[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TIL ... up to 1810 half of the USA belonged to Spain. How is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 31

TIL ... up to 1810 half of the USA belonged to Spain. How is it possible in a country with an educational system obsessed with their own history not teach half of their people where Spain is? I have had in my lifetime to clarify 3 people that Spain wasn't a fancy term to refer to the South American continent. Also the ones I met went "wow, you look really white despite being from Spain" ..... it's as if they expect we look full on latino here. This is so retarded desu.
>>
Why Spain why?
>>
samefag here, I think it's because former british colonies completely subtituted the local populations, instead of mingling with them , so they assumed we did the same in territories conquered in central and south america, and therefore, they expect us to look mexican.
>>
>>79476147
They were spanish in name but barely anybody lived there
>>
>>79476419

It's still a fact carefully dodged when history is taught, making it sound if anything, as if it was a few stray territories in the south...
>>
>>79476147
>>79476373
>>79476419
>notice me USA sempai >_<*
You're NOT relevant. Get over it already you fucking spics.
>>
>>79476480
desu I have no idea what they teach to kids on the states that were once spanish
>>
>>79476518
Okay, my fellow spic
>>
>>79476518
Probably where you live belonged to Spain once, get over it as well
>>
>>79476147
We are taught this, but it's only like one page in a book you read when you're 12 years old.

I am half Spanish and people here really do get Spain and Mexico confused or think they are the same country
>>
>>79476571
>where you live belonged to Spain once,
I'm not sure you want to go there
>>
>>79476602
>I am half Spanish
Which state, senpai
>>
Another thing I find funny is you ask them "who where the first to get to the American continent". Some go with the vikings, that barely had archaeologic evidence in alaska, or they go with "european countries". The first expedition was funded entirely by Spain and lead by Cristopher Columbus. Another fact carefully dodged, since they don't even know about the Castille Crown funding this.
>>
>>79476618
I would neither touch your disgusting territories eww
>>
>>79476682
>spanish reading comprehension
>>
>>79476636
Family had a winery near Barcelona
>>
>>79476699
Nice. For a moment I thought you were really a Chicano but you're legit. Cool.
>>79476671
Another fun fact, Columbus was a retard who treated his men like shit, even Isabel denounced him.
>>
File: Marquette-MI.jpg (433KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
Marquette-MI.jpg
433KB, 1024x680px
>>79476618
My state was French
>>
>>79476618
We never belonged to France, ever. And by the era we are talking about here, half of Europe belonged to spain as well. Notice the red sploshes in the map , compared with the blue ones of the Portuguese empire.
>>
>>79476856
Fucking hell man get your shit together, I was referring to Spain once belonging to arabs
>>
File: 1486706157312.png (30KB, 1058x892px) Image search: [Google]
1486706157312.png
30KB, 1058x892px
>>79476147
>TIL
>>
File: 2[1].jpg (115KB, 1200x310px) Image search: [Google]
2[1].jpg
115KB, 1200x310px
>>79476571
not even once

and the french never even lived here
>>
>>79476856
But they did overtook your government
That's when the Viceroyalties took the chance to declare independence from Spain
>>
>>79476902
Yeah, this is why ISIS is reclaiming back their "Al-Andalus" territories (this is how they called pretty much whole spain) running over people like they did in Barcelona....
>>
>>79476950
And rightly so, and congratulations. What I still can't understand is that they think is either in South America , or they don't even know all toghether.
>>
>>79477016
>And rightly so
Indeed, when Madrid fell New Spain offered Mexico City to host the Spanish royals until they could re take Spain
But they refused and make everything slightly more difficult
>>
>>79477125
Because Fernando VII was a huge massive retard.
>>
>>79477125

Could you offer me accodomations, so I can reconquest a bit of mexicanas pussy? I promise not to take land, only their hearts.
>>
>>79477016
because we fought spain in the pacific and caribean
>>
>>79476147
Because it isn't 1810 and Spain is an irrelevant 2nd world shithole now

no one cares about you
>>
.>>79477240

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_of_the_Spanish%E2%80%93American_War

A war mostly waged, in sensationalistic newspapers...

The wars we actually lost were vs the English. Which is why you are writing to me in English and not Spanish.
>>
>>79477321
This is the actual reason. To say that you bravely fought the British and the tea party and everything, sounds a lot more valliant than "we bought the land to the Spanish Empire, the ones that held the territory".
>>
LOS
>>
>>79476902
arabs never conquered the kingdom of castile, castilians are 0% arab
>>
>>79477544
Even Japan that never had any contact with us back then, know about this shit... this is what I'm talking about USA...
>>
>>79476671
>entirely by spain
In what region of spain is the name Cristoforo Colombo common again?
>>
>>79477605
In the one that paid his wage, the Crown of Castille. Doesn't matter where the guy was from , and I don't think we will ever know.
>>
File: 5ef40c4kk9px[1].png (325KB, 1905x955px) Image search: [Google]
5ef40c4kk9px[1].png
325KB, 1905x955px
>>79477392
>losing a war against the english
sad empire tbqh
>>
>>79477603
i'm dominican
>>
>>79477675
what a meme map, I only see Europeans post with British English maybe 20% of the time

they learn it in school but most of their practical knowledge comes from American vidya and TV
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>79477726
>>79477675

What's next? Civ V maps to illustrate the size of empires?
>>
I never understood this meme desu. Why do Americans have an obligation to care about whatever happens in rest of the world? Its full of third worlders who beg for donations from us. Do you really need attention to make you feel meaningful?

Is it really this much of a sin that we are indifferent to you? I seriously wouldn't be bothered if someone told me that they neither knew of nor cared about my country, because itd give me a sense if comfy isolation and unimportance. Not sure why anyone would cry and get angry at the notion that no one gives a shit about whatever shithole they hail from
>>
>>79477833
it matters because the government does have to care and the government is elected by the people
>>
File: bait(12).jpg (174KB, 1600x1584px) Image search: [Google]
bait(12).jpg
174KB, 1600x1584px
>>79477833
>>
>>79477833
It's not a meme , it's just coming across an iliterate piece of crap. I have a degree in sciences, and despite I done all this shit in highschool and elementary, I sitll know there's a country called Sri Lanka, and another called many others. I think the reason you are not taught geography and such a narrow vision on history that only pretty much includes from the founding fathers and above, is to keep you ignorant and isolated.
>>
>>79477675
>China is more cultured than Japan and SK
Wtf I love communism now
>>
File: giphy.gif (4MB, 459x259px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
4MB, 459x259px
>>79477833
This actually. A lot of foreigners get irrationally angry at the mere thought that an American couldn't name their president, let alone care about their country and it makes me laugh hard. How much of a chip one your shoulder could you possibly have
>>
>>79477991
I don't know who the president is of many countries except maybe the main European ones etc. But I sitll know what Germany is, and the capitals. That's _BASIC_ elementary knowledge.
>>
>>79477927
And why does it matter that im an ignorant, provincial and culturally inward redneck? Why in everything's name do you worry this much about some random American's opinion?

Are you this pathetically desperate for external validation that you have to chimp out dramatically at someone for being frankly unconcerned about you?
>>
>>79477973
it wasn't called Cultural Revolution for nothing :^)
>>
>>79478090
>CARE ABOUT ME
>MY SPIC SHITHOLE IS MANDATORY KNOWLEDGE
>I AM RELEVANT AND WHITE REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>79478122
>>79477991
Why are you on a board called /int/ if you don't care about other countries, cultures, or geography?

>>>/bant/ aka /b/ with flags is that way, fuck off
>>
File: bait(9).png (64KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
bait(9).png
64KB, 624x628px
>>79477927
>>79478090
>>
>>79478122
No I just find it pathetic, is all, and a blatant failure of your educational system. You are the kind of people that gets irked because I don't know where South Dakota is, and other trivia like the internal divisions of your country. This is like I get irked when I tell people that my father was from Cuenca... Oh god! how can you not know where Cuenca is ... god! what's wrong with you ... .:D
>>
We cover it in detail here if that makes you feel better daddy <3
>>
soy el unico a quien el da igual su pais? las banderas y estas cosas?

que mas me da lo que hicieron unos campesinos en america hace 500 aรฑos.
>>
>>79478205
Your post has to be the worst case of projecting on this board. My whole argument is that i literally wouldn't give a fuck if you didnt know anything at all about America, not just individual American states. Unlike you, i dont think that anyone has an obligation to know where South Dakota is, or even what it is.

Your argument is exactly what you're now pathetically trying to accuse me of.
>>
>>79477973
>opiom wars=cultured
>>
>>79476147
>How is it possible in a country with an educational system obsessed with their own history not teach half of their people where Spain is?
Because what's mapped isn't Spain. Just like how you're not part of the Umayyad empire.

There is like a page or two on Spanish colonization of Americas in American history courses, but not much since it's not really relevant to much nowadays. You get more of that history if you live in those Spanish clay areas where Spanish actually lived and made an impact on othe people say California or study Californian history. Then you see the history with the names. Hear about how the Spaniards built shit for the natives, but also killed and raped them. How the Churches were willing to help the natives who converted with housing for the homeless and medicine for the sick, but gave 0 shits about those who didn't and some even went out of the way to persecute natives as savage heathens.

But you see, I'll say this stuff to inform you that it is taught (just not as a major item on a world history class) but you Spaniards will just get butt hurt reply
>muh clay or >american education instead of taking

>>79476370
1. Because Spain is weak. Or if you want to be nice about it. Not strong enough.

2. Spain built it's colonies on mixing with the people (more humane than the Anlgos, but also doesn't work if you see them as half subhumans and discriminate against them)

p.s. A Mexican like you of all people shouldn't be asking this. They lost more of their empire because you cunts rebelled against them than anything else. Mexico was their biggest lost and it sparked a brush fire of other Latin revolutions.
>>
>>79478483
ITT we compared values from the XV century with XXI's century values.
>>
File: 1502466213154.jpg (155KB, 334x334px) Image search: [Google]
1502466213154.jpg
155KB, 334x334px
>>79478205
>this attempt at speaking English
subhuman/10
>>
File: Spain-Football-nazi.jpg (94KB, 350x230px) Image search: [Google]
Spain-Football-nazi.jpg
94KB, 350x230px
>>79478958
See, you're taking it personal and getting butthurt.

I never said what I thought about it.

Even in the context of the lessons. Classroom was mature enough to understand that times were different. Colonization hurt lots of people, but it's important to know and accept that it happened. It wasn't some anti-spain "muh 6 billion aztecs" rally you're making it out to be.
>>
>>79478483
>Or if you want to be nice about it. Not strong enough.
That's really wrong.
The reason Spain went by mixing was because Spain just didn't have enough population to build an Empire the size it did.
The problem with Spain was that it was TOO strong for it's on good.
>>
File: 150533393073.jpg (162KB, 600x626px) Image search: [Google]
150533393073.jpg
162KB, 600x626px
>>79478483
>but also doesn't work if you see them as half subhumans and discriminate against them)
filthy anglojuden slander
>>
File: Sad_frog (15062).jpg (34KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_frog (15062).jpg
34KB, 960x540px
>>79478483
>They lost more of their empire because you cunts rebelled against them than anything else. Mexico was their biggest lost
It was us all time
>>
File: 9382759287395735.png (47KB, 1078x608px) Image search: [Google]
9382759287395735.png
47KB, 1078x608px
>>79477675
Canadian spelling is more a schizophrenic mix of British and US spellings tee bee aich
>>
>>79476520
In California we learn a little bit about it.
>>
>American education
you could sustitute the whole history class with chants of "USA!"
wouldnt make a big difference
they not only have a limited view in history, but also in world education in general and geography
USA education is worth than most other latin american countries like Argentino
>>
>>79479233
It's not wrong. You're taking reason 1 as the cause of reason 2. Reason 1 has nothing to directly to do with Reason 2.

1. Was about how Spain lost the land. From blowing all that new world gold in the Spanish armada which was sunk by the British. Letting France retake Spanish Louisiana. Losing Florida to America. Weakness during the Napoleonic era. Not being able to suppress the revolutions in the new world later on. Most of these occurred because of weakness in Spain. Or if you want to say it more kindly, just not being strong enough.

2. Was about how Spain treated it's new world peoples. Spain might not have saw the new world as colonies but part of itself. Didn't see them as colonists, but Spanish subjects. However, Spanish people looked down on the half-breeds or mixed breeds and more so to the unmixed. This created the animosity that fueled their revolutions against Spain.
>>
File: 1500935785664.jpg (40KB, 442x354px) Image search: [Google]
1500935785664.jpg
40KB, 442x354px
>>79478205
What the fuck, man? Even Hungarians speak better English.
>>
>>79479892
I don't know about other Americans but in my classes we mostly learned about Europe especially during the world wars. American history is glossed over. State histories more so.
>>
>>79479892
American education just focuses more on their own history rather than on other Europeans. You question them on stuff such as Germany before the 1900s and they might not know much about it, however, they'll answer any question regarding their country at full perfection. They're not stupid, they just have less knowledge on other subjects that are not involved with them.
It is justfied calling them stupid when they speak of a subject they know nothing about without even researching it at the very least.
>>
>>79479938
>1. Was about how Spain lost the land. From blowing all that new world gold in the Spanish armada which was sunk by the British. Letting France retake Spanish Louisiana. Losing Florida to America. Weakness during the Napoleonic era. Not being able to suppress the revolutions in the new world later on. Most of these occurred because of weakness in Spain. Or if you want to say it more kindly, just not being strong enough.
>"not strong enough"
That is quite a disingenuous way of saying that a country fighting half the world was "weak". Again, Spain just bit more than it could chew in the long run.
>looked down on mestizos
No, that's wrong. The laws forbidding them from become full citizens was a way of protecting the very small population of the mainland, nothing to do with hatred of disdain.
>>
File: 1498003291131.jpg (546KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
1498003291131.jpg
546KB, 979x832px
>>79479892
>centuries old pasta
Get with the times, for Christ sake.
>>
>>79480484
>That is quite a disingenuous way of saying that a country fighting half the world was "weak".
Starting fights with everyone and then getting BTFO is weak. At least Germany lost to them fighting together. Spain just kept starting shit and getting wrecked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Armada
>portgual and spain VS Brits and dutch
>half the world

>losing florida due to neglect of spanish people there
I didn't know 13 colonies was half the world.

>losing louisana because you lost to the french signing some dumbass treaty you didn't need to
France is 1 country.

Being incompetent at naval warfare, signing shitty treaties, neglecting your own people and lands, and starting wars you can't win isn't the same as getting ganged up on.
>>
>>79480535
i typed myself
whats the pasta
>>
>>79480768
Not him, but it's true we were in a fuckton of constant wars, mostly because of the kraut inbred dinasty.
The majority of wars Spain fought were also won too. The only exception to "Spain starting shit and getting fucked" are only the Spanish Armada and Ferdinand VII's pathetic attempt at reconquering Latin America.
We later stopped innovating our navy and army and got BTFO basically.
>>
>>79480768
>Starting fights with everyone and then getting BTFO is weak.
Are you retarded by any chance? Did you know that Spain was a military world power up until 1763 that had Europe by the balls?
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Armada
>American """""""education""""""
Americans are SO retarded they think this war was the only war Spain took part in, not knowing that Spain proceeding to BTFO England into 1 CENTURY OF BANKRUMPTCY right after the """"horrible"""" defeat of the Armada: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Armada
>Americans are SO retarded they don't know Spain BTFO EVERY European power to take the throne of Portugal
>Americans are SO retarded they don't know that Spain and England were taking shot at Florida every couple of decades and disregard the fact that Spain OWNED all af the American because France and England could NOT stand a chance at invading the Spanish Americas: see "Cartagena de Indias battle"
>lousiana
Do you actually think we gave a fuck about a bunch of dead land right after we lost the war of 1763? do you even know what you are talking about?

>incompetent at naval warfare
This is some next level delusion
>neglecting you own people
Made up fairy tales. Again, Spain just didn't have the population to sustain the Empire in the long run.
>starting wars you can't win
I'm starting to think you don't know how Spain because a Superpower from well over a century, Ameretard.
>>
>>79480981
>Americans are SO retarded they think this war was the only war Spain took part in, not knowing that Spain proceeding to BTFO England into 1 CENTURY OF BANKRUMPTCY right after the """"horrible"""" defeat of the Armada: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Armada
Correction on the link: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invencible_Inglesa>>79480768
>>
>>79477833
Wonder how much of a shithole these foreigners have to live in that maintaining a delusion of global relevance is paramount for their national happiness, and become enraged at people's disregard for their country is a daily activity.
>>
>>79481162
>and becoming* enraged
>>
>>79478483
It was Argentina that first rebelled and South Americans followed soon after, Mexican independence didn't really gain traction until after Spain betrayed the Cortes and the 1812 constitution, which would have granted New Worlders equality, So much for your knowledge of history.
>>
>>79476518
the great am*rican shitposter
>>
>>79480981
spain also killed or caused the deaths of more people than any other empire except maybe the mongols
>>
>>79481473
spain didn't even care about those rebellions, they sent only a few thousand troops from spain to south america
>>
>>79481774
Maybe because we were fighting Napoleon at the time while having two governments at the same time, you dumbass?
>>
>>79476518
ฮคฯฮฑฮฒฮฑ ฮณฮฑฮผฮทฯƒฮฟฯ… ฯฮต ฯ€ฮฑฯ€ฮฑฯฮฑ.
>>
>call Americans dumb retards
>get BTFO by them
>come up with the weirdest arguments
Nice thread
>>
>>79481823
why so butthurt i am merely pointing out facts
>>
File: 1505151594258.jpg (74KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
1505151594258.jpg
74KB, 600x856px
>>79482109
>Call out on someone who doesn't know about the topic
>Correct them
>Why so butthurt?
I dunno.
>>
>>79476147
>Also the ones I met went "wow, you look really white despite being from Spain" ..... it's as if they expect we look full on latino here.
You want to prove Spain is WHITE so badly, that it makes you look Moroccan.
>>
>>79482159
i am well versed in the history of spain
>>
>>79482227
You said Spain didn't care about Latin America and I interpreted as Spain didn't give a shit about it. The fact was that Spain had two governments at the time and in a war against one of the best generals in history while also losing land in the New World.
>>
>>79476147
Stop talking to morons, Spain is one of the easiest countries for Americans.
>>
>>79482162
so you are half-moroccan my dear mongrel? :)
>>
>>79482315
what i meant is that the sudaca rebellions weren't their first priority because they were having a destructive war against france at home and taking huge amount of casualties for the first time in their history, this is why sudacas rebelled in the first place, they were opportunistic
>>
>>79479892
>American education
>you could sustitute the whole history class with chants of "USA!"
>wouldnt make a big difference
>they not only have a limited view in history, but also in world education in general and geography
>USA education is worth than most other latin american countries like Argentino
Are you fucking retarded we have World history as a separate class from U.S. history. We aren't mentioned much in world history. It's mainly Europe, the ME, Central/South American Empires, South Asia and East Asia.
>>
>>79476370
>venezuela
>>
>>79476373
Sub conciously that's exactly it for most Burgers. Ignore the flag. I'm a Peruaner.
>>
>>79476147
Of course, they know or will question themselves some day in their lives why X place has a Spanish name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_place_names_of_Spanish_origin_in_the_United_States

Unlike most of my countrymen here (90%) specially the autistic posters, I don't take if my country gets mentioned or not.
>>
>>79482465
muzzies in iberia never conquered any of the small christian kingdoms in all of the 800 years they were there

the only kingdom in iberia they conquered was the visigothic kingdom and they were germanic
>>
>>79482510
Oh okay, I interpreted it in another way, but yeah that's basically it.
>>
>>79482602
>take care or account
>>
Delet this shitty thread
>>
>>79482562
>Venezuela was under the jurisdiction of the Viceroyalty of New spain since 1521
>The Province of Venezuela came under the jurisdiction of the Viceroyalty of New Granada (established in 1717). The Province became the Captaincy General of Venezuela in 1777.
>>
>>79476147
I'm still surprised to this day to see some Spanish are white. I even saw a blue eyed 'Spaniard' on the internet
>>
>>79479973
I'm pretty sure it's you who doesn't have much command of the English language, seeing that you think that message is so full of mistakes and all....
>>
>>79482515
what do you teach of world history?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_pw8duzGUg
>>
spain was never conquered by muzzies

spain = castile and aragon

the kingdom of castile and the kingdom of aragon were never conquered

it was not a reconquista, it was a conquest

spain conquered muzzies and then oppressed them while invading everyone
>>
>>79483468
this is important to be aware of

the inferior germanics where the ones conquered by muzzies, not iberians
>>
>>79483281
Not him but from what I remember, in four years the Burgers in northeast New England teach this.
>A couple of sentences recited from the teacher on the pre columbian natives and their "history". Since the state required them to teach it but never said how they'd just mention their name where they lived and their interactions with other natives. Native history condensed to a recited paragraph from the teacher.
>The formation of the first colony and how it was a hellhole
>Then comes Plymouth and how they were genocided a bit after the pilgrims had some food together
>Although some colonists managed to be pretty okay buds with their natives while others hated their guts and wanted to kill them all. Later as we got bigger and got more colonies we started blobbing up and killing all the natives and pushing them out
>They taught the kiddies what the word mercantilism went and how the British were getting as many resources as they can from the colonists
>They dealt with it as long as they got a certain amount of autonomy
>Napoleon steps up his game and so the Brits needs to squeeze out as many resources from their colonies as they can
>The English colonies in the Americas by now have created their own political views and culture due to their autonomy granted by the big ass ocean blocking the Brits from easily intervening
>Taxes on everything now even on newspapers and EVEN tea
>Final straw for the colonists because even the tiniest commodity is now being taxed
>Protests happen and when a Brit shot some guy in Boston becayse of the tension in the atmosphere and the ferocity of the crowd. The heat keeps on picking up from there and then the war happens.
>Freedom gained la di da
>Skip to late 1800s early 1900s and talk about worker's rights and woman's rights and go a bit more into detail about woman's rights
Post too long so I'll wrap it up quickly in the next one.
>>
>>79484114
okay so pretty much
>short brief of native americans
>colonialism and some british stuff
>the industrial revolutoin and worker rights
thats not a lot compared to spanish education
>>
spain has killed more muzzies and native americans and invaded more nations than usa

nuking of japan took 200 000 lives

spaniards took 200 000 native american lives in one siege

most nations usa colonized, spain had already been there
>>
>>79484114
>Then go into WWI and how it was never exptected to be one of the most destructive wars ever. Tensions between the Brits and Krauts with their arms race of naval warfare didn't help. The brutality reallys shows with the contrast of the Christmas truce and soccer games between the battling armies in the beginning of the war and the absolute dehumanization, hatred, and wishes of genocide onto the enemy that happens later on due to chemical weapons such as mustard gas being used
>Mock League of Nations was held and we all mostly bantered and teased each other and the representative Armenian community wanted acknowledgement of their genocide by the Turks and the Japanese representative laughed at the idea of a Chinese man representing Armenians
>Japan later gets screwed out of what they're owed and this makes them pissy as hell and this helps the Krauts and Italians cajole Japan into joinig them in the second war
>WWII and how the Mussolini gained his power and made the trains run on time, Hitler's rise, the holocaust, the anti semite views of Western Europeans being explained as because of how medieval laws banned Jews from doing lots of shit so they went into money due to that being seen as a scummy profession. Centuries later they now own the national banks and thry fucked up with a hyper inflation in Germany and shit like that because of the German Civil War instigated by Communists and trans national bankers and politicians wanting to destroy the idea of nationality being a part of the human identity.
>Holocaust, war atrocities committed from the brutality of war although American ones are covered up and instead we read a book of WWII vets talking about the horrible shit they've seen done by the Japs in Iwojima and Germans in the holocaust camps. About how the liberated look like a group if the walking dead, some American soldiers fainted, others screamed with rage, and others wanted to kill the guards. Shit gotta make another post
>>
File: bugs bunny.jpg (83KB, 698x672px) Image search: [Google]
bugs bunny.jpg
83KB, 698x672px
>>79476147
But you ARE brown like mexicans
>>
the unimpressive death toll of usa overseas wars

>inflicted by usa only

>quasi war
>20 killed

>barbary wars
>first; unknown, few hundred casualties
>second; 50 killed

>mexican american war
>6 000 killed, low figure considering there were over 70 000 beaners

>spanish american war
>900 killed, very light casualties considering there were over 200 000 spanish troops

>banana wars
>3 000 killed, also light casualties

>ww1, ww2 and vietnam
>most casualties were inflicted by euros and gooks

>dominican civil war
>300+ killed

>panama invasion
>200+ killed

>current middle east conflicts
>low intensity warfare with few casualties
>>
>>79484541
Oh I just remembered that I skipped a little bit on Cortez and Pizarros's conquests but I'm too lazy to type them out since you probably already know too. Shit I also skipped the colonization of Africa and Belgium's atrocities. Oh well.
>Some more accounts from American soldiers such as the USS Indianapolis' shark party and how Europeans would thank them for coming into they war and saving them because you gotta indoctrinate and stroke that American ego to the kids.
>Statistics on how many soldiers died where a human silhouette represented I think 1000 soldiers killed. When the German and I think Japanese army started going higher and higher you could feel the confusion of how so many lives were lost. The Soviet Union kept on going for I rhink three more minutes and the atmosphere was somber. A quiet class waiting for the sound of ticks that represent the death of soldiers to end for the country that liquified its soldiers into the war machine.
>Went on about what we know such as operation Overlord and its weird coincidences such as that cross word puzzle in a U.K. newspaper using it as an alternative for another word.
>Some other stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head because there was lots of stuff to cover
>Then we go into the Cold War, and Mao's Great Leap forward. Taught us about Mao's political decisions. Watched a Cantonese movie about the life of a wealthy guy becoming a poor lad and shit like that. Sad movie, it's called To Live go watch it. Talked about he proxy wars that the U.S. and Soviets would do. Such as those in Mozambique, Iran, and Afghanistan. Bigger focus on Iran and Afghanistan. Did mock interviews with a host interviewing Mussolini, Hitler, Roosevelt, Churchill, and Mao. More bantering was had between the leaders and how Roosevelt could not walk.
>More Cold War discussions such as Burma being another proxy battlefield.
Shit gotta get another post
>>
>>79484489
ZITTO
>>
>>79484114
thats pretty much 2 or 3 months in Ciencias Sociales (Social Science: History, politics, geography...)
>>
>>79485231
>corteZ

corteS, fucking american dumb...CorteS...with S...HERNAN FUCKING CORTES
>>
File: 1484196143316.png (814KB, 604x717px) Image search: [Google]
1484196143316.png
814KB, 604x717px
>>79485354
shut up spic
>>
>>79476370

Fun fact: Central America was de facto independent during the colony even if it was technically part of New Spain or Mexico, the Audience of Guatemala responded directly to the Spanish Crowd and not to the Viceking of New Spain.

The reason C.A. is not a single country is that among provincial elites there was a lot of friction, specially between the merchant class of Guatemala and the merchant elites of the rest of the provinces, the Guatemalan merchants controlled and dictated all the trade between provinces and between the metropolis and the provinces to their sole benefit,also the provinces had poor communication with each other due to geographical factors, that's why all the provinces decided to fuck off from a Central American Federation sortly after after the independence, create their own nation-states and trade individually with the british.

In the case of Costa Rica for example, during the colony the province had more trade and communication with Nueva Granada/Panama or with the british through contraband due to being pretty much isolated, than with the rest of the Kingdom of Guatemala.

Contrastingly,in the case of the what today is Mexico, the Vice-Kingdom of New Spain maintained effective control of the whole territory, and it had good roads and a rich trade network between provinces that helped the country maintain it's territorial unity after the independence.
>>
>>79481875
SPAnons are consistently one of the most bizarre posters on this board.
>>
literally WE: the thread
>>
>>79485231
Shit just remembered that I skipped the War of 1812, oh well. I also forgot that we had a section on the Great Depression and all the suicide antics the stockbrokers did and those that were fucked out of their life savings when their banks closed down, oh well.
>Talked about Nixon and his scandal, watched forest gump for fun because we had already talked about all points in here.
>Talked a bit more on what went on in the 1980s between the U.S. and the Soviet Union.
>That's all I can remember I think we may have gone up to around the break up of the Soviet Union, 9/11, or to the war in Iraw or Afghanistan. I think up to 2011. Tbis was throughout not just history class but also English class and Spanish class. We were taught about what went on in Spain and England too with the reconquista, the names of certain nobles anf houses, the Jacobite rebellion in England and the failed Catholic bombing plot by Guy Fawkes. I'm missing a lot more stuff but I can't remember much.
>>79485354
Be quiet Benjamin de las Casas.
>>79485336
Give me an in depth description about what they taught you and I bet that you'll forget to put in all of what you were taught.
>>
>>79479751
what the fuck is an oxford spelling
>>
the impressive death toll of spanish overseas wars/conflicts

mentioning one would be enough to greatly surpass death toll of all usa wars combined

>spanish pacification of mexico and peru
>over 30 000 000 dead

there is no war/conflict where usa has caused even a million deaths
>>
>>79479751
yea and australia, and a few european countries (and non hong kong chinese) are too

its hard to find good data though
>>
File: 1484966881724.png (730KB, 900x616px) Image search: [Google]
1484966881724.png
730KB, 900x616px
>>79485152
>ignores south-east asian wars where we arbitrarily murdered millions of innocent people and poisoned the survivors
>>
File: rtjiywa[1].jpg (45KB, 1077x521px) Image search: [Google]
rtjiywa[1].jpg
45KB, 1077x521px
>>79485682
how is more people dieing=better at war?
>>
>>79476147
Because the spanish territories were mostly unpopulated.

The Louisiana territories, especifically louisiana state, has a little of a french thing going on and people are aware of this.

Pretty much everyone else knows that Texas, and California along with a bunch of other states know that they were once part of Spain, but the people weren't, so it's irrelevant to even think about it.

Apart from the names of locations, spanish or spanish culture is not relevant.
>>
>>79485609
in Ciencias Sociales? Its pretty much History + Geography + Some Politics
first year of Secondary (age 12/13) is
>earth
>earth relief
>waters
>weather and climate
>climates of earth
and in history
>prehistory
>first civilizations
>greece
>rome
>europe after the roman empire
we kinda skip visigoths and other post-roman stuff
then its 2nd of Secondary (ESO)
>Feudalism in Europe
>Romanic architecture / culture
>cities and society in medieval times
>gothic art and culture
>al-andalus
>growth of christian kingdoms
>discovery of america
>humanism and renaissance
>barroco era and art
>population and demogrpahics of earth
>modern societies
>the european union and spain
>cities in spain and europe
>>
>>79477240
>spheres of influence
doesn't include mexico, and most of south america.
>>
>>79485927
then its 3ยบ of ESO
>nature / environment
>climates of earth (more advanced than previous years)
>nature and human beings
>societies and their organizatoin
>european union
>political and territorial organization of Spain
>economic organization of societies
>job stuff (primary sector, secondary sector, 3rd sector)
>spanish economy
>globalization
>urban space
>population and migrations
>>
>>79485819
wrong, you killed 50 000+ filipinos and 200 000 died of other causes, and you can't possibly have killed millions of vietnamese because the total killed in the american phase of the war is less than a million
>>
>>79477392
>>79477392
The "sensationalist" media and public outcry forced the US into the war.

But was it "sensationalist." No one has ever proved conclusively whether it was a false flag or not.The people in support of the false flag theory merely use the lack of evidence in spanish involvement as a sign of false flag. But there is zero evidence of false flag as well.

Whoever did it, made it very difficult to know who caused it. Either way, the US populace was rightly outraged at the attack.
>>
File: 1492481633172.jpg (84KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492481633172.jpg
84KB, 1200x800px
why do people care if the USA knows random history trivia, it literally never affects our lives

I can name and locate every country, capitol, and the leaders of said countries and I know a lot of world history but it basically never matters in my life. There are maybe 5 countries worth knowing about for the average american right now (UK, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Germany, Russia) with honorary status for Canada and Mexico due to proximity.

Spain could honestly go Civil War mode right now and it would have no significant effect on our lives
>>
>>79477675
>British English
>Canada
>ARGENTINA
Canadians speak very much identical to americans. they add a "u" here and there but that's it.
Argentines most definitely do not prefer BRITISH english.

China I'm not so sure. But it doesn't feel right.
Chinese that I've met have always been pretty clueless about anything british.
>>
>>79485927
Oh that's why. We teach those in separate required classes such as Earth Science, art, and a few others. I just remembered that I forgot my acncient civilizations class. And by in depth I meant talking about what taught in the class boyo not just saying the subject. You'll forget the minutiae too. I'd like to know what else they taught you and I'd tell you more over here but I gotta go now. Thanks for the info though laddie.
>>
>>79485407
>spic

t. thirdworlder who need their army to controll riots when a hurrican arrives.

kek
>>
File: 1490813306905.jpg (758KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1490813306905.jpg
758KB, 1280x1280px
>>79486021
Total Vietnamese deaths during the American portion of the war range from 1-4 million (its a large range because our massive missile strikes that wiped villages off the map make it hard to get accurate death numbers) and this doesnt even take into account the bombing operations that went into countries like Cambodia and the effect of things such as Agent Orange
>>
>>79486350
You nor anyone can reliably bring number.

The US air force did bomb a lot of jungle, which could or could not have been populated. But the Vietcong also went around massacring small villages and other south vietnamese that didn't outright support them and gave men and supplies for the fight.

The biggest massacres of the war were done by Vietnamese. There is so much death, particularly in the rural areas that is widely attributed to American airpower but at least a good portion was due to Vietcong raids/attacks, and forced conscription of villagers that would then die fighting.

Civilians casualties are always exaggerated in guerrilla based wars like vietnam. Where very few surveyors can even tell the difference between a combatant and a villager.
>>
File: default.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
default.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>79476147
>How is it possible in a country with an educational system obsessed with their own history not teach half of their people where Spain is?
A stupid statement, especially from someone who is supposedly a Spaniard and literally today just found out they had colonies in the New-World.

>>79476520
FL fag

at least here it's viewed positively with Ponce De Leon, Saint-Augustine, pirates and stuff. Your royal family has visited us a few times
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.