[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some interesting/unique groups of soilders from your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (82KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 499x374px
What are some interesting/unique groups of soilders from your country?
US: The Filthy Thirteen
1st Demolition Section, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment (Currahee), 101st Airborne Division
They would shave their hair into mohawks and paint their faces with Native American war paint before jumping. This group was tasked with destroying equipment and infrastructure vital to the Germans during WWII.
>>
>>79575360
>They would shave their hair into mohawks and paint their faces with Native American war paint
Cringe as fuck. I bet most of them treated native Injuns like shit too.
>>
>>79575390
*blows the didgeridoo of an aboriginal*
>>
File: 1Sumatra1949.jpg (49KB, 625x353px) Image search: [Google]
1Sumatra1949.jpg
49KB, 625x353px
The Dutch militarized police was actually originally imperial police forces tasked to police the colonies.

They used to wear a sword (klewang) and gun. And got sword fighting training, which was necessary to fend of machete attacks.
Now the sword is only used in ceremonial functions, like with the royal guards.
>>
File: image-3459996.jpg (103KB, 700x451px) Image search: [Google]
image-3459996.jpg
103KB, 700x451px
>>79575569
Now they are military police / FBI / DEA / border patrol / homeland security / Marshalls in one.

And they also police the police.
>>
File: jtfprisoners[1].jpg (97KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
jtfprisoners[1].jpg
97KB, 400x290px
JTF2. Best SOF in the world that is known. A lot about them is classified.
>>
(Not my country) 707th Special Mission Battalion.

I heard it from my Korean friends that they use elite female members in disguise to infiltrate civilian areas. The early members were trained by Mossad in the 90s.

As far as I know, those veterans from the 707 are used as spies all over East Asia, minus North Korea.
>>
File: 55.jpg (79KB, 621x799px)
55.jpg
79KB, 621x799px
Not soldiers per se but the peculiar Organisation Todt was a paramilitary Construction unit in WW2 that was responsible for such constructions as the Uboat Bunkers in france and the concrete fortifications in normandy and elsewhere. At first sorely made out of German Engineers and Construction personal, later "volunteers" and forced labour from the concentration camps were used under their supervision. In some cases they also were directly involved in combat and combat areas, lacking a distinctive combat uniform as such they had to wear a yellow Armband otherwise they would classify as Partisans
>>
File: 4db.png (60KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
4db.png
60KB, 860x650px
>>79575867
>Best SOF in the world that is known.
kek
literally everyone says that about their own country's specs.
>>
The X Flottiglia MAS (now COMSUBIN), they sunk two British battleships and some other ships in the port of Alexandria with only six guys riding manned torpedoes. Now they are an elite frogmen unit and IIRC they are the ones that are trained to operate at the lowest depth out of all military frogmen in the world (300 meters)
>>
>>79575957
>In some cases they also were directly involved in combat and combat areas, lacking a distinctive combat uniform as such they had to wear a yellow Armband otherwise they would classify as Partisans
sounds similar to current US Seabees and CEC which are pretty much marine-trained construction workers and engineers
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.