[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious, what are the big grocery store chains in your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: sobeys.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
sobeys.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
I'm curious, what are the big grocery store chains in your country? In Canada the biggest two that I know of are Sobeys and Loblaws (which owns a ton of different named grocery store chains like Zehrs). I'm even curious about the States, the only one I can think of down there is Walmart.
>>
Saw the thumbnail and thought it was publix and you fucking let me down

In the US the best chains are publix and wegmans, we literally have a deal with wegmans where they won't expand south and we won't expand north because people love us both so much and competition would just be stupid
>>
tesco, auchan, metro, spar, aldi, lidl, penny market and some local ones like coop and CBA
>>
>>78854429
k-market, lidl and s-kanava
>>
>>78854454
>In the US the best chains are publix and wegmans
I've never heard of either of these stores in my life.
>>
walmart doesn't count as a grocery store desu, though they are making "community markets" more to appeal in gentrified areas

we have shitloads but i only have experience on the east coast and the rockies. up north we have giant, acme, superfresh; south we have kroger, publix, wegmans, piggly wiggly, winndixie. whole foods is also getting bigger across the country.

ive seen one aldi and one lidl, but I doubt they're popular anywhere in the us. i just assume non-first world countries have bazaars and farmers market more than chains
>>
>>78854639
Then you must live out west where the best chain is fucking Trader Joe's lmao

Publix and wegmans are both consistently ranked the nations favorite grocery stores every year and with good reason
>>
>>78854736
Wegmans is north not south
>>
>>78854429
in australia the two biggest ones are coles and woolworths
>>
>>78854429
biedronka, lidl, carrefour, kaufland, żabka
>>
>>78854429
who cares? they all sell the exact same shit anyway
>>
>>78854429
The fuck is loblaws and zehrs?

Sobeys yeah, and probably save on foods, and safeway, and walmart
Some smaller chains like giant tiger and nofrills i guess too
>>78854788
>WE GOTTA GO DAHWN TA WOOLEEZ
>>
File: 1498928441731.jpg (117KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498928441731.jpg
117KB, 900x900px
>>78854458
>>78854612
>>
File: 1499913247902.jpg (231KB, 516x722px) Image search: [Google]
1499913247902.jpg
231KB, 516x722px
>>78854429
In Southern California stores like Vons-Pavilions-Albertsons, Ralphs and Sprouts are the big stores. Ralphs is lower middle class segment, Vons-Pavilions-Albertsons group which is owned by Safeway is the mainstream middle class brand, and Sprouts is the upper middle class brand that seems to be the busiest here.

We also have Bristol Farms which is high end, usually only found in areas with a $100,000 average income or higher bracket or Whole Foods which caters towards liberals.

We also have Food 4 Less, which sucks but is cheap. There are two big Hispanic chains here; El Super, who sells electronics too and Big Saver. El Super is Mexican owned and the shittier discount brand. Big Saver is run by Mexican-Americans and is the more premium brand despite the name, though is just middle class by US standards.

We also have Marukai markets, a niche Japanese-American chain which caters to primarily Japanese tastes but also has some stuff specifically for general Americans, Koreans and Mexicans. It's very high quality, predominantly US/JAP made and has middle income pricing. Probably the best bang for you buck regarding meats but they don't sell much cheap stuff and there are only a few

Trader Joe's is the US branch of Aldi and features cheap imports. I go there for middle eastern and scandinavian food for cheap.

Target and Walmart our two major general stores sell groceries now too.

I'm an upper Middle-Class Mexican-American in an upper middle income suburb just North-East of Los Angeles. I go to Ralphs for cheap staples like rice, corn, soups and pasta; I get canned foods, premade foods, bread and microwage meals at Pavilions, get my meats at Sprouts and do the rest of my shopping at Marukai. Target is only used when the other places are closed. I go to Bristol Farms for specialty foods when I'm going to be prissy about quality.
>>
>>78854771
Wegmans is fucking awesome. I wish we had them in California. They'd probably do well in the Bay Area. I suspect they'll launch here in the next few years.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.