[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Americans so bumblasted about 'the government infringing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1-NSA.jpg (51KB, 650x409px) Image search: [Google]
1-NSA.jpg
51KB, 650x409px
Why are Americans so bumblasted about 'the government infringing muh freedoms', but are OK with it when it's the private companies that do it?
>>
Don't care either way.
>>
americans love corporations and would sell everything for them, technically they already have
>>
File: KamoshidaVolleyball.gif (814KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
KamoshidaVolleyball.gif
814KB, 480x270px
>>79562894
I've always had the fantasy ofSoem American MNC just sending heating letters for me to stop doing something likep rotesting for the environment then finally one day sending a discrete undercover militia squad to rape my boyish ass before they kidnap me and sell me off as a sex slave for the shareholders to pass around
>>
>>79562894
Private companies are less untouchable than the government.
>>
Because corporations are people my guy, surely you knew this?
>>
>>79563005
Not really. You can technically become a part ofthe government and influence it in many ways, but companies care only about the market and government regulations - which often don't get introdiced because of the lobbying
>>
>>79562894
What companies are taking muh guns, muh free speech, muh freedom of assembly, etc.?
>>
Anything a private entity does = freedom
Anything the government does = oppression
>>
>>79563042
If corporations weren't considered people by the law, you wouldn't be able to sue them you moron
>>
>>79563081
>Not really. You can technically become a part ofthe government and influence it in many ways, but companies care only about the market and government regulations - which often don't get introdiced because of the lobbying
You can't fight city hall but many people have successfully fought corporations. If they are deceptive, pollute, etc. they usually end up getting fucked by lawsuits. Try suing the government, it's a lot harder to win.
>>
>>79563163
>Try suing the government, it's a lot harder to win.

It has happened a lot though.
>>
>>79563163
You use the common law, so you indeed can sue the government in a way.
>>
I don't. In fact this was one reason why TPP would have been a huge mistake--it would give multinational corporations the right to sue citizens of foreign countries for copyright infringement in their own special courts. That is creepily Orwellian.
>>
>>79562894
Because private companies can implement changes much faster than the government and, in theory, need to compete in order to provide the best value for the population. You can now go ahead and point out that there is no competition in things like utilities or ISPs, but those monopolies are granted by local governments.

Why are Europeans so bumblasted about 'the companies infringing muh freedoms', but are OK with it when it's the government that does it?
>>
>>79563383
>but are OK with it when it's the government that does it?
No we aren't.
God bless EU laws.
>>
>>79562909
He didn't ask for your personal opinion
>>
File: 1483190931116.jpg (60KB, 540x358px) Image search: [Google]
1483190931116.jpg
60KB, 540x358px
>>79562894
I'm buttblasted about both
>>
>>79563447
if you ever lived in country as big as america you will know about freedom
meanwhile you live in literal closet in middle of nowhere
>>
>>79565021
Ah the good old "America is big, your argument is invalid". A rhetorical move worth of Aristotle.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.