[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I doubt anyone here knows the answer to this, and I imagine it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: shitty stock image.jpg (8KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
shitty stock image.jpg
8KB, 297x170px
I doubt anyone here knows the answer to this, and I imagine it varies a lot around the world - but how does citizenship by descent work long term?
For example, my ancestors moved from the UK and Switzerland to Australia in the mid 1800s.
The children born here were most likely able to have the citizenship of their parents (complications of Australia being British back then anyway aside), how far does this extend? Can citizenship just be passed down from generation to generation this way?
I don't really give a shit, but it's just something I was curious about.
>>
>new world anglomutt going on about MUH CITIZENSHIP

Yikes!
>>
>>79083877
>mid 1800s
you're shit out of luck mate, nothing extends that far down descendents.
>>
>>79083924
>snow nigger surrounded by actual niggers thinking i want to leave this sunny paradise
It's just an academic question, I'm not moving to your sharia continent.
>>79083928
I figured, I've just found it hard to really find any writing on the matter, it seems to be just an assumed thing without any legal context from what I can gather.
>>
>>79083959
>Islam in Australia is a minority religious affiliation. According to the 2016 Australian Census, the combined number of people who self-identified as Muslim in Australia, from all forms of Islam, constituted 604,200 people, or 2.6% of the total Australian population,

yeah cunt we don hav fookin shari ere xDD
>>
>>79084184
Didn't you just have a knife of peace enrichment on the same day as Barcelona?
>>
File: FINLAND IS WHITE.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
FINLAND IS WHITE.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>79084184
Ayy lmao
>>
>>79083924
We are literally having a constitutional crisis because of muh citizenship, which is why foreign citizenship is in the news here and is why OP is curious.
Section 44 of our constitution, among other things, forbids sitting members of the federal parliament from being citizens of a foreign power. This was all fine while Australians were British subjects (which for the purposes of S44 was up until the 50s almost) but started to be a pain in the 1990s when the High Court started strictly defining a foreign power as any country other than Australia and a bunch of countries loosened their definitions of automatic citizenship by descent because muh diaspora muh international law muh westerners can't keep their dicks in their pants
>>
>>79083877
how about you look up the citizenship laws for each country
>>
>>79084235
yeah i surely couldn't find any nutty leftism like that in australia

>>79084199
yes, even the US had a stabbing not long ago. it's evident, however, that the risk of getting victimized by a muzzie terrorist attack is much greater in australia. were we to take all of mama merkel's pets in, we'd still have proportionately less muslims than you. finland (i bet norway too) is safer in respect to terror threats compared to australia. look up any source if you think i'm making this up
>>
Don't know about Swiss, but I think British citizenship only goes down to grandparents
If you have relatives born on the Island of Ireland, you can get citizenship from your great grandparents but it requires certain people to have taken up Irish citizenship at some point
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.