[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having studied the history of the formation of the United States

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: calvin_other.jpg (140KB, 404x416px) Image search: [Google]
calvin_other.jpg
140KB, 404x416px
Having studied the history of the formation of the United States from the time of the first colonists from the ship Maiflauer, I came to the conclusion that the main reason for the success of this utopian project is not the idealism of people, the unprofit of unlimited dollar production, the optimism of the first settlers, the idyllicism of the first followers of the Protestant teachings of Jacques Calvin and the strict rules of the first Puritans who crossed the Atlantic, I mean: the path of explicit predestination, the concept of a shining hail on the hill, and the need for free will in choosing between the good m and evil and the subsequent fate of your country in the fight against every totalitarian regime that wants to take away people's right is originally British potektorat, then Konfiderativnaya junta, Imperial Japan, and so on.
- Every day struggle and freedom are something reminiscent of the idea of Jihad. That's why your Protestants are so friendly with the extreme Islamists, the Salafi type, This is the key to understanding why Saud is so close to you. Arabia and Wahhabis, and not Iran and its Sufi.
My question to you is: what place in your life does the idea of explicit predestination have, are you ready to give your life to the freedom of strangers, for example, North Koreans or black Africans?
I just want to hear the opinion of Americans who are still wearing a providentialistic spirit.
>>
>>79384049
mate this is /b/ with flags not the agora
>>
didn't read senpai
>>
>>79384049
Predestination is a heresy
Calvin is a filthy dog

/thread
>>
>>79384346
You speak like a Catholic
>>
>>79384565
I am Catholic
>>
>>79384049
Blow off, Weber
>>
>>79384049
Good post wasted on a shit board.

I see that you are also a social scientist major who is suppossed to write his thesis but instead got stuck on /b/-with-flags?
>>
>>79384565
>>79385367

Catholics Can believe in Predestination. What they can't, is believe in double Predestination. That some people are predestined for salvation and others are predestined for hellfire.

The heresy is saying some people are predestined to hell by God. Because it is similar to saying God created them for their condemnation.
>>
>>79384346
Just playing devil's advocate, but how can both predestination be false and God be all-knowing?
>>
ignore the haters and the other haters

predestination plays a large but hidden role in the american ideology

all the new-age protestantism have some form of predestination, for example the church trump is a member of is basically predestination for the rich

but this is another question entirely when it comes to predestination as a matter of dying for others, the american method has always been to use the ideas of freedom and sell them their own lives, they must die first before we do, the earned freedom so to speak

with the black africans, the two governments one up another on trying to grant privileges to freed and enslaved blacks for the shortage of men, materialism still trumps ideology of the purest

i am not a providentialist so you are going to ignore my opinion anyway
>>
>>79386905
because God let us keep our freedom we stole
God expelled Adam and Eve. if he didn't want humans to have free determination then he could have killed Adam and Eve instead and make new humans
>>
>Maiflauer
>>
File: 1476872290890.jpg (464KB, 994x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1476872290890.jpg
464KB, 994x1600px
>>79384049
>implying I'm a protestant
>>
>>79384346
>>79384565
I am a protestant and I don't believe in predestination. Calvinist teachings are shunned by American protestants.
>>
>>79384113
i love you
>>
>what place in your life does the idea of explicit predestination have
I don't really know how to answer this
>are you ready to give your life to the freedom of strangers, for example, North Koreans or black Africans?
There is a universalist streak to Americans ideology but also remember its deeply conservative elements, especially in contrast to other Westerners.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.