[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Singapore the closest thing to paradise? A lot of money,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 31907122516_77d4023ada_h.jpg (260KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
31907122516_77d4023ada_h.jpg
260KB, 1600x900px
Is Singapore the closest thing to paradise?

A lot of money, no crime, women lust over western males, a weather that lets you be sportive and in the streets all year around...

Anybody visited it? Anybody living there?
>>
File: the-pinnacle-at-duxton-1.jpg (322KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
the-pinnacle-at-duxton-1.jpg
322KB, 1200x800px
>>79035258
>>
spain is better
>>
>>79035258
>tfw only 5% western genetically
>>
>>79035258
>commie blocks everywhere
>paradise
>>
Come to singapore as the chink getting out of there
>>
they have a lot of weird laws
>>
>>79036244

Nah. Their economy is superior. The only downside to Singapore seems to be high costs of real estate.
>>
>>79035258
In Japan the island that the closest to heaven is believed to be New Caledonia.
>>
>>79039502
>New Caledonia

Their natives seem a little savage, though
>>
>>79039527
The days of violence there seem to be long over. Besides, they natives are getting outpopulated by Polynesian immigrants from nearby islands who are not at all interested in the whole "muh kanaky" gimmick. Not only that, but becoming quite a wealthy place, and thus the proportion of Europeans isn't going particularly downwards (and they're almost equal in number to the Kanak).

And if you ignore the Kanak chimpouts as well as the few mining sites, then New Caledonia does indeed seem to be quite heavenly.
>>
DISNEYLAND WITH THE DEATH PENALTY
>>
Singapore is the cleanest and most well behaved place I've ever been to, but it comes with a unsettling air of sterility. It's the kind of place you don't want to spend more than a few days in, as the attitude of the city does weird things to your mind.

There doesn't seem to be any culture. Even in Chinatown or Little India, they seem to be quarantined locations where a certain level of "otherness" is permitted, but strictly within the unspoken Singaporean social code. For fun the locals just go to one of the billlion shopping malls, or go out eating. There's an obsession with consumerism that even America can't match. When I went to a theme park it seemed just as real as walking along the streets in Orchard Road.

It was nice having cute Asian girls hitting on me, and it's nice that they're all fluent in English, but there's something so strangely fake about the place that is off putting. For me, Hong Kong is the real Anglo-Chinese city. It's not as clean or as perfect, but it feels less like an amusement park.
>>
>>79040083
hmm interesting. I've always had thoughts that our city is simply built to impress, silhouetted as a city built as an prototype; a fabricated city if you will, something conspicuous about it that felt excessive at times.
>>79039964
I love reading his works especially Neuromancer. He pretty much sums up Singapore in that mini analysis
>>
>>79035258
Friend of mine opened a crêpes stand there, ended up opening a restaurant and then multiple of them
Now he is a multi millionaire
>>
>>79040401
>silhouetted as a city built as an prototype; a fabricated city if you will, something conspicuous about it that felt excessive at times
I wonder if SG people have the same feeling if they go to Dubai or so? I got the same impression in so many cities in Gulf countries
>>
>>79040083
>For fun the locals just go to one of the billlion shopping malls, or go out eating.

I live in Spain and I do the same. Or go to the beach, go jogging, etc. Same as in Singapore.

It's a city state. What else would you do? It's the same everywhere.
>>
>>79040721
>What else would you do?
Come here and do this then run over our fire hydrants for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzgKRRwMHYk
>>
>>79035258
>Is Singapore the closest thing to paradise?
*breathes in*
AHAHAAAHAHAHHAHAA
>>
>>79040890

That's a very strange video.
>>
>>79040992

In my country there are street thieves that have commited the same crime 50 times and still dn't go to jail.

As long as they steal less than 400€ from you, they are free. So they do the same thing again and again.

Our government tried to change that and the judges didn't let us (?¿?¿?!!?! the fuck??!).

I prefer Singaporean way.
>>
>>79041004
Shaking the car to supposedly maximize fuel pumped in.
All our neighbours,pirates, terrorists and their mom keeps coming to take our fuel, sugar, flour, onions and everything subsidized.
>>
>>79041057
You want to swap places?
>>
>California and Tokyo also have disneyland and the death penalty
>Gibson was here for a week, a month?
>Asians should live in squalor because it's more authentic and less sterile
I don't like the Singapore government on many issues but such reports are really patronizing, especially when visitors only see the tourist spots. There's plenty of filth and seediness in Singapore.
>>
Any where is a paradise if you are only a tourist.
>>
File: 1476058436814.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1476058436814.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>79041456
I feel like it's the remix of the whole "you can be like us but you'll never be truly equal to us" kind of thing Westerners have. There's always something missing that no matter, no matter how developed or great you are what you will never be an equal always a facsimile. Some vague x-factor...a "soul".
>>
>>79035258
what's wrong with Spain?
It looks paradise to me
>>
>>79041601
unemployment
>>
There's many Singapore girls at my school. Why do they like Chads so much :(
How to get a Singapore gf?
>>
>>79035258
>women lust over western males

really?
>>
>>79041898
Most girls like Chads. That's why they're Chads. Impress her with your horseback archery skills.
>>
>>79041601
denbs
>>
>>79041943
There are other chinks too, but they speak shitty english. I wonder how they got in the first place
>>
>>79041057
Oh that explains the petty crime meme in Spain. You can walk around with 5 grand on you in Manhattan and not get robbed even by violent coercion but those pickpocket faggots will steal 4 euro worth of coins from you. Sickening mate, agreed.
>>
>>79041200
Ironic that a Malay of all people would accuse Singaporeans of being trash. You are literally the underclass of Singapore.
>>
Lived there for 15 years 2bh
>>
File: 20140707_dorm-thebad_ST.jpg (96KB, 1200x781px) Image search: [Google]
20140707_dorm-thebad_ST.jpg
96KB, 1200x781px
>>79042036
There's discrimination against Malays but talented Malays can still do well for themselves. The true underclass of Singapore are the low-skill foreign workers who get screwed by scummy employers while the Government turns a blind eye.
>>
>>79042036
t. Chink in Australia run away from Singapore
>>
>>79042245
What's the deal with Singapore?
I went the F1 in there last year.
>>
>>79042245
>Australia
>Mat Rempit education
>>
>>79035258
t. chink on vacation
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.