[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rhythm Games Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 501
Thread images: 48

File: Cit5EKrWkAAEqo5.jpg (38KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
Cit5EKrWkAAEqo5.jpg
38KB, 600x238px
previous
>>15931933

http://pastebin.com/2pg5zQcA
>>
>tfw something clicks and you start turning easy clear Bs into normal clear As
>>
I'm willing to give out 3 psun invites if you don't have a pcbid. Post your sows name so I can check if you aren't a degenerate leech and I will pm asking for an email.
>>
>>15969346
Jay-ZDenton
>>
>>15969346
fourribs

thanks a bunch!
>>
File: IMG_1351.jpg (84KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1351.jpg
84KB, 500x551px
5th for breast envy
>>
random is cheating
>>
>>15969362
Not good enough.
>>15969390
Check your inbox
>>
How do I use the bar without putting all my weight on my arms? It's killing my stamina and I can't really figure out how to fix it consistently.
>>
>>15969417
Fair enough. I can't even get arcade data yet anyway.
>>
>>15969421
Make sure you are downloading shit loads of freeleeach
>>
>>15969418
use it to stand up straight instead of letting your elbows go all right-angley

i know what you're talking about though, i struggle with it too. i think it's a bit of a physical fitness thing, i'm 250 lbs, but i see skinny guys playing with the bar and they take light steps, their upper body is pretty much static and they never have to really strain themselves
>>
>>15969430
That's what I'm working on. I'm seeding like 25 torrents but it's not really helping.
>>
>>15969440
seed like 100 of them instead
if you're already seeding one thing you have no reason not to, other than hard drive space
>>
>>15969346
Shabui
ty
>>
>>15969451
Alright, fair enough. I'll get working on that as soon as I'm back home.
>>
When the new PSun rolls out, are old PCBIDs going to be compatible or will everyone have to get all new ones?

If not, I will literally give >>15969346 money for one. I already have one, but I want AT LEAST 2, as a safety buffer in case I inexplicably fuck something up.

I used to have 2, but I drunkenly gave one away a few months back.
>>
>>15969565
They'll be wiped when the new service launches.
>>
>>15969578
They said they will be moved to the new service
>>
Great, my DOA DAO replacement part has still been sitting in some Chinese postal service for over a month and the only way I can contact them is by phone. Just emailed DAO in hopes that he'll be able to figure it out.
>>
>>15969589

You have the patience of a saint.

I'd have been on the first plane to that Nip's house weeks ago to punch him in the face.
>>
>>15969325
Last time that happened was just before I had to come back for uni.

I remembered BTFOing my old scores left and right.
>>
>>15969589
It seems I might even get my controller built before you get yours.
It's funny since I ordered the buttons and other shit just yesterday.
>>
>>15969589
should have bought a virgoo :3
>>
>>15969565
use it or you lose it
>>
>>15969346
cave hermit
>>
>>15969755

Doesn't that only apply if it's been registered as a card on PSun?
>>
why is it so fucking hard to time well on gradius -full speed- in iidx

i miss like 20 notes and end up with a C when i should have an A or AA
>>
>>15969766
Cave hermit from shmupsforum?
>>
File: IMG_0972.jpg (40KB, 303x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0972.jpg
40KB, 303x486px
>>15969817
The very same!
>>
>>15969325

>tfw nothing clicks and you can't clear any new 11s and it's been two weeks and your rivals keep getting more wins on you and you hate yourself and want to die but you keep playing because you don't know what else to do
>>
>>15969279
I want to copulate on those butts.

Get it? ;)
>>
>>15969868

>tfw got two new 11 clears after several weeks dry spell but internet was down at the time so they didn't update

I hate life.
>>
File: 57123287_p40.png (958KB, 800x688px) Image search: [Google]
57123287_p40.png
958KB, 800x688px
Left or right?
>>
>>15970133
Me on the left.
>>
>This freeleech period gave me 0.03 of ratio, which is less than 50mb

Fuck yeah!
>>
>>15970305
How much did you download?
>>
>>15970305

If it makes you feel better, I had a fuckin' field day. Well over 20GB of upload and everything I bookmarked.

However, I doubt I'll have any use for any future freeleeches as there's no longer anything I would want on the site. I got all the data, soundtracks, albums, and BMS/PMS I could ever want.
>>
File: freeleech.png (8KB, 340x115px) Image search: [Google]
freeleech.png
8KB, 340x115px
Hey so this is my first freeleech

does this notification mean you have to deactivate everything, including what you're just seeding, or do they mean only things that haven't finished downloading?
>>
>>15970438
>only things that haven't finished downloading
This. Every MB that you download after the freeleech ends affects your ratio.
>>
>>15970453
Ok. So I'm good to keep seeding these 30+ albums ad infinitum?
>>
>>15970460

Of course.
>>
>>15970465
nice

thank you my dude

here's hoping I hit power user by the time the next freeleech rolls around :'D
>>
>>15970467
kill yourself
>>
Less than an hour left of this FL, what'd you all get this time?
>>
>>15970515
SDVX 3 Season 1
>>
>>15970515
Half of pendual HDD, I guess I'll get the rest next FL.
>>
Pendual BMS, IIDX Gold CS, and some random J core album.

I was hoping to get the last 2 GB I needed for power user, but I only got about 500 MB.

Oh well, I'll definitely have power user by next freeleech, and Pendual BMS is a nice consolation prize.
>>
When is next freeleech anyway? Christmas and stuff? Does Dao make special deals on the holidays?
>>
>>15970515

Every IIDX soundtrack in FLAC, Every PMS pack, SPADA data, Tricoro data, Xg2Extends, various Kors K and USAO albums.
>>
File: ss (2014-12-13 at 04.56.24).jpg (11KB, 229x174px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-12-13 at 04.56.24).jpg
11KB, 229x174px
>>15970602
yes
>>
>>15970619

What a bargain!
>>
>>15970619
kek.

I doubt he'd do any special deals for anyone outside the US anyway. Fucking americans get everything and still bitch and complain all day.
>>
>>15970602
There's normally one on 20,novemver
>>
File: 1475146541976.jpg (295KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475146541976.jpg
295KB, 1440x1080px
>haven't been on sows all day
>find out freeleech is going on
>been waiting to redownload music collection after hard drive died a couple months ago
>not going to get home in time to download shit
FUCK
At least there's still 20,november
>>
>>15969325
Happened to me in DDR. Was struggling to get 750-800k on 15s and then it clicks and I'm destroying 17s like they are nothing. There should be a word to describe this type of thing.
>>
>>15969346
I have 1 more invite.
>>
>>15970670
i'd ask but i feel it's pretty greedy considering i dont have power user or obviously hdd yet
>>
>>15970805
Yeah, I'd only give it to someone who has data and pu.
>>
Daily reminder that jukebeat>reflec beat
>>
>>15970515
Kinda wanted to get some BMS packs but my hard drive space is very limited right now
>>
http://magma.extsm.com/

>Ha・lle・lu・jah RyuRemix
>>
>>15970670
The hell do you mean invite? Do you mean a PCBID or something else?
>>
>>15970889
psun
>>
>>15970899
I see. In that case I want an invite. My username is ArmaRood.
>>
File: 2016-10-13-220012.jpg (111KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-13-220012.jpg
111KB, 960x544px
>posted in the last thread but then it died immediately
Sadness.

Anyways, been working on my Superbeat Xonic stuff which is kicking my ass right now and additionally cannot wait for DJ Max Respect which I will probably end up building a controller for for absolutely no reason.
>>
Never actually played DJ Max, but I''m also pretty excited if only because I can play a modern vertical scroller rhythm game (that isn't made by a western company) on a console without jumping through hoops.
>>
>>15970916
How long did you take to clear this?

I should've done this back when I was playing this game more because I tried it recently just for kicks and at most I got 80%. That part with the analog sticks is bullshit.
>>
>>15970981
As long as the team Neowiz puts on it doesn't fuck it up, it should be a fucking incredible game if you like Bemani games or DJ Max. The core game is launching with over 100 songs in it from Portable 1 and Portable 2 along with a bunch of new songs and they're going to be adding in pretty much all of the music from the entire series through DLC. Probably gonna end up as an expensive game but that's so much fucking content it's crazy.

>>15970987
How long of playing the game or how many attempts? Because I played the game for a really long time, 60 hours at the very least, probably in upwards of 80-90, but I stayed away from World Tour most of the time since the challenges were kicking my ass early on and I just wanted to unlock music first. Once I got all the songs I started working through World Tour. I put in maybe 10 or 12 attempts into that mission to beat it total, but by that point I had gotten good enough at the game that 10 or so attempts wasn't crazy anymore. 6 Eleven still destroys me right now, that's next.
>>
>>15970981
The series is good. The soundtracks are usually good but the charts are easy. The real challenge of the games is the mission mode which is actually hard. Lot of bullshit on it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y43qxN-0aqs

Would this chart be a 11 or a 12 on IIDX? It starts easy but then it gets kinda bullshit.
>>
Any chances that Neowiz will release a new ASC?
>>
>>15971015
8K in general is pretty go fuck yourself tier. It was basically intentionally made to be horse shit in a lot of ways because people would complain about the normal 6K charts being too easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voLBNklV0iE
>>
>>15971015

How the fuck can anyone play that game with all the distracting flashing, huge ass multicolored note beams, and loud combo noises.

Jesus Christ. Looks neigh unplayable.
>>
>>15971031
It doesn't look as bad with certain skins and not under horrible garbage youtube compression at -20 FPS.
>>
>>15971031
It really is unreadable. Same with all the similar pc games (o2jam, whatever else is popular with bored koreans/sea monkeys) and the ez2 series. Konami has spoiled players with readability, at least in their flagship series (iidx, ddr, pop'n)
>>
Precision Dance Pads - yay or nay? I'm a beginner to DDR but plan on playing seriously.
>>
>>15971081
not for playing DDR
they're only good for ITG foot-shuffling with baby powder and pendulum songs, they don't handle jumps or jacks or crossovers particularly well
>>
>>15971081
Pretty much what >>15971091 said. Just build your own hard pad for the same price that you'd pay for that. There are tons of tutorials online for arcade-style ones.
>>
>>15971091

Oh man, I thought you were just shitting on ITG for no reason, but looking at these pads they are not what I originally thought they were. I thought these were professional, durable, Cobalt Flux type pads.

Where in the literal fuck do they get off selling what is basically a glorified RedOctane Ignition pad for 350 fucking dollars?
>>
>>15971091
Good to know. Any suggestions for a good home pad for playing DDR (non-diy)? Should I just wait for that pressure sensitive pad to come out next year?
>>
>>15971131
yeah they're like, a few centimeters thick. it pretty much feels like you painted arrows on the ground and you're pretending to play.

they also do not work on carpet unless you were to get like, a thick slab of steel. i've tried it on one of those office chair mats, a really thick solid level one, and it still misfired like shit. you need it on hard wood/tile flooring.

>Where in the literal fuck do they get off selling what is basically a glorified RedOctane Ignition pad for 350 fucking dollars?

this is undoubtedly the reason that the sentiment towards them on the internet is so vitriolic. I will say that I would rather use the PDP to play DDR on PS2 than any foam-filled or soft pad, at least without modding.
>>
>>15971132
Pray that you can find a Blue Shark or Cobalt Flux on Ebay if you dont wanna build one yourself.
>>
>>15971132
kyle ward's new pads look like they're gonna be pretty neat

the rhythm horizon pads look less interesting, like they'll have extremely minimal tactile feedback
>>
>>15971180
>>15971168

At this point I'd try to find some old, beat to shit arcade DDR pads and fix them up and convert it to use on PC with that whole J-PAC USB board thing. If you're gonna spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars, might as well get the real deal.
>>
Preface: "score" here means ex points, not money score.

Osu is the first and only hardcore rhythm game in existence. Here's why.

BUT FIRST, why every other game is shit. Let's take iidx. The problem here is that clearing and scoring are two separate goals, and it's all the lifebar's fault. We all know you win if you combo from near the end of a song, and "hard" mode is a formality at best since you can flail through tough spots if you're consistent with the easier everything-else. But there was no other way, given the circumstances at the time, and the series is still running today so it's not like it was a BAD idea. It's just pussy.

People say "old charts were better, when they didn't know what they were doing." They knew EXACTLY what they were doing. Back then, when you failed a song, your turn was over. You played the hardest songs last, and you will fail because you will reach walls. Can't clear new stuff, stuck playing easier stuff for two rounds, and there wasn't much to choose from either. Scoring was the dynamite. Old songs had "bullshit" because you got gud by going back to the easier songs and perfecting the bullshit in isolation, and that gave you the skills to tear down the wall. That, and still being able to play through a song even if you're getting stomped.

The fuck this has to do with Osu? Osu solved the problem by giving you a constantly-draining lifebar. Of course Osu comes from Ouendan, and I'm assuming it's unchanged since it's been literally over a decade since I played it. A draining bar means YOU HAVE TO SCORE IN ORDER TO CLEAR, because if you're merely scraping by, the bar will catch up to you and it's over. And you still lose if you tank a section because when the bar hits zero, you're out. This also has the nice side-effect of being TENSE AS FUCK because no matter how well you're doing, you can lose at ANY point, and you have no idea what's coming up next. All without bpm/reading gimmicks like DDR.

The thing is, neither accuracyfags nor RealRhythmGamefags can see this, partly because they're both retards, and partly because Osu's default options aren't hard enough. You can edit the maps to max out the parameters, but that still isn't enough. There needs to be a just great / marvelous window, and ONLY that should give you a LITTLE life back. Great / perfect should keep the bar still at best, more probably let the bar drain as usual (the drain rate will be decreased so you don't fail in two seconds), while everything else takes out an increasingly larger chunk of life. Each difficulty will have an increasingly more stingy bar and higher score requirement, with the highest being something like a AAA (or better!) to clear. You won't even need scores for a mod like this, but I know how much you like numbers so you'll still be able to aim for 100.000%. But just remember it took over two years for Mei to get AAA'd, ten years to quad VerteX^2, and there aren't even any 20s out yet in DDR.

The second someone hacks Osu or makes a clone with these changes, that'll be it, folks. Time to separate the men from the boys.
>>
>>15971279
but the problem with osu isn't scoring it's gameplay

drawing fucking tentacle cocks and mashing zx is not fun or musical
>>
>>15971293
This. Who the fuck wants to mash 16th notes on the xz keys for 4 minutes while scribbling like a retard on the screen? It just isn't fun for the vast majority of rhythm gamers.
>>
>>15971279

Stopped reading at "Osu"
>>
>>15971279
a fair argument, but osu needs to do away with combo-based scoring for it to be valid at all
>>
Even Jubeat which is totally not a meme game at all, fuck you guys, is better than OSU
>>
>>15971406
It's still the easiest Bemani game I can think of but it's definitely better than Osu.
>>
Anyone wanna be rivals?
>>
>>15971554
What level do you play at?
>>
>>15971554
sure add me

osu.ppy.shget memed
>>
>>15971279
pasta or not, this is a reasonable argument

but the problem with osu is the gameplay itself, not how life drains
>>
>>15971554

only if you play often

I rivaled another anon in one of these threads and he never plays
>>
>>15971562
That might have been me. If so I am back to playing.
>>
>>15971556
Just cleared 7th dan today
I'm working on normal clearing 10s and hard 9s now

>>15971562
I play for about an hour every day
>>
>>15971570

I'm at the same level, i'll add you anon
post dj id?
>>
>>15971572
DJ id is snaggy
>>
>>15971581

Added!

You can add me back under the challengers list
>>
is there some kind of limitation/rule in the iidx engine that if you fuck up the first portion of a jack/roll, you literally can't recover it because hitting the next note on time will register as a bad/poor for the previous?

or am i just fucking retarded
>>
What exactly am I missing out on by never playing Hard Clear on songs I can easily do?

Just having the HC clear lamp?
>>
>>15971598
It forces you to have better timing
and the lamps look nice
>>
>>15971598

Pretty much
It's nice to have HC folders, they look cool
>>
>>15971598
if you play a song on normal gauge and get 1 miss it looks like an ordinary clear

if you play a song on ex hard and get 1 miss it's clear that you're very good at playing that song
>>
>>15970662
>Happened to me in DDR. Was struggling to get 750-800k on 15s and then it clicks and I'm destroying 17s like they are nothing. There should be a word to describe this type of thing.

It's called gitting gud.
>>
>>15971584
Rarely play IIDX, so I can't say for sure, but yes, probably. It's definitely a thing in SDVX. That's why it's best to just take your hands off the controller for a sec if you muck things up.
>>
i feel sorry for people who get so worked up over osu being mentioned in the thread lmao.
i don't like osu either, but watching you guys go batshit over it is hilarious.
>>
>>15971872
I agree, it's kind of ridiculous.

I also don't get why the "osu people" and the "bemani people" need to be these separate camps that hate each other. Personally, I play both osu and IIDX, and I enjoy them both for different reasons. It doesn't have to be a war, guys.
>>
When Copula drops should I unlock stuff normally or unlock it all right away. Which is more fun?
>>
>>15972037

Nothing is fun about IIDX. Why make it even more a chore than it already is?
>>
>>15972054
Osufag please leave
>>
File: fellowkids.jpg (88KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
fellowkids.jpg
88KB, 900x720px
>>15971872
>>15971999
>>15972054
>osu internet defense force
>>
>>15969755
how strict is this rule, i have an account and pcbid i haven't used in over a year.
>>
>>15972100
they said "somewhat recently" i'd log some scores if i were you buddy

worst case though you'll just have to request an invite, pcbids are going to be freely generated again by anyone with an account
>>
>>15972054

>not playing rhythm games because you hate them

you're doing it wrong
>>
>>15972054
>i don't enjoy rhythm games and i want to play them as little as possible

why are you here

they're supposed to be fun

even just playing a song you've already cleared and getting a score worse than your previous is supposed to be fun.

if you don't have an autistic passion for hitting buttons in time with music i don't get why you wouldn't play something like fps or rts games instead.
>>
>>15972037
For me I would unlock everything immediately since I've played Copula AC before.

The play an expert course 2 times to unlock a chart is really a chore.
>>
>>15972228
see
>>15972216
>>
>>15972119
The first time I've heard about this I booted up pendual and played a few 9s and 10s

Guess my keyboard IIDX skills are still around.
>>
>>15969279
newfag lurking

https://twitter.com/redbull_plz/status/786926948614230016

what game please? thanks guys.
>>
>>15972546
looks like mario maker
>>
>>15972546
Keyboardmania
>>
>>15972576
i think he already knows that but what game
>>
>>15972576
>Keyboardmania
nice. i could emulate it. thanks anon.
>>
>>15972636
i don't think it's really in a playable state with any form of emulation

good luck though

there's a playstation 2 version that you could buy
>>
File: sOAxWfS.jpg (2MB, 2712x904px) Image search: [Google]
sOAxWfS.jpg
2MB, 2712x904px
nth for Grace
>>
CS warrior from last thread, did you try out +3.0? How'd it go?
>>
>>15972944
I don't know why you would ever recommend this. Unless your PC setup is absolutely flawless and latency free, there's no way +3.0 would feel correct to that person.

I'm a CS warrior and I used 0.0 on my PC and use -2.0 to -1.5 on AC depending on the cabinet.
>>
>>15973078
Offset doesn't change when you hit the buttons, just how they visually appear.

AC 0.0 has the note reach the red line, then it waits 3 frames, then you're in the PGREAT window. CS has the PGREAT window exactly on the red line. So +3.0 puts the visual tell precisely where it was on cs, that is, the red line, and from that you can try and modify it for the lag of that particular setup.
>>
>>15973110
I know how it works. I haven't encountered a single setup that would be correct anywhere near +3.0 unless the player already happens to prefer to play really early. I wouldn't consider that to be a good starting place at all.
>>
Copula HDD november 20 I want to believe

>tfw no power user status until then
>>
>>15973395
>tfw no controller

Guess I'll rely on keyboard IIDX for now
>>
>>15973164
It literally makes it the same as CS. How can't you see that being helpful?
>>
>>15973417
>>15973164
>>15973110
>>15973078
>>15972944

Different anon here.
2 threads ago I was having a similar issue finding my correct offset.

What I suggest is to record a super slow motion video with your phone, showing both your monitor and your controller with LEDs in frame. Play an easy song at a very high speed setting, and get a pgreat on one of the first few notes. Playback your video frame by frame to check. Repeat this process while changing your offset each time until the note is right on the redline during a pgreat, at the same time the LED lights up on your controller.

I ended up needing -2.0, even though I was playing with -0.8 for years.

Now, no matter what speed setting you play on or for songs with speed changes, you can reliably hit at the redline.
>>
>>15973605
Some people don't time on the redline, though. And it's not something worth fixing if you don't.
>>
>>15973605
I do agree though, that's a great way to get a consistent offset
>>
So when I order stuff on amiami or playasia or whatever they don't include the shipping cost on the receipt.

Is it the same with Dao? My country has taxes for imports and his shipping is literally more expensive than the fucking controller. Maybe I'll email gamo2's support asking about it.
>>
>>15972100
If you haven't used it for a year you might want to play a round before the new service launches.
>>
I haven't played any actual beatmania games before but I was hoping to try to soon, do you need a pcbid to play or is there a way to play offline without anything? I don't really care about submitting scores.
>>
>>15973732
You only need sows and pcbids for psun (basically score tracking, rivals, other online features of the games). You can get cracked games even without sows.
>>
File: sakura.png (830KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
sakura.png
830KB, 1366x768px
>>15973751
Oh neat, I still wanna get into sows for cheaper secondhand controllers and stuff but I'll look around for the games, cheers.
>>
>>15973614
I was one of those people, coming from CS I played early. The problem with setting the offset based on feel with your favorite green number, is that if you ever increase your hi speed in the future wherever you visually timed your notes before (no matter how close/far from the red line) will now be different. Also songs like Sakura or era with heavy slow down areas will need to be timed very early, depending how far off your offset is from where it should be.

Try playing a 5.1.1 L7 without any speed settings and tell me how your timing feels.

Honestly I suck at timing in general, I can only beat a few 10s and don't have any AAAs, I do have tons of AAs though (maybe incorrect offset was the cause) but I'm still trying to adjust to my recent offset change.
>>
>>15971293
>>15971303
>>15971403
>>15971558
RealRhythmGamefags out in full force.
Again, you can't cry about accuracy when it takes MORE accuracy to time keypresses WHILE aiming. Your same logic also says iidx and ddr aren't "musical" because of turntables and having to move your body, and you only accept ddr because you rape the bar - equally pathetic.
Not liking the game is entirely separate from trying to cover your ass with moral claims.

I'll make it even easier for you.
>wanking knobs and mashing blackwhite is not fun or musical
>who the fuck wants to mash 16th notes on the leftright arrows for 4 minutes while spinning around like a retard
What's really retarded is using cmods and green lines and saying LOOK HOW MUSICAL I AM!

Nailing this shut, now. If you really wanted no obstructions, you'd open a daw or get real drums. If you really wanted a hardcore game, you wouldn't be using every shortcut in the book (even OUTSIDE the book, putting towels and taping paper to the monitor, DAMAGING IT) to make them as easy as possible, but you can't say that out loud because it would expose you for the sham you are. Osu is the first and only REAL, HARDCORE rhythm game because all those options are taken off the table. There isn't even a table. It already runs at a constant rate with color-coded notes and no freezes or mines or anything else.

As for the "invalid" combo-based scoring? If you miss ONE note, you lose the scoring game. It doesn't get more hardcore than that. It should be exactly what you want. It even works in your favor since, given the same combo, THE ONE WITH THE BETTER ACCURACY WINS. And if that's not good enough, you can get moar points by tack on mods to MAKE IT GAME EVEN HARDER.

If you don't like the game, you don't like the game. But you cannot argue against it. You're "objectively" wrong at every single step. The only way it makes sense otherwise is if you're pussy casuals. Everything you say can be summed up in three words.

>it's too hard
>>
>>15974005
>>>/a/
>>
>>15974005
I'm neutral on this whole subject because I dislike osu and beatmania, I'm just curious about what you hope to accomplish. Going into a place where you know for a fact has a long running hivemind, and trying to fight the hivemind knowing you can't win. What's even the point?
>>
>>15974005
Follow up: there's actually more as to why you hate money score by combo (and why you think things that make the game easier are good), so I'm slipping it in. It's not entirely your fault. iidx-style ranking taught you to hate combos, because of said flaws that separated clearing from scoring. Timing doesn't matter much if you're only trying to clear. You just need to hit as much as you can, and no one's really impressed by anmitsu - another thing that Osu has taken away from you. But even you have to admit a AAA FC is better than a AAA with tons of misses. What's happening is you're SACRIFICING combo for score, which in your twisted mind is somehow better than comboing AND scoring. But if you hate it so much, why do you even look at it? You ignore money score. Why is Osu different? I'll tell you: because it puts higher score further up the list than letter grade. That's literally it. The order of slots on the ranking makes the game shit XD

Osu players don't even care about score.

The ultimate joke is the score IS HARDLY BASED ON COMBO AT ALL. Your ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS WRONG. Quothe https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4917357

>Please read the wiki. Combo is not DIRECTLY used, but there is something similar to combo that is part of the calculation.
>Score is calculated in 2 parts, one part based 100% on accuracy, and one part that uses accuracy and a multiplier. This special multiplier starts at maximum, but if you hit anything less than 300, it will be reduced. If you miss, it is reduced to 0. You can think of the multiplier like HP, it starts out max, but if you make a mistake, it drops and you need to build it back up.
>Because the value of this bonus is carried between hits, any time you make a hit that is not a 300 or max, you will not be getting the maximum possible points for that note AND notes after it, until you build this bonus back up to maximum.

>Without getting into the exact math, the effect is this:
>If you miss a few times spread out across the map, that will make your score worse than if you missed the same number of times all in a row. That means that When you missed matters, and can cause 2 scores with identical stats (same number of notes for each judgement) to end up with different final scores.

See that? ACCURACY IS MORE IMPORTANT AFTER ALL.

Just how shit are you.
>>
>>15973395
>just need 220 dellar to regain power user
>if i asked someone sitting on thousands to send it to me i'd be shamed for begging

:T
>>
>>15974091
Some people just want to watch the world Bern.

Plus I saw some serious retardation on the dub so I wanted to set things straight, and it's funny seeing people get haughty over a game that literal schoolgirls beat the hardest modes of. iidx in an incredibly casual game. It's not even a fight.
>>
File: 1475449246227.gif (3MB, 173x267px) Image search: [Google]
1475449246227.gif
3MB, 173x267px
>>15974177
>on the dub
>>
>>15974170
You can easily get 220 dellar way before november 20 is you don't turn off your computer.
>>
>>15974005

finally
someone that agrees that reflec beat is the best bemani game
>>
what are some fun ddr songs
>>
>>15974311
Can't stop falling in love
>>
>>15974283
Nice try, but we all know Jubeat is better than RB
>>
>>15974252
i don't but i'm impatientt
>>
>>15974311
Little Bitch
I fucking lost it when I found out that was in the first mix thanks to a 1st mix pack on the local ITG2 machine.
>>
>>15974311
there aren't any

no but it depends which mix you are playing
>>
>>15969589
Not a DAO part but I've got the same problem with Chinese postal service. Fuuuuuck.
>>
>>15974510
Yeah, I've also been waiting the same amount of time for a couple games I ordered from Japan off eBay (IIDX 7th style and DJMax 3 Portable LE).
>>
I can't help but believe it's my morbid obesity that's holding me back on Pop'n.

43-44 is about all I can muster and my arms are killing me after every song.

Maybe if they weren't so weighed down with fat I'd be much faster and have far more stamina.
>>
>>15974628
43-44 is still pretty impressive. I'm not even close to that so I couldn't imagine how that would feel on your arms. My arms kill me after a single song in DDR because I put so much weight on them using the bar and I'm not even overweight.
>>
>>15974526
Ugh. Good luck getting your things.
>>
So, do you have to exceed some percent completion rate for a dan course before you can say you're at that skill level, or is it enough to just pass it? The other day I passed 6 dan, but with a 50% completion rate
>>
>>15974658
Dan does not measure skill at all.
>>
>>15974667

9th dan does. You can't just bullshit those scratches.
>>
>>15974311
Both Candies (star and heart)
>>
>>15974628
>tfw being fat is finally objectively holding me back in DDR

I could pass OTP Challenge if I could actually hold on to a bar and move my legs at my full speed for two minutes but instead I score As on 16s
>>
>>15974682
Yellow (i think) candy by Risk Junk is also a fun streamy 14
>>
>>15974628
Well now you have some motivation to lose some weight.
>>
>>15974646
Thanks. Same to you.
>>
>>15974677
Not in copula since just a little smile is gone now
>>
>>15974487
>Little Bitch

Back in the ancient times of DDR 2nd mix or so, someone said they tricked a kid into playing that song in front of his parents.
>>
How are you guys putting artwork on your controllers under your acryllic/lexan? Is it a special type of paper to stick to the controller? Glue? Or just put it under the glass and screw the glass onto the controller?
>>
>1p pfc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb3Dd1ffIdY
>>
>>15974912
>how are you putting paper between two pieces of plastic

wizardry

jesus fucking christ anon
>>
>>15974916
chris is a machine sent from the future to play dance dance revolution
>>
Anyone ever develop your own terminology for various rhythm games?

I do. For instance:

-I call chords in IIDX that have more than two notes together "Meme chords"
-I failing a song at 69% in SDVX or 78% in IIDX or by one bar in Pop'n "Getting fucked" "Oh I got fucked!"
-I also call being taken by surprise by sudden notes at the end of a song when you think it's already over "Being Bamboozled"
>>
>>15974939
I developed my own terminology for this post

"autism"
>>
>>15974916
>Expert
>Not challenge

Yamn.
>>
>>15974311
Condor
>>
>>15974954
you forgot to post your challenge pfc mate
>>
>>15974916

How do Perfects and Marvelous's compare to Excellents and Fantastics in ITG these days?

Way back when Fantastics were tighter than Perfects, but Marvelous were tighter than Fantastics.

I need to know this so I can dial in my astonishment to an appropriate level.
>>
So I bought a controller for svdx and it arrived a few days ago, I've put a few hours in and cleared my first 13 (Bangin' Burst) and was wondering how to get good at swapping hand sides?
I've looked at 14s and some 13s and they are much harder and require going over to the other side which is not something I'm used to. Are there any charts that are decent for practicing this? I'd like to attempt it at a reasonable pace without totally loosing myself.
>>
>>15975267
Sdvx literally does not have a difficulty curve. Everything up to 13 is really easy and then you have to re-learn the game from scratch.
>>
>>15975353
Thats pretty much how it felt. Quick run up to 12, with a fumble to get to 13.

13-14 feels absolutely massive in comparison, much more like a difficulty cliff.
>>
>>15974939

I always see screencaps of turbo autism like this but rarely do i witness it
>>
>>15973417
>It literally makes it the same as CS.
If by "makes it the same as CS" you mean "makes it like playing 8th style CS on a a shitty LCD TV" then yes. CS is great because it's with consistent hardware and can be played on a CRT TV. Playing AC data doesn't have that luxury, and ignoring the fact that no setups will have CS latency is a disservice to anyone you're trying to help.

>>15974916
I wish the camera man would stop being annoying.

>>15975004
Marvelouses are still tighter than Fantastics.
>>
>>15975481
>>15974945

Man, fuck both of you. This could have been a neat topic of discussion, but no. You have to snuff it out by claiming it's autistic.

There's no way other people don't do this. But now they'll be discouraged from sharing as now it'll be seen as "autistic".
>>
>>15975690

>>15974916
>>
>>15975688
A (You) for you.
Protip: normally people just say it and others understand it via context.
>>
>>15974939
I call chords in any game jumps desu
>>
whats the difference between random, s-random, and r-random?
>>
>>15975723
S-ran randomizes each individual note. R-ran offsets the notes.
https://remywiki.com
>>
>>15974916
Disgusting. This man knows no chill.
>>
>>15975721
same

i wish iidx had an assist mod that got rid of any chord with more than 3 buttons that shit is retarded
>>
File: IMAG1231.jpg (3MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1231.jpg
3MB, 5376x3024px
>>15975688
i dont really do it in iidx because i dont talk about it verbally often

in online games ive noticed i do it all the time though

you are pretty autistic, though
>>
So, any way to play pop'n music on a IIDX controller?
>>
>>15975970
get creative with the start button or dont bother

iidx on a popn controller would be mad fun though, at least for lower level stuff
>>
>>15974939
Really though, that last one is alright. The first two are pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>15975970

I would make a White and Yellow on one side Scratch Down and Scratch Up, but then there'd be no way to hit White + Yellow chords.
>>
>>15974757
Holy fuck, that's a good one.
>>
>>15975965
Once you practice it it isn't too bad. I'm working on 5s and 6s in 8 CS and I'm starting to get the hang of it.
>>
>>15975977
CS IIDX games can detect the pop'n controller, it's why they even come with a pop'n skin.
>>
>>15976198
i'm talking about like

for example

the end of bass2bass spa

it gets silly in higher level charts because once theyve mapped out everything in the song all you can do is make them chords
>>
>>15976157

Actually, I think it could work if you do it right.

If you scratch fast enough and do it at the right time, you could be able to get an early great and a late great since Pop'n chords are judged as separate notes.
>>
>>15971279
>>15974005
I'm going to purposely take some of the bait here, but you do make some fair points in your original post. Something I think you need to consider when talking about the antithetical goals in IIDX (comboing/clearing vs accuracy) is that this game is an arcade game that you have to pay to play. We, bemani players playing games in the comfort of our own homes /and/ Osu players, can sometimes forget that. Accuracy is the goal for (most) high level players, whereas clearing is meant for keeping you attracted to the game. Of course it isn't the toughest goal to attain.

As an aside, I think just piling on mods to make the game more "hardcore" shows how the base game is lacking, and it seems like you agree. I don't mind Osu as a game, I haven't been interested in it much and I've successfully avoided it for years. The community rubbed me the wrong way when I first started playing rhythm games and tried it out though.
>>
the person who charted ave de rapina should unironically be shot
>>
>going to have to download SIRIUS or RA data JUST to play Gambol with its old timing

I would have done it during freeleech, too, had I known at the time.
>>
>>15976954
>he doesn't have a bemani ps2 setup

tsk tsk
>>
File: SDVX difficulty curve.webm (704KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
SDVX difficulty curve.webm
704KB, 720x404px
>>15975392
>>15975353

The major wall everyone faces would be going from easy 14s to mid 14s. Even some bottom tier 15s are easier than some 14s.
>>
>>15971279
First off all, you have good points but you're being a faggot. Please stop.

Second, hardcore != better. I don't mean casualization, that just makes games worse. I mean giving partial credit for partial successes. Just saying 'YOU WERE OFF BY A MILLISECOND, YOU LOSE' makes the game more challenging but not more fun. e.g. IWBTG fan games are arguable the most hardcore platformers out there but most people would rather play Super Meat Boy or even N++. Just because certain mechanics in Osu! are more hardcore does not make them superior to mechanics in other rhythm games. When 'designed' as poorly as they are by peppy, it makes the game worse.

Third, as much as we hate to admit it the genre depends on exposure to and engagement of normies to get people in the door. There's a reason DDR has 2hu, iidx has denpa, and yes, Osu! has shitton of anime OPs/EDs. This is why in most games there are two sets of challenges: a minimum set of challenges to satisfy the normies and a second tier for the more hardcore players. In IIDX, clearing vs scoring helps to provide those two tiers, even if they stumbled onto that design accidentally. What you're proposing would eliminate that first tier, leaving little appeal to all but the most devout players. It would literally kill the game.
>>
>>15975965
Am I the only one who likes chords?

I find chord heavy songs to be way easier to score on than scaly songs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc_6vBbNW2A
So this is pretty impressive.
>>
>>15977336
>mfc
>13 oks
I assume mfc means marvelous fc. What are those 13 oks from? Note that I dont play ddr
>>
>>15977344
Freeze arrows. Do them right gets a ok.
>>
>>15977199
It all comes down to your strengths and preferences. Some are good at chords, some at scales, some at scratching, etc, and generally prefer songs with emphasis those those.
>>
>>15977336
This is such an obviously misrated 16 though, Chris and Jeff have been already MFCing those. They've been doing crazier shit than this, like sightread PFCing actual 17s.
>>
>>15974939
Don't worry anon, I do the same
>>
>>15977379
Yeah, thanks to my sweaty hands I tend to do horribly on scratch songs.
>>
File: 1474349346822.png (763KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474349346822.png
763KB, 1136x640px
Post yfw you fail your first song at an arcade
>>
>>15977704
thats mf when theres no arcades near me
>>
>>15977199
I like chords when I can hit them properly
>>
>>15977161
The sham is crumbling right before our eyes.

Read it again. There's nothing stopping you from playing the lower difficulties. You just don't want to because the new system will reflect your true position on in the ranks. Low players and high players will pretty much be in the same place, and middle players only will go back to failing some of the most difficult songs they've cleared. This only upsets the secret fourth tier of players, the shams, who hide behind labes to make themselves appear superior and make everything personal.

>I mean giving partial credit for partial successes.
That's exactly what all other rhythm games do, and it's casual. Osu without any changes is still harder and more hardcore (not the same thing btw) than iidx. You're just comparing easy osu songs to hard iidx songs.

>YOU WERE OFF BY A MILLISECOND, YOU LOSE
"Welcome to Osu." Besides, this is WHAT YOU WANT when you cry about accuracy. You're ALREADY playing like this. Look at how many people have restart fever. Except in Osu, you'd obviously see you're playing beyond your means and would go back a step. You'd actually improve faster while having fun at the same time, and more of it.

>IWBTG
It's not even hard, let alone hardcore. More proof you're a sham.
ANYBODY who's played SMB has lost their minds.

>Just because certain mechanics in Osu! are more hardcore does not make them superior
It does if you like RealRhythmGames. Or, games.
Think about it. Ask anyone about the most exiting time they've had playing almost any rhythm game, and they'll almost always tell you about some time they were hanging by a thread on the hardest song they could get to, squeezing out a win on the last note. Or going for pfc or even plain old fc, hands shaking and sweating as the song goes on, before their heart nearly leaps out of their chest during the climax at the end of the song. Foot players have trouble STANDING after doing something great. In Osu, EVERY SONG, EVERY PLAY will be like that, except STRONGER because you're getting both situations at once, on top of it being on fresh charts you've never played through before. My changes simply make that happen much more often, at all levels of play, without having to reach autism tier first.

What you guys don't get is that the expert's feels going for wr on the hardest stuff is just as exciting and "valid" as the scrub's beating a new level or getting gud at his favorite song. In that sense, Osu is actually MORE accessible, and you spend all this time trying to boost them so they can get the "same fun" out of the game as you do, so you should be GLAD for at least that much. Instead, you shit on them. Talk about appealing!

"Literally kill the game XD" Osu has a MILLION PLAYERS with world tournaments for EVERY MODE. Can't say the same about IIDX.

No point quoting the rest because you're retarded and it's already been covered.

Back to shams and mechanics. Note this: the guys who started using random never went around saying "you HAVE to use random because you HAVE to git gud as FAST as possible OR YOU'RE A FUCKING LOSER." Only the shams, and it's funny because it's the exact same thing they accuse lower players of doing.

They also don't realise just how many concessions iidx has. Remember, hard song last, small song selection. Random was a concession so people could stand playing (and paying) the same handful of songs over and over until they could beat new stuff. There's zero reason for it in today's world. Speed mods, including hidsud, are concessions because of the inherent limitations of the falling notes layout. The "scratch bug" and anmitsu are obvious, but people fail to see any of the other problems. Hard bar, concession and band-aid solution to the inherent flaws of the groove gauge, which is itself is a concession because IIDX IS A CASUAL GAME. You play a couple songs and go. Get spooked? No big, there's always next time. You aren't supposed to sit there grinding for hours deliberatly practicing and training in slowmo because it's a GAME, and you wouldn't be able to in an actual arcade anyway. My changes only make it an even better GAME, for everyone, including the 99%. The "real game" where the "fun" is doesn't need to be gated from "the rest of the game" where the "normies" are. It's only hell for people who go at it like a sport.

Funny how the sport players pretty much need there to be a separation amongst players. Really makes you think.
>>
>>15978349
>>>/a/
>>
>>15978349
but moving your mouse around and restarting because you missed one note isnt fun.

also its a game designed to give rsi in both hands. it has a nice online ranking system and the client is very functional which is cool
>>
Here we have
The King of Dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc_6vBbNW2A
>>
>>15978582
>restarting

I did this in Rb+ and it is definitely not fun.
>>
>>15978349
>ANYBODY who's played SMB has lost their minds.

I got the plat for SMB and didn't lose my mind.
>>
>>15978582
what about

playing

for

fun

ever thought about doing that and not for rank? it is a casual game after all, taking it so seriously is ridiculous.
>>
>>15978349
This is the only post I've read

I agree completely with this part
'The "real game" where the "fun" is doesn't need to be gated from "the rest of the game" where the "normies" are. It's only hell for people who go at it like a sport.'

You will have a lot more fun in 2dx and get better faster at 2dx if you don't take it so seriously and instead try and enjoy it
>>
>>15978809
Finding new songs and playing them even if you fail is part of that fun too.
>>
>>15978844
I agree.
:3
>>
>>15978582
>it has a nice online ranking system
This is actually the worst thing you could've said. The scoring system and ranking system are both completely garbage and need a complete overhaul, which will never happen because both the development team and player base are completely retarded.
>>
>>15978789
>taking it seriously is ridiculous
>99% of the players are obsessed with their leaderboard position
>>
>>15979064
>1% of the players are obsessed with their leaderboard position
>the other 99% don't count
>>
>>15978789
You can't have fun and git gud. It's impossible.
>>
>>15978809
I agree with this in spirit (having fun), but I disagree with the thesis. What's wrong with having the option of going for different goals? I'm still climbing the IIDX ladder (10s after 5-6 months) and I'm fully aware that I can play for accuracy with the concession of dropping a couple levels or I can try pushing myself for a clear by moving up half a level higher than I'm comfortable with. I don't think it makes much sense to box people into a single (probably) reset-heavy goal. Moreover, it's a bit delusional to think entry-level and beginner-level players will love playing a smaller subset of songs for this sense of drive that an expert player lives for.

>>15979012
I think >>15978582 is talking about the mechanism itself, not the actual ranking of players. I.e. it's widely available, worldwide, and easily browsable.
>>
Is there a sim for drummania?
>>
>>15979333
DTXmania
>>
File: Growth_Memories_ADV.png (413KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
Growth_Memories_ADV.png
413KB, 452x452px
How tall is Maxmia? 2 metres?
>>
File: deemo.png (992KB, 859x1431px) Image search: [Google]
deemo.png
992KB, 859x1431px
Do any of you play mobile games?

Are they too casual?
>>
>>15979412
voez is ok but the delay from lagdroid makes it neigh unplayable at high levels
>>
>>15979412
Does Jubeat+ and Rb+ count?

>tfw deemo lags like hell on my tablet even on easy songs
>>
>>15979336
Thanks, I'm not sure how I've never heard of this before.
I hate to ask to be spoonfed, but do you know of any download and setup guides for this? I'm finding a million different downloads and no english information or guides.
>>
>>15979460
looks like theres some packs on sows for it, but other than that i have no idea where you'd find any info on it
>>
>>15979460
>>15979486
never mind, did some searching on the forums and found this mediafire folder full of stuff
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6t77lz17wacvl/GDAmania
>>
File: get_rekt.png (35KB, 606x646px) Image search: [Google]
get_rekt.png
35KB, 606x646px
Hey sdvxfags, how do you deal with the kind of fast white notes where you go from e.g. left side -> middle -> right side? Do you change your hand position or just keep your hands in place and tap the fuck out of those middle notes? I'm always getting rekt by those. Any tips? Pic related is what I'm talking about.
>>
>>15978349
>"Welcome to Osu." Besides, this is WHAT YOU WANT when you cry about accuracy. You're ALREADY playing like this.

This is not what I want at all. I want a game to rate my overall accuracy and performance. Not penalize me heavily for missing one note. Yes you stated that there is a new system that combines accuracy and combo, but if this were truly a fair way to score reasonably well, why does everyone still restart after breaking their combo?

>Except in Osu, you'd obviously see you're playing beyond your means and would go back a step
How can missing one note determine that the song you were playing is out of your difficulty range?

>Remember, hard song last, small song selection
This is assuming you're playing at the arcade. Where even there free mode is a option.

You talk about "concessions" that are apparent flaws in all the extra options but how is osu any different? There is no random option, it's just using various unfun mods to boost your score while memorizing certain streams of notes. Sure hard rock will change the note layout, but you'll just be playing with the same one. You also can't play with a mod like flashlight and sightread. The 'mods' are not fun or challenging, they are simply there for 'hardcore' players resetting the same song time and time again to get that 'perfect' score.

This is where iidx differs, there is no different circle size, or difference in note judgement per song, you don't have to worry about which stupid modifiers to put on to score well. At the core it is an extremely robust game. A better player will always be able to AAA a song that a worse player can't.

Sure you could say to "just play" osu without all of that, but you'd never improve. You'd just be one of the thousands occupying the 1-2 star lobbies playing anime songs. This is because there isn't a real indicator for how good a player is. The massive saturation of songs combined with the inconsistent automatic rating system just further adds to that problem.

It's much easier and more common to be a "sham" in osu than in iidx. Are those high ranking players that farmed pp by playing 1 minute long anime OPs on double time really the best? Well the leaderboards say they are. This is the second problem, the leaderboards are broken, because the current pp system doesn't work.

>What you guys don't get is that the expert's feels going for wr on the hardest stuff is just as exciting and "valid" as the scrub's beating a new level or getting gud at his favorite song
Because combining the last two points,that does indeed mean osu is an extremely "hardcore" game, but extremely unfun as well. What's the point in having thousands of songs to play if the only way to score well is to just pick one of them and replay it? Nobody in osu cares about clears, they don't care if you can beat a 5 star song, they care if you "beat" it.

>The "real game" where the "fun" is doesn't need to be gated from "the rest of the game" where the "normies" are
Osu experiences this more than any other game, it's just the top 10,000 players doing all the bullshit to get a good score and the rest are casuals playing anime songs or players not replaying the same song dozens of times.

They wouldn't have to do this if the scoring system wasn't broken.

Also, if i asked someone what was more satisfying, to hold a pen in one hand and press 2 keys on a keyboard in the other, or to simply press buttons and spin a turntable, which would they say is more fun to do in time with music?
At the very core of osu is a flawed game, all the extra things are just bullshit piled on top to try to mask that fact
>>
>>15979583
I just don't move my hands and try my best to hit those types of patterns. If you're good at jacks you can do those patterns no problem without moving your hands around.
>>
>>15979617
I guess I just suck at jacks
>>
>>15979583
I don't play SDVX, but I've seen videos of people using left hand for AB, and then right hand for both BC and CD, basically doing a one handed chord jack while sliding over.
>>
>>15979583
For the one in the pic I'd do the 1st with my left hand, and then do the last 2 by just moving my right hand quickly. Or do the first 2 with my left, 3rd with right etc. It comes with practice, so don't think too much about it.
>>
>>15979778
Yeah, I'm pretty new to the game, after building my controller I've just been grinding down 14s until I can clear them. That (and other similar patterns with fast double white notes that are not just alternation between the sides and don't have lanes between them) have just been something I consistently fail.
>>15979617
>>15979752
Thank you for the answers!
>>
>>15979423
deemo runs perfectly on my ipad air. don't know about android though.
>>
>>15979412
i play nanobeat and school idol festival
>>
>>15979861
>LLSIF

I spent like $800 on that game over the years
>>
>>15979605
All you're doing is bawwing, but sure, I'll bite.

>penalize me heavily for missing one note
There is hardly any penalty at all. Stop bawwing and reread.

>why does """everyone""" still restart after breaking their combo
Autism.
More seriously, you're trying to apply what the one-percent-of-the-one-percent does to everything. When there's nothing left but to be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, then sure, restart all you want I guess. You'll get mocked either way.

>more "one note" memes
>There is no random option in osu.
No anon, you are the autism.

All you're doing is bawwing, which I already called. "It's too hard." - because you believe you're entitled to starting on the hardest difficulty and being perfect on the first try. If I had said hard mode requires AA instead of AAA, you'd baww in the other direction about your "overall accuracy and performance" not being tested.
You DO realise AAA is 8/9ths of max ex, don't you?

Just be honest and say you want to get good scores while fucking up. (Which you can!)

If a real LIFE rhythm player fucked up on stage, he'd get boo'd out! Meanwhile, plenty of players are using sudden death mode. Git gud or dial it down until you get there.

>memorization
Now I know you're trolling or an outright retard. EVEN THE TROLLS don't use that anymore.

>hard rock changes the layout
This guy.

There's no point going any further because there is exactly nothing that hasn't already been layed out.

And since you're obviously a moron who's never played ANY rhythm game before, "Welcome to Osu" is what the announcer says when you start up the game.
>>
>>15979894
lol you are trying so hard
just accept that no one here likes osu and move on
>>
I want osu shills to leave.
>>
>>15979412
Groove Coaster.

It's pretty simple for what it is, but I love it.

If you get its DLC, be sure to use a VPN to access the japanese DLC not brought over.
>>
>>15979945
I wish osu shills would come back. You know how many years it's been since I've heard the memo excuse? Gimmea goddamn break. At least shills are honest.
>>
Why SDVX fells more like a DJ game than IIDX itself?
>>
File: 1476660847435.jpg (56KB, 640x696px) Image search: [Google]
1476660847435.jpg
56KB, 640x696px
>>15979986
>you know how many years its been since ive heard the memo excuse?
oh, im sorry, i thought i heard the phrase "meme excuse"
>>
>>15980060
it doesnt?
>>
>>15980060
HEY
HEY
WHAT IF
you replaced the scratch in IIDX with an analog scratch, kinda like the knobs in sdvx?
So you'd control the track instead of playing samples with it?
Wouldn't that be cool?
>>
>>15980088
Aside for scratching it has everything a DJ do. Also, IIDX barelly has scratching at all, 90~95% of the time you are clicking buttons instead of scratching.
>>
>>15980060
Because 5key died and konami can't into doubles.
>>
>>15979894

Ah there it is, nothing left but spewing buzzwords and conjecture. Nothing in your post is true at all.

Now please fuck off back to the osu forums or whatever shitty community that likes to play that game.
>>
File: 1307651951001.jpg (35KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
1307651951001.jpg
35KB, 600x455px
>>15980351
It's not good to use words you don't know, casual.
Only a retard would talk about things they don't know anything about. Only a retard would see "tiny deduction" and think "heavy penalty." Only a retard would ever utter the word memorization. There's nothing to guess. You are a retard.

Go get ready for school tomorrow and don't come back until you can write one sensical sentence at a time.
>>
>>15974126
>The ultimate joke is the score IS HARDLY BASED ON COMBO AT ALL. Your ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS WRONG. Quothe https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4917357
That's osu!mania, which was attempting to have a scoring system more similar to beatmania, which is why combo doesn't have as much of an effect. Combo is incredibly important in Standard where it serves as a direct multiplier for every note hit, which is why missing one note completely destroys your score much like it does in PIU or GFDM.
>>
>>15980121
That's DJ Hero, but with more buttons.

DJ Hero Doubles when
>>
>>15980351
Before you post again, cuz I know you're going to, let me make this so simple that even a retard like you can get, since you clearly didn't read the very first post. A draining life bar is superior to the 80-to-pass and hard bars because it combines scoring with clearing and raises the tension of the game, which is only a bad thing IF YOU ARE A CASUAL, and a WHINGEY casual at that since you refuse to LOWER THE DIFFICULTY SETTING.
Doing something over and over will ALWAYS be easier than doing it on-sight.
These FACTS cannot be argued.

>>15980470
Well I'm the retard this time.

The point about "overall performance" still stands since all else being equal, the one with the better accuracy still wins. Using hard rock would be IN HIS FAVOR because the guy mashing for combo would START MISSING. He can't complain about accuracy since you have to hit the notes at all before you can hit them on-time. He has no legs to stand on.
>>
can we take this shit somewhere else and actually talk about autistic rhythm games?
>>
>>15976224
Gotcha. I can see where that would get annoying. I've already seen that where the harder Give Me a Sign chart is just adding chords.
>>
>>15980513
More leg shattering.
Know what other games have combo-based scoring? iidx and ddr. DDR did it for like a decade, and iidx still has it today. People have no problem playing them "competitively," or did tourneys not count until supernova? Even then, in pretty much all games, getting an fc is considered a given to even start playing "competitively." iidx is actually a step backwards. (Technically it came out first but whatevs.) If they really cared about getting people "caught up" to the "real game," they'd still want combo-based scoring exactly because it's harder. In every other thing ever, the average skill level was higher when the event in question was more difficult. For every single excuse, history speaks against them.

Just saying "sport-players need divisions" doesn't go deep enough. These haters don't hate the game; they hate the players. They see themselves as superior human beings, and they physically and psychologically cannot stand losing to "osu players," so they'll go full DNC to avoid that reality. Which, if they were REALLY as accurate as they claim, would have no problem just getting the fcs and beating them. Scoring isn't even the real issue. Their entire sense of self is at stake. Calling them autists is an insult to the autists. At least autists can get fcs!
>>
File: 1470813260896.jpg (119KB, 839x835px) Image search: [Google]
1470813260896.jpg
119KB, 839x835px
Osu posters get the FUCK off /jp/
>>
>>15980575
>Know what other games have combo-based scoring? iidx and ddr. DDR did it for like a decade, and iidx still has it today.
Nobody has ever cared about money score in DDR or IIDX. All competitions have always used EX score.
>>
>>15980575
>and iidx still has it today
It really doesn't. Money score is literally cosmetic at this point
>>
>>15980575
>>15980587
Also, I'm fairly certain even money score in DDR didn't depend on combo after 5th Mix, meaning that combo was only a factor for about 3 years, not a decade.
>>
post sows account and ill give you a pcbid if you don't have one and have good stats on sows
>>
osu is fun
>>
>>15980587
>>15980589
That's the point.

>>15980597
Google boned me last time, but according to aij, from 5th onward later steps are worth more points on their own instead of being directly modified by combo. So it's not exactly "combo-based" but still nothing like supernova and on.
http://aaronin.jp/taren/scoring/ss5.html

Pretty hefty penalty for missing one note!
>>
SDVX IV:
Do you guys think it's possible for them to add any extra buttons along with what we already have? Or would they just add more gameplay elements without changing the controller? From SDVX Booth - Gravity Wars, nothing's changed yet... not that I'm complaining though, I find it perfect at 6 buttons (and 2 knobs).
>>
>>15980698
>That's the point.
But it's the opposite of what you said.
>>
>>15980700
They'd be fundamentally changing the game at that point. There's no way this would happen. I'm expecting more gimmicks like we saw in Gravity Wars.

Don't know if you play KSM as well, but if you remember back on v1.5 charters figured out you could "rewind" the track and do some other crazy stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something like that in IV.
>>
>>15980700
>Do you guys think it's possible for them to add any extra buttons along with what we already have?
No, unless you want all existing cabinets to become outdated. SDVX DX. SDVX Solo. I can see it now.

>From SDVX Booth - Gravity Wars, nothing's changed yet...
SDVX 2 introduced LONG BT and CHIP FX. SDVX 3 introduced a lot of chart fuckery with respect to overlapping chips and lasers starting anywhere in the lane.
>>
File: osu.png.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
osu.png.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>15980714
I was saying if they hate osumoney score, they can use other metrics like every other game where score is ignored.

Random web screenshot I sware
>>
>>15980737
>Random web screenshot I swear
Sure, whatever you say mazelakz47.
>>
>>15980730
I meant nothing's changed in terms of the actual physical controller, but yeah, that makes sense to not make all cabinets outdated.
>>
Osu timing is retarded. It's the dumbest shit on earth: you don't learn to time unless you're playing hard shit. Want to practice timing on easier songs, but you read slow? Get fucked, son. Want to make sliders have something other than piss easy timing, but want to play alone? You don't belong here.

Also: Want to choose a speed (approach rate) that isn't the one that the chart creator chose? Go fuck yourself, this is osu, that option doesn't currently exist, so it should never be added.

DDR players got over the "scores aren't valid unless they're 1x nobar" thing ages ago.
>>
>>15980716
That's a thing? Never knew.
>>
>>15980730

Hell Charge lasers
>>
>>15980832
Lasers and long notes in SDVX already behave like Hell Charge in that you get repeated Errors for things you do wrong if you don't correct it.
>>
>>15980589
I see it as a semi accurate indicator on what grade you'll get. i.e. 190k+ is definitely an AAA.
>>
>>15980863
This
>>
>>15980863
Anon, that's what the pacemaker (which has existed since happy sky, or maybe earlier) is for.
>>
>>15980863

Money score's only purpose is literally for breaking ties in tournaments on the VERY rare chance two people get exactly the same EX score on a song.

Beyond this, it's only there for tradition.
>>
Can anyone give a good list of good rhythm game players to follow on youtube/twitch?
>>
>>15980716
I doubt they'd add that since Chunithm already did it and it would look they were just copying them.

Then again I would love it if SDVX and other bemani games had world's end charts or something like it.
>>
>>15980925
https://twitter.com/dolce_iwate
https://twitter.com/vTATSUv
>>
People restart in osu because that's how the game works, beginners learn to do it without anyone telling them because if you get a miss your score will be worthless, you will get less pp, your rank won't be accurate and you will probably get a fc if you try it 20 more times.

There's a reason why people quit osu after finding other rhythm games. Being able to lose everything with a 1 second fuck up, having a draining lifebar, having variable everything and being forced to use a specific approach rate makes the game harder, but does it make the game more enjoyable?

Pump handles combo scoring a lot better.
>>
>>15980945
>pump scoring

okay can somebody please explain this image to me

is there a mod that inflates your money score or something like that
>>
>>15980963
I've never seen anyone be able to explain PIU score properly. All you need to know is that it's combo based and sometimes your SS will have a lower score than someone else's SS somehow.
>>
>>15980963
I don't know how infinity percentage scoring works, but prime only uses numbers.

>>15980988
That "higher score with SS" thing happens when someone gets a SS on rank mode, where there's a score bonus and VJ (very hard judge) is forced on.
>>
File: CSrlKfRUYAAgup-.jpg large.jpg (98KB, 512x800px) Image search: [Google]
CSrlKfRUYAAgup-.jpg large.jpg
98KB, 512x800px
>>15969279
When will Matsumoto start drawing porn? Those thighs are too good to be restricted to promo art.
>>
>>15980930
>World's End SDVX chart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2rvS8rM5Fc
>>
>>15980884
What if we're still playing even older CS games?
>>
File: osu is shit.jpg (68KB, 395x443px) Image search: [Google]
osu is shit.jpg
68KB, 395x443px
>osufags will defend this and say their game is "hardcore"
>>
If I were to get a Bemani PC, would I be able to run other arcade data on it? Probably a stupid question but I might as well ask.
>>
>>15980945
The scoring and ranking systems are both flawed, but if you really care about having fun over made up internet points, you could play offline/unranked and set the scroll speed, judgement, drain to whatever you want.
The thing that drove me on to bigger and better games was that the staff and community are retarded, but mostly that the game lacked technicality. With just one input, there's not really much reading to do. Jumps become increasingly difficult to aim at higher levels but that's a matter of physical difficulty and not technical difficulty, sort of like high bpm. I found games like SDVX and PJD to be more fun because successfully reading and performing holds and sides or knobs and stuff altogether felt more engaging, plus the overall quality of charts is incomparably better.
>>
>>15982487
>technical difficulty
>>
>>15982435
like, an official, real bemanipc? yes, you can

they're just pcs after all
>>
>>15982615
Yes. It's good that you can find out the main point of that post and quote it, so that others who might not find it can read it too!
>>
>>15982751
Alright, thanks.
>>
File: 59486116_p12.jpg (333KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
59486116_p12.jpg
333KB, 800x450px
Grace needs a hug
>>
>>15982074
Not the other guy but this never happened to me.
>>
Why the fuck is half the thread about Osu?
>>
>>15983373
People are bored.

Which is understandable since IIDX, SDVX and DDR have a monopoly here.
>>
>>15983373
There was enough interest to warrant a discussion about it?
>>
>>15983373
Because one sperg decided to try to justify some of the mechanics of the game and people disagreed which lead to one big autistic argument.
>>
>>15983390
This.
Next time I should tell you about a game more hardcore than osu.
>>
>>15983373
one osu player didn't get enough attention from his parents as a child so he gets attention by being a retarded fag on the internet
>>
>download copula ost on freeleech
>couldn't find a single good song

Why are we excited for copula HDD again?
>>
>>15983720
There's a few good tracks but yeah it's kind of like a weaker version of Pendual desu
>>
>>15983643
nice projection dude
>>
>>15983499
??????

I only like casual games though.
>>
>>15983373

osufag had a somewhat legitimate argument whic warranted discussion until he started sperging out
>>
>>15983720
>starlight dancehall
>dynamite

>not good
>>
>>15983720
>he doesn't like damage per second
>>
>>15983720
Different colour bg to stare at
>>
>>15984100
You mean free life?
>>
>>15984100
Oh look, another 9 I'll never play outside of warmup
>>15983937
This, that 'osufag' was very well spoken and articulate until later.
>>
>>15984921
>Oh look, another 9 I'll never play outside of warmup
But 9s and 10s are the most fun charts in the game.
>>
>>15984930
I can't score properly on them anymore. But I agree.
>>
>>15983720
so that i can play copula's shitty songs without paying a cent, duh

at least alice was good
>>
People say they wish rhythm games had more presence in the west but if bemani was as popular as guitar hero in its prime people would fuckin hate it
>>
>>15985248
That's not true.
>>
>>15985248
it would be filled with trash normie music at least
>>
>>15985491
there's a long history of garbage normie music in bemani, at least here and there.
>>
File: 1471294285462.jpg (127KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471294285462.jpg
127KB, 640x640px
I have 1 (one) psun invite. Post your sows account.
>>
>>15985695
Keep sows in sows you faggot
>>
>>15985713
Fuck off retard
>>
How to I get better with timing?
>>
>>15985747
Practice.
>>
File: 1475790323856.png (111KB, 281x264px) Image search: [Google]
1475790323856.png
111KB, 281x264px
>Floor infection/Policy break for Jubeat
>I missed every one of them this year
>mfw
>>
File: 1476488502277.jpg (21KB, 570x479px) Image search: [Google]
1476488502277.jpg
21KB, 570x479px
>>15985784
>Jubeat
>>
>>15985785
It was good when the queues for IIDX/SDVX get too long. More songs are always welcome.
>>
>>15985794
>when the queues for IIDX/SDVX get too long

that's when you play Museca
or if you live in nipville, Pop'n
>>
>beat my Pop'n rival by 33 points in a song

HA! Get fucked, kind sir.
>>
>>15985796
But I've already been doing that

Last I recalled I had like 1.6m coloris
>>
>>15985796
>>15985794

What do Round1s look like on a typical weekday during the middle of the day? Like crowd wise?

I don't want to have to do more waiting than playing.
>>
>>15985841
I was talking about the arcades in Bangkok. The games they have are more or less the same as a R1.

>typical weekday during the middle of the day

More or less empty. You might find some regulars who finish class early there.
>>
>>15985841
if you mean american R1s they're only busy during the evenings/afternoons on weekends/fridays pretty much
>>
>>15985851
In addition, due to the Thai King passing away last week, all cabinets have their volume reduced. This isn't a problem with games that have headphone jacks but it's a big one for DDR.
>>
>>15985876

lol, what an odd way to show respect.

Instead of a moment of silence, a week of lower volume?
>>
>>15985913
Forgot to mention it's more or less silent on some machines. But the weird thing is crane games and others are still blasting out sound. I think the management is trying to piss the regulars off.
>>
>>15985931

>I think the management is trying to piss the regulars off

A sound business decision.
>>
>>15985962
>IIDX is in the area where the AC hardly reaches
>Bring a fan from an area with no people
>moments later the fan is back to where it was and the cord is now taped to the ground

I should have brought my own fan for this shit
>>
>>15983720
Honestly I'm not really excited for copula at all besides a few interesting DP charts.

I'm just looking forward to new psun finally so I can save my lapistoria scores
>>
>>15983720
HELL OR HELL
>>
File: THE TAU OF GOOD DATA.png (70KB, 457x459px) Image search: [Google]
THE TAU OF GOOD DATA.png
70KB, 457x459px
>>
>finally round up BOF16 collection
>copy 20GB+ of data over to drive
>spend 60+ minutes extracting everything to 500+ folders
>load sim
>see how many of those 500+ songs have DP charts
>46

Every year I'm tempted to go over to the official ranking site and give a score of 0 to each and every song with no DP chart and say so in the comments section.
>>
Would anybody be so kind as to describe to me how the middle pad in Pump works? I'm well versed in IIDX and DDR, so you can use those as reference points.
>>
>>15986634
Only autists among autists play DP though
>>
>>15986548
>tfw invited by Tau

Didn't even know she was hot shit
>>
>>15986717
You step on it when there's a block in the center of the screen. When there isn't you keep your legs on the metal.

It's literally DDR with panels everywhere there's metal on DDR and vice versa.
>>
File: zgWIriU.jpg (100KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
zgWIriU.jpg
100KB, 612x612px
>>15986927
Welcome!
>>
>>15986927
also

>she
Tau is a bald british guy, sorry
>>
>>15987027
?

>tfw 6 weeks without playing DDR

Probably lost all my stamina and resistance at this point
>>
>>15986968
But the combo ticker doesn't tick up when it has a hold note, and sometimes I see people let them drop a hold note and it doesn't affect their combo or lifebar.
>>
Okay so we think Osu is gay but can we admit ouendan/elite beat agents was fun?
>>
>>15987079
Just because something is gay doesn't mean it's not fun.

That said OSU is only fun to play offline.

Actually, all games are fun only to play offline unless you are Dolce's tier gud.

And yes, we agree that ouendan was fun too.
>>
>>15985491
LOL no. Ok, maybe, it depends on the game and the target audience, if IIDX was popular in the west it would probably be even harder than it is now.
>>
Pop'n Music needs to fuck right off with the shit it pulls with regards to BPM changes.

A song will clearly state X - Y, with no question mark, and the song will proceed to speed up to like 2 times the speed of Y for a brief moment just to fuck with me.

Eat shit.
>>
>>15987101
What the hell are you on about?

IIDX's rival system is literally the one reason why I'm getting better at the game, and SDVX's matching system has saved my ass on songs I've failed multiple times.
>>
>>15987157
BPM changes in general need to fuck offl
>>
>>15987163
It's only my personal opinion. I'm a forever alone type of player.
>>
BPM changes in nonkeysounded games are fine since you can just rely on the audio. In DDR, it's even better since the arrows are colored according to rhythm.

BPM changes in keysounded games are less fun.
>>
>>15987219
BPM changes when the original song does not have a BPM change are the worst of all.

Like there's no reason for this shit. If the song's a constant 120bpm I don't want the speed to go to 240 when the chorus kicks in and slam down to 60 during the intro and ending for no reason.

Fuck.
>>
>>15987101
>2016
>thinking dolce is relevant
>>
>>15987301
>Implying Dolce couldn't beat everyone in this thread at every single Bemani even while blackout drunk
>>
>>15987389
I'm roughly equally skilled as DOLCE. in DDR, so I could probably beat him if he's drunk.
>>
>>15987230
>Like there's no reason for this shit.
It makes the song more intense. I think it should be reserved for boss songs though.
>>
>>15987065
I think you're just retarded. Works exactly the same as the pads in every other dancing game.
>>
>>15987389
The day after there'd be a series of MAX-1 scores on his account and he'd have no idea what happened.
>>
>>15987389

does dolce even play pop'n or sdvx
>>
>>15987722
He has taste, so __.
>>
>>15987741

so. what
>>
>>15987741

SDVX is objectively more fun than IIDX (being fun at all) and Pop'n can be every bit as hard as IIDX.

Fuck you.
>>
>stopped playing iidx for a year
>all my rivals surpassed me and now I can barely play 7's
Fuck me why did I stop.
>>
>>15987824
You'll be back to where you were in a week or two.

t. someone who derusted many many times
>>
Would a CRT TV connected through HDMI retain all the advantages of CRT?

Darqs says it should be through VGA.
>>
>>15987856
>Would a CRT TV connected through HDMI retain all the advantages of CRT?
Probably not. I don't know any of the actual technical information, but my intuition says that the decoding of the digital signal to display on a CRT would introduce latency that would not be present compared to an analog signal directly controlling the electron beam.
>>
File: 59486116_p0.jpg (362KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
59486116_p0.jpg
362KB, 800x450px
Best BlackY song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-84ZO86ssM
>>
>>15987163
Any game with a competitive scene becomes worse because of it. I think the only exception are racing simulators. In almost every other case, leaderboards are malignant.
>>
File: 1447298966755.jpg (67KB, 564x559px) Image search: [Google]
1447298966755.jpg
67KB, 564x559px
>>15987782
>SDVX is objectively more fun than IIDX (being fun at all)
>>
>>15987065
sometimes the combo ticks up on holds, sometimes it doesn't, and the speed is never the same across charts/songs. idk if you're really seeing people drop freezes though, PIU seems pretty strict about that (at least when i'm playing Prime/Infinity)

I'd be more curious to know why THIS >>15980963
can happen, Pump is a weird game

You also might not realize yet that Pump freezes don't require that you actually step at the start, just hold the panel down.
>>
>>15988079

>implying fun can't be objective

I love this meme that objectivity just doesn't exist.
>>
>>15988159

i'm saying you're wrong dumbass

sdvx is a fucking meme game, and it's not fun
>>
>>15987101
>all games are fun only to play offline

>he doesn't want to be a scrub learning the game who gets to bully your friend every time you get a rival win over them on some niche chart

>he doesn't want to reach the point where they can't beat your scores on those weird charts if they tried

>>15987230
have you played S!ck in DDR? you'd have a fucking aneurysm

>>15987219
keysounding is kinda gay as a whole for every occasion where you get slightly offbeat in a drill or something and cannot recover without thinking about the judgments on-screen and the slow/fast indicators

>>15987782
>SDVX is objectively more fun than IIDX
say this again unironically once you are at least playing 14s in sdvx and 8s in iidx

>>15987856
isn't the whole reason for latency on hdtvs etc. is having to manage and convert digital signals? that's the whole point of using analog connections.
>>
File: 1460437829506.jpg (53KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460437829506.jpg
53KB, 419x480px
>>15988159
>>15987782
>memorization games are fun
>>
Well, after a month of playing I can finally pass two 6s in IIDX. "Give Me a Sign" and "Love Is Orange." I don't know how I'm gonna manage the other 6s though as they really reveal my weaknesses.
>>
>>15988190
What are shooters?
>>
>>15988224
when I was getting into ~6s I played B4U (BEMANI FOR YOU REMIX) a whole lot. It's not -too- difficult once you get a hang of some of the note timings.
>>
>>15988226
STGs without enough randomized elements are shit.
>>
>>15988174

>say this again unironically once you are at least playing 14s in sdvx and 8s in iidx

What about my opinion makes you think I am new to either game?

I can do 11s in IIDX and 15s in SDVX.

Voltex is far more fun.

While I am mildly shitposting, I still do believe fun can be objective.
>>
>>15988249
because I thought the same thing (iidx isn't fun, sdvx is) until I reached those skill levels in each game

IIDX is considerably more fun once you have exhausted the available content in SDVX that isn't just touhou garbage
>>
>>15988226
Guess I'll have to train at that one next time I'm at the arcade. (No Empress yet)
>>
>>15988190
So Reflec beat is the most fun Bemani to you

I respect your opinion
>>
>>15988269
Reflec Beat isn't fun because you have to memorize the unreadable rhythms, even if the exact locations of notes are mostly randomized.

And all touch screen games are garbage.
>>
>>15988269
i don't know what you're getting at, reflec beat is entirely unreadable, just like most games without defined note lanes

>>15988281
touchscreen games suck except for technika and crossbeats and they're still not that great
>>
>>15988285
>reflec beat is entirely unreadable

literally git gud
>>
>>15988291
Show me your sightread scores.
>>
>>15988249
I'm at more or less the same levels as you do and I agree that SDVX is more fun than IIDX. Maybe it's because I progressed from zero to beating mid tier 15s in 2.5 months.

A IIDX player starts playing SDVX will find it easy while the same can't be said for the other way around.
>>
>>15986909
Thank (you) sir may I have another.

>>15988174
>keysounding is kinda gay as a whole
Keysounding is what makes music games worthwhile. Without it, there is a complete disconnection between your actions as a player and the music which you hear. Without it, the typical troll complaints of music games being nothing but overwrought Simon Says bullshit is justified.
> cannot recover without thinking about the judgments on-screen and the slow/fast indicators
This is why I play without them. It likely is one major reason why I rarely AAA anything, but I'd rather enjoy playing IIDX than give myself an aneurysm over being good at IIDX. Besides, if you get offbeat, you should be able to hear it and adjust accordingly without anything on screen telling you that you're wrong. That's another direct benefit of keysounding.
>>
Bemani rankings
IIDX=Pop'n=DDR>SDVX>Jubeat>>>>reflec beat
>>
>>15988500
>Besides, if you get offbeat, you should be able to hear it and adjust accordingly without anything on screen telling you that you're wrong. That's another direct benefit of keysounding.
If it's just an entirely keysounded roll with no other BGM to help you stay on beat (think R5 SPA), you can drift all you want and it will still sound "correct" to you unless you're a Human Sequencer.

Even with background audio, it can still be difficult in modern IIDX due to there being so much audio latency. CS or old 5 key beatmania always felt more responsive in comparison.

>>15988510
I can agree.
>>
>>15988521
IIDX 25: Return to CRT when?
>>
>>15988510
truuu
>>
>>15988500
that's not really true, say you're playing a melody and you get the timing between notes correct but you start it a little bit late/early, the whole thing is gonna be fucked up but it will still sound mostly okay

like i have a really good sense of rhythm and i still get fucked up when playing iidx sometimes, i never have that issue with ddr because you can hear what the music is supposed to be exactly even when you go off course
>>
>tfw u get the r5 death roll on 6n7
Xd
>>
Why are DJMAX's background videos during songs o much more memorable than IIDX's which are usualy pretty bland in general?
>>
>>15988644
I'm musically trained so i'm supposed to have a good sense of rhythm but my scores are usually bad. I like to blame my hardware to keep my self esteem intact.
>>
>>15988872
Cuz iidxs are off to the side while djmax is in the middle of them
>>
File: bigtoot.gif (15KB, 640x667px) Image search: [Google]
bigtoot.gif
15KB, 640x667px
>>15988906
>musically trained
>not just being born with an autistic passion and understanding of music

goml
>>
>>15989076
Yes I hate how much effort and training I had to do while one of my best friends was just falented enough to get as good as I was without even trying. Fuck talent it's not fair
>>
>>15988224
nice dude

I've been playing like a month and a half and I just passed my first 7 yesterday

what I did was just identify what specific things I had a problem with and then obsessively played the songs that had those things. For me it was those parts with a constant beat on a single note and then a separate melody at the same time. Took me fucking forever to get that down, but I can do it now. but only if the constant beat is on 1
>>
>>15988317
>>15988249
I can't believe you guys are arguing this

fun is literally not objective because different people find things fun for completely different reasons

some people might find SDVX more fun because it's easier and requires less work. Personally, I'm the kind of person that finds fun in working really hard to finally achieve a difficult goal, so I obviously find IIDX more fun.
>>
>>15988510
this is really accurate
>>
>>15989151
Both games are fun.
>>
>>15989140
Please do not abuse spoilers. This isn't /v/.

Also turn on Random, it prevents you from abusing patterns like that and helps you get better over time. It's also pretty fun on certain charts depending on what you get, as long as it's not stupid shit like 6767676767 rolls or lots and lots of S+1+2+3 stuff.
>>
>>15988510
let's add stuff!
IIDX=Pop'n=DDR>SDVX>Jubeat>DanEvo>Museca>Beatstream>Reflec Beat
>>
>>15989189
comprehensive bemani list

this is objective truthfact

IIDX=Pop'n=DDR>
Beatmania and Beatmania III>
SDVX>
Museca>
DanEvo>
DDR Solo>
Gitadora>
ParaParaParadise>
Dance Maniax>
Keyboardmania>
Future TomTom>
Jubeat>
Pop'n Stage>
Beatmania Pocket>
Beatstream>
Reflec Beat
>>
>>15989187
People on every board where it's an option use spoilertext as understated speech when they're embarrassed about something for example. You just read it like they're muttering something under their breath, and I think that's a really cool and unique use of the feature. It's not abuse, it's being creative. /rant

Also I suck at random so so much

But I guess that's kinda the point huh. I'll try to use it more often.
>>
>>15989232
I literally didn't know that Museca was a bemani game until this post
>>
>>15989232
If you're going to separate DDR and DDR solo, you should separate GF and DM, since DM is better than GF.
>>
>>15989249
shit good point

IIDX=Pop'n=DDR>
Beatmania and Beatmania III>
SDVX>
Museca>
DanEvo>
DDR Solo>
Drummania>
ParaParaParadise>
Dance Maniax>
Keyboardmania>
GuitarFreaks>
Future TomTom>
Jubeat>
Pop'n Stage>
Beatmania Pocket>
Beatstream>
Reflec Beat

I forgot because nobody even plays GF or Gitadora GF
>>
>>15989237
I know how it's used elsewhere. It's just not applicable here.

Similarly, excessive greentexting is frowned upon on /jp/.
>>
File: osu2.jpg (255KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
osu2.jpg
255KB, 1344x760px
>>15989252
It's perfect.
>>
>>15989260
Honestly Osu could be more fun if the base gameplay was changed so you need to hit various different keys, including chords. while moving the mouse

spinners of course use the turntable and consist of scratching as fast as possible rather than spinning as fast as possible
>>
>>15987953
Keysounded rhythm games are a little different because the song sounds better the better you play it. A good system wouldn't need any visible score.

>>15988159
It depends on the subject, retard.

>>15988174
SDVX sucks because they outsource almost all the music.

>>15988226
>memorization games
>shooters

>>15988500
>he can't git gud without screen indicators
PS Simon is also "keysounded."

>>15988644
>i have a really good sense of rhythm
>can't stay on beat
Worse than accuracyfags. "My accuracy is amazing! I just can't hit all the notes XD"

>>15988510
>iidx on the same level as popn
>ddr on the top level period

>>15989151
>different people find things fun for completely different reasons
>fun is literally not objective
>misusing literally
>misusing objective
>>
>>15989299
>SDVX sucks because they outsource almost all the music.
This is both its greatest strength and weakness.

Some of the outsourced music is god-tier and allows us to play stuff by artists who would otherwise probably never make it into IIDX or something. Additionally, having a bunch of music by various doujin artists helps introduce a lot of people into the genre, which helps us keeps it alive by providing demand in US-based R1. But the other half of the soundtrack is shitty half-assed 2hu remixes or vocaloid shit or just really, really awful remixes of Konami originals (ahem second heaven remix) that nobody likes listening to.
>>
>>15989299
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>15989299
this is literally objectively the worst post in the whole thread
>>
>>15989299

Good thing the almighty arbiter of rhythm games cast upon us his immutable wisdom before the thread died.

I'd have been lost otherwise.
>>
>>15988872
Every DJ Max song had a unique MV and cover artwork. Overall their songs had much more of an identity than in IIDX, which has no cover artworks and generally reuses the same generic overlays. For every IIDX chart with a unique BGA there were 6 with generic flashy backgrounds (my ratio is probably way off)
>>15988916
You can move the lane to the sides and have it look like IIDX in that regard though
>>
>>15989140
Yeah, that's my same problem. I'm gonna have to just force myself to get through that.
>>15988241
>>15988262
Ended up getting off work early and went to the arcade today. I should've mentioned I meant hyper 6s. That B4U chart was a little easy on a normal 6 but I'm Screaming Love was really fun on a hyper 6.
>>
>>15989458
oh no wonder

you're playing old 6s

hyper/normal doesnt matter but nothing before happy sky is rated correctly

try playing hyper/normal 7s from tricoro-copula

you should be able to clear them
>>
>>15989416
No kidding. I realized many iidx songs reuse the same BGAs after playing BMS converts, most of which do not have any video overlays.
>>
>>15989472
Alright, thanks. I'll start doing that whenever I'm at the arcade. I figured there must be a reason CS seems so much harder.
>>
>>15989502
feels like i see this shit on every old song
>>
>>15989515
Yeah, but, like, how DO you enter a rainbow?
>>
File: bga.jpg (40KB, 465x349px) Image search: [Google]
bga.jpg
40KB, 465x349px
>>15989515
I always see this one.
>>
>>15989860
>>15989515
I like the ones shared by most of the eurobeat songs.
>>
>>15989876
Always have to look up the skirt for that split second
>>
>>15989964

Were the misses worth it?
>>
>>15989972
Yes, everytime
>>
恋する宇宙戦争 DPH AAA FC, wasn't expecting that.

Session 9 Chronicles DPA Clear, I figured that was a good way to end the night.

>>15989964
It's more important to get the downview on Meg in Last Message.
>>
If I just passed 9thdan, how long should it be before I can pass some of the easier 12s?
>>
File: IMG_1370.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1370.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
So I heard you like DJ Yoshitaka
>>
>>15988174
As someone who is kaiden in IIDX and Gold Wings inf-dan in SDVX, I can safely say SDVX is much more fun to play than IIDX is.

Maybe it's just because I've gotten tired of IIDX and have been playing a lot more SDVX lately but it just has so much more variety thanks to its controls. Having to pay attention to knob patterns and moving your hands all over the controller is way more exciting than just keeping your fingers in the same place the whole song occasionally moving them a little bit to hit a scratch.

The only bad thing I could say about SDVX is that it's much much easier than IIDX is, but it's also good because you can get into it quicker and play all the fun high-level charts sooner.
>>
>>15990596
As somebody who is shit in both and also plays DDR and Poop'n, I can safely say I enjoy them all equally and it's nice to be able to rotate around on them whenever I burn out on one of them.
>>
So, a true american hero leaked the DPJam server/songs. When is XenoJam getting leaked?
>>
>>15990633
why are the o2jam pservers so secretive anyways
legal issues?
i didnt think there were any legit servers up for it anymore
>>
>>15990440

You must've heard wrong.
>>
>>15990665
Koreans are super protective of their shit. You can only access their servers if you are a pure Korean (and can prove it), or if you're ET
>>
>>15990680
dam no wonder japs hate koreans
they're exactly the same
>>
File: IMG_1372.jpg (172KB, 1279x674px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1372.jpg
172KB, 1279x674px
>Heavenly haven

So the 4th difficulty is heaven?
>>
>>15990708

Outer Heavenly Haven. The dream has been realized.
>>
File: 5225146127123.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
5225146127123.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
as someone who plays at home with a controller + data setup, i think the controller turntable has really spoiled me.

I found out on the real thing you have to move the turntable for like ~5 degrees before it could register, which really threw me off on some of the scratch heavy songs i played. on my controller (rainbow portable 2+) the turntable could register with even the slightest movement which makes scratching 1/8 notes much easier.

so it begs the question: just how different is the turntable mechanism in a controller than the real thing? is it possible to replicate the 'trigger distance' on a home controller? if so why aren't anyone doing that yet? (pic slightly unrelated)
>>
>>15990883
my asc turntable (portableDX) doesn't really freely spin at all, but it is super sensitive and can be re-triggered in the same direction pretty quickly

when i play at the arcade it's like a whole different game, the cab at my r1 is totally fucked and has some kind of part missing from the TT, it's like recessed compared to p1 (level with the metal edge) and spins super loosely, i have to consciously stop it with my hand in order to trigger it quickly
>>
>>15990708
what a stupid fucking name, even compared to "infinite infection" and "gravity wars"

UI looks like it'll be mad aesthetic though

plus the new rasis outfit looks qt
>>
>>15990883
>tfw have the same controller
good thing theres no arcades near by ha ha

my only thought to the solution would be to decrease the sensitivity in bemanitools till it feels like ac tho
>>
File: cNIHZAg.jpg (58KB, 1276x718px) Image search: [Google]
cNIHZAg.jpg
58KB, 1276x718px
Konmai pls learn English
>>
File: 3.jpg (78KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
78KB, 852x480px
>>15990915
RASIS IV
>>
【最新作稼働直前!RTキャンペーン】beatmania IIDX 24 SINOBUZがいよいよ10/26(水)より順次稼働開始!
最新作稼働を記念して、RTキャンペーンを実施します!今すぐこのツイートをリツイートして、貰える「BUZZ」を増やそう!
#IIDX #BE生

explain this meme
>>
>>15990883
The mechanism is the same. The problem is that the home controllers are happy to register as little as one half of a tooth passing by the sensors as a scratch. On real AC, it takes at least 2 entire teeth to register. With the arcin PCB, for example, the firmware can be changed so that the turntable is less sensitive and behaves more like real AC.
>>
So I tried downloading Copula's OST Vol.2 through some chink site to save ratio.

After filling out moonrune captchas and using my ancient baidu account, it'll take 2 more hours to finish downloading at this snail's pace.

Ugh.
>>
>>15988589
Because they don't have money to buy 1ms LEDs right?
>>
>>15989299
>SDVX sucks because they outsource almost all the music.

And all of them (electronic) are great and GOAT.

PS: and Hinabita IS GOOD indeed.
>>
>>15990943
It's impossible this is not on purpose.
>>
>>15990708
CS release?
>>
>>15991346
That sucks. I haven't really heard much on volume 1 that got me going. I've only played Copula at an arcade once but the only thing I really liked about it specifically was the art.
>>
Thinking of getting an ASC, DJ dao or Virgoo?
>>
>>15991707
Dao
Virgoo is nice if you've got the cash and are lazy but isn't as customizable

It's like linux vs mac
>>
>>15991757
DAO is nice if the powers that be aren't working against you. I'm really starting to get tired of having to use this JKOC while waiting.
>>
>>15991809
DOA DAO?
Your story is an epic in the making.
Good to see you're still around though. You're a nice dude.
>>
My FP7 arrives today hope it's not dead like that other anon's.
>>
>>15991858
mine came recently and its cool but the tt sticker sux
>>
File: 20161019_130451.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_130451.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
It's here. Let the suffering begin.
>>
>>15992246
I wish I hammone of these. How long does it take to arrive aftr ordering one?
>>
>>15992268
Ordered it on Friday and it arrived today. I live pretty close to the US storehouse though so your results may vary.
>>
>>15992246
>tfw third world and can't get one
>>
>>15992339
Why can't you? Also 3rd world and with money to spend. I think i wil order one next month
>>
File: 1338737471351.jpg (18KB, 265x264px) Image search: [Google]
1338737471351.jpg
18KB, 265x264px
>>15992380
>$229 + $291.20 Shipping + $260.10 Import taxes
>>
>>15992420
You poor bastard
>>
>>15992429
>tfw my country fell for the Perón meme
>>
>>15991504
It's not the music itself. Songs made to be chopped are better than random songs with random fx thrown on top of them.
Thread posts: 501
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.