[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9 more days until The Sealed Esoteric History is release.als

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: Yorihime.webm (813KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Yorihime.webm
813KB, 720x576px
9 more days until The Sealed Esoteric History is release.also damn Yorihime is a bad ass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a61T7HHscY
>>
edgy
>>
>>14511033
Wait how was that edgy
>>
*yawn*
>>
>>14511033
Why are there lightsabers in my touhou, and how the fuck can that man even compete with Suika?

Not phantasm, so I wont be watching it.
>>
>>14511106
>Why are there lightsabers in my touhou
Moon tech also fan made

>and how the fuck can that man even compete with Suika
Lunarians are much more stronger than anything in Gensokyo read SSiB and CiLR
>>
>>14511135
So it's shitty fanfiction?
Even if he was a Lunarian, he isnt a cute girl so he doesnt belong in touhou.
>>
>>14511198
I wouldn't call it shitty but yes it's a fan anime
>he isnt a cute girl so he doesnt belong in touhou.
what about Rinnouske,and Unzan
>>
Why is Suika in what I assume is the first Genso-Lunar war? She's not from the moon. I don't think she ever lived there either.
>>
>>14512682
Why do you think she needs to be from the Moon? The first war was fought between youkai from Earth led by Yukari against the Lunarians. This work assumes Suika went with her.
>>
Original Nico Nico link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27826060

This will be a 28min40s long episode on a DVD. Normal set (DVD only) will cost JPY3000. Collector set (DVD+a few goodies) will cost JPY5000. Source: http://kyotofantasytroupe.net/archives/465

If anyone has more info (possible availability in doujin or on-line shops), please feel free to post.
>>
The animation isn't mangekyo tier, but if it has better story than other 2hu anime that doesn't matter. The premise is definitely more creative than the other's.
>>14511276
>what about Rinnouske,and Unzan
Yeah, Zun doesn't create male characters because they don't belong, it's because he can't draw them and they'll ruin the cozy girly atmosphere of Touhou. I don't have issue with men appearing in side works like Kourindou.
>>
>>14513627
>Zun doesn't create male characters because they don't belong, it's because [...] they'll ruin the cozy girly atmosphere.
Some would say that exactly means `they don't belong'.
>>
>>14513643
I meant that it's not that Zun can't integrate them into the story(like we know Youmu's master, Byakuren's brother, Marisa's father, chinese-whats-his-name exist), but it's difficult mood-wise.
Also may cause fans backlash, but if he can pull off Hecatia and Clownpiece, I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy in main Touhou game.
>>
Men "don't belong" in games mostly since danmaku is said to be something that appeals to women, not men. It's not as if ZUN hasn't thought about it, though. He had an idea for Myouren as boss which became Byakuren. which is how I would think Unzan came about.

But there's nothing stopping men from appearing in other works which they have in greater numbers since WAHH and FS. If he ever introduces a major male excepting Rinnosuke in the manga it changes things somewhat.

I personally think men in Gensokyo might find danmaku silly and prefer resolution through actual fighting. So the ladies do conflict resolution through danmaku, while the men sit on the sidelines and maybe do diplomacy instead while the rest of Gensokyo play danmaku.

As for who the guy in the trailer is, I'd hazard a guess that it's Ryujin.
>>
>>14513784
>danmaku is said to be something that appeals to women
I thought it associates with air/spacecraft first. But now that you say, imagining guys with spellcard and glowing balls(get it) seems silly.
>>
>>14511031
>Lightsabers
Please no.
>>
>>14511276
>what about Rinnouske,and Unzan

One is a shopkeeper with no combat skill and other is a minion of a girl.

Dudes can't into highest level magic. That's what ZUN said.
>>
>>14511031
Serious question:
I searched "The Sealed Esoteric History" and "Hifuu Club Activity Record" but I only find PVs and trailers as a result.

Did they just make "trailers without anything else", or they also made full stories, animes, movies, etc... ?
>>
I think I read somewhere that the Watatsuki's were stupidly OP and more powerful than any being in gensokyo. Is this true? I honestly can't stand them and I hope they don't get too glorified in this.
>>
>>14514245
Didn't you read the OP? The first episode is released in 9 days.
>>
What ever happened to the manga they were going to make? Did that ever get released?
>>
>>14514253
I read the OP and it talks about the 3rd PV in the link. So I return the question.

So, anyone know it they made full anime or movies over these PV? Or are they just single PVs?

And where are they findable if they exist?
>>
>>14514287
This is the 3rd PV for the anime that will be released in 9 days. Do you know what PV means?
>>
does anyone have that one flash shooter with renko and maribel in it? i can't find it...
>>
>>14514292
Yeah it means promotional videos, which is also used for music videos in general.
And I return you the question once again.
Because PVs can also promote musics and not obligatory movies/animes. Sometimes the animated videos are just here to illustrate the music.
And furthermore, you can find so many videos with "PV" in the title just because they're "presented like PVs", especially on niconico where you find MMDs looking like pvs on existing musics or covers of existing musics.

Anyway, I didn't came here to argue like a kid, I just asked a question, and the answer isn't that obvious.

So, if the first anime will be released in 9 days is true, thanks for the information.
>>
>>14514302

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRf0-W2u8c
>>
>>14514319
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Hifuu_Club_Activity_Record_~The_Sealed_Esoteric_History~

>On October 12, 2015, KFT published a teaser video for their first actual episode, which is expected to be released at Comiket 89.

C89 will be this december 29-31.

And sorry, didn't mean to be rude.
>>
>>14514248
Yep it's true in SSiB one of the sisters beats Reimu,Marisa,Sakuya,and Remilia,without breaking a sweat
>>
>>14514337
Yeah, I remember that. I was hoping that was just a fluke.
>>
>>14511031
Been looking forward to this thing for a good long while. Was hoping it would be more atmospheric and less battle but the battle looks pretty cool.
>>
>>14514331
thanks
>>
>>14514355
>Was hoping it would be more atmospheric and less battle
Yeah, me too. I was hoping for it to be more story-based as well. I'm okay with battles as long as they don't take too much screentime. Not like we can expect them to be well animated anyway. The fighting in the PV doesn't look all that impressive and people usually use their best scenes for PVs so I'm not looking forward for the fights.
>>
>>14514351
Well to be fair Sakuya had her knife point and could of killer her easily,Remilia was actually winning in the first half of the fight even going as far to knocking Yorihime out,Reimu almost beat her with impurity.Yeah but the moon people are really OP
>>
>>14514335
thanks for the infos and don't worry for the rest, friend, it's already forgotten.

I'm very curious to see what they're going to release.
If it looks like the PV in the OP, I really look forward to see it.
I just hope it will look won't be about "urban legend in limbo" since they also made a PV about that too, and to my humble opinion, it will be definitely lame if it had sumireko in the story.
>>
>>14514159
>Dudes can't into highest level magic
That's kind of sad.
>>
>>14513847
If it's an effete bishounen I think it would work. Historical Myouren as conceived by ZUN (old) wouldn't have, but Myouren as commonly portrayed (young, head full of Byakuren-colored hair) might have. Swole men are out unless ZUN went full Jojo glam with it.

>>14514159
He's a minion, sure, but at the same time Ichirin (hitbox) was basically an excuse to get him in the game. He's the intended star of the fight.

>>14514248
>>14514337
>>14514351
>>14514405

Oh, they're stupidly OP, but so is everyone else on the Moon with the exception of mooks like the gate guards or the rabbits since it's a place reserved for higher tier gods. In return they have a silly weakness that brings them to their knees that was exploited in LoLK, like kryptonite to old school Superman.

IIRC the novel makes it closer than what the manga showed. That said, I do consider it kind of a fluke (much as I do actually like the Watatsukis). Yorihime only had the rules explained in brief but didn't really know them, so say everytime she called on a god, I think of it as her bombspamming her way through while the others treated it more as regular danmaku play.

Anyway, SSIB was the weakest manga and is probably one reason ZUN will never depict combat in the manga again, so I think it's just kind of best to not think about it too much.
>>
File: 1779336_p0.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1779336_p0.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
>>14511198
>he isnt a cute girl so he doesnt belong in touhou.
You complain about "fanmade" things and you act like a filthy secondary that likes touhou just for the "cute lolis" without even knowing the background and the story.
Please leave and never come again.

>>14511276
They're not the only dudes in the story. The girls are highlighted but there are actually a lot of dudes that they don't talk about. Either gods, tengus, onis, humans, etc...
For example Yōki, who must be very strong.
Or Lord Tsukuyomi.
Or Tenshi's father, Lord Nai.
Or Tenma.
These guys are probably stronger than 99,9% of the feminine cast.
You have a shitload of other guys that were probably strong too like Myōren, or count male gods like Hakurei, Bishamonten, or Mishaguji (since we count females gods as well) that would be more than overpowerful.
And since there are a lot of guys living in gensōkyō, humans or non-humans, we can imagine there is a shitload of guys we just don't hear about.

And I'm pretty sure >>14514159 is the same person as >>14511198 .
Also, Unzan is not a minion, he's also definitely stronger than Ichirin and if he cared to fight seriously and alone (if he had a reason) he would definitely be very strong.
(A lot of characters don't seem challenging in the game but are stronger than they seem, like Yuugi who didn't fight seriously in Touhou 11 and could have destroyed Reimu and Marisa at the same time if she wanted to be really serious.)
>>
>>14515038
Unzan is Ichirin's partner/friend. He just wants to protect her, but he's not a minion or a pet.
And that's why he probably didn't gave 100% of himself in the original game.
And the mini-version of him depicted by tasofro (who took way too much liberties in the modifications of character's design) is not relevant.
>>
>>14515048
Is Neil Armstrong a Touhou?
>>
File: 1405665635466[1].png (17KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1405665635466[1].png
17KB, 500x400px
>>14515095
who knows?
>>
>>14511031
It looks stupid as fuck. with all the material touhou have produced in the years you choose to make a fucking animation about battles, and trying to make it look like some shitty tv series without budget?
what the HELL
>>
>>14515048
>Yōki, who must be very strong.

Being good with the sword says absolutely nothing about his magical prowess.

>Or Lord Tsukuyomi.
>Or Tenshi's father, Lord Nai.
>Or Tenma.

We don't even know if these characters are male in Touhou. Remember Miko? They are most likely girls.

Keep in mind that Satan is a girl in Touhou.
>>
File: 000.png (261KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
000.png
261KB, 960x731px
>>14515148
the battle animations look super cool and epic. And the quality is excellent. That last OAV looks better than most of the things that has been done before. What is your problem with this?
The only thing that looks shitty are the lightsabers, but they don't see to be that important in the story either.

So, you prefer to see cute little girls only talking with each other or romantic stories?
Touhou is about battles and fight you know? You only fight in all the games.
>>
File: VxLsW8w.jpg (61KB, 306x331px) Image search: [Google]
VxLsW8w.jpg
61KB, 306x331px
>>14515185
>Not sure if trolling or extremely stupid.
Dude, you don't need magical powers to be strong, so if you're strong with a sword like Youmu or strong with pure magic like Patchouli, the result is the same in the end.

>We don't even know if these characters are male in Touhou.
These characters are all 3 stated to be males. Try to know at least something about the topic before trying to argue...
>We don't know if Tenshi's father is a male
Dude seriously, wtf.

>>14515236
You should give the prize of your pic to this guy >>14515185 , holy shit.
>>
>>14511031
I notice the PV also links to this from the same studio, seems like it's a separate project they're also working on?

https://youtu.be/d3Qkra6fbho
>>
>>14517573
The other PVs look great but this one looks like shit.
If they made a full anime on it, I wouldn't even watch it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.