[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even Putin make fun of Americas geographic knowledge. American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Even Putin make fun of Americas geographic knowledge.
American posters, i know that just a few of you guys don't know shit about the world. But why is so aggravating in your society? You guys don't have maps in school? Don't have geography classes?
>>
What is the vetting system for American diplomats like
>>
>>79127161
I read about Trump complaining about diplomats don't be able to understand the language of the country they have being assign.
>>
We simply don't care about the rest of the world as much as the rest of the world cares about us.

My geography knowledge personally is great, and I've never had to try all that hard to learn where places are, so I can't quite tell you why other Americans seem to struggle with it.
>>
Be good in school Satan will send you to the NETHERlands.
>>
File: FLAOT1.png (1MB, 980x910px) Image search: [Google]
FLAOT1.png
1MB, 980x910px
>>79127399
>>
I think Americans are just more insulated from the rest of the world. I could only identify a few nations just by their flag before flags were added to /sp/, but within a year after that, could easily identify hundreds of flags.
>>
>>79127365
>>79127569
Haven't you ever curiously glossed over an atlas/gmaps or read Wally's World
>>
>>79127708
Don't think that's appropriate usage of glossed over, maybe flipped over
>>
>>79127365
>it's that burger who thinks he speaks for every burger in Burgerland
>>79127113
The typical American really only care about a country if it's in the news for a while. Half of them never bother looking into other countries, and if they do, it's because of the news/ some netflix series. A lot of Anericans base their knowledge about a country off of a movie they watch that happens to be there.

For example, I have met people who think Germany is still Nazi Germany. I have met people who think they're smart for saying Czechoslovakia- and will shit themselves when you tell them that the Czech Republic and Slovakia split after the Velvet Revolution.

In general Americans know: United States, England, Russia, Germany, Australia, and Mexico.
>>
>>79128220
>they're smart for saying Czechoslovakia
Keked.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.