[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /jp/ feel about Fate/stay night and it's popularity

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: saber.jpg (103KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
saber.jpg
103KB, 640x630px
How does /jp/ feel about Fate/stay night and it's popularity among the otaku?
>>
it's a damn shame.
>>
>>15323129
I don't care

Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya is the only worthwhile thing to come out of that series to be honest
>>
Isn't it amazing that we managed to have this exact same thread over eight years?
>>
I really love it.
As for it's popularity, I don't really care, being popular doesn't make something bad, and being unpopular doesn't make something good, and vice versa.
>>
i wanna fuck a king
>>
Original game is decent but not great, and Tsukihime was better.

Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya was the best thing to come out of the series.
>>
>>15324082
>>15323204
>>>/u/

>>15323129
I like the idea of the grail war and I like the silly fan parody works Type Moon works spawn in general.
>>
Worse than Tsukihime.

I will never stop being buttblasted over how Fate gets 10 million shitty spinoffs but we'll never get Fate/Prototype.
>>
Shit series. Par for the course in the visual novel medium.
>>
File: YuruZero_07_00.png (367KB, 648x914px) Image search: [Google]
YuruZero_07_00.png
367KB, 648x914px
The only Fate-related thing I've ever read was Yuru/Zero and it was pretty good so it's probably a good series.
>>
I still don't care enough to read it, Tsukihime was good I guess but I have no interest in Fate.
>>
comedy gold
>>
Turkey is better
>>
I think the concept is pretty cool. Think the eroge aspect is retarded and dont like the MC
>>
>>15323268
I think it's rather sad that you've been coming here that long and haven't gotten a fucking life yet.
>>
>>15334623
I think you're on the wrong board, normalfag.
>>
Saber is way too overused. It's too bad because she's pretty cute.
>>
>>15334629
Don't try to derail. You know you got fucking burnt.
>>
I just wish it didn't completely eclipse Tsukihime in Nasu's eyes.
>>
>>15323129
I hate Fate/Stay Night.

It could have been a really interesting franchise, instead it's fucking awful on so many levels.
>>
Rin is way too overused. It fucking sucks because she isn't even cute.
>>
>>15323129

Cool idea
Poisoned by Nasu's writing
>>
File: rin.png (417KB, 1000x991px) Image search: [Google]
rin.png
417KB, 1000x991px
>>15335070
She is cute though.
>>
>>15334931
What's awful about it?
>>
>>15336196
Nasu tries to make generic shonen anime plots sound like they're deep and meaningful.

It worked more in Tsukihime where everything was so off the wall that you didn't have to take it seriously, but fate/stay actually had a workable premise that he completely squandered.
>>
File: 1463716463922.jpg (115KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463716463922.jpg
115KB, 800x600px
I really like F/SN. There's nothing else like it, that's for sure. It's got a neat world, with neat characters having neat interactions in it. That'll do me. It's just really cool in general.

As for its popularity, that's another matter. The way TM keep milking Fate is getting absolutely ridiculous. The original game, Zero and maybe HA are fine, but everything else can fuck off.
>>
File: 001.jpg (198KB, 1200x1687px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
198KB, 1200x1687px
I feel many things in my pants
>>
I just wish they had done FSN first so it could be the shit it truly is and that tsukihime received the funding and effort FSN had.

Of course, had that really happened, I'd just be bitching about how much better FSN was than tsukihime
>>
>>15323204
>Not Case Files
>Not Strange Fake
pedo spotted
>>
File: illya.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
illya.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15336267
>everything else can fuck off
>>
File: Unknown Hero.jpg (82KB, 437x395px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Hero.jpg
82KB, 437x395px
>>15336267
You seriously need to reevaluate how you look on Prisma Illya. I mean, I was skeptic too at first but I decided to try it. First part is all shennanigans, second part is where they get a bit serious, while the third part is where shit hits the fan like pic related
>>
>>15336285
I'm planning a trip to Japan.

I have a feeling I'm coming back with more than a few Rider doujins.
>>
more like fate/gay night
>>
>>15336196
well

pretty much what he said >>15336254

The premise is really, REALLY good. It's about mages in the modern day summoning heroes of the past to fight each other and win the holy grail. Fucking cool concept. A+ concept.

Almost none of the heroes are portrayed right, most of them are fucking ABSURDLY overpowered such that it's no longer interesting when they fight, and the slice of life segments are horribly out of place. Shirou fucking sucks as a protagonist and he's really unlikable. Saber is just the goddamn worst, I actually hate her. I don't like any of the heroines, for that matter.

And yet, this thing keeps growing and actually getting MORE retarded. What's worse, there are like 5 saberclones. I am disgusted.
>>
>>15337428
this is the stuff that turned me off of reading Illya

Like "oh great, more Shirou in a manga that's not about Shirou. I'm so excited, really"
>>
>>15336299
I dunno. Tsukihime is so fun and batshit ridiculous. A big reason FSN sucks, I think, is wasted potential but Tsukihime's potential is pretty much at 0. It's about Harry Potter, the boy who can kill anything, and the weird vampire he meets. Also, rape. Where do you go from there? Places, that's where.
>>
>>15336285
I want to cum inside rider
>>
File: fatehollowataraxia17kp9.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fatehollowataraxia17kp9.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
I think Fate is great. I love the setting and I find the characters endearing, even Shirou.

I think overexposure really killed its reputation, sadly.
>>
File: rider.gif (454KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
rider.gif
454KB, 540x303px
>>15326509
What don't you like about Fate?
>>
File: 1464003693259.jpg (100KB, 368x451px) Image search: [Google]
1464003693259.jpg
100KB, 368x451px
>>15334671
>>15334623
Baiting other NEETS by bringing out your own self hatred in an aggressive manner on others? iktf.
>>
Tohsaka's anus.
>>
>>15323129
It's lacking in mollusc sex scenes. Anyway, Nasu has always been shitty writer and equally shitty storyteller yet somehow I'm fascinated by his crap that I've read everything he chunked out so far… and it was shit. I don't understand.
>>
>>15345701
I didn't say I don't like it, it's just never seemed interesting enough to me to spend 60 hours reading the visual novel.
>>
>>15341526

Get in line.
>>
>>15346958
>It's lacking in mollusc sex scenes

It does however have the skill of a well-trained prostitute.
>>
File: fgo.png (344KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
fgo.png
344KB, 540x300px
I've been out of the loop for quite some time and just realized f/go was already out.

So what the fuck is this shit anyway?
Because i vaguely remember a trailer of f/go with some fancy 3d model of Saber Archer and Berserker. Fuck, even the gooks can do far better than this.
>>
The novels are pretty shit
Fate/Zero is a great anime though
Stay night anime is shit
UBW is meh
>>
File: Boudica.png (217KB, 560x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Boudica.png
217KB, 560x1015px
>>15348270
Sum it up:

In 2016 the world is supposed to end.

The MC see's a job posting for the Chaldea Organization (Magus organization that uses magic and technology for projects) and takes a job with them.

Chaldea wants to prevent the end of the world in 2016 and developed time travel to fix singularities in the time lines, also you get to visit Holy Grail Wars. MC becomes a temporary Magus and gets a Servant known as Matthew a cute girl merged with Galahad.

They now go on time travel adventures to fix stuff in time. Also the world does end, and the MC and Matthew are the last humans on earth, and the MC is technically the last magus alive.

Now that you are caught up. Go get some Servant pussy.
>>
>>15323302
This guy understands
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.