[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apart from being super pale, what are the main aesthetic differences

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: J-idolstyles.jpg (149KB, 265x1417px) Image search: [Google]
J-idolstyles.jpg
149KB, 265x1417px
Apart from being super pale, what are the main aesthetic differences between modern idol beauty trends and those largely in the 80s, 70s?

I can't put my finger on the differences except 80s and 70s idols seem to have thicker eyebrows and much more tanned skin.
The thing is, 80s and 70s idols look much more "Japanese" to me, while modern idols look like they are more Korean/Chinese, but I still can't exactly pinpoint what are the major differences and why 80s and 70s idols look so different.

Anyone have a clue or is this just all in my head?
>>
78.9% reduction in soul content.
>>
>>15982317
>what are the main aesthetic differences between modern idol beauty trends and those largely in the 80s, 70s?
Better hair. Their hair looks much better and cuter now.

>80s and 70s idols look much more "Japanese" to me, while modern idols look like they are more Korean/Chinese
No, they look "white", which the Koreans are also trying their hardest to do. They have similar ideas about what makes them more white looking.
>>
Who the fuck is the one in the 80s? You could have chosen someone more relevant like Seiko Matsuda for that decade, given that her style was eventually copied by every idol as well as regular girl in Japan at the time.
>>
I would say idols nowadays look very "seiso-kei." Clean cut and polished hair and still the light makeup. Makes them look extremely girl-next-door and approachable. Also like you mentioned, more paleness in groups.
I noticed the outfits are even more adhering to the Akiba/anime-esque style. While yeah, 80s and 90s idols had some costumey idol outfits I feel you would find modern idol outfits more in videogames and anime.
>>
Well yes, Japanese people are a lot more pale or light-skinned in general compared to 30 years ago. That is true for most central-asians though, sadly.

However, don't forget camera settings, style, equipment quality, after effects etc...

It's no biggie making a girl look twice as pale from camera settings alone, which is the norm these days as it is popular.

It's the same with the music industry. In the 80's idols actually had to sing well, perform atleast decent and a lot of other perks would have been useful.

Today you can slap autotune on everyone. It sound awful and is sad..
Once again, the 80's score a point.
>>
>>15982317
80s and 90s look more Jomon.
The rest have the "Yayoi look".
Nineties is definitely the cutest.
I know nothing about idols.
>>
no difference
what changed is how to make up
>>
>>15982317
it depends upon how much exposure to overseas trends were going on at the times, and how readily they could be utilized by those in fashion circles. Access to satellite and/or cable being much more common from the mid 1980s on shortened any lead or lag times countries had in terms of adaption and appropriate appropriation of trends/looks.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.