[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a tourist in Japan and I love Japan. Am I supposed to tip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (19KB, 477x308px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
19KB, 477x308px
I am a tourist in Japan and I love Japan.

Am I supposed to tip in Japan or is it considered rude?
Today I bought a kawaii Kirin magnet.
Does Kirin still mean anything besides it being used in games and on beer bottles here?
>>
File: japs.jpg (205KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
japs.jpg
205KB, 640x464px
>>
>>79313921
I'm a real gaijin.
>>
Do you love Japan
>>
>>79314860
Yes
>>
>>79314165
This is what everyone imagined though. Even "Do you love Japan" guy was confirmed not Japanese and not even living in Japan.
>>
>>79313904
go to roppongi if you want to tip
>>
>>79313904
As a foreigner, your job is to impregnate as many Japanese women as you can. I read somewhere that 30+ women there seek out gaijin for baby making. Is this true?
>>79314860
Yes
>>
>>79315090
Why so many people want to impersonate Japanese?

>>79315214
Does 30+ refer to age or amount?
>>
>>79313904
>Am I supposed to tip in Japan or is it considered rude?
You don't have to tip. I've lived in Japan for my entire life till today and I've never paid tip. Tipping exists in special occasions like when you stay in traditional style inn as far as I heard.

> kirin
Are you talking about giraffe? Kirin could mean giraffe and the fictional animal god. But in most cases Kirin means giraffe. The fictional animal god is only used by the beer brand.
>>
>>79315678
>>79315682
Ok, I see.
An elderly lady refused our tip so we were not sure.

Yes the animal God, it's also in Nikko temple. But used nowhere else?
Is Kirin literally translated to giraffe?
Why is the god animal the same name as giraffe?
>>
>>79313904
If you leave a tip in Japan, they will run after you and try to give you your money back, thinking you forgot it and misplaced it on your table.

Then they will keep bowing until they shit their pants. True story

tl;dr: don't tip in japan you fat bitch
>>
>>79316338
How about in Vietnam?
How difficult is it to obtain a 10 wife there?
>>
>>79316202
Wikipedia says that once upon a time the Chinese emperor sent explorers to Africa, then they brought back the animals including giraffe, then the emperor liked the giraffe and called it Kirin since giraffe looked like the animal god Kirin. That's why girafffe is called Kirin in Korea and Japan today.
>>
>>79317142
Ah I see, interesting fact.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.