[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the concept of Blanqueamiento/Whitening exist in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0826.jpg (760KB, 2160x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0826.jpg
760KB, 2160x2560px
Does the concept of Blanqueamiento/Whitening exist in your country?
>Blanqueamiento or whitening, is a social, political, and economic practice used in many post-colonial countries to "improve the race" (mejorar la raza) towards an ideal of whiteness.
>It was widely accepted in Brazil between 1889 and 1914, as the solution to the "Negro problem".
>Symbolically, it represents an ideology that emerged from legacies of European colonialism, which caters to white dominance in social hierarchies.
>Biologically, it's the process of whitening by marrying a lighter-skinned individual in order to produce lighter-skinned offspring.
>>
why the fuck does the guy look so smug??
It looks like he considers himself superior to his wife or something??
>>
>>78920647
Actually, in that particular painting, not only he thinks that but his mother-in-law (black old lady) agrees and is thanking god for her grandson being "white"

It was done by spanish painter Modesto Brocos and describes the brazilian whitening solution perfectly
>>
and how is it going so far, any white southern american country yet? i will need to move in the future
>>
>>78920235
no, because I'm white.
>>
>>78920235
That smug motherfucker proud he bleached his wife and his grandmother-in-law praising the Lawd
>>
that old lady looks like my great grandmother. it's funny because my family, by the years, it's getting more white.
>>
>>78920235
it legitimately should. Mulatto or Quadroons with white fathers should be considered part of white culture
>>
>>78923002
lol whats the point of the term white then? how the fuck can half black be white?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.