[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iranian food >Turkish food > Mexican food > Indian food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 22

File: tacosakura.jpg (59KB, 476x547px) Image search: [Google]
tacosakura.jpg
59KB, 476x547px
Iranian food >Turkish food > Mexican food > Indian food > Japanese food
>>
>Iranian anywhere on the list
putting pomegranate sauce and saffron on everything does not constitute a cuisine
>>
t. Iranian
Stop fooling yourself
>>
english food > foreign food
>>
>>78957625
All your list is shit tier garbage OP
Chinese food #1.
>>
God-tier: Iranian and Indian
Simple-but-good-fast-food-tier: Mexican, Turkish
Stale-tier: Japanese
>>
>Indian food being so low
Get outta here
>>
File: Paella.jpg (104KB, 480x328px) Image search: [Google]
Paella.jpg
104KB, 480x328px
>>78957625
Spanish food beats any Middle East country
>>
>>78958088
Iranian food is so much better than Spanish food.

Any random Indian province has a better cuisine than any European country, let alone Spain.

Kill yourself you rapebaby.
>>
Greek food > whatever disgusting pig feed the rest of the world eats
>>
>>78958123
Iranian diaspora?
>>
But guys.....
Chinese food is #1
Indian food can come #2 or #3 ok?
>>
File: samosas.jpg (1024KB, 1580x1063px) Image search: [Google]
samosas.jpg
1024KB, 1580x1063px
>>78958659
Chinese food is gross + MSG filled, sometimes too salty or sweet. PF Chang

IMO Indian food is good, but it's not comparable to this list - that's like saying "North American food > China food > Turkish food"

India is basically a continent, so it's probably better to separate it out by states / regions

I enjoy south Indian food (like samosas/pastries), but can't find any good places here in Idaho
>>
File: chinesefood.jpg (262KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
chinesefood.jpg
262KB, 600x801px
>>78957877
>>78958659
>Chinese food #1

I thought nothing could taste worse/more artificial than Teriyaki, but then China swoops in and makes food that manages to taste more artificial, slimy, and stale
>>
File: indiandesserts2.jpg (71KB, 650x573px) Image search: [Google]
indiandesserts2.jpg
71KB, 650x573px
>>78959362
Indian desserts tend to look like jewelry
>>
>>78959446
That's because of excessive use of dry fruits and also because most of our desserts have a coating of silver or gold on it
>>
>>78957875
>english food
What is english food? Fish & chips? Meat in bread?
>>
Iranian food(excluding the kebabs) are just shittier versions of indian food
>>
File: Comida Mexicana.jpg (4MB, 4000x2658px) Image search: [Google]
Comida Mexicana.jpg
4MB, 4000x2658px
Just finished this, lads, in case you are wondering
>>
>>78957625
>Iranian food

is NOT halal

my dad routinely makes chicken with plums and it's so bad. Fruit and meat do not mix, unless we're talking about tomatoes. Also, those rice piles (pilav) themed around a single vegetable that are so popular in that region may conform to European tastes, but they're the dullest food I've ever tasted.
>>
>>78960183
More like sandwiches,insta ramen and hot dogs if you're poor as fuck like me.
>>
File: What Mexicans actually eat.jpg (2MB, 2350x3090px) Image search: [Google]
What Mexicans actually eat.jpg
2MB, 2350x3090px
>>78960277
I've been there lmao
>>
>>78959446
they reminded me of candlewax more than anything, and they somewhat tasted like it too. Indian puddings aren't terrible tho.
>>
>>78959994
*superior version that doesn't make you shit
>>
File: MY BYLI.jpg (51KB, 361x360px) Image search: [Google]
MY BYLI.jpg
51KB, 361x360px
>>78957625
I am Iranian
>>
Not trying to be mean but what even is Iranian food? Kebab? Isn't that Turkish?
>>
>>78960183
What are these darkened eggs in a soup? Looks nice.
>>
>>78960508
All Turkish food comes from Iran and all Balkan food comes from Turkey.
>>
>>78960355
anything bland won't make you shit ofc, doesn't cleanse out your intestines with all those spices

iranian food will constipate you for days
>>
ITT: anons discussing about food they never tasted
>>
>>78960183
Our smallest state has thrice the size of cuisine than this
>>
File: Relleno Negro.jpg (135KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
Relleno Negro.jpg
135KB, 850x567px
>>78960533
It's called "Relleno Negro" (black stuffing), The original recipe features turkey, ground pork (on a meatball), tomato, chilmole (a type of sauce based on dried, burnt, red chilies), achiote (a plant), pepper, cloves, cumin, oregano, epazote, garlic and boiled eggs.

It's typical from the Yucatán peninsula.

>>78960684
Cool, ours as well.
>>
>>78957875
>English food

Tea and chips?
>>
>>78960684
It's hard to compare the food of "India" to the food of other countries since India is basically a bunch of countries.

It's like comparing USA food to French food, instead of comparing, say, Louisiana (Gumbo) or Texas (BBQ) or Washington (Teriyaki/Sushi) to various countries.

When someone says "do you prefer American food or French food", it's so vague, since American food can mean anything from Pizza to Sushi (it's a ton of foreign countries in a melting pot)

Pretty sure it's similar with India (saying "Indian food" is much vaguer than saying "Japanese food" or "Chinese food")

I think India should break off into a bunch of countries and become like an EU, they could call themselves the Desi Union or the Indian Union or something
>>
>>78959446
They're very sweet, almost cloyingly so. Not a big fan. Good if you have sweet tooth though.
t. Pajeet
>>
>>78960902
Colored people can't into peaceful neighborhood, so unless you don't want your troops to be deployed and being killed into a middle eastern shithole like middle east in divided India, then trust me you wouldn't want that.
>>
>>78960902
India is basically a bunch of countries mashed together while Mexico is 2-3 countries put together.
>>
File: Indigenous Mexico.jpg (705KB, 1153x847px) Image search: [Google]
Indigenous Mexico.jpg
705KB, 1153x847px
>>78960902
The only reason Mexican food is considered an "Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity" by the UNESCO is because it is incredibly diverse.

Mexico (and Mesoamerica) were the origin of some of the most widespread spices and crops from the entire planet (tomatoes, corn, beans, chocolate, vanilla, pumpkins, turkeys, pretty much every single fucking chili pepper, avocados, fucking popcorn etc.), no less, with several fruits, animals and veggies that aren't eaten that much outside of here (guavas, mameys, zapotes, epazote, quelites, huachinangos, escamoles, charales, jaibas, white tailed deers, agaves, etc.). As well as being home of between 10 and 12% of the entire known species of flora and fauna of the entire planet, and we fucking use that in our cuisine. And since, I can only assume (as this things existed here before Spaniards arrived) trade existed between the Americas in the pre-Columbian times, we also had early access to other crops that originated in the Americas (peanuts, pineapples, potatoes, sweet potatoes, guanabanas, etc.)

All of this got enhanced by the Spaniards, the spices, and everything they got in here during the Columbus exchange, not to mention their pretty fucking great cuisine in itself (to which we share and owe many dishes).

And with all of the above, nuns living in the thousands of the Catholic convents that existed in New Spain and later Mexico, had to be incredibly creative in their cooking if they wanted to please the Viceroy of New Spain (the most important Viceroyalty)

So, while I don't doubt India's diversity, underestimating Mexico is a mistake.

>>78961207
Wrong, there were more than 60 different tribes and civilizations in Mexico prior to European colonization. Again, you are underestimating Mexico. I don't know about India, so no comment on that, but you don't know about this place either. By a long shot.
>>
>>78961203
European nations weren't all together in state of peace with each other either until somewhat recently. It might do India good to have direct competition with neighbors. An Indian analogue of NATO can help deal with the threat that is China.
>>
>>78961266
And I forgot to add, we were pretty much a puppet state of France at some point as well, with a Habsburg Emperor and everything. So yeah, also that.

And finally, this 400 dishes, dairies, bakery, and beverages list >>78960312 is by no means everything this country has to offer.
>>
>>78961269
Well Europe wasn't surrounded by radical Islamists and slanty eyed communists either.
>>
>>78961266
Northern Mexicans were hunter gatherers and Central/Southern Mexicans lived in cities and practiced agriculture. Also, Central/Southern Mexicans used the same ingredients.
>>
>>78957625
t. Iranian
>>78958088
This
>>
>>78961434
What's your point when Mesoamerica was the origin of so many different crops, selected, domesticated and cultivated for thousands of years from between 10-12% of the entire species of living things in the planet having available crops form other places in the Americas (Incas) before almost everyone else?

I feel like I didn't write anything.

>tomatoes, corn, beans, chocolate, vanilla, pumpkins, turkeys, pretty much every single fucking chili pepper, avocados, fucking popcorn, peanuts, pineapples, potatoes, sweet potatoes, guanabanas, guavas, mameys, zapotes, epazote, quelites, huachinangos, escamoles, charales, jaibas, white tailed deers, agaves, etc

And that's just without what the Spaniards and French introduced
>>
>>78961534
Because India in comparison traded with other civilizations that existed in different climates. Mesoamerica is a humid or slightly dry mountainous climate with flat lands near the coasts
>>
>>78961643
AND? Mexico got everything else after the Spaniards. They, along with the Portuguese, which at one point united their empires in a single one during the colony period, controlled the entire global trade.

The Philippines was also part of New Spain, and it along with Acapulco, and Veracruz in Mexico, traded between each other and Spain for centuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_galleon
>>
>>78961643
>Mesoamerica is a humid or slightly dry mountainous climate with flat lands near the coasts
Also, this is an understatement.
>>
>>78961721
The only thing Mexicans got from Europeans is basic stuff like pigs, cows, wheat, etc. Spanish food has nothing to do with Mexican. It'd be like saying Italian food is indigenized because the tomato is a common ingredient. Or Irish food and potatoes.

What is so unique about a taco made with wheat or a stew made with chicken instead of turkey (indigenous)?
>>
>>78957625
this country may be a shithole but nothing rivals it's food
just a few off the top of my head
>spicy lahmacun with lots of lemon and ezme
>iskender kebab
>ali nazik
>yayik ayran
>kunefe for dessert right after all this (shitton of calories tho)
>>
File: Rosca de Reyes.jpg (135KB, 1007x545px) Image search: [Google]
Rosca de Reyes.jpg
135KB, 1007x545px
>>78961823
>Spanish food has nothing to do with Mexican
Ah yes

>what is chorizo
>what is a mazapan
>what are churros
>what is menudo/pancita
>what is moronga / morcilla
>what is arroz con leche
>what are dulces de membrillo
>etc.

Dude, this place was literal "New SPAIN", you really are not an expert, stop.

The French also introduced their bakery, we even almost went to war because of a goddamn French Baker was a cunt.

And we don't call magos "manila" just because.

>>78961748
Also, there are more variety of climates between North and South America (two different hemispheres at the complete opposite season in completely different latitudes) than it is between left and right in Europe and Asia (several times, at the exact same Latitude)

It's no coincidence that most of the Megadiverse countries on the planet are in Latin America (Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, Ecuador, etc.).
>>
God tier:
Lebanese/Syrian
Italian

Nice Tier
Mexican

Tolerable Tier
Real Chinese (not crap takeout)
German
English
Spanish

Shit Tier
Japanese
Fr*nch
>>
>>78957625
What are some good Iranian dishes? Pics please
>>
File: Ghormeh_Sabzi.jpg (254KB, 1200x896px) Image search: [Google]
Ghormeh_Sabzi.jpg
254KB, 1200x896px
>>78962895
>>
File: Spinach_&_plums.jpg (192KB, 800x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Spinach_&_plums.jpg
192KB, 800x1059px
>>
File: 1024px-Asheanar.jpg (180KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Asheanar.jpg
180KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>
File: Mirza-Qasemi_dish.jpg (172KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Mirza-Qasemi_dish.jpg
172KB, 1024x768px
>>78962895
I won't post all of them because it would take way to long.
>>
>>78962988
>>78963047
>>78963029
Looks like someone dropped various ingredients together.

First image brings back memories of eating kidney beans without chewing, same with the third image but with pomegranates. I can't imagine there are many varieties of spices in those dishes either.
>>
File: chaat.jpg (17KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
chaat.jpg
17KB, 201x251px
>>78962858
Supreme Tier:
South Indian food (or wherever "Chaat" is from)
>>
>>78959362
Samosas are actually north Indian appetizers /snacks.
Dosa are South Indian.
>>
>>78959407
Come on, all ethnic dishes have some dish that is disgusting. I think the American Chinese dishes are the best.
>>
>>78960508
I believe kebab is actually Mediterranean food.
>>
>>78963134
what's that made from? looks nice
>>
>>78963134
Chaat is also North Indian appetizer.
>>
>>78963227
No idea, but it's somewhat popular in Washington and tastes amazing (it has like, tamarind, yogurt, some spices, it's crunchy on the outside and liquid on the inside like a gusher, it's very cooling)
>>
>>78963134
>>78963227
>>78963348
Dats dahi bhalla indian dish, has curd/yogurt, tamarind sauce, green chilli, coriander and peppermint sauce, soft part is fried washed moong pulse paste and hard part is deep fried corn flour
>>
File: 1.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
Foodtism incoming:

Moroccan food > French food > Indian food > Mexican food > North Italian food > Thai food > Turkish + Leb + Palestinian food > German food > El Salvadorean food > Hungarian food > Ethiopian food > Portuguese food > Iranian food > South American food > Spanish food > Eastern Euro food > British food > Japanese food > Balkan food >>>>>>> South Italian food > Filipino food > Chinese food > Sub-Saharan food > Korean food >>>>>>>>>>>> Oceanic food > Swedish food > Finnish '''''''food'''''''''''
>>
>>78963492
Moroccan food? What is that, like, rice, bread, and dates?

French food is bland imo, but looks amazing and fancy

India should be split into South/North (where South food > North food)

Korean food should be higher, if KBBQ counts
>>
>>78963526
>Moroccan food? What is that, like, rice, bread, and dates?
Look it up. It's god-tier, the fusion of numerous cuisines and trade routs. Typically the main courses are meat-based dishes with honey, fruits, nuts, olive oil, garlic, cinnamon, various other spices, and couscous or a crusty bread.
>French food is bland imo, but looks amazing and fancy
It's not heavily spiced, but it's comfy. Same reason why I love Germ cuisine.
>India should be split into South/North (where South food > North food)
good point
>Korean food should be higher, if KBBQ counts
idk, it's a criminally overrated cuisine imo, especially if you're taking non-BBQ dishes into account. Lots of throwaway meat cuts and poverty produce put together in unappetizing ways.
>>
File: Moroccan_couscous2006.jpg (669KB, 2592x1475px) Image search: [Google]
Moroccan_couscous2006.jpg
669KB, 2592x1475px
>>78963658
Looked up Moroccan and found this.

Didn't know Couscous was Moroccan, I like the texture. Idk about the dishes though, I enjoy the individual ingredients, but at least from this image it looks kinda basic to me

Do you have any dishes that exemplify the cuisine as a whole?
>>
Man, I'm hungry
>>
>>78963706
Oh, it's anything but basic.
Some standard dishes are chicken bastilla, lamb m'rouzia, braised hare, and any tagine dish, moroccan eggplant salad, and mint tea.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.