[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Gaki show's segment that you miss? I miss Absolutely

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: teachers.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
teachers.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
What Gaki show's segment that you miss?
I miss Absolutely Tasty series, and I wonder if they still do Batsu game that isn't No Laughing.

Also, how fucking old are they now?
I know Downtown pair are 50+, so that makes the rest 40+, right?
>>
>>>/wsg/1036958
>>
>>>/wsg/988075
>>
File: matsumoto.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
matsumoto.gif
2MB, 294x233px
>>15143954
>>15143966
/jp/ hates Gaki now?

What happened?
>>
File: Untitled4-2.png (534KB, 925x775px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled4-2.png
534KB, 925x775px
>>15144928
>Not TOUHOU
>Must Die

idk man, but I fucking love Gaki....
>>
Also about "isn't no laughing"...

Haunted Hotel, my favorite one!

More nighttime scared segments are always fucking funny
>>
File: 1422304423890.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1422304423890.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>15143954
>>15143966
>>
>>15144928
Looks like they were just linking sound WEBMs to me, anon.
>>
File: tanaka face.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tanaka face.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 2016-01-13_20-43-36.jpg (320KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-13_20-43-36.jpg
320KB, 1600x900px
>>
I miss when they were good
>>
File: tumblr_mfy2n34uqW1rtby7to1_500.gif (824KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfy2n34uqW1rtby7to1_500.gif
824KB, 500x250px
>>15157198
>>
>>15143101

Kiki is the only segment that is very uncommon but better than average.

Everything else has become essentially what is pandering and high budgets.

I just want them to stop with rehashing stuff for No Laughing. Like bringing back Demon Tag was interesting the first time around but then they rehashed it again after a one-two year period. Like I just want to see more original material that isn't rehashed.

The only recent good segments I liked was the Hamada imposter from Airport extras, and the first lunch poetry/song making segment before they started rehashing it.
>>
Kiki is fun, the various batsus are fun, absolutely tasty was neat except when they were phoning it in.

I liked the dice batsu as well.

Basically they don't seem to do enough content these days, even the kiki which wouldn't be a difficult thing for poor old hamada.
>>
>>15156786

Why can't Hiroyuki just implement sound webms across the entire site?
>>
>>15157602
If there isn't a dedicated board to post sound webms the kiddos will add hilarious screamers to them. Without a single board to contain screamers these will continue to circulate and wreak havoc.
>>
The batsu games are total pleb magnets that haven't been good in years, and a lot of the wednesday segments are fucking god-awful, the worst offender being the "let's walk around Tokyo and try and find famous people" trash.

The Damasareta and Monitoring specials are the best of the surprise comedy genre. Where else are you going to see a parody of the shawshank redemption starring a guy who sniffs bike seats, or a guy running around terrified because he sees a little girl dressed like a ghost?
>>
>>15162816
>let's walk around Tokyo and try and find famous people

What is this?
>>
I love absolutely tasty. It's my favourite. I also really like their haunted episodes.

I just wished that they wouldn't use so many Japanese cameos in their no laughing batsu game. It's not because I don't know who they are, it's just that it seems like that's all they're doing.
>>
>>15166763
Cameos and references are about 70% of all Japanese comedy. It's why the variety world is so unappealing to foreigners, because it's all gibberish if you don't understand why it's funny that a respected actor in his 70s is performing a gag originally written for a children's show. The celebrities are the characters, and if you don't know them then most of the jokes will always fly over your head.
>>
I just wish they'd do more food related bits.
>>
>>15144928
What the fuck are you going to talk about a series that 99% of viewers watch once a year and the thing that they watch is 80% repetition of the previous year?

Try creating a thread in an alternate timeline where people watch Gaki weekly.

>>15166776
Don't think Gaki's specials at New Years are representation of the whole comedy industry in Japan.

Popular talk shows, sketch comedy shows and manzai feature just as "little" references as western shit. Low-budget late night shows can do whatever the fuck they want (since they don't care about stable ratings that much), so there's even less. I'd say it's just so much easier to notice references that you don't know rather than references that you so familiar with you don't even realize they are references.
Majority of stuff (including popular shows like Shabekuri or Ametalk) rely much more on a combination of prepared content (episode talk, VTRs, games) and improvisation born on the spot, latter meaning they might film over five hours of footage for a single 45 minute episode in order to ensure the final content is entertaining.
>>
Endo is really handsome.
>>
>>15157198
>>15162816
You can tell they are really getting older and not as interested anymore, the things they do nowadays is really lackluster. They are also cutting a lot of costs and there are probably stricter limitations from the higher ups.

>>15162816
Damasareta and monitoring are decent but if you've followed them for quite a while, you would realize that they do get repetitive too, over time.
>>
Well I noticed Matsumoto for one appears to be doing more other stuff not related to comedy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.