[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why good ends are permitted in vns? think about it. what's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

why good ends are permitted in vns?

think about it. what's a typical bad end like? protagonist is left alone and depressed, and possibly becomes an alcoholic. what's a good end like? they lived happily ever after.

now, recall that vns are designed for you to self-insert into. and what's gonna happen after you played through a vn? you go back to your shitty life of a degenerate bottom-feeding scum that you are, and never again meet the characters.

so bad end is actually what's happening in the real life, inevitably. therefore i postulate that all vns should only have bad ends.
>>
I think you're missing the entire point of entertainment.
>>
>>15962695
don't tell me you don't feel dead inside when you close a vn and go to sleep. you are on jaypee, after all.

it's not about entertainment. how can you be entertained when you're one of us? it's about distraction.
>>
I kinda know where you are coming from.
It's one of the reasons I don't play a lot of VN, nor watch story-heavy animes.
Why would I? Just to get invested temporarily on characters that I'll never see again?
I understand they're made to be entertaining and all, but... I don't think that kinda stuff was made for me. meh.
>>
>>15962590
Let's go a step further and prevent anything good from happening in visual novels, ever. You have no adventures and the girls don't even talk to you.
>>
>>15962750
>you're on /jp/ after all
Don't do that.
>>
I have a different reasoning. I find it disappointing when books always have good endings, so VNs not having well-written bad endings is disappointing too.
>>
>>15962787
I would play this
>>
File: 1295837468992.jpg (159KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1295837468992.jpg
159KB, 500x500px
>>15962590
Jokes on you my favorite VN is a three part series with routes spanning all three games as well as a sequel which has the original characters return AND a continuation of whatever route you chose. It also has PS2/Xbox releases with added content.

So I spaced the first three out over a period of seven years so I could continue enjoying it for as long as possible and have yet to play the sequels or console releases. I haven't even played all the routes yet.

I can enjoy my favorite VN for years to come and plan on doing so.
The thought of actually completing everything is an incredibly depressing one, but that should be many years from now.
>>
I come here for the same reason I've been coming to 4chan for 12 years. It's an image board and I like hoarding images. /jp/ has the kind of images that I like to hoard.

As for VNs, I don't read typical harem moege. That's dead boring. But I still like good ends, they remind me of the good relationships I've had. Currently I'm alone, but I believe in myself.
>>
I rarely finish VNs, or most anything really, because as long as I don't finish them they're not over. I can always go back and finish them at any time. That way, those peaceful days can continue into eternity.

There's probably something wrong you if you're afraid to part with fictional characters but I guess this thread is probably self-selecting for pathological people.
>>
>>15963544
you don't even know.
>>
>>15962849
I'm playing this already
>>
>>15963650
Not that guy but I'm nearing 140GB. YOU don't even know.

And I'm sure there must be an eldritch Anon around with even more.
>>
File: 1470482331372.png (103KB, 317x447px) Image search: [Google]
1470482331372.png
103KB, 317x447px
>why good ends are permitted in vns?
>now, recall that vns are designed for you to self-insert into. and what's gonna happen after you played through a vn? you go back to your shitty life of a degenerate bottom-feeding scum that you are, and never again meet the characters.
> therefore i postulate that all vns should only have bad ends.
>>
>>15962750
how do you expect it to distract you from reality when they're the same?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.