
Not to the extent of Youtube though. Youtube's system is so fucked that anyone can claim the deletion of a video on copyright grounds even if they are not the owners of the copyright. There was an infamous incident some time ago where Family Guy used videogame footage from a guy's Youtube channel, and then took down the original uploader's footage for copyright infrigement.

I think the only company that takes videos down for purely copyright issues in NND is Fuji TV
>>
>>16047528
They actually just made a beta for HTML5
>>
>>16048810
>falling for the premium meme
I could load HD videos fine without premium, though it may not have been at peak times. The only benefit I have seen is on live broadcast where you can get kicked for a premium user, also time shift broadcasts and shit.
>>
>>16055293
>I could load HD videos fine without premium,
not during economy mode
>>
>>16047602
that's it

japan is over
>>
>>16055303
What times are economy mode or does it happen also when you watch too many videos.
>>
File: screenshot2162.png (27KB, 735x125px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot2162.png
27KB, 735x125px
>>16055338
After small digging, I found "this".
>>
The Japanese hate change.
>>
>>16047411
>let the video load to 80%
>press play
>try to go back a few seconds
>loading screen + PAY FOR PREMIUM
Stupid website.
>>
>>16047411
Nico IS GREAT except when people record it and put it on youtube and the comments flood the screen and you can't turn it off

youtube is best though for having the most "content" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXPFSWQMdY
>>
>>16056006
>Nico IS GREAT
>>
>>16055976
Are you watching for the comments or the video? The video is easy to download by itself
>>
File: 1477601922042.png (33KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1477601922042.png
33KB, 128x128px
>>16047411
For the same reason they are still sucking Sony's cock and hate PC for no reason even thought anime games that get to come out on Steam sell gorillions, because the japs are retarded and forget that there's a huge amount of consumers outside weebland.
Baka gaijin money is still money for fuck's sake.
>>
>>16057143
I wish they would shut you guys out of their games altogether.
>>
>>16047411
bcuz the homo neta they like
>>
Is nicovideo refusing to load video for anyone else?
>>
>>16057143
> anime games that get to come out on Steam sell gorillions

That's not true at all, Neptunia (which is the best selling weeb shit on steam) series sells on average 15k copies including sales.
>>
>>16056006
Are you an idiot? The only point is to watch the comments? Go back to shitty youtube if you don't like comments. Enjoy giving Google ad money.
>>
>>16057776
Pretty sure Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Naruto Ninja Storm games sell about 500k copies, also, not only weeb games, any sort of japanese game, they never get to come out for PC, fans had to make a fucking operation to bring Dark Souls to PC, and guess what, it was a total fucking success.
>>
>>16054695
>There was an infamous incident some time ago where Family Guy used videogame footage from a guy's Youtube channel, and then took down the original uploader's footage for copyright infrigement.
That's an automated system. He got his shit back later.
>>
>>16059164
>Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Naruto
Thats mainstream shit thats only popular because of nostalgia.

No one with half a brain would buy jap games on steam because the west gets really shitty censored versions of the games anyway.
>>
>>16059164
Are you seriously comparing average normalfag shit with neptunia negro?
>>
>>16057776
http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=neptunia

the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>16055318
NIHONGO WA OBERU DESU!
>>
>>16047411
>Guys look at this awful video site
>Go to this other awful video site instead
I suggest an internet whose video database is entirely supported by mini-upload sites like pomf.cat
>>
>>16055318
Its the natural evolution of neet culture, most of Japan was already cam whoring on nico douga for zenny anyway
>>
>>16057776
>>16064825

Unrelated, but why is neptunia so popular? I've only ever seen people describe it as the definition of kusoge.

Does it have something special that attracted a massive fanbase?
>>
>>16065001
Just go into a thread and after reading the third "what does _____'s anus smell like" post in a row you'll understand
>>
>>16065001
Admittedly, the original games were pretty bad, but the "re;birth" games fixed a lot of the issues present in the original ones.
Though I think a large part of the purchases might be because it is also a moege at heart.
>>16065029
Sadly, it does seem that most are like that.
>>
I block the flash required elements and load the video with youtube-dl and MPV. Shits the best
>>
>>16054226
We could use a federated protocol where people can still see each other's videos in different servers.
>>
>>16064486
>>16064825
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.