[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you learn in a world history lessons in a school in your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

What do you learn in a world history lessons in a school in your country?
Russian learning of world history is retarded because it's focused on Western Europe only. Of course it's an important region but we learn little to nothing about Eastern Europe, Byzantium, Ottomans, Steppe and other regions which were way more relevant for our history. Instead we learn about War of Red and White rose in England what makes zero sense in my opinion.
>>
Western European history is the only one that's worth learning in todays schooling world.
>>
>>78855799
I can't say for Russia but learning about anything other than western europe would be pointless for us unless you want to be a history major.
>>
>>78855799
Here in Sweden we learn about pretty much everything
Everything from the stone age (or older) up to modern history.
Was my favorite classes and the reason I'm a historian/archeologist now.
>>
>uneducated russian bydlo being uneducated
I feel ashamed for my country fellas.
>>
i always got shit scores in history because i wrote about finnish kings and how we knew metallurgy in 800 ce and how rurik was a finnic vikang prince. Go figure
>>
>>78855799
>we learn about War of Red and White rose in England
They never even mentioned it in school, the only they told us only about Byzantium, ancient Egypt, ancient Greek&Anatolia states. And letter there was a numerous stuff about revolutions in Europe, like defenestrations of Prague, French Revolution etc. Also a little bit of America, mostly Boston Tea Party.

t. 2010 graduator
>>
>>78856102
What about the hyper war? They must teach that?
>>
>>78856007
>historian/archeologist
Based Sweden. I would like to be a historician too but I am an engineer because being historician in Russia would result in starvation or working as a school teacher at 90%.
>>78856128
Seriously? That's pretty weird actually. In most of schools it's about Western Europe. Also our teacher was WWII geek so all the 10th grade if I remember correctly we learned WWII in a classes supposed to be world history classes.
>>
File: 1490191531516.png (81KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490191531516.png
81KB, 308x302px
>>78855799
>we learn little to nothing about Eastern Europe, Byzantium, Ottomans, Steppe and other regions which were way more relevant for our history.
>we learn about War of Red and White rose in England
Wait, what?
>>
>>78855799
>prehistoric and archaic ireland
>medieval ireland
>ancient Rome
>classical greece
>Medieval Europe
>voyages of exploration and colonial expansion
>renaissance
>American history, founding, independence, civil war and so on
>industrial revolution
>Irish rebellions and the famines
>ww1 ww2
>modern irish history
>>
>>78860358
interesting topics
>>
>>78855799
like 90% is weimar republic / world war 2 / cold war
>>
Austria-Hungary
>>
File: 1503890711743.jpg (4MB, 2800x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1503890711743.jpg
4MB, 2800x3500px
>>78855799
HISTORY IN RUSSIA:
5th grade: prehistoric and ancient history: mostly Egypt, Babylon, Greece, Rome till 476. Little drop of China and India.
6th grade: medieval: migrations, dark ages, European kingdoms, Byzantium, Califate, crusades.
Separately - russian history till Ivan the Terrible.
7th grade - New World, renaissance, reformation, revolutions in Europe, USA.
Separately - russian history: 17-18 centuries.
8th grade - 19th century in the wowld and in Russian empire.
9th grade: 20 century in the world and in Russia. First World War, Depression. Monroe doctrine, WW2 and shit, Cold War and shit.
It's not difficult to note that in 7th, 8th and mostly in 9th other places then Europe and USA are mostly irrelevant colonies for almost 5 centuries.
>>
File: russkaya-baba-yaga.jpg (110KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
russkaya-baba-yaga.jpg
110KB, 1000x800px
>>78856007
How much classes of history every week do you had in school to learn "pretty much everything"?
>>
File: 1503376144485.png (12KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
1503376144485.png
12KB, 236x214px
Average American history schooling goes as follows:
>Basic US and native American history
>State history (varies state to state, like in California we learned about the Spanish missions and Aztecs and what not)
>Basic world history (Stone age to 1960s)
Then you enter middle school
>Deeper look into American history, mainly revolution through Civil war
>Deeper world history, focusing on Mediterranean, Egypt, Mesopotamia
Then High School
>Full world history from Stone age to current, but focusing mainly on Europe and the Americas
>European History specific class, mostly English and Germanic
>American history advanced class, covers pre colonies all the way to 9/11, focusing mainly on world wars and cold war
>>
>>78855799
It's basically Mexico +Western Europe, the rest of the world might as well be footnotes and that includes the US and South America

Pretty detailed on Rome, the renaissance and the enlightenment in my school at least, went into a lot of detail on the French revolution
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.