[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were they even allowed to join the EU? I was in Thasos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: map_of_greece.jpg (62KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
map_of_greece.jpg
62KB, 466x350px
Why were they even allowed to join the EU?

I was in Thasos for vacation recently, and Greece was the exact opposite of what the media and everyone has led me to believe. The roads were in terrible condition, much worse than in Bulgaria, i saw poor and homeless people everywhere, the service was also not good. Overall my impression is that it was a garbage country. One of my friends was in Athens, and he told me that Athens is like an Arab city, it's dirty, homeless people everywhere and a lot of crime and thefts.

Greece literally survives thanks to German money, if the EU stop giving them money, they would probably be like Egypt, which won't be terribly surprising, given that they are ethnically the same. They have no developed industries other than maybe the Tourism industry which is rapidly declining thanks to the rise of the Tourism industry in Bulgaria and other countries. They are like the Trojan horse of the Eurozone, they should've never been accepted in the first place.
>>
This coming from Bulgaria
>>
>>79563421
Bulgaria is so much better than Greece in pretty much everything. I have almost never seen a homeless person here, and our unemployment is one of the lowest in Europe, and economic growth one of the highest. We also have so many recently build roads, and newly being build all the time, their condition is so much better, even in villages you have better roads. The main road that i had to take for Thasos was crappy.
>>
greeks are subhuman
>>
>>79563653
>I have almost never seen a homeless person here, and our unemployment is one of the lowest in Europe,
Wait, isn't that because all your homeless and unemployed people live in London and Paris?
>>
>>79564321
Bulgarians don't go to Paris. People mostly go to Germany, England and Spain for work, and it's mostly the young people. There are no more than 100K max Bulgarians working in England. The low unemployment is mostly due to investment, and developing sectors, including infrastructure, there are many jobs that locals don't even want to do anymore, many in the Tourism industry are employed from Ukraine, Moldova and other countries. Most young Greeks also left the country, yet their unemployment is over 30%, ours is less than 6.
>>
>tfw Greek Orthodox Christian Byzantine missionaries graced you fucking subhuman snownigger albinochimp Slav(e)s with an alphabet and Christianity only to then have you turn out to be the backstabbing lot you Bulgarian animals are
How about you show some respect and gratitude you fucking unappreciative troglodyte. We should've honestly genocided you, you're the literal niggers of Europe.
>>
>>79564607
Third largest prison population in Greece:Bulgarians for Human trafficking and Drugs.
>>79563918
Go have a coup or something.
>>
>>79565611
Christianity should have stayed the fuck in the middle east, with the rest of those cancerous tribal cults.
>>
>>79566071
*tips saucer of goat blood onto pagan god altar*
>>
>>79563358
It should break the illusion and dreams of what the European Union actually is and could become. Britain, as one of the founders, realized this and left. The rest still lingers opportunistically or delusionally. Turkey will always remain the eternal Turkey.
>>
File: 1499976230249.webm (3MB, 1276x672px) Image search: [Google]
1499976230249.webm
3MB, 1276x672px
>>79566149
Was that what the indians, sorry, NATIVE AMERICANS, did? Pic related is absolutely how the vikings prayed to Mother Svea.
>>
File: greece.png (1MB, 1226x626px) Image search: [Google]
greece.png
1MB, 1226x626px
Random google street of Thassos, looks a good road
>>
File: bulgaria.png (1MB, 1134x648px) Image search: [Google]
bulgaria.png
1MB, 1134x648px
Random google street of Bulgaria
kek?
>>
>>79563358
>Why were they even allowed to join the EU?
Good question, considering our GDP is LOWER than before we entered the eurozone in 2000.

>The roads were in terrible condition,i saw poor and homeless people everywhere, the service was also not good.
I've been to Thasos, you're literally making shit up. Great island by the way. If you said that about Athens, then you could've been right.

>One of my friends was in Athens, and he told me that Athens is like an Arab city, it's dirty, homeless people everywhere and a lot of crime and thefts.
It depends where you live, some places have no crime/homeless/druggies, others are riddled with them and refugees. I live in the suburbs, none of that is present. Also Greece is one of the safest countries in the EU iirc.

And I've been to Arab countries, so so, Athens is not an arab city. It looks like an absolute fucking shithole, sure, but the apartments in the grotesque-looking modern buildings are very comfortable and spacious compared to other countries. Constantinople looks a lot better and impressive, yet its poor districts actually resemble an Arab country, where "living quarters" and "homes" have a different definition from the european one.

>Greece literally survives thanks to German money, if the EU stop giving them money, they would probably be like Egypt
I contest that in light of the fact that Greece was one of the fastest growing economies even before the EU.

>ethnically the same
The modern egyptians aren't greek descendants.

>Tourism industry which is rapidly declining thanks to the rise of the Tourism industry in Bulgaria and other countries
Meanwhile, tourist arrivals are hitting record numbers and greece is projected to be in the top 10 most popular tourist destinations in the world, above Turkey, which is unprecedented.

>They are like the Trojan horse of the Eurozone, they should've never been accepted in the first place.
Agreed. At the very least, we should've gotten out after the crisis.
>>
>>79566007
didnt you have a coup
>>
>>79566850
yeah... back in 1967
>>
They falsified their reports to make it seem like their economy was stable and healthy, but it really wasnt as everyone was dodging taxes and they didnt even have cadastres for fuck sakes.
>>
>>79566822
>greece is projected to be in the top 10 most popular tourist destinations in the world, above Turkey, which is unprecedented.
How the hell is this unprecedented? I always thought Greece was a much more popular tourist destination than Turkey. If true, really a surprising fact desu
>>
>>79563358

They were a shield against Turkey.
>>
>>79566894
What are you smoking? Turkey has consistently been one of the most popular destinations in the world, in 2015 they were top 6, only below Italy (!).

Greece only started booming with tourists in the recent years, hitting 30m+, still not enough for top 10. The reason you think Greece is extremely popular is because our tourist numbers have always been much higher than our population. Currently, with 30m tourists, we're looking at a tourist-citizen ratio of 3:1, higher than any other country in the top 20.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.