[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With this Fate/Stay Night event, Mabinogi is now /jp/ relate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

File: Untitled.png (4MB, 1911x1139px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4MB, 1911x1139px
With this Fate/Stay Night event, Mabinogi is now /jp/ related again. Can we relive the old times, /jp/, even for a moment?

There's even a VN maker now so we can write lewd stories about the characters to share with each other.
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00IxG
>>
Take your thread to the dead /vg/ generals.
>>
I never played mabinogi, should I start? Is there a /jp/ group?
>>
>>15537020
There used to be. It's basically the first game /jp/ played together. Most of those people are probably gone though...

https://warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=Mabinogi&search_ord=old

https://warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=mabinogi&search_op=op&search_ord=old
>>
>>15537058
I see, well I'll download it and at worst I don't play it too much.
Is anyone still playing on the NA server or in the Japan server?
>>
>>15537099
I have no idea about the Japan server, but it's a moderately popular game in general. In NA, most people play on Alexina, and probably Mari after that. I play on Ruairi myself, but there's not much reason to play there if you want to be on a populous server.(and if you wanted to be on a dead one, you'd go to Tarlach)

You should note, it's not especially quest driven and is more of a sandbox type game. A lot of cute though and lots of cosplay options. Even has those night caps a lot of Touhou characters like Remi and Chen wear.
>>
>>15537117
Well, I don't even know what I want in an MMO anymore, I thought I wanted something new so I played Tera, RIFT, neverwinter, and a few others but I got tired after a while of people only caring about PvP so I though I wanted something more like questing or raiding like back when I played L2 or WotLK so I went to a private server with /vg/ which was a disaster of an experience since they were just spouting memes and only logged on when raids happening, leaving me pretty alone most of the time.
Maybe I want something more like this? I don't really know, it's been like 3 years since I've been trying out MMOs and going back to old ones and I can't stick to any of them.
In any case, I hope it's lots of fun!
>>
File: スパーリング.jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
スパーリング.jpg
48KB, 640x360px
The web radio was pretty good, especially guest episodes.

Sugita and Isocchi are such a great kombi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbAOn62ElFs
>>
I'm having a little trouble, the skill bar is stuck in the upper left corner and I can't move it at all, I can't click the blue thing that lets you move all the UI stuff.
But so far the game is pretty fun and the music is really nice.
>>
That's a weird crossover. I didn't even know Mabinogi was still a thing.

>>15537149
>WotLK
God I miss those days. Your own fault for expecting some quality from a server populated entirely by /vg/ guys, though.
>>
File: mabinogi_2016_07_15_001.jpg (100KB, 312x691px) Image search: [Google]
mabinogi_2016_07_15_001.jpg
100KB, 312x691px
They're not even trying, are they?
>>
>>15539357
When your bare hands deal 500-600 damage, raw stat on equipments are fairly minor. I've never once thought "wow I should spend literally hundreds of bucks so I improve my dps by 3%".
>>
>>15539357
Well technically it was used for about 5 seconds in the fate route
>>
>>15539303
>I can't click the blue thing that lets you move all the UI stuff.
The what? The skill bar is just where it is.
>>
>>15539559
Oh, I can't move it from up there? It's kind of an awkward position.
>>
>>15539571
Eh?

It's been a long time since I've played but I remember moving the skillbar around. Lemme download it and see what's wrong, though since I'll have to retrieve my password. There's also the matter of me hearing this game doesn't play well with windows 10, so I might not be able to log in even when I find my pass.
>>
>>15537058
All of those people are gone and on spinoffs.
>>
>>15539581
Not the guy you were talking to, just to make this clear
>>
>>15539392
The stats aren't the problem. It's that the item isn't even named right.
>>
File: mabinogi_2016_07_15_001.jpg (857KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mabinogi_2016_07_15_001.jpg
857KB, 1920x1080px
I mean this, the skill bar is up there and I can't move it.
>>
>>15541192
I'm pretty sure it's not movable, or at least I've never moved it in the 8 years I've played it.

But then I like where it is. Where else would it go?
>>
>>15541192
not movable.mabi is not very customization friendly.
>>
Any opinions on the servers? people say Tarlach is dead but it has the most warm people i have ever seen in a mmo, people also recommend Alexina but it is a server full of assholes.

Where is the pleasant people playing?
>>
>>15541644
Just play on Alexina if you want to be around people. The other servers don't matter. Ruairi's economy is still kinda weird though.
>>
>>15541696
For me, my problem with Alexina is that it is way too developed, veteran players tend to go around in their own groups ignoring the rest, if you happen to be a beginner you will either have to play alone or be carried by a veteran into a good level because you will rarely find beginner people like you, it will either be someone's alt or someone showing a lower talent than they really have.
>>
>>15541732
Alexina is the newest server in a game that's been out here since 2008. You'll just have to deal with playing with long term players. Even if you joined Ruairi and played with me, I'm still the same as you described. Alexina is the most likely place to find new players. I think Tarlach is at the top of the list nowadays so that might work too, but if anyone cares about FSN and not just Fate Zero, then there will probably be new people everywhere.

It's not like it really matters that much anyway. Even now, there's still another week of an event where you can rebirth every day. You can get carried right to total level 1k or so. Besides that, fighting isn't even the only aspect of the game.
>>
File: Vita Biting Hat.jpg (106KB, 582x617px) Image search: [Google]
Vita Biting Hat.jpg
106KB, 582x617px
Hotglue went to shit when we moved to Cosmic Break.
>>
i remember fapping to the mabinogi girl a bunch back in the day. thanks for reading.
>>
>>15544365
I don't remember if Cosmic Break or Aika came first, but Aika was the death. CB times were fun as heck.
>>
>>15544558
Aika was before CB and was fun as fuck. CB just wasn't a fun game for me and someone started inviting random non-Anons into the guild.
>>
I play this from time to time on the Japanese servers and It's kind of sad to see the developers constantly pandering to people who decide to play alone.
>>
>>15550143
How do you get people to want to play together in mmos without forcing them into normalfag-like socialization?
>>
>>15551586
make game content difficult to solo and reward teamplay
whoah
>>
>>15551654
That'll just make them quit if they can't do it, and won't fix anything if they can. Besides that I played Mabi at its hardest solo most of the time.

What kind of rewards could you give them without making them feel pressured and picked on for not grouping up? ToS does it the wrong way with the random party finder 600% exp thing.
>>
>>15551901
>That'll just make them quit if they can't do it, and won't fix anything if they can.
Honestly? Who cares about people who play MMOs alone?

And if you try that "solo players are a big economy" with me you yourself already know that you're wrong because the majority of people who spend a lot on games like these like to flaunt with what they bought.
>>
>>15551973
So you want to make a social game for whales? Basically a mobile game?
>>
>>15551996
So you want to make a social game for loners? Basically a mobile game?

It goes both ways with this shitty argument.
>>
>>15552043
I meant unsocial or solo or literally any other term than social, but the point still stands.

There is 0 reason why a game like an MMORPG should let people do close to 50% or more of the game alone. At this point the MMORPG term is bull and should be remade into MOMORPG, being Massive Optionally Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game
>>
>>15536951
To hell with Fateshit
>>
>>15552051
I like the term "Concurrently Singleplayer Online RPG"
>>
>>15552051
>>15552102
"Sometimes You Step Into A Party Online"
>>
>>15552051
>There is 0 reason why a game like an MMORPG should let people do close to 50% or more of the game alone.

It's called "freedom". Which is the main reason I like Mabi. You could do whatever you want. You could learn skills in several different ways. You can never fight at all if you want and still progress.

Forcing a bunch of people to have mandatory socialization is like Jap companies forcing its employes to go to drinking parties or Jap kids bullying other kids for not being in a club. There should be group content but make that shit group activities or how some SMs require a party. I mean hell, there's already even a banquet every Saturday you can go and get actual exp and a potential prize just for socializing.

But really, if people who play online games along in their rooms a lot really wanted to be social, they'd go out and socialize in real life.
>>
>>15552132
If you want to play single-player, then play a single-player game? You don't have to dedicate yourself to only play one game ever, you know.
>>
File: 2015-10-31_13-21-55.png (16KB, 758x111px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-31_13-21-55.png
16KB, 758x111px
>>15552132
IS THIS YOU
>>
File: qt.png (685KB, 394x700px) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
685KB, 394x700px
>>15552132
If this is your average /jp/ guildmember, then it's no mystery that /jp/ guilds in MMOs die out within days.

The game itself even wanted people to socialize heavily trough hard hitting dungeons, horrid success percentages of life skill crafting when not in a party of people who are also doing the same thing and the immense amount of garbage you have to haul just to make clothing/armor/weapons or tend to harvests and fishing. (economy and exchange 101)
And then there's the whole boss areas and traveling trough the moon-gates randomly nightly so if you'd go far into a place that wasn't on the daily moongate path or in the mornings you'd need more people to go with you to keep bears from mauling your ass.

But of course the somehow incredibly social game genre got overran by people like you who, like anime hating autists latch onto 4chan and complain about anime reaction images, you latch onto a social online game and hiss at the concept of playing with others.
>>
>>15552169
No, but that's /jp/, and if that's not you, you should kill yourself back to /vg/.

>>15552205
If you want to do it, do it. Don't force people to be unnaturally extroverted because you are an attention whore.

>But of course the somehow incredibly social game genre
MMOS were a social game genre in the same way 4chan used to be good.

>anime reaction images,
Oh, I'm arguing with a shitposter. Topic dropped.

>>15536951
I was hoping they'd let you dye the outfits, but they're fixed in color. It's sad Rin's clothes would look good in other colors and I can't be any of the other colored Sabers either.
>>
>>15552256
>Oh, I'm arguing with a shitposter. Topic dropped.
Oh please, great argument.
>>
>>15552256
>but that's /jp/
So you've literally never been in a /jp/ guild or a party with /jp/, great to know.
>>
Anyone on the Japanese servers want to play? I (think) I'm on Mari and I know I'm stuck about two missions before the finale boss of G1, would like to do it with someone else but all the people I used to play either flew over my levels majorly or stopped playing.

I'd also be okay with playing on the korean versions.
>>
>>15552615
Can't you just beat it solo due to level and power inflation nowadays?
>>
>>15555681
I'd need to level a lot of skills for that but I've been playing more life-skill wise.
>>
This thread makes me sad, I've been playing tree of savior recently and the game doesn't even have functional partying, but nobody seems to bat an eye because everyone is playing solo.

And I mean it literally hasn't worked for a month now, if you party and you get into a cutscene (aka every miniboss or boss or event), you have to log out and relog which means you can't progress trough bosses or content with other people.

But again, only two or three people have complained about it despite it affecting every player. I think MMOs aren't for me anymore.
>>
>>15555702
>the game doesn't even have functional partying
Works fine for me. What's wrong for you? I haven't had a problem rushing or doing dungeons normally with party finder.
>>
>>15555702
>And I mean it literally hasn't worked for a month now, if you party and you get into a cutscene (aka every miniboss or boss or event), you have to log out and relog
Oh and this has never happened to me. I've done quests with people. But I have seen someone trigger it for someone else. Supposedly if you're off screen it'll work fine.
>>
>>15555818
>>15555826
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/quest-with-member-in-a-party-dosent-work/307791
>>
>>15555829
Guess it only affects non NA players, from the way they write. Oh well. Come home to Mabi.
>>
Wow, mabinogi? Takes me back. I didnt play with JP but oh man, mabi was one of my first mmos that really showed me why they could be so great. I never played mabi for pve or gameplay reasons, even though those were iffily okay, I played becauss I met alot of people in mabinogi, people that I think somewhat changed my life in a way, since I was an angsty teenager those 7 years ago I played it.

It really did feel like my fantasy life, and logging onto mabinogi now made me irrevocably sad.

The world was empty, tir square had like, 3 people. Major cities like tallitean felt vacant.

I had no people to talk to, I joined a guild and they were pretty nice, I got along with and messed with rhem, but maybe if it is just nostalgia, I can honestly say my fucking around in mabi was probably a highlight of those years to me.

I hope that I find another MMO I can really get into like it, since they just arent doing it for me. They all feel so single player. I played BDO for a few months, got geared, but I cant say I had fun ourside of the pvp.

Any suggestions JP?
>>
>>15555860
>Major cities like tallitean felt vacant.

People have only ever gathered in Dunbarton and later Belvast since continent warp was added.
>>
>>15555913
Even guard camp was empty as shit.

The little circle for shadowmissions had like, 6 people
>>
Wow, It's been a long time since I saw last Mabi thread. This is the only mmo i have time for, but nexon killed abyss mod(which makes the client not crash every 5 seconds/lag like crazy on my toaster), playing right now is painful.
>>
>>15555920
What part of Dunbarton and Belvast did you misread? Although there's a bunch of events in various places right now.
>>
>>15536951
I wanna go full motorboat on Rin's fluffy titties!
>>
>>15556094
> there's a bunch of events in various places right now.
Its good time to come back if you don't want spend real money, there is currently Fresh New Look Event in progress, which let change your character appearance for free. Pets are easy to get nowadays too, you can buy dragons from other players for gold pretty cheaply if your Jew mastery is high enough.
>>
>>15556094
I didnt misread it. Even dunby felt thin, and there were few merchanr shops outside of it.

Id even appreciate seeing bots
>>
>>15536951
well fuck, time to come back
>>
The game isn't bad, until you hit the wall where you need reforges and enchants to progress your character.
At that point the spirit of p2w korean mmorpgs comes to light. Unfortunately today you get to that point pretty fast, therefore I suggest you to not waste your time with a game well past its prime. Shit, these days even pets, top tier gear and enchants come from gachapons.
>>
>>15558164
>where you need reforges and enchants to progress your char
What wall is that, once you've learned all the skills? You're already stronger than everything by the time you've learned 4 skillsets.
>>
>>15558164
>pets
this shit was the biggest mistake in the game
you just get like 5 pets and stunlock everything by just summoning them and unsummoning
>>
>>15558269
I remember killing golems by summoning pets over and over and having them hit it once and then recalling.
>>
>>15558164
1. Drop Black Dragon heart
2. Sell it for 50M
3. Buy reforges
>>
God damn it Rin is so good. Get this thread out of the catalog, it's distracting.
>>
File: 1206173543222.jpg (271KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1206173543222.jpg
271KB, 500x700px
>>15544397
Mabi has some pretty cute NPCs
>>
I played for like 6-7 years on Alexina, but haven't played in over a year. Going through slight withdrawals, should I get back in? Any recommended guilds that would be fun?
>>
mmos are dead and i've moved on to mobile games since there's no point in playing solo in a mmorpg
>>
>>15567463
There's no point in wasting money on micro-transactions in mobile kusoge either.
>>
>>15569362
rather be it a mobile kusoge than a mmo kusoge
>>
>>15569470
how does this make any sense
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.