[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans call liberals left and call leftists liberal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Why do Americans call liberals left and call leftists liberal? I understand they never had real leftists in USA in serious amounts, but why do they project their bipartial shit on the rest of the world? It's so fucking retarded. God, they call Merkel leftist, they call Die Linke liberals in Germany, they call Navalny leftist in Russia while he's a pure liberal.
>>
>>79166625
ΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΔΑΙΞΣΑΙΞ;Ε32ςΡΙΞΟ3ΕΦΞΙΠΟΜΡΛΕΚΓΩΗΤΡΦ034'59Π3ΟΛΚΒΦ3ΟΉΦΝ4ΟΤΓΕΓΦΤΟΗ4ΥΤΠΟ3ΕΠ5ΤΙ3ΠΤΙ3ΠΤΟΙ3ΙΤΟΠ3ΝΦΓ3ΠΙΟΝΨΩ3ΟΠΙΝΩΟΡΕΝΩΡΟΩΡΩΝΕΟΡΟΕΩΝΕΝΟΩΟΕΟΩΝΕΝΟΝΟΩΕΝΟΟΟΔΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΣΑςΕΕΕΕΕΕΕΕΕ
>>
>>79166625
Americans don't understand real world politics
They are brainwashed anarcho capitalism propaganda
>>
America's lexicon is all bunked up. When Americans say "liberal" they mean progressive. When Americans say "conservative" they mean liberal. Don't even get my started on misuses of the words corporatist fascist, racist, ect. It's just something living here I got use to accepting even if I don't like it.
>>
>>79166759
>When Americans say "conservative" they mean liberal
Not really, actually liberal in most of the world means you're close to American Republicans economically while you're close to Democrats socially. Their bipartial system creates retarded artificial ideologies.
>>79166672
It's always funny to read Americans complaining about leftists while an overwhelming majority of so-called American "leftists" support capitalism and barely can be called social-democrates. I wouldn't even mention that their country is a world center of capitalism exporting neoliberal ideas worldwide.
>>
brain damage due to circumcision
>>
I wondered about this too.
Why reinvent terms that already exist in your language?
>>
>>79167198
It can be understandable in USA because they have no leftists so they call liberals leftists (while actually majority of their parties are both liberals, ones are just more conservative socially, others are less). But why do they project their shit on the rest of the world?
>>
In my country being conservative and liberal it's the same. Leftist parties hate (neo)liberalism.
>>
>>79166759
1984 was NOT a guide book, okay?
>>
>>79166625
Liberalism as an ideology that concerns itself primarily with freedom, so in the current American political landscape (since the 1930s) this translates into 'freedom from want.'

You shouldn't overly conflate it with Neoliberalism or Classical Liberalism. Modern US Liberalism descends from Classical Liberalism like Neoliberalism does, but has a different focus. The two are somewhat in opposition to one another since Neoliberal 'ever freer markets' can conflict with Modern Liberal 'freedom from want' in certain situations.

More fundamentally, the US is insanely rich and always has been as a natural consequence of geography, so we generally don't need central planning or aggressive income redistribution schemes to make a large majority of the population prosperous. So our political spectrum has always been one kind of liberalism versus another kind of liberalism.
>>
>>79166625
Because Americans generally suffer from brain damage and arrested education
>>
>>79167777
>large majority of the population
>prosperous
AAAAAAAAJ and such.
>>
>>79167968
The fact that even retarded chicanos like yourself can flourish is a testament to American prosperity.
>>
File: thinkalong.jpg (23KB, 402x431px) Image search: [Google]
thinkalong.jpg
23KB, 402x431px
>>79166950
>artificial ideologies
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.