[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does someone break out of the ~$15/hr purgatory? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: 3455668.jpg (41KB, 609x453px) Image search: [Google]
3455668.jpg
41KB, 609x453px
How does someone break out of the ~$15/hr purgatory?

I'm tired of working wagiecuck jobs. I would like a job where I can have decent pay, (somewhat) interesting work and a path for progression. I have no degree, are there any certs I can get to become a wagie in the tech field? Is sales my only real option to make real money? Is lying about having a degree advisable?
>>
>>79607796
roflmao
>>
There are many jobs out there that pay more than $15/hr and don't require schooling. You just have to look for them. I live in bumfuck nowhere and I still know of several jobs I can get that pay really well.
>>
>>79607904
Should I lie about a degree?
>>
>>79607934
No. Do you really even need to ask?
>>
This fucking Canadian again. Fucking twat face. Cry somewhere else. Cunt.
>>
>>79607967
Yes I do have to ask because it feels like I have little to lose, if I say I have an unrelated degree they wont expect me to have any knowledge
>>
Programming doesn't require a degree and you can learn it over the the internet.
I have just high school diploma and have a decent wage and I can work from my home 80% of the time.
>>
>>79608004
All the listings ask for a degree or experience though.
>>
>>79608054
Experience of course but not a degree. Make your own projects and put them to your CV
You don't learn anything from college you wouldn't learn on your own. IT degree don't mean a shit unless you're working in the public sector
>>
>>79608100
What kinds of projects should I make?

It feels like everything is either 1) basic as fuck and therefore useless with zero real world application or 2) Extremely complex, solving real world problems but requires a PhD and a team of developers to create.

What projects did you make and show to get your first job as a developer?
>>
>>79607796
>$15/hr
You are a fucking man baby. I make $11/hr and you don't see me whining
>>
Become a tradesman
>>
>>79608192
How is seeking something better in your life "baby" in any way? Sorry man not everyone is content with being a loser, also $11/hr is below minimum wage in my province and literally any job besides fastfood pays $13+/hr.

Are you in Nunavut?
>>
>>79608192
Is that canadian dollar?
>7.5€/h
>>
>>79608100
>>79608138
Pls reply.
>>
>"Just do projects on github and put them on your CV, bro. I did it and I work as a developer now"
>"Okay what projects should I make? What did you make?"

>*dead silence*
Every time. Why cant you fucking people just help me?
>>
>>79608138
Simple phone apps there's actually one of my app in the google store :DD. I guess easiest to get started is web developing but don't go with PHP tho it's good to know.
You don't have to be tech wizard to land a junior position when I was college my classmates got a job in the first year without any previous experience from programming.
And school is rather slow, you could learn that shit much faster on your own
>>
>>79608532
Why not PHP? Php7 seems good and laravel framework.

What framework should I learn? I was going to learn MEAN stack but some anon said angularjs is dead.
>>
>>79608598
I'd like you to comment on this post before you continue.
>>79608522

How does this post reflect your attitudes toward yourself and your peers? Do you blame others for your failures? When you think of others do you only think of their failures or how they are hindering you?

Curious at your thoughts m8
>>
>>79607904
>>79607796
This...hit up some railroads CN and CP. It can be absolute garbage work and hours but good pay/bennies. They are always hiring all kinds of crafts/apprentice openings.
>>
File: hangingwojak.jpg (27KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
hangingwojak.jpg
27KB, 300x360px
>>79608676
You're not my psychiatrist!
>>
>>79608829
srsly tho man

Reminder that you have agency over yourself tbqh
>>
Drive around in a car looking for junk people have left on the road and sell it
>>
File: despair.jpg (24KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
24KB, 308x302px
>>79608871
People HAVE said I blame others for my own failures and shortcomings a lot now that I think about it... a lot of people have told me I dont take enough responsibility for myself and that I look down on others too quickly.

We, however are getting off topic now.
>>
>>79608925
Nah I think this is a better topic since you know you won't even try any of that Finn's suggestions, and will instead blame him for not helping you enough (as you already have), lets talk about why you blame others for your failure.
>>
>i have no degree

stopped right there
>>
>>79608953
His advice is merely clichés without any actual substance.

What, I should learn Swift or Java and make silly phone apps without a degree? Yeah yeah every normie suggests doing this and showing it to recruiters on LinkedIn™.

I'm starting to think maybe lying about having a degree and making up fake leadership/management experience is a better option for getting ahead in this sham of a life. - Get rich or die trying they say, right?
>>
>>79609069
Well hopefully death in your case.
>>
>>79609115
Why's that?
>>
>>79609069
You're the worst type of person.
>>
>>79609133
Elaborate.
>>
>>79609127
Because this
>>79609133
>>
>>79609158
What attributes in particular do you consider detestable and which do you hold in high-regard in a person?

Also who the fuck are you, what is your name that your opinion should mean anything ?
>>
>>79609183
roflmao man you a funny guy
>>
>>79609198
You sound like a very spooked "guy". If I wanted cuck advice I'd go to r/cuckold. I thought you people could actually help me here, instead I got moralitycucks postulating here.
>>
>>79609229
STFU and post your tits mang, we demand payment before we deliver.
>>
>>79609271
Fine, be this way. I'm asking another board then.
>>
>>79609297
omg rude i just don't want to hold your hand the whole way why you gotta be so defeatist
>>
>>79609325
The replies I got had me wondering if I'd wondered off and made a thread on r/cuckold.
>>
>>79609229
If you have no idea what you're doing and lie about your programming and management experience, they're going to hire you thinking you can pull your own weight and you're not going to be able to. You'll drag everyone else down and fuck over those who know what they're doing.

t. software engineer
>>
>>79609363
srsly tho

post tits
>>
File: Screenshot_20170915-205842.png (143KB, 768x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170915-205842.png
143KB, 768x1116px
>>79609365
They snooze, they lose.

I'm applying to pic related and you can't stop me.
>>
>>79607796
>certs
Years ago (2010-2014ish I believe) i heard A+ certification was a good way to get an IT job.
Not sure what you'd count as career progression. Or if it's viable still.
But to my mind that's a dead simple way to get a job. I kept it in mind back then because I knew I knew almost everything to pass that.
But I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly.
And judging how important certs are is hard (they will tell you numbers, can you trust them?). I say you should research some certs and see if it's a viable approach. Then consider asking companies what they're looking to hire on a personal level (call them). I've had friends who did this and got jobs that way.

Of course this is Scandinavian advice. Might not be applicable there.
>>
>>79609480

well in Scandinavia as long as your name is Thor Johansson you have a 80% chance at an interview and then a 90% chance of getting the job

It's not the same in other countries.
>>
>>79609480
I was thinking about getting Microsoft Business certs. Azure in particular. Seems like it's a goldmine.

In any case, I'm greatly considering lying about having an unrelated degree since they won't expect me to have any knowledge.
>>
>>79607796
There are jobs like cleaning murder scenes or cleaning the outside of trains after a suicide that pay really well
>>
>>79609512
I see you're hyperbolic. And I didn't apply a lot before either got my first interview and first job.
So I can't really tell how true that is. How do you know though?
>>79609529
Lying about an unrelated degree seems pretty pointless.
>Microsoft business certs
Not my area. Can't help you with that sadly.
>>
>>79609597
I don't see why it'd be pointless. A lot of companies at least in NA seem to require degrees for consideration or progression within the company.
>>
>>79607796
>I have no degree
LOOOOL
>>
>>79609016
>>79609678
Delete this
>>
>it's the leaf crybaby episode again

>asks for advice
>gets advice
>no I wanted different advice REEEEE
>>
>>79609815
Not how I perceived this thread. I think anon is just looking into the many options available.

I fear he might get some analysis paralysis though. It's important to actually do something and not sit around doing nothing for another year.
>>
>>79609856
That's actually a good point. I'm a huge victim of "analysis paralysis" in the past.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.