[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Behold, the company that killed the JPOP industry's hopes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 34753_original.jpg (45KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
34753_original.jpg
45KB, 600x389px
Behold, the company that killed the JPOP industry's hopes of expanding with their anal anti piracy stance.
>>
>muh right to pirate music

The jpop industry doesn't care if a few weebs can't illegally download music. Their concern is selling in Japan, maybe Korea and Taiwan, etc., unless exported elsewhere. Deal with it.
>>
Is jpop's popularity declining or are you just mad that you can't torrent music?
>>
>>15762146

It declined thanks to Johnny's entertainment.
>>
>>15760947
How exactly can they stop it? Denuvo on music CDs?
>>
>>15762860
>>15762146
Declining where? I always thought jpop was more of a national thing. I've never even seen someone who likes jpop outside of the internet.
>>
Speaking of piracy, how safe is torrenting in Japan? Do I need a VPN?
Also, what is the worst case scenario if I get caught?
>>
>>15763700
Dude you do not pirate in Japan. They will literally lock you up. They're nuts.
>>
>>15763727
I can't even watch music videos on Youtube or stream movies and anime?
>>
>>15760947
Can you explain in more detail? I used to be a fangirl of JE groups, but that was 10 years ago..
>>
>>15763733
Streaming might be okay. But no torrents.
>>
>Wah wah let me pirate copyrighted stuff for free
>Implying anyone is killing Jpop outside of cancer like OP believing that illegally downloading protected material is their god-given right
>>
>>15762860
>Founded June 1962

So, how much better was Jpop before that time?
>>
>>15763778
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>15763820
My stream of consciousness
>>
>>15763778
Why do retards believe in "intellectual property"? If you can't put it behind a fence to keep people away from it or lock it away in your house to keep people from taking it, it ain't property.
>>
>>15762876

Simple. By not playing ball. Johnny keeps their music files behind Jweb and keeping out of the physical market. This made the theives easy to trace in Japan. Gettig caught for piracy is a lifelong ban from all Johnny concerts and music.
>>
>>15763746

So Johnny led a massive crackdown on digital piracy in Japan and is basically the company responsible for JPOP's backward stance towards digital.

Even to this day, Johnny's boy bands aren't available digitally and still use archaic shit like fax.

They also fucking hate social media and ban all their members from having shit like instagram and facebook.
>>
>>15763889
>lock it away in your house
As in keep it there or put it there in the first place? If the former, are you saying that thieves that break into your house and steal something have not stolen your property?
>>
>>15765658
>keeping out of the physical market.
Seems like they're costing themselves more sales than they're saving then
>>
>>15766455
It's the Japanese corporate mindset. The possibility of hitting outside markets at the cost of even a slight loss of sales in Japan is just a nonstarter.

It's why a lot of anime and manga are pandering stupidly hard on otkau neets because trying to take any risks is viewed as insane.
>>
>>15766455

I mean Digital Market.
>>
>>15763889
>Unless it's physical, it can't be considered the fruit of one's labor and one's rightful property even though more work and expertise went behind it than my McJob

Figures we'd reach this pleb mentality, considering the general attitude of Op throughout this thread was that of a bitchy child throwing a fit because he isn't allowed by society to get commercial things for free just because they're "digital".
>>
>>15766504
CDs can be ripped you know
>>
>>15766598
>It's a pleb mentality to not fall for the scam of "we thought up this idea now we can ride it into the ground for 70 years because a guy we employed at the time signed away all his rights to us because in order to work at a corporation that's what you have to do"
>>
File: logo.png (35KB, 728x150px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
35KB, 728x150px
>>
>>15766598
>>15766685
I can't seem to tell whom are you two quoting.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.