[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand how an ouragan can do this in America.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 2808_houston-highway_0.jpg (46KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
2808_houston-highway_0.jpg
46KB, 600x400px
I don't understand how an ouragan can do this in America.

I thought America was a superpower and was rich enough to build good infrastructures able to resist to the most violent ouragans and floods.
>>
I kept thinking you said orangutan at first
>>
>>79041436
Being able to put the plan to do infrastructre on the table isa gargantuan task.

Also some states are complete idiots in regards to dignify repairs and projects.
>>
File: hh.jpg (54KB, 624x618px) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
54KB, 624x618px
hurricane's don't usually stay in one place and drop 4 feet of rain

houston is known for lax zoning laws so they built up around the marshes and rivers where it was going to flood the most
>>
>>79041436
Do you know what a hurricane is?
>>
Infrastructure in America is garbage. Part of the price of being so "free".
>>
>>79041489
>houston is known for lax zoning laws so they built up around the marshes and rivers where it was going to flood the most
Why did they accept a savage urbanization?
>>
>>79041546
muh small government I guess
>>
Please explain to me how any amount of infrastructure or zoning laws can mitigate having over a trillion gallons of water dumped on you in a matter of days.
>>
>>79041731
Well if you didn't build in "at risk" zones and built good dams, good house roofs... there would have been less damages.
>>
>>79041452
Orangutans are legally encouraged to wreak havoc in the US nowadays
>>
>>79041436
Houston is one of the biggest and fastest growing cities in America.

They have very poor regulation and allowed people/corporations to build on the floodplains that the water from floods used to drain into. They've made the floods far worse for themselves.

And they didn't make it mandatory for people living IN the floodplains to get flood insurance. So a lot of people are completely fucked.

All in all, they have made this problem far worse for themselves and fucked over a shitload of people with their lax regulations.

>>79041604 muh small government indeed (and muh money grubbing corporations)
>>
>>79041731
By making sure people don't build on the areas which are prone to flooding and, more importantly, where floodwaters drain into. If they hadn't built on (and therefore destroyed) the floodplains, the floodwaters would have had somewhere to go. Still would have flooded, but wouldn't have been as bad.
>>
File: Capture.png (27KB, 1024x328px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27KB, 1024x328px
infrastructure is just too expensive
>>
This storm dropped the most rain IN AMERICAN HISTORY

It also doesn't help that the city is on the coast and subject to extreme storm surge. If europeans had serious hurricanes maybe they'd stop making ignorant fucking posts like this
>>
>>79041436
Poor planning
Little regulations
>>
>>79041877
Are you saying that destroying the floodplains has had no impact?
>>
>>79041961
I'm saying that any coastal city hit by this motherfucker would have been underwater, american or european

Europeans just have literally NO extreme weather that can compare to us so they have no idea what it's actually like. then they'll say
>WELL WE HAVE REALLY STRONG WINDS IN THIS AREA OF MY COUNTRY SOMETIMES
to try and prove you wrong
>>
>>79041877
Luckily we didn't cut down all our forests because we're not British so we don't have to worry about that
>>
>>79041992
well they've succeeded in making you mad at least
>>
>>79041877
The best analogy I've seen:
It's as if a marine got hit by an airstrike, and people say it's his fault for not wearing a helmet.
>>
>>79042292
Nah, it's like a Marine got hit by an airstrike, lost all his limbs but could have saved his arms by wearing a type of armor and then got assmad people called him out on that.
>>
>>79042009
what does forest have to do with anything? all trees do during hurricanes is turn into house-seeking missiles, they're torn out of the ground
>>
>>79042560
except no armor would protect your limbs from a fucking airstrike
>>
>>79041436
Kek, now they will have to send all those poor niggers back to New Orleans again and repeat the cycle.
>>
>>79041731

europeans are fucking idiots
>>
>>79041436
We haven't had a hurricane make landfall in nearly 12 years and no one really expected one to ever slam into Texas.
>>
>>79042582
Yes but it's a hypothetical you retard, change airstrike to "hail of bullets", "honorable samurai with a katana" or "pack of niggers". Whatever your autistic ass needs to make sense of the analogy
>>
>>79042631
Except Katrina rekt Galveston. Soooo, you're dumb.
>>
>>79042656
Ok so what could have been done to stop flooding from a storm that dropped the most rain in american history?
>>
>>79042670
Galveston is an island

So no, it is YOU who is the dumb
>>
Texas refused to help the East Coast for Sandy.

Texas cry like a baby for federal aid.

Why are Texans such ingrates?
>>
File: 2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg (176KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg
176KB, 800x588px
>>79042703
Republicans are universally pieces of ungrateful shit
>>
It sucks to be on the edge of the world, we get all the hurricanes. Europe is lucky to be at the center of the map
>>
>>79042711
>Mississippi white conservatives should be grateful for federal tax money allowing their niggers to breed more
k.
>>
File: 14453526565790.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>79042711
HOYY DOYYYY the LOWER TAX PEOPLE PAY LESS TAX GUH HYUH ISNT THAT WEIRD
>>
>>79042937
edgy and also terribly uninformed of the bunghole that is Mississippi.
>>
>>79043003
b-but clearly the only people that use federal highways are the locals!
>>
>>79043003
pretty sure these are federal taxes

it doesn't even matter though, that's why I called you pieces of ungrateful shit
>>
>>79043060
>you
making fun of your dumb image and showing how dumb you and it are, and you become hostile, very interesting and a-typical of your kind. :)
>>
>>79042686
Having not built on and thus destroyed the natural protections against flooding?
>>
>>79043213
So basically what you're saying is just demolish shit that has been there for nearly 200 years because we should have expected that in 2017 the worst storm wrt rain would hit

Man we should have KNOWN
>>
>>79043233
Nips got it right and Peru too though.
>>
>>79042689
It's texas you fucking retard, you said no one ever expected it to slam into texas. Maybe be more clear? "non islandic texas" or something you fucking ape with a keyboard.
>>
>>79043432
>nips got it right
Then what the fuck happened with Fukushima? They built a nuclear plant on the god damn ocean
>>
Is it still happening or has the disaster ended already?
>>
>>79043233
>200 years
Yea, no, a lot of that was built in the last 30
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.