/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen to the future of Touhou if ZUN died from alcohol

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1380426722236s.jpg (10KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1380426722236s.jpg
10KB, 250x236px
What would happen to the future of Touhou if ZUN died from alcohol poisoning right now?
>>
Then... Touhou would stop at 15???
>>
Wait 20 more years until his son picks it up
>>
>>15938788
If ZUN left the rights to his wife, she sells the ip to Sony.
If ZUN left the rights with Tasofro some god forsaken reason, they run the series into the ground themselves even worse than Sony would.
Could ZUN leave Touhou in the public domain? If he does, then everyone runs Touhou into the ground.
>>
>>15938792
Just like Reimu.
>>
>>15938788
Jews find a way to steal the franchise and jew it into the ground, make all the characters into degenerate SJW 3DPDs, DLC everywhere, and all kinds of other stupid and evil cancer. It would literally be better off fading into obscurity than what the evil business suits would do to it.
>>
>>15938788
Nothing. People would probably make fan games for a few more years and then it would die. The comic artists would probably run with the stories though, turn them into even more fanon things before they ended.

If someone wanted to make money off Touhou, they would. There's nothing stopping anyone from making anime, manga, movies, or games about girls in lolita dresses and silly hats throwing cookies, coins, and knives at each other. And honestly, putting 「Touhou」 on something wouldn't even carry as much value as putting 「Madoka」 on it. Danmaku games are a niche of STG, which are a niche genre of games, and doujin games are a niche in themselves. It's too small time, even if it is popular.
>>
The licence would probably collapse, and as the fanbase slowly decays, with nobody to be into Touhou, Gensokyo, the land of illusions, would finally appear, with nobody to believe in it. Then you'll just have to enter one of the taverns of the human village to see our beloved ZUN selling his handmade beer.
>>
When the prophet dies, the myth dies, unless a new prophet appears.
>>
>>15939042
This post is so garbage I swear it must have been expertly refined to cram as much total crap in as densely as possible. Marvelous, truly.
>>
>>15939042
Whoa, 3 buzzwords in a row!
>>
>>15938788
Could you not post a thumbnail?
>>
File: 9813319.jpg (496KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
9813319.jpg
496KB, 800x600px
>>15938788
some faggot would capitalize on it soo hard that it would put EA and Konami to shame.
A remakes of the old Touhou 1 to 5 into a DLC shitfest, the canon might just be FUBAR afterwards. Sort of like MGSV's release.
>>
>>15939716
While he's probably overreacting, I don't think he's entirely wrong. With ZUN watching things carefully, the series has managed to slowly but steadily move forward and hold it's value. I don't think it would so much as be destroyed as slowly decay, though.

The question that I guess you have to ask is if there's really someone out there who can really do and pull off all the things ZUN is able to do with it, and that's not an easy thing to do.

You need to be able to... program, compose excellent music, have a good knowledge of Japanese history and mythology, draw reasonably well(well, he's definitely improved a lot, at least)as well as do pixel art(and animate it), have a good hand in how to properly create danmaku games, be able to write good characters and decent stories... the list goes on. And you have to be able to do all of it by yourself.

I don't want to say that ZUN is kind of unique, but ZUN seems pretty unique. He has a wide variety of abilities that would make doing this impossible for most people.
>>
>Capitalize
Touhou is extremely niche. It doesn't even have a "sex sales" factor into it.
Chances are his wife would take the reign of the Touhou IP and start developing mobile game versions of the series as she apparently has some skill and familiarity with making games for smartphones.
The other chance is selling it to Bamco/Sony/NIS who would immediately start a line of merchandise to sell towards fans and market these games heavily on the Japanese nerd army.
If Sony won the rights, I have no doubt they would adopt Reimu/Marisa/Sakuya/Reisen as their new temporary mascot and put Japan Studio in head of making future titles into a more popular genre than bullethell. Like a generic JRPG.
BAMCO would see its popularity and contract a developer team to keep it within similar styles of bullethell gameplay or keep the thematics very much the same so they can continue to attract the niche it has.
NIS would sexualize them to hell but keep most of the plans the same as BAMCO.

DLC is not out of the question obviously. It would most likely be "Buy your favorite character, lmao."
>>
I thought alcoholics couldn't really get alcohol poisoning since their tolerance is so high and they tend to pass out first. You mostly just hear about that with college kids that aren't used to drinking.
>>
>>15943844
Alcohol tolerance over a long period of time can quickly lead to a reversal of tolerance since the liver becomes weaker and weaker as people age.
ZUN is probably at that range to start having symptoms of cirrhosis.
>>
I would ferment my semen and pour it onto his grave with touhou doujins, magically resurrecting him.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.