[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the odds of an American poster being of pure(98+%) British

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 63610865228058399576644.png (22KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
63610865228058399576644.png
22KB, 612x491px
What are the odds of an American poster being of pure(98+%) British heritage?

It's gotta be below 1% surely?
>>
They would have to be from New England or Appalachia (unless you mean English rather than Anglo in which case just New England)
>>
Relatively low considering there hasn't been large scale British immigration to America since the 1700s

But a fair amount certainly have some British heritage.

And even if it's not there genetically our culture is still anglo.
>>
>>78776358
>New England or Appalachia

Mate you don't know what your talking about

New England consists of a shit ton of Kr*uts and *rish, and the Appalachia region is primarily *rish and Italians.

Place like Middle/Coastal Virginia have a lot of British heritage though.
>>
>>78776331
0% we are a proud mediterranean nation
>>
>>78776421
Absolutely
>>
File: including-unreported1.jpg (4MB, 7129x3833px) Image search: [Google]
including-unreported1.jpg
4MB, 7129x3833px
>>78776331
>What are the odds of an American poster being of pure(98+%) British heritage?
Parallel to odds of him being a mormon.
>>
< 0.5

Hundreds of years of intermixing

Most white americans are german

Most of the anglos moved here after the revolutionary war
>>
File: 678678.png (224KB, 319x269px) Image search: [Google]
678678.png
224KB, 319x269px
>>78776331
for only non-hispanic whites it depends on what part of the USA they're from. most parts are german. new england will be english/dutch/irish/french. north midwest is scandinavian. the rest of the USA is nonwhite. I live in Pennsylvania right now which is right below new england and it's entirely german with some people speaking german at home. The USA isn't entirely a jamal rapesalot shit fest. I am discarding the large metro areas as they are all multi-cultural retard zones.

pic related has full british ancestry, came to USA in the 1600s and lives in new england, just as an example.

>>78776390
ditto with this, there are parts of the south that have pockets of irish/english but it's mostly non-whites. they're too spread out to count.
>>
none america belongs to the gael
>>
>>78776390
>Appalachia region is primarily *rish and Italians

Italians? In Appalachia, what the fuck are you talking about? Do you mean the Pennsylvania coal region? That's barely in Appalachia

and Scots-Irish are not Irish
>>
New england is actually more british than modern britian, but the rest of the USA is irish or german
>>
File: the gael enters the thread.webm (2MB, 978x550px) Image search: [Google]
the gael enters the thread.webm
2MB, 978x550px
>>78776532
this 2bh
>>
They are Germans as hell
>>
>>78776562
>New england is actually more british than modern britian

not really, there was a pretty massive exodus of New Englanders during the 19th century to the upper Midwest among other regions because New England is mostly terrible farmland. I don't think I need to tell you what happened to the urban areas, like Boston
>>
>>78776630
the irish are british though
>>
>>78776331
it's 50/50. Either they are pure british heritage or they aren't.
>>
>>78776673
>the irish are british though

by whose fucking reckoning? Irish will not say they're British; Brits will not say the Irish are British

besides Britain and Ireland are generally considered different islands
>>
>>78776673
Please stop making my country look dumb. Faggots like you are why we get the bants extra hard.
>>
>>78776722
the irish were british for a long time
northern ireland is still british
>>
>>78776745
You mean the
>United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland?
AND Ireland. They were only British citizens under a technicality of nationality and phrasing
>>
So if Americans aren't even British then why do they think they're white?
>>
>>78776784
your accent is by far the most annoying js
>>
>>78776783
dont even know where to start with this post
>>
>>78776738
kill yourself you insufferable hipster faggot
the irish are british
>>
>>78776738
cringe
>>
>>78776331
Really low, and 98% of anything seems impossible in modern society anyway. I have an Anglo last name with only 50-65% English ancestry (and Scottish thrown in with that number for maybe 5%).

Did no one other than the Brits ever immigrate to Australia? Or was it just the war brides?
>>
>>78776878
fuck off with your microaggression tier feminine insult
>>
>>78776821
because you don't have an argument but want to try and correct me because I'm an American and corrected you
>>
>>78776917
the irish are british
>>
>>78776924
for one, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland hasn't existed for 95 years, after that I didn't think it worth my time
>>
>>78776977
I didn't say it was currently existing you retard. You said;
>the irish were british for a long time
>were

"were" is the past tense. By the past you were likely referring to the United Kingdom when it included the whole of Ireland. It was called the United Kingdom of Great Britain *and Ireland*. Great Britain *and Ireland*. So obviously, Britain is separate than Ireland or it would simply be called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland would be assumed to be part of it. Owing to this, referring to the Irish of that period as "British" is just a technicality of their citizenship in the United Kingdom, it's phrasing, it wouldn't even technically be correct
>>
>>78776946
no they aren't. the most you can say is that some northern irish are part of the UK. that's it. Irish are NOT british.
>>
>>78777032
>>78777038
>>78776722
Kek, plastic paddies are real!
>>
>>78776914
Initially it was almost entirely Brits, so there are still areas (especially rural) that are close to 100% Brit heritage. Obviously people come from all over now. Sydney is probably the least white
>>
>>78777054
you're stupid, I'm not Irish, I'm more Anglo-Saxon than 90% of this thread including the fucking Brit posters. You and this Brit cunt have literally no argument and this Brit is turning to basically sophistry to try and refute mine by ignoring it and trying to pretend it doesn't make sense
>>
>>78777032
But britain is just the bigger island though
great britain = england+scotland+wales

they're all british, as is northern ireland
>>
>>78777054
i'm german and speak german at home, AKA more german than at least 10% of the german countries population
>>
>>78776814
that's a weird name for a script
>>
>>78777197
ALRIGHT "CUNT" YOU KNOW WHAT
>>
>>78777111
>they're all british, as is northern ireland

They're in the "British isles" but the islands are Great Britain and Ireland. Few people would have called the Irish "British" even during their time in the UK and it would be considered incorrect then and now no one does

are you now referring to some late modern concept of "British" that doesn't exist?
>>
>>78777192
Where are you? the upper Midwest?
>>
>>78777248
I don't even know what you're arguing, any "country" part of the UK is british
UK=Great Britain+Northern Ireland=England+Scotland+Wales+Northern Ireland

all four of those countries are part of the UK and are british
>>
>>78777269
Pennsylvania
>>
>>78777371
are indians british
>>
>>78776471
This map is extremely misleading. Most of those people reporting as "American" are actually of Northern English descent, their families have been here for so long (like 200-300+ years) that they've stopped identifying with their English ancestry entirely. Also, German ancestry is absurdly over-reported and English ancestry is absurdly under-reported.

In 1980, 49 million Americans claimed English ancestry and 22 million Americans claimed German ancestry. In 2000, 24 million Americans claimed English ancestry and 45 million claimed German ancestry. Unless there was an Anglo genocide that we all missed, people are lying.
>>
Gabhaigí mo leithscéal, my name is Mór Cináed.

I'm a 27 year old American Hibernophile. I write ballads on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my poetry and watching superior Irish telly (Father Ted, Republic of Telly)

I train with my Armalite every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through Saxons because it fires at the rate of 750 rounds per minute, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my firearms license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Irish fluently, both Cló Gaelach and the Galway dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Irish history and their tanist succession laws, which I follow 100%

When I get my Irish visa, I am moving to Dublin to attend a prestigious University to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a producer for RTÉ or a fiddler for the Dubliners!

I own several léine, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Ireland, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Irish as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Éirinn!
>>
>>78777802
good post
>>
>>78777468
not part of the UK and never were, no
>>
>>78776331
>average american
About 10%

>average american poster
0%, they're all either literal nignogs or CHI
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.