[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Some vague information from today's (May 31) Nikenm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 31

>Some vague information from today's (May 31) Nikenme Radio livestream:

>Reisen's theme will be arranged by Beat Mario (apparently Beat Mario actually announced this in his own stream last week?).

>(BTW, Beat Mario and Amane recently got married. I thought they were already married for years!)

>Uni Akiyama and ZUN said what they are doing for the PS4 version is far more than simply adding one character or one scenario. It requires them to add lots of new music.

>ZUN has "cramped everything he wanted to do" into Reisen's scenario. He has taken great effort to write it.

>The result "should not be an ordinary game. It may offend everyone. It may even offend Sony."

>Reisen's scenario contains scenes impossible to do in their current engine, requiring additional programming work.

>There is no way Reisen can stay the same after going through what happened in LoLK.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19341.msg1261498.html#msg1261498

Just what is ZUN planning?
>>
>>15332021
>It may offend everyone. It may even offend Sony

Gas the Lunarians, Rabbit war now?
>>
>>15332043
Why do people hate moonies that much?
>>
>>15332021
>It requires them to add lots of new music.
Hopefully it's just Uni and ZUN because the queers in the arrange disc couldn't arrange music for shit.
>>
Is any of this coming to PC?
>>
>>15332087
No because #4theplaers
FUCK SONY
They are the foul goul that makes everything rot they touch.
>>
>>15332021
Boy I sure love THE doujin game and guy to sell out to the worst company invoved with videogames. Fuck you ZUN and the bloody money on your hands. I hope you like making call of touhou and shoke on dirty beer.
>>
>>15332043
Touhou 15.8: Great Rabbit Wars confirmed.
>>
>>15332120
>to the worst company invoved with videogames
Would you rather it was region locked and censored to shit?
>>
>>15332111
I still want to believe in something good happening because what the fuck, a mainline 2hu game stuck forever in the PS4 would be too much of a bad end.
>>
>It requires them to add lots of new music.

THIS. I'm waiting for this. I love their arrranges a lot
>>
>>15332120
>>15332142
Keep your console war shit on /v/. These companies do not need you defending their honor.
>>
>>15332021
I really like this Reisen OP.
>>
>>15332021
>Beat Mario and Amane recently got married.
i thought you meant amane from rolling contact and got very confused. i guess there's an amane with cool&create as well.
>>
>>15332120
>call of touhou
I'd play it.
>>
>>15332120
Nintendo is the worst.
To be fair modern gaming as a whole is shit.

Thank fuck I have a backlog.
>>
File: 1437665101612.jpg (201KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
1437665101612.jpg
201KB, 618x800px
>mfw it won't come out for PC
I couldn't care less about the stupid bunny, the simple thought of ZUN doing something like this is just heartbreaking.
>>
>Reisen's scenario contains scenes impossible to do in their current engine, requiring additional programming work.

>There is no way Reisen can stay the same after going through what happened in LoLK.

Gothic murder bunny incoming.
Or it's just a load of gas.
>>
>>15332145
>>15332111
Bare in mind:
Street Fighter 5.
Sony made that game possible. You can argue that the game came out with little content, but the point I'm putting forward is that sony allowed them to release it to PC through steam.

This can also be taken as a double edge, because it means that the touhou game could end up on PC, but only through steam.
Actually, I'm quite sure that steam allows devs and pubs to sell their good elsewhere, but so long as it isn't cheaper than it is on steam.

Either way, people wont like it simply because it's being made un-underground.
I wont care until the overpriced DLC packs come rolling in.
>>
>>15332120
Sony aren't the worst. They're no saints, but they aren't the worst.

And
>Call of Touhou
I would play it.
I would play a Valkyria Chronicles that plays like Gears of War too, grunting and musk and all.
I would play Assassins Creed if they replaced the entire cast with Neptunia characters. All the dialogue the same, all the story and plot in tack, just all the characters are anime womens unblinkingly talking in silly posh voices.

I'm the kind of scum that's ok with sellouts...
>>
Fuck's sake people, I posted this to talk about the ZUN's statements, not to hear your console war autism.
>>
>>15332111
>>15332511
Was this actually confirmed, or is it just the usual /jp/ overreaction? It seems strange that an actual plot-relevant thing wouldn't be released for the PC version, even with Tasofro's bad influence.
>>
>>15332021
>far more than simply adding one character or one scenario. It requires them to add lots of new music.
Don't make me expect 1-2 more characters, you bastards.

But if you do, add one or both of these two. Amanojaku please
>>
>>15332645
/jp/ said ISC would come out on Steam because it had "achievements"

so, usual overreaction
>>
>>15332694
Yeah, I figured. It seems unbelievable to me that ZUN would withhold content from fans who bought the game. Perhaps the patch for the PC version will be delayed, perhaps even for a long time, but it doesn't really matter as long as we get it eventually.

Also,
>scenes impossible to do in their current engine, requiring additional programming work
They have to re-write everything for PS4 anyway, so doesn't this imply that they're adding things to the PC engine as well?
>>
>>15333281
That's what it sounds like to me.
>>
>The result "should not be an ordinary game. It may offend everyone. It may even offend Sony."
Does it delete all your data if you lose?
>>
>>15333524
It probably means that the gameplay/cutscene ratio is higher than 1/2
>>
>>15333281
Yeah I seriously doubt ZUN would agree without some assurance that this stuff would make its way to PC. I find it hard to believe he would screw his player base like that.

If anyone fucks that up it'll be Tasofro.
>>
>>15333524
>Offend everyone
This makes me think that it's some kind of massive character personality shift or character deaths.
>May even offend Sony
This makes me think that it's nothing but an eye catcher. What could possibly offend Sony in particular?

I can't see anything really outlandish or straight up weird coming out of touhou, at least not on the level that it would put people off. Cutscene super moves are a waste of time and space in my opinion, but I wouldn't categorize them as generally off putting. That said, it's possible. Outright violence is the most I expect, though.

>Should not be an ordinary game.
I'm not buying into this.
>>
>>15333748
>What could possibly offend Sony in particular?
Maybe its all one big ruse for him putting out an intentionally extremely shitty game that sells poorly and makes fun of big corporations with some really autistic "go doujin" message.
>>
Did zun sell out finally?
>>
File: 14205398460126.png (58KB, 240x249px) Image search: [Google]
14205398460126.png
58KB, 240x249px
>>15333805
Yeah, I just bought the whole Touhou Project.

I'm gonna start making 3-4 games right away, I hope you will like 'em.
>>
>>15333805
About a year and a half ago, yes.
>>
>>15333829
Which will be the playable characters?
>>
jesus fucking

DROP THE FUCKING RABBITS ALREADY
>>
>>15333876
The bizarre Marisa that people from /55/ love of course.
>>
File: 54788769_p0.jpg (491KB, 1125x1425px) Image search: [Google]
54788769_p0.jpg
491KB, 1125x1425px
Fuck the rabbits?
>>
File: 1462909042203.png (125KB, 726x641px) Image search: [Google]
1462909042203.png
125KB, 726x641px
>Completely new engine
I-it can all be added in a patch, right guys?
>>
>>15332021
>It may offend everyone. It may even offend Sony.
Remember when Kojima said the same thing about his game being super offensive? But then you couldn't even kill children?
>>
>>15333748
What if it's just canon lewd things? That would make Sony pretty miffed.
>>
>>15333781
That does actually hold water. That is until, you realize, it probably wont sell poorly because people gladly eat shit all the time. Look at any bethesda game after morrowind.

>>15333964
Would it? I know that some players probably wouldn't be too fond of it, but why would Sony care?
>>
>>15333900
I would make her unable to speak.
>>
>>15333964
Sony doesn't give a fuck about lewds
>>
Didn't ZUN say something similar about Forbidden Scrollery? The 'controversial' bit turned out to be the newpapers vs social media stuff.
>>
>>15333805
I wouldn't blame him if he were bored of the series, tired of dealing with the now huge community or just running low on ideas and eager to cash out. He probably wants to spend more time with his wife and child.
>>
>>15334062
Yeah, ZUN has the same concept of controversial as my grandma
>>
>>15334062
The japanese do tred carefully, metaphorically speaking, so you may be onto something. Still, though, it sounds like a bit of a bigger deal.
>Should not be an ordinary game
>may offend everyone
>even offend Sony

>>15334063
inb4 the who offensive thing is:
>This is the last TouHou game
>>
>>15334081
Will Reisen get raped?
>>
>>15332111
what, best be trolling.
What happened with ZUN's I DON'T MAKE GAMES FOR PROFIT DOUJIN SPIRIT?

Did he finally become a businessman (kike)
>>
>>15334135
ZUN was young when he started Touhou. Growing up he can't keep the same resolve as he was young.

He's not much of man for not doing that, but it's understandable for him to sell Touhou out. Now he can get lots of money, make sure his kid goes to college, and when Touhou dead and his kid is gone in the future he can make something new that won't be as popular as Touhou, but be something people like.

2hu fans prepare to suicide watch as it milked dry.
>>
I don't care as long as he does not do some edgy grimdark stuff.
>>
File: reisen scared.png (403KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
reisen scared.png
403KB, 720x720px
I'm scared guys.
>>
This is just typical ZUN-speak guys. Expect nothing that controversial let alone stuff that has been mentioned in this thread.

The most I can wager for Reisen is for her to renounce her Moon ties completely.

For something actually surprising regarding her would be if we found out her ears actually were fakes as has been rumored or joked about for years or that she isn't really a Moon rabbit. Remember the mistake in her LoLK demo profile where she was called Human? But again, no, I wouldn't expect ZUN to go even that far.
>>
>>15333524
Sony allowed that with Nier so no, don't think so.
>>
File: img000017.png (807KB, 975x1440px) Image search: [Google]
img000017.png
807KB, 975x1440px
>>15334335
>The most I can wager for Reisen is for her to renounce her Moon ties completely.
already done
>>
File: 1412106589574.png (736KB, 970x888px) Image search: [Google]
1412106589574.png
736KB, 970x888px
>>15334145
>>
>>15334382
I forgot about that. I thought she only shit talked the Lunarians in that page. I also remember her having lingering attachment for the Moon in LoLK.
>>
>>15334382
Reisen: The trans-species Touhou.
>>
>>15334477
I believe you remembered wrong then, because she pretty much states shes a earth rabbit there too, and also complained about the way authorities run things, she didn't blame Seiran or Ringo and said shes not against them specifically, but thats because of what she said here >>15334382
>>
>>15334492
in all ways but physical, I am an earth rabbit

>>15334477
She just thinks to herself how she'll never be able to tele-link to moon rabbits again, though we don't see how she feels about that. She has more negative words for the moon, really. She's respectful to Sagume, for instance, but also criticizes her (and lunarians') habit of using underhanded sneaky tactics
>>
>>15333934
This a billion times
>>
"Offend Sony" probably means a thinly veiled critique of their "we love indies" stunt a while back.
>>
>>15334568
I was thinking that, but it's supposed to be offending 'everyone- and even sony', and I wouldn't be offended if they straight up laughed at sony.

You know what, I bet it's something like >>15334062 and we've all fallen into the trap of talking about it as if it's a big thing.
>>
>>15334091
what good is a phone call >>15334049
>>
What happened in LoLK?
>>
File: 1456059740672.jpg (465KB, 1280x847px) Image search: [Google]
1456059740672.jpg
465KB, 1280x847px
>>15335213
Marisa died
>>
File: 0013.jpg (732KB, 996x1441px) Image search: [Google]
0013.jpg
732KB, 996x1441px
>>15335213
She met other moon rabbits for the first time in years. Then Reisen stated that she's now an earth rabbit, not a moon rabbit anymore. Before LoLK, she was fully disguising herself when she was going to the human village and after LoLK, she's not hiding her ears anymore. >>15334382
>>
>>15335283
Except she's still hiding herself you idiot. Did you miss the page where she got upset at Marisa pointing out that she's not human?
>>
>>15335312
She's more upset about being called a moon rabbit. Also, plenty of youkai already go in the human village and they don't bat an eye most of the time.
>>
>>15335213
The most important changes.

1. Reimu doesn't take the elixir, faces Junko, loses.
2. Ringo has moved to earth (and likely Seiran as well)
3. Reimu tried again, beat the shit out of Clownpiece. Clownpiece is currently living under the shrine (literally) because of something that happened in Hell.
4. Marisa also gave it a shot and failed. Reisen decides to go, though she doesn't want to.
5. After Marisa's adventure is over, she looked at the Lunar Orb in her house from ULiL. Yukari wanted to see it (she didn't) then they talked about stuff. Yukari hints that Gensoukyou changing wouldn't be a bad thing. Yukari leaves.
6. Sanae does nothing important.
7. Reisen eventually triumphs over Junko with Sagume's blessing. Says she's no longer a moon rabbit, but an earth rabbit. Meets her rabbit buddies and harbors no ill will. Eventually, at Junko/Hecatia's request, takes the two in so they can meet Eirin.

Added bonus, in Forbidden Scrollery post-LoLK Reisen is significantly more comfortable. When we first saw her, she looked like pic related in the human village. The villagers KNOW the medicine sellers are youkai rabbits and don't care, but she hides anyway. Post-LoLK she lets her hair down and her ears are visible even with her hat on. She's proud to declare her earth rabbit-ness.
>>
>>15335344
Marisa calls her a "youkai rabbit" which means nothing more than "earth rabbit" to anyone in Gensokyo.
>>
>>15335390
>Reimu doesn't take the elixir, faces Junko, loses.

I thought Ray moo did not lose.
>>
>>15335492
It's canon (in most cases) that the heroines try multiple times to resolve incidents, which explains why some things that only happen in bad endings are referenced as canon.

The most simple indication of this for LoLK is that Marisa's bad ending forces Reisen to go to resolve the incident.
>>
>>15335390
>Clownpiece is currently living under the shrine (literally) because of something that happened in Hell.
Where was this revealed?
>>
>>15335614
In the New Fairy Trio manga, She is there corrupting the Pure Trio with her pranks.

>Making humans kill each other
>Just a prank bro!

But damn is she beautiful.
>>
>>15335614
Three fairies manga
>>
>>15335390
>1. Reimu doesn't take the elixir, faces Junko, loses.
>2. Ringo has moved to earth (and likely Seiran as well)
You can't take that bad ending as something that happened until it's referenced.
>because of something that happened in Hell.
Are you an autist? She's pretty damn obviously talking about being beat up by the protagonist and seeing what the world outside of Hell was like.
>4. Marisa also gave it a shot and failed. Reisen decides to go, though she doesn't want to.
Again, until it's referenced, you cannot just take it as canon just like that.
>The villagers KNOW the medicine sellers are youkai rabbits and don't care
No they don't, stop pulling shit out of your ass.
>Post-LoLK [...] her ears are visible even with her hat on.
Outside of the scene where she's alone with Marisa, they aren't.
>>
>>15335629
>>The villagers KNOW the medicine sellers are youkai rabbits and don't care
>No they don't, stop pulling shit out of your ass.
Actually anon...http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Eirin_Yagokoro

That other guy isn't wrong
>>
File: 021.png (749KB, 1164x1646px) Image search: [Google]
021.png
749KB, 1164x1646px
>>15335629
>Are you an autist?
?

Okay hold on I have a few things for your enraged and inflamed ass.

1) Clownpiece is very clear about being beat up by Reimu, but she considers her a "friend" and chose to live at the shrine. Pic related is her reason for not being in hell.

Now wait while I get other pages.
>>
File: 0018.jpg (614KB, 996x1441px) Image search: [Google]
0018.jpg
614KB, 996x1441px
>>15335629
>No they don't, stop pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
File: img000015.png (857KB, 978x1440px) Image search: [Google]
img000015.png
857KB, 978x1440px
>>15335629
>>Post-LoLK [...] her ears are visible even with her hat on.
>Outside of the scene where she's alone with Marisa, they aren't.

In regards to the "is it canon or not" stuff, I'm basing what I'm saying on ZUN's proven track record of taking canon from other events. For that matter, why would I NOT believe Marisa's ending is canon when what happens in it is largely unrelated to the LoLK story? It's about ULiL. The Lunar Orb she GOT in ULiL interests Yukari briefly. Hoo boy, that would SHATTER canon.

The other thing, Ringo moving in, is not only based on Reimu's "bad" ending but also her statements in basically all scenarios, where she says "I like Earth", "wish I was born on Earth", and "I'm staying on Earth from now on". Ringo wants to live on Earth.

So basically, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>15335671
If they didn't care, she wouldn't need to disguise herself. Just like how Yuuka and Suika don't. But they do care. So she disguises herself. Just like Aya and Mamizou do.

>>15335681
Have you read it, you fucking retard? It says literally nothing about what happened having anything to do with Hell. Meanwhile, we do know Clownpiece found the places outside of Hell (namely, the Moon) to be better than Hell was. It's in the games. Go play them, you might learn something new too.

>>15335687
Oh wow, it's like she's alone with Marisa who already knows her secret therefore she doesn't need to hide herself which she does when she's with strangers or something.

So you ARE an autist.

>>15335702
>b-b-but i WANT my epic headcanon to be canon!
Yeah, go fuck yourself too you disgusting secondary.
>>
>>15335780
You're full of shit so why exactly should I care about what you're saying?

I provided you the pages and gave my reasons, so keep on being a crazy person.
>>
>>15335780
>If they didn't care, she wouldn't need to disguise herself
you should just admit you're wrong instead of trying to cover your tracks, for fucksake there could be multiple reasons as to why she does it, maybe she doesn't want any chances of being treated unequally, maybe she doesn't want to get looks from children, they don't care who they're getting the medicine from its true. If they did Eientei wouldn't be getting business, you're literally refuting canon at this point, if they really needed to disguise themselves it wouldn't be in Hieda's book.
>>
>>15335780
>If they didn't care, she wouldn't need to disguise herself.
She literally doesn't need to. She's just autistic about it because she's Reisen (i.e. not entirely an earth rabbit, even if she proclaims it). The girl needs time to get used to it, and she's doing it in small increments.
>>
Obviously Reisen is getting a cute boyfriend.
>>

Calling it now. This earth-shattering controversy is just going to be a 2hu swapping out her hair accessory for a new one.
>>
>>15335390
>6. Sanae does nothing important.
God damn it.
>>
>>15336306
It's weird but true.

You learn in one of her endings that the ultramarine elixir reduces humans to their pure human state/can pretty much kill gods. Nothing special actually HAPPENS, you just get that information.
>>
>>15336200
I'll prepare my angry letter in advance then.
>>
>>15336313
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get some after-the-fact ass covering like we did with HM. So it's fine!
Damn it.
>>
File: 1461684876463.png (179KB, 463x410px) Image search: [Google]
1461684876463.png
179KB, 463x410px
>>15335390
>Reimu doesn't take the elixir, faces Junko, loses.
>Marisa also gave it a shot and failed. Reisen decides to go, though she doesn't want to.
I'm not too sure if the bad endings are canon, it's kinda implied that they went through it no-miss the first time.
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Strange_Creators_of_Outer_World/Legacy_of_Lunatic_Kingdom_interview_with_ZUN

>Reimu tried again, beat the shit out of Clownpiece. Clownpiece is currently living under the shrine (literally) because of something that happened in Hell.
Again, implied that the fight was no-miss, which then scared the crap out of Clownpiece. She also just didn't want to go back to Hell and used the shrine as shelter. She's probably living with the fairies now.

Everything else seems correct.
>>
File: supersanae.png (1MB, 1050x1265px) Image search: [Google]
supersanae.png
1MB, 1050x1265px
>>15336306
>>15336313
So if Sanae were cleansed of impurities and became a "pure human" would she simply become like the Lunarians or a Celestial or something?

And importance be damned, her other ending with the incident report is great.
>>
File: hehe.jpg (27KB, 211x176px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.jpg
27KB, 211x176px
>>15335967
A big alpha rabbit jack-hammering her at spring.
>>
>>15335213
To give a better answer:
Ringo wants to chill on Earth.
Sagume says something about the spiders and the troops on Earth, I forgot what so someone can correct me on this.
Team takes care of Clownpiece, Junko, and Hecatia.
Tewi plans to do something with the Lunarians, not sure what though.
Sanae does the same thing from Th13.
Yukari pops in and discuss things about Marisa's orb.
Reisen learns about the Junko-Chang'e fiasco.
Junko and Hecatia may pop up sooner or later.
Clownpiece has recently joined the Three Fairies in their usual activities.
>>
>>15336842
I wanna mate press Yuuka
>>
File: mima_=3_edit.png (8KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
mima_=3_edit.png
8KB, 128x128px
>>15336906
Only on summer you may have the chance to impress her. hopefully she is not already taken by another anon by then.
>>
>>15336955
Hello wizard Yuuka!!!
>>
File: 1449842471937.png (1MB, 1050x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1449842471937.png
1MB, 1050x1800px
>>15332021
>Like OP image so much.
>Take the time to make it transparent.
>Only after all that work I realize that the ear is clipped.
Fucking hell, what a waste.
Well here it is if anyone wants it.
>>
>>15336997
Looks pretty good. But we can always wait for a skilled artist to edit in that ear part.
>>
>>15336997
Thanks.
>>
File: 1456355088263.png (1MB, 888x1825px) Image search: [Google]
1456355088263.png
1MB, 888x1825px
>>15337014
I'm no skilled artist, but here's my attempt.
It should be good enough as long as you don't pay too much attention to it.
>>
>>15337175
Neat!
>>
File: 1453746833548.png (1MB, 888x1825px) Image search: [Google]
1453746833548.png
1MB, 888x1825px
>>15336997
>>15337175
Oh and these were made with 100% free software btw.
>>
File: cc5fb75215e1d0ba3245ee35c69e5191.png (915KB, 1023x724px) Image search: [Google]
cc5fb75215e1d0ba3245ee35c69e5191.png
915KB, 1023x724px
>>15336623
>I'm not too sure if the bad endings are canon, it's kinda implied that they went through it no-miss the first time.
Kind of. It's vague. I know that using the elixir is definitely not canon, at least. Then again.
>Well, since it's Marisa's ending, it's not really clear if that's canon or not.

And as for Ringo that, again, is something implied not only in an ending.

>Again, implied that the fight was no-miss, which then scared the crap out of Clownpiece. She also just didn't want to go back to Hell and used the shrine as shelter.
I didn't think it had to do with Reimu at all. She is open about Reimu but cagey about "what happened in Hell". She doesn't talk about "what happened on the moon" or anything. It makes it sound like she had a falling out with Hecatia or something. Probably something stupid, because she's a fairy.

She is indeed if not living with, working with the fairies by the end of chapter 2 of VFiS.

>>15336876
>Tewi plans to do something with the Lunarians, not sure what though.
I forgot about this, though since it's Tewi I didn't think it mattered much (Reimu also thinks to herself that it's probably nothing major -- then again, it's Reimu, who never likes to be concerned/also thought the result was amusing and was tired of moon bitches anyway). Tewi wants to "do business" with Lunarians, and for that she asks Reimu what their weaknesses are. On that note, in that ending Eirin basically apologizes/feels guilty about not explaining the real mission, and says she thinks if she'd been honest Reimu and the others would've probably helped anyway.

>Sagume says something about the spiders and the troops on Earth, I forgot what so someone can correct me on this.
Not sure what you mean but in most routes (and the omake) she (it) explains that the project was pretty much a total farce. She half-assedly sent the troops and such to Gensoukyou under the orders "we're making some space for a summer home (lie)" and the probes were made since they're invisible to youkai, and she didn't want to start any conflict. It was a backup plan if she couldn't figure out something else to deal with Junko. The invasion doesn't stop after the endings, but after Sagume comes to earth in the extra and asks the heroines to deal with the hidden enemy, Hecatia.

If you want some hardcore speculation, since Sagume knows about and has no problem wandering Gensoukyou (her plan to move there was sparked by her making the Lunar Orb and starting the events of ULiL, the idea being that the Lunar Capital would eventually materialize in Gensoukyou as a "rumor"/"urban legend" (she started one that NASA had a secret base on the moon) -- this is why the land would have to be purified) you might think that her knowledge of the fallen Lunarians (Eirin and Kaguya) and the fallen Moon Rabbit (Reisen) means she was deliberately provoking the impure residents of Gensoukyou (the only people who could stop Junko, and the only people who could see the probes) in order to get them to save the Lunar Capital for the Lunarians, because the horribly pure fairies and Junko were things they couldn't even come close to dealing with. That's speculation, but it kind of falls in line with some of the few things she says (especially in Reisen's scenario) and how Lunarians like to be tricky, especially Sagume who in most cases should not talk.

Note how Sagume doesn't give the SLIGHTEST fuck about Eirin and Kaguya even though they're fugitives. Reisen too, who is a deserter.

Phew. Words.
>>
>>15336997
The shadow is also clipped.

Nice work, though.
>>
>>15336752
No, she would just be human. Like, a regular human instead of the human/god hybrid she currently is.
>>
>>15337387
>She is open about Reimu but cagey about "what happened in Hell".
She never EVER says that anything happened in Hell you goddamn fucking retard. She literally just says "things happened". Where? The Moon? In Hell? With your mom? We don't know because she doesn't specify. The only information we have regarding this "things happened" thing is that she's a crucial part of the LoLK incident. The same incident in which she explicitly went "well gosh and golly gee, the world outside of hell sure is rather neato" and then got beat up by at least one person.

Holy shit, for someone that loves to talk about canon, you sure love your headcanons a lot. Fucking secondary.
>>
>>15338728
>She never EVER says that anything happened in Hell
>>15335681
page related
>>
>>15338728
If the stuff was unrelated to Hell why would she say she doesn't want to go back to Hell?

And for a "secondary" that anon seems to be bringing up a lot of stuff from official works and games, while you're speculating very hard over here.
>>
>>15338728
I'm pretty sure it's safe to infer that things occured in Hell, which is why she's hesitant in returning there and would rather stay on the surface.

You don't need to act so hostile, especially when the dude isn't even being a jerk or pushing his beliefs onto others. Take a chill pill, you're just looking like an ass.
>>
>>15338780
Why is there nearly always someone being super angry and acting like an asshole while trying to prove people wrong when they're usually right?
I'm starting to believe it's the same guy doing it as it's always the same tone and writing style in those text.
>>
>>15337387
>Note how Sagume doesn't give the SLIGHTEST fuck about Eirin and Kaguya even though they're fugitives. Reisen too, who is a deserter.
maybe her associate myth is real and she is a sort of "fallen" lunarian herself
>>
>>15338821
I do wonder WHY it's only Sagume who's acting while the rest of the Lunarians are caught in a dream.

Kinda figured it maybe had to do with her divinity or something but really, who knows?
>>
>>15338809
I have no idea, but there are a lot of weirdos I recognize from thread to thread, such as the angry poster in here, the yuri hater, and that weird guy who randomly keeps promoting RinnosukexSakuya, even when it's not even relevant. Best we can do is either shut them down or ignore them.
>>
File: ZUN haunts ZUN.gif (179KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ZUN haunts ZUN.gif
179KB, 640x480px
>>15336623
>It's almost like that should be the opening, right (laugh). Well, since it's Marisa's ending, it's not really clear if that's canon or not.

The fucker knows. He's messing with us on purpose.
>>
>>15338744
Yeah that's a fantastically drawn page and whatnot, now show me where Clownpiece says stuff happened /in Hell/, you stupid clown.

>>15338759
>If the stuff was unrelated to Hell why would she say she doesn't want to go back to Hell?
Does it HAVE to be related? Koishi likes to go to the upper world for reasons entirely unrelated to the underground.
>that anon seems to be bringing up a lot of stuff from official works and games
Now this is just fucking hilarious. You show me where does Clownpiece say stuff happened in Hell. Come on. Show me. I'm waiting.

And to be fair, I'm going to show you what I'm basing on for my hypothesis. It's in the games, like you want!
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Legacy_of_Lunatic_Kingdom/Story/Reimu's_Scenario
>Clownpiece: The surface moon is the outer side of the Lunar Capital. It's way more comfortable than hell!
>Reimu: Well, yeah. Compared to hell, just about anywhere would be paradise.
So should we go with the hypothesis that says "she discovered that Hell is actually Hell and places outside of it are better and so she left" or with the one that says "some undescribed, unreferenced event happened in Hell that affected Clownpiece in some undescribed, unreferenced way so much that only NOW she decided to leave even though she could have done so at any other point of her infinite life, with this specific point in time having nothing special attached to it other than Clownpiece having discovered that Hell sucks in comparison to other places"? Occam's razor.

>>15338780
>it's safe to infer that things occured in Hell
Why? What are you basing this on? What some fucking idiot on /jp/ said, even after proving himself wrong twice? Is this what passes for a primary these days?
>or pushing his beliefs onto others.
Oh, I see. You must have been in the bathroom since you obviously missed the part where someone wanted clarification on what happened in LoLK and then the moron just dumped a giant shit (aka headcanon) on him and pretended that it was all stuff that happened even though we don't actually know if the majority of that did. You should stay out of conversations when you don't know what you're talking about.

>>15338809
I know you're in deep love with your headcanon, but this isn't the headcanon safespace thread. If your shit is wrong, I'll point it out as such.
>>
>>15339373
>So should we go with the hypothesis that says "she discovered that Hell is actually Hell and places outside of it are better and so she left" or with the one that says "some undescribed, unreferenced event happened in Hell that affected Clownpiece in some undescribed, unreferenced way so much that only NOW she decided to leave even though she could have done so at any other point of her infinite life, with this specific point in time having nothing special attached to it other than Clownpiece having discovered that Hell sucks in comparison to other places"? Occam's razor.
You know, someone could make the argument that her realizing just how much hell sucks when she got back made her not want to stay, and then bam things still happened in hell.

I don't see why this is a big deal to you though, this is one of those things where until you get a answer you can interpret it anyway you like. You don't know the answer and they don't either.
>>
>>15339473
Don't even bother with him, he does this shit all the time in different thread. He starts to shit talk, says you're wrong and calls you a secondary.
He does this to start an argument for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>15339473
>and then bam things still happened in hell.
But we don't know that and there's not even the slightest implication anywhere that that might be the case. Might as well assume that Sakuya wears pads. I mean, I don't see anywhere saying she doesn't, so...

>this is one of those things where until you get a answer you can interpret it anyway you like.
You know, I'd think there'd be a difference between using all the available information to reach a logical conclusion and pulling shit out of one's ass and claiming it's canon, but what do I know, right?

>>15339541
I'm sorry I like discussing proper canon rather than bothering with your circlejerk character threads and ebin fanon pieces, I really am. I'm not.
>>
File: baka.jpg (10KB, 153x176px) Image search: [Google]
baka.jpg
10KB, 153x176px
ITT
>>
>>15339995
Your conclusion isn't any better than theirs, also Sakuya pads aren't nearly the same situation.

Like I said, theres only one thing we know and its that something caused her to not want to return, what it is nobody knows.

Your conclusion isn't anymore canon than theirs
>>
File: 32.jpg (176KB, 728x1031px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
176KB, 728x1031px
>>15338780
The only way we can infer something happened in Hell if she went from the Moon to Hell and then to Earth, but we don't have that info. Other than that the reason for her being on Earth is its "way more comfortable than hell", not something happened in Hell. Nowhere does it say anything happened in Hell, that "something happened and I don't want to go back to Hell" is just her saying she was in the incident.

This argument would make more sense if something DID happen in Hell.
Can we please leave Hell and Clownpiece alone?
>>
>>15335529
>>15335390
Actually >>15335492 is correct, from the latest interview with ZUN, it's one of the few times he's specifically stated a route as the canon instead of everything being possible.

>Doing a no-miss clear on Legacy Mode is what's canon (laugh). Because the "Ultramarine Orb Medicine" doesn't appear in the story when you do a no-miss clear. It didn't matter whether you used it or not. And, the endings where you do get hit have a better explanation of the medicine.
>>
File: 1464987703848.png (95KB, 399x518px) Image search: [Google]
1464987703848.png
95KB, 399x518px
>>
>>15332021
>Beat Mario doing Reisen's theme
Who wants to bet it will almost immediately end up in SDVX?
>>
>>15340232
I feel like that doesn't exactly refute the possibility of miss ending also being canon (just before the absolute of actually winning with no misses) if only because of Marisa's miss ending, which gives Reisen direct motivation to act (and Reisen's scenario seems to be the most canon)

It doesn't really matter though since the miss endings typically don't do anything, just Reimu's that makes good on Ringo's repeated claims.
>>
>>15340008
That's all true. I think we got sidetracked here, the argument started because the idiot was saying that Clownpiece said that "something happened in Hell" and failed to prove it when I pointed out that shit didn't happen.

But I think we've gone on long enough, so I'm not going to press the issue further. As long as he doesn't bring it up again.

>>15340321
Reisen would have reason to act even without Marisa's bad ending happening. She's Eirin's student, assistant and errand girl, remember?
>>
>>15340447
>Reisen would have reason to act even without Marisa's bad ending happening. She's Eirin's student, assistant and errand girl, remember?
In Marisa's ending she explains she explicitly didn't want to do anything, though.

Furthermore Eirin asked the humans first. Presumably because they're humans. If Reisen hadn't actually become impure, she would in fact have been the worst choice to go to the capital, being a Moon Rabbit.
>>
>>15340321
On the other hand I kind of love Sanae's Good Ending in that it actually refutes itself by just straight up saying Sanae lied about the final stretch of her story.
>>
>>15339373
For the record I agree with this poster. Argument style aside, there's nothing to support some incident happening *in* hell that forced Clownpiece to leave, instead of Clownpiece simply not wanting to return to hell because the LoLK incident made her realize how much it sucked. At the same time she couldn't stay on the moon so her only option was Hell or Gensokyo, so she chose Gensokyo. This is what I took that page in the manga to mean - simply a reference to LoLK, not some unexplained incident elsewhere. He called Occam's razor on this and I agree with that. Unless there's something explicitly referring to an incident in Hell, the reasonable explanation is that she was simply referring to LoLK for "some things happened".
>>
>>15341699
Sounds like overthinking something that really doesn't matter, extrapolating too much from a very simple statement.
>>
>>15341699
Whatever the reason, Clappy is officially a stupid nerd who ran away from home. I'm fully expecting VFiS to end with Hecatia coming to pick her up and apologising for the trouble.
>>
>>15343861
>I'm fully expecting VFiS to end with Hecatia coming to pick her up and apologising for the trouble.

Honestly, I think that Hecatia doesn't even know Clownpiece. She never refers to her even in passing during the game dialogues. If Clownpiece was an important second-in-command to Hecatia, then you would expect her to be the Extra midboss, but Doremy takes that role.

From what I can tell, Clownpiece is, to Hecatia, nothing more than a random fairy under her and she would have no idea who she actually is, much like how Eirin commands all the earth rabbits of Eientei but doesn't actually know them personally (besides Tewi).

This would explain why she was able to leave hell so easily: Hecatia wouldn't give a shit about a random subordinate leaving. Clownpiece doesn't even mention Hecatia in VFiS.
>>
>>15344031
Clownpiece was personally purified by Junko, who is at least Hecatia's friend. I can't imagine Junko would go as far as tampering with one of Hecatia's ultimate underlings without approval from the goddess. That is if purifying Clownpiece was even Junko's idea.
>>
>>15344044
iirc, all of the hell fairies were purified, not just Clownpiece. Junko and Hecatia may not even know Clownpiece on a personal level, so I doubt they'd care all that much if she disappears.
>>
>>15344075
There's no reason to believe there's no connection. Clappy is the leader of Hell fairies. Thinking otherwise is just being contrarian or off the wall speculative
>>
>>15344075
>>15344100
Actually, from her profile

Under Hecatia's orders, she filled the Mare Tranquillitatis with fairies she brought with her from Hell.
Thanks to her and her friends, the Mare Tranquillitatis was transformed into a fairy playland.

Then, thanks to Junko's ability, they were awakened.
They can be said to be a mass of totally pristine life energy.

"If you play around here, the Lunarians will be unable to act.
As long as nobody goes and sullies themselves with impurity, they'll be completely trapped."

...that's what she was told. So, she played to her heart's content.

The lunar surface was a desolate world, but compared to Hell, it was still beautiful and fun.
The fairies played and frolicked.
Just by doing that, the Lunarians were bound in place.

Though the Lunar Capital showed no signs of action for a long time,
a human flew over from there at last.

"If anyone comes from the Lunar Capital, go wild. Do anything you like."
As she remembered being told that, she was as ecstatic as could be.
>>
>>15344100
I said "may" so I'm not sure and maybe I am missing something. But I can't recall a moment in LoLK that implied that Clownpiece knew Junko or Hecatia personally so she might be just another underling to them.
>>
>>15344044
>>15344100

If she were the leader why isn't she defending Hecatia in the Extra stage?

>>15344113
>The lunar surface was a desolate world, but compared to Hell, it was still beautiful and fun.
Christ Hell must be fucking terrible. How'd such a fun-loving fairy come from there?
>>
>>15344137
>If she were the leader why isn't she defending Hecatia in the Extra stage?
Perhaps that is the problem because of which she decided not to go back to hell.
>>
>>15344137
I don't know why people are assuming shes the leader, she stands out because shes the only one who decided to dress up like a flag she saw.

Its literally just her and her friends being sent there, Lampads aren't really supposed to have some sort of hierarchy, they just serve Hectate
>>
>>15344208
Did you play LoLK? She shouts an order to other fairies about the middle of the stage (which the fairies follow), then serves as the stage boss.
>>
>>15344279
Did you? she shouted that because she was excited, she wanted to go wild.

Literally in her profile, they're all friends, and I already answered why shes the stage boss.
>>
>>15344344
So she shouted an order, flashed her torch at you, and fucked off for another 5 minutes?
>>
File: 1457400415444.gif (75KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457400415444.gif
75KB, 1200x1200px
>>15344208
>I don't know why people are assuming shes the leader
She's the biggest AND the strongest.
>>
>>15344387
Yes? she wanted to go wild like Hecatia said, also that expression is more like
>lets get started guys!
If I said that to my friends would that be me ordering them around like I'm their leader?
>>
>>15344406
You overestimate the fairies' mental capacity for social niceties.
>>
>>15344389
but my orc friend, Hecatia is the strongest and the biggest, there can only be one war boss
>>
>>15344431
So you really don't have a counter then?
>>
>>15344137
>If she were the leader why isn't she defending Hecatia in the Extra stage?
Hecatia ordered her to defend the moon. She was hiding in the dream world safe. The dream world is Doremy's territory. As a touch bearer, Clownpiece is indeed one of Hecatia's mythical consortia. Also, she is stated to be working on Hecatia's orders, gathered the fairies herself too. In other words, defacto fairy leader.

This is the kind of thing most people call "obvious shit". If you don't get it even when it's spelled out for you you're just being obstinate.
>>
>>15344462
>touch bearer
TORCH

Thanks, phone. What the Hell is consortia?
>>
>>15344462
You see but if your superior ordered you to gather the others for a plan, that doesn't mean you're necessarily the leader.
>>
>>15344496
That's a semantic argument. She gathered the fairies and led them against you, then was the literal boss, and for that matter the clear superior. You're arguing something incredibly pointless. It's just a word.
>>
>>15344446
I don't feel like I need one. Fairies aren't big on the savoir vivre thing, so everything that Clownpiece says and does just seems to me like she's acting as the leader of the bunch.
>>
>>15344508
>She gathered the fairies and led them against you
She gathered the fairies under Hecatia's orders.

Then her and the others once again followed Hecatia's orders and went wild on whoever came out.

Also, her being the literal boss doesn't mean shit. We shouldn't act like this is something that is without a doubt true, the fact that someone can argue against this in the first place proves otherwise.
>>
>>15344528
Whether she's formally the leader or not matters very little when she acts as the DE FACTO leader by: 1) rallying the other fairies against you, 2) acting as the final boss of the stage, in what is pretty much a duel.
>>
>>15344532
Doesn't change the fact that she is not the leader, which goes ALL the way back to the original argument that Clownpiece must be important to Hecatia specifically because shes the leader.
>>
>>15344546
Clownpiece is "important" (by which I don't mean "dear") to Hecatia by being one of the Lampad - Hecate's underlings. This is a fact. Hecatia personally orders Clownpiece and other fairies to tear shit up on the Moon. There, Clownpiece acts as the de facto leader of the bunch.

That's as far as it goes. There is a possibility that not all of the fairies encountered on the Moon are Lampads (and thus not immediately subjects to Hecatia), but all of this matters very little. Clownpiece is the most important fairy of the bunch, whether by station or by deed, and she is Hecatia's subordinate. Whatever else you think their relationship entails is up to your speculation.
>>
>>15344571
Lampads was mere gifts though, she had them for quite sometime and also aren't Hectate's only subordinates, they're just torch bearers.
>>
>>15344584
OK? Bottom line is, it's up to Hecatia to decide how responsible she wants to feel for her subordinates.
>>
>>15344137
>Christ Hell must be fucking terrible.
>Place if eternal punishment and separation form the glory of G-d

Literally the worst possible outcome for every Abrahamic religion.
>>
>>15345182
Stop shoving your religion into everything. The Hell Clownpiece comes from is the Grecian underworld. You know, what with her being a Lampad, and Hecatia being the goddess Hecate.
>>
>>15345202
Why are you so sensitive? You make it sound like this anon regularly goes off topic to talk about Abrahamic religions. Why not just correct him about what hell Clownpiece is from without the needless aggression?
>>
>>15345182
>G-d
Are you jewish?
>>
>>15346382
Not sensitive. That guy was projecting, and a very slippery protection at that. Viewing foreign mythoi, especially foreign mythoi told by an even more foreign writer, through the looking glass of Eurocentric religious beliefs can be extremely destructive for the piece being scrutinised. Or the Clownpiece in this case, hyuck.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.