[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best places in the world to legally paint graffiti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: melb.jpg (173KB, 940x705px) Image search: [Google]
melb.jpg
173KB, 940x705px
What are the best places in the world to legally paint graffiti and street art?
>>
>>79159323
pretty much your mom's belly
>>
North korea obviously.
All vandals deserve to have their hands cut off and killed by a firing squad.
Remember, only babies love scribbling on walls.
>>
I heard there were graffitis everywhere in Italy and Germany.
>>
>>79159365
Funny because the council pays me to "scribble" on walls but okay.
>>
>>79159323
Technically you can anywhere you find some abandoned property. Nobody is going to be ok with graffiti artists tagging their property. I've seen people hire graffiti artists for murals.
>>
>>79159453
>Nobody is going to be ok with graffiti artists tagging their property.

They can be if you just ask.

You do get assholes that get pissed off though...

Which is ironic because the people who get pissed off with you asking for permission are probably the same kind of people who hate illegal graffiti.
>>
>>79159323
Only faggots paint legal shit
>>
>>79159521
You get to a certain age when you don't want any trouble.
>>
File: images.png (8KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8KB, 229x220px
>>79159558
>tfw 36 and did a panel couple weeks back
>>
Plus legal stays up longer.
>>
>>79159323
wtf I love hijab now
>>
>>79159662
Is it hard to do panels in Finland?
>>
>>79159662
Helsinki?
>>
>>79159685
I'd say it is pretty hard cos train system is so damn small...if you actually know your shit you might know good spots to do them.

>>79159716
Turku
>>
File: 0_a73a8_d586d604_XXL.jpg (245KB, 1024x621px) Image search: [Google]
0_a73a8_d586d604_XXL.jpg
245KB, 1024x621px
>>79159323
Ahahaahahahahah
>>
File: 122224342.jpg (3MB, 4912x3264px) Image search: [Google]
122224342.jpg
3MB, 4912x3264px
>>79159323
Don't know about the world but we got pretty nice graffiti in the old town part of Limassol. Every year there's like an event where young artists come to paint on the walls
>>
>>79159323
My neighborhood
>>
>>79159945
Only young ones?
>>
>>79160006
No doesn't have to be of course, the dude who painted the mother and child is an older man I think. It tends to be younger people doing it but doesn't mean it's just exclusive for them
>>
>>79160071
Is this a paid one or are they volunteers?
>>
>>79159504
>You do get assholes
Isn't that being too harsh? Let's say you're a property owner with an appreciation for subversive art, that still doesn't mean you may want to volunteer a particular wall in your posession. It might simply don't work out for your intended use for the building which could very well be commercial, nevermind it could fuck up a project you've been working to develop a specific aesthetic on (eg traditional architecture) and then there's the matter of taste. Is the guy asking permission showing you a portfolio? Is he showing you a specific plan for what he intends to do? Maybe it just so happens you don't agree with his specific politics, etc.

Now, I've seen some brilliant works of grafitti in my lifetime (a specific run down house in Patriotismo avenue on Mexico City comes to mind) but for the most part is 905 plus shit, and this includes walls specifically given by local government to artists, many of those guys simply lack talent.

An overwhelming majority of graffiti however is just dumb fuck signatures which make the urban environment for the people who have to work and live in those areas 10 times worse. Quite a few of that is marking territory for criminal gangs which only makes it worse. There's abundant legit reasons to hate graffiti.

Now, if you do actually seek to improve the environment people live in or do actually have a message (anything) you want to express through art then you've gotta be ok with a lot of your art being ephemeral (most of the places where it's worthwhile to place don't really allow it anyway) and you've gotta be ok with the idea you may get caught and face consequences.

>>79159323
>What are the best places in the world to legally paint graffiti and street art?
Certainly not rural places in the US where everyone and their moms got guns. Outside of that you may want to look at penalties, I'm thinking Scandinavia might have relatively soft laws.
>>
>>79160121
I'm not too sure, never got the chance to participate in the festival (kinda dumb, I live real close by). I think it is also a chance for artists to sell some stuff or make themselves more known.

It's call Street Life Festival in Limassol, so you can look it up if you want more information
>>
>>79160179
>Isn't that being too harsh?

Yeah, you can just say no thanks instead of being a dick about someone trying to follow the law.
>>
>>79160179
Small correction, just realized OP wants legal (started answering a comment down the thread) it depends on what architecture you like to paint on and where are you more likely to find it easier to have people be ok with your intervention, small sized cities with tourists might be one of the best bets as graffiti can be an easy way to decorate something like a small shop or cafe for near free.

In Mexico a lot of colonial architecture has murals on it, they won't allow anyone who isn't a well respected artist to get anywhere near those however and they would only be more strict with foreign artists.
>>
>>79160311
I don't think asking for previous samples and to see a proposal is being a dick. You will have to prime and seal that wall and do maintenance on it for the rest of your life, if you're going to live with it might as well be something you actually like.
>>
>>79160465
I don't think you get what I am saying.

People swear at you and threaten to call the police for asking to paint things legally.

Most don't but you get the odd fuckhead...
>>
Come here! We welcome artists from around the world.
>>
>>79160643
Oh, I see, I agree those are dickheads
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.