[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there more sites trying to imitate 2ch? There's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: comike72-02.jpg (28KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
comike72-02.jpg
28KB, 300x400px
Why aren't there more sites trying to imitate 2ch?
There's only three I know of; one is in Spanish (Bienvenido a Internet), and the other two do it in a half-assed way (SAoVQ and 4-ch).
>>
File: 1400345693044.png (92KB, 419x296px) Image search: [Google]
1400345693044.png
92KB, 419x296px
You only know of three textboards?
>>
>>15265564
The others I know of are text-mode /b/-/pol/ (i.e. /prog/rider isn't anything like /prague/ at all), so of course they don't count.
>>
Supply and demand?
There's probably something cultural at work with it being far more popular in Japan.
>>
I know a lot, but most of them cater to a smaller set of interests.
>>
>>15265604
Care to share? Though chances are I already know of them.
>>
>>15265546
BaI is surprisingly active. It's the 3rd fastest Spanish language imageboard/bbs
>>
Go set up a Fidonet network or something
>>
>>15265792
not a bad idea 2bh
>>
Because I already have 4chan and other boards to waste my time talking to idiots
>>
>>15265918
4chan is an imageboard though.
>>
Maybe because 2ch-style textboards are ugly, clunky and lacking in any sort of useful functionality? The only ones to claim otherwise are either weeaboos or idiots who pointlessly revere things they think are old relics. Reddit is pretty much the western 2ch and it seems to be popular enough.
>>
Why do you want to imitate 2ch?
We have our own "2ch" right here.
>>
>>15266070
Where? I don't see it.
>>
>>15266084
And this is your typical "muh 2ch" poster.
These people don't even know why they like 2ch so much.
>>
>>15266107
You didn't even answer my question and instead resorted to memes.
>>
>>15266107
Outside of VIP and similar boards 2ch is pretty nice.
>>
>>15266163
Just like 4chan.
There's no need to imitate 2ch unless you have some kind of grass is greener syndrome thing. Otherwise you end up with cliques full of boring tryhards desperately trying to act "2ch-nish".
>>
>>15266173
Dunno, even /jp/ stopped being "good" ages ago, while 2ch keeps being more or less the same.
>>
>>15265546
If you want 2ch, go to 2ch.
Otherwise, reddit is probably what you're looking for.
>>
>>15266198
2ch is dead. It has been for years. Most of it's posters have fled to various 2ch clones. The actual 2ch is mostly all robots now. Why do you think Hiroyuki runs 4chan now? You're a fool if you think 2ch is still any good.
>>
>>15267179
There are over 2mil posts per day. Is it dead ?
>>
>>15267835
2mil spam and ad bots.
>>
>>15265546

textboards are shit. They were shit years ago and they're shit now.
>>
There's also that Reddit one.
>>
>>15267179
what's with this hiroyuki defense force that appeared once hiro started owning 4chan
>>
>>15269204
he's le cute bunni!!! ^____^ /a/UTIST PRIDE WORLD WIDE
>>
>>15269204
People were tired of moot.
Fresh face with a sketchy history, but once you look deep into it you can see he was the one who got fucked out of his pride.
History repeats itself though, its happening again and hiro is probably raughing his ass off at the latest chan debacle going on.
>>
File: hiro-social-media.jpg (42KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
hiro-social-media.jpg
42KB, 325x500px
>>15267179
A lot of people left 2ch because of Hiro's schemes in first place.

>>15269642
Yeah, I was surprised even the jay fell for his painfully obvious tricks.

>>15269661
>but once you look deep into it you can see he was the one who got fucked out of his pride
Just because jap laws are shit and Hiro got fined for things he doesn't have control over doesn't justify him fucking his own users, especially after talking so much about anonymity this and anonymity that.
>>
>>15269795
>Yeah, I was surprised even the jay fell for his painfully obvious tricks.
It's fairly presumptuous, but I actually think that it's most of the Japanese internet that has managed to delude itself. Every time I tried to trace back the allegations to their root source I couldn't ever find a more reliable source than arbitrary people's personal sites. I haven't seen anything to convince me that they're any more credible than the random English-language pastebins you see floating around purporting to expose the secrets of 4chan.
>>
>>15269661
>latest chan debacle going on
What is going on now?
>>
>>15269850
I was there when it happened, people from kenmou shitting on him and all of 2ch fucking mad at him for storing their info.

Sadly thanks to Jim every time you say something against Hiro the dataminer you get called an 8gagger.
>>
Looking at this thread and discounting the OP, there are 2 images out of 32 posts.
Are textboards really necessary? Or is this about filtering out certain undesirables with low attention spans?
>>
>>15269905
And all images in this thread don't add to the conversation.

>Or is this about filtering out certain undesirables with low attention spans?
Definitely.
>>
>>15269879
I think Hiro and Jim were both on it, until Hiro fucked up and Jim placed all the blame on him for being a retard and leaving all that information lying there.
>>
>>15265624
uboachan and hikkichan though they're probs crazy slow.
>>
>>15269858
Anonymous and Anonymous are now going steady!
>>
>>15270010
That's twice now in one day that I've submitted a post too early.
That anon is probably referring to Jim taking ownership of that 8 place (whose name is still apparently blocked).
That whole place thrives on conspiracies, though.
>>>/qa/528440
>>
>>15269879
>I was there when it happened, people from kenmou shitting on him and all of 2ch fucking mad at him for storing their info.
Is what he does appreciably different from the fact that 4chan stores your posts, IPs, and 4chan pass information (if you have one) somewhere? Or was it the people he was passing it to?
>>
>>15270122
>Is what he does appreciably different from the fact that 4chan stores your posts, IPs, and 4chan pass information (if you have one) somewhere?
Source? When 4chan pass data was leaked there weren't posts and IPs being recorded, only credit card numbers, as far as I know.

Though this was when moot was still in charge, so that probably changed now.
>>
>>15270167
Was 4chan pass data leaked? I thought they did all payment processing through a third-party.

That said, it's definitely recorded somewhere, given that he has given post and IP information to the federal government when subpoena'd for it.
>>
>>15270167
I think Australian moot was able to track down all the posts belonging to a specific woman he didn't like.
I think much of what we know is pretty much a result of that guy's crusade against an attention whore that lead him to finding a route into admin access.
>>
>>15267925
What you are talking about is 2ch.sc. 2ch is 2ch.net lol. Why do you pretend to know all shit while you don't.
>>
I wish there were screenshots of あやしいわーるど around.
>>
>>15266035
How is it uglier or clunkier than 4chan?
The posting system is basically the same and you don't even need to be clicking on shitty fucking pictures to post, it also has range quotes, thread filtering, an archive, a point system, slip IDs, thread-specific settings and other fancy shit.
Your argument applies to 4chan too but people still use it and imitate it.
>>
>>15272015
Their ID system works much better than 4chan's, too.
>>
>>15265546
Because most people just want to make "friends" or talk with already existing friends, they aren't on the internet for the sake of discussions. That's why social media like facebook and twitter are way more popular and generic forums being right behind.
>>
>>15272204
Is it the death of forums?
>>
>>15272204
>>15275385
Don't want to always act like the sky is falling, but it's certainly possible. If this social media craze was just a fad, I think there would have been more backlash by now. But most people want to share their cool lives and think anonymity is for cowards. I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years people are advocating for everything you post online to have your facebook account or real name attached because it will stop bullying online or something. I think i was skeptical about overreacting until even moot abandoned us to work for a company that is the literal antithesis of the bullshit he pretended to believe. That was pretty disheartening. I don't know if it is just forums either, any community online might be fated to slpinter after the original admins or mods start down the path of "well it's my site"

I haven't been on reddit since 2007 or so for this reason and I remember crying about how it will never happen to 4chan, Well it took a little longer but here we are. It's definitely not as bad as the majority of sites due to the nature of anonymous, but still. We should even this while we can though, who knows if the Internet will be this open in the future.
>>
>>15269879
>I was there when it happened, people from kenmou shitting on him and all of 2ch fucking mad at him for storing their info.
And I was here when everyone was calling moot a jew. A lot of people bitching about something online != proof that it is true...
>>
>>15275676
Those social sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc) are also expanding into new avenues- trying to ensnare as many people as possible. Facebook in particular has been striving to be a one-stop news "source" so the products, I mean people, are kept within their walls.
Twitter is trying to become a place for streams and news events and even signed a contract with the NFL:
http://www.wired.com/2016/04/twitter-thinks-streaming-nfl-big-deal-twitter/
The information superhighway as a place to explore and find new people and places is certainly out of the mind of the majority of people these days.
>>
Do you mean 2ch.hk (Sosach)?
>>
>>15270037
Yeah that's the one I was thinking of.

Pulling that move after the confusion between jim vs hiro. Shit is hilarious.
>>
>>15275721
>moot a jew

He isn't?
>>
>>15275676
>>15275965
Social networks were a mistake.
>>
images are a crutch
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.