[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a meme that only The south/certain parts of The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0760.jpg (133KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0760.jpg
133KB, 1533x961px
There's a meme that only The south/certain parts of The US are very religious. But even Maine, the least religious US state still has a weekly church attendance rate of 31% (almost 1/3 of maine goes to church every week). Which is way more than most western european countries.

Why is literally every part of the US way more religious than western Europe?
>>
>>79234597
Aren't Spain and Italy higher than 31% on average?
>>
>>79234615
They're barely western. But i sid say most western european countries, not all
>>
>>79234597
Americans are dumb, so they go to church. Europeans are smart, so they don't go to church. Not really a hard concept to grasp.
>>
>>79234597
In Europe, churches were merely an instrument of state power for a long time, which probably contributed to a cynical outlook towards them in general. In the US, churches are entirely divorced from the state and have been at the center of many important social movements thoughout our history. We simply have a different relationship to religious institutions than most Euros.

>>79234736
Or maybe we're just dumb. Who knows?
>>
File: 1366855055013.png (241KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1366855055013.png
241KB, 500x375px
>>79234597
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Awakening
It's because of this
>>
>>79234654
They're still developed countries and they were part of early Western Civilization at the very least. If anything, they didn't really develop further in the Industrial Revolution so that could possibly why they may be "less Western" compared to countries that developed greater come Industrial Revolution
>>79234736
*tips fedora*
>>
Reminder that the death of Christianity in the West only allows for Islam to conquer even more easily
>>
Because we still believe in God?
>>
>>79234654
You're barely western you Somalian shitstain.
>>
>>79237222
>Flag
>>
>>79234597
inshallah
>>
>>79234615
>Spain is in southern europe so it must be religious and conservative
Retard. How many times we need to tell you guys we're actually a far left shithole.
>>
I personally don't attend church or subscribe to any major religions, I think most people attend church as a social event. I just moved to a small town and I'm considering joining one just to be more active in my community.
>>
Church attendence doesn't really correspond with spirituality which is more important for gauging a world view/state of mind.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.