[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ninety years ago on this day, DD-30, later known as IJN Nagatsuki

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 11

File: CuFmOjkUEAQilww.jpg (271KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CuFmOjkUEAQilww.jpg
271KB, 1448x2048px
Ninety years ago on this day, DD-30, later known as IJN Nagatsuki "September", set sail for the first time in the waters of Tokyo Bay.

Post images, videos, and other pieces of Nagatsuki-related material in this thread. (Other lunar calendar months and phases are also welcome.)
>>
File: CuFwomgVIAAprum.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CuFwomgVIAAprum.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>15933909
There were a lot of pictures uploaded today to mark the occasion.

Not nearly as much as there would be for other ships, but, well, you know.
>>
File: CuFm61mUkAAMabp.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CuFm61mUkAAMabp.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
進水日記念創作おめでとう
>>
File: 53154351_p0.jpg (576KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
53154351_p0.jpg
576KB, 725x1024px
>>
File: CuAztJ0UEAANYy0.jpg (263KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CuAztJ0UEAANYy0.jpg
263KB, 768x1024px
Some amateurs also lent their hands to the attempt with mixed results
>>
File: CuA1xizVUAAN2ZQ.jpg (31KB, 626x813px) Image search: [Google]
CuA1xizVUAAN2ZQ.jpg
31KB, 626x813px
>>
File: CuFQq34UkAAMWP1.jpg (191KB, 1469x1383px) Image search: [Google]
CuFQq34UkAAMWP1.jpg
191KB, 1469x1383px
Last explicit celebration I'll post from this year, the art is quite nice but I can't help but think that this guy has a somewhat unfortunate signature.
>>
File: CQo82HXVEAAcKDa.jpg (77KB, 619x621px) Image search: [Google]
CQo82HXVEAAcKDa.jpg
77KB, 619x621px
This nice and particularly unsubtle badge was drawn last year.
>>
File: CuFvnGhVIAALpyj.jpg (59KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
CuFvnGhVIAALpyj.jpg
59KB, 768x768px
Actual anniversary commemorations aside, a handful of pictures also came in from the intermittently hosted KanColle 60-minute draw challenge #艦これ版真剣お絵描き60分一本勝負_20161006. (The other topics were Kako and Hyuuga.)

Whenever I see a green-haired girl in a cardigan I'm always reminded of a certain other character. In fact, two of them. Design space is hard.
>>
File: CuF-fAlVMAADt9v.jpg (51KB, 480x900px) Image search: [Google]
CuF-fAlVMAADt9v.jpg
51KB, 480x900px
IJN Nagatsuki ended her seafaring days on July 5th, deliberately grounded after taking water and damaged irreparably by American aircraft the next day. Though she sank, her crew survived to fight another day, making her all things considered a reasonably lucky ship in the war. The parts of her wreck that weren't salvaged for scrap remain at Kolombangara to this day.

If you can read Japanese (or just want to see some pictures of varying quality) the anniversary hashtag is 長月進水日記念創作. I'll leave this thread for the time being with an picture of Nagatsuki in a slight state of undress, probably to post some videos and other stuff over the coming days. Don't make light of destroyers~
>>
File: CQkFpPIUkAAW2in.jpg (180KB, 986x1539px) Image search: [Google]
CQkFpPIUkAAW2in.jpg
180KB, 986x1539px
I had been meaning to post some MMD videos with commentary in this thread, but I don't have time to do it today, so I'll just post a few more pictures.

This is a launch day commemoration picture from last year, depicting her welcome by the sister ships she would eventually serve alongside. Satsuki, Minazuki, Fumizuki, and Nagatsuki were deployed together as DesDiv 22, which spent most of its war service in transport operations. While the other three may not have been there for the launch ceremony, the picture is accurate enough, in the sense that Nagatsuki was the last of the four to launch.

By the way, this picture is actually quite uncanny, as that's very clearly Minazuki in the picture - but Minazuki's design didn't exist until ten months after this picture was drawn. So it's quite nice that it actually looks like her.
>>
>>15939317
Between one of the ships being quite new, none of the four having any real combat record to speak of, and awful stats across the board, there are not even two full pages of art for DesDiv 22. It doesn't help that comedy potential of the combination is somewhat hampered by an oversaturation of good girls.

Mutsuki-class trivia: Satsuki, Minazuki, Fumizuki, and Nagatsuki correspond neatly to the months of May, June, July, and... September. Kikuzuki is also September. There is no destroyer for August, but only because Hazuki got canceled along with the rest of the Akizuki-class destroyers, and then they just stopped there and named the rest of the destroyers after phases of the moon instead of lunar calendar months. What a class.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.