[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these two places not considered as prestigious as say,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

File: 1503663608398.png (42KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
1503663608398.png
42KB, 1357x628px
Why are these two places not considered as prestigious as say, Greece or Persia? They're both ancient civilizations and they've both had their eras of glory.
>>
>>78740047
Is this going to be a daily thread now?
>>
>>78740047
>street shitting
>dog-eating
That is why
>>
>>78740071
Nope. Last thread just died too quick.

>>78740075
>dog-eating
No.
>>
>>78740047
What about Iraq? no one even knows they had many ancient civilizations(the first ones)
>>
>>78740330
takes one to know one desu
>>
>>78740330
>>78740075
they only eat dog in Guangxi, and maybe in some of the neighbouring provinces
also the practice is dying out as younger generations prefer western style stuff
>>
>>78740047
>Greece
>denbt
>Persia
>muzzie arabshit

Sounds like they are treated the same as chink and pooinloo
>>
>>78740196
you traded babylon for bismillah
>>
>>78740380
Why not just kill the dog first
>>
>>78740477
Because that would be something civilized people do
>>
>>78740047
Basically Eurocentrism. Persia is only remembered in opposition to either Greece or Rome, and those two are the basis of the European civilization...
>>
>>78740047
Because they're barbaric shitty counties?
>>
>>78740477
They have a belief that making the animal suffer enhances the flavour. Chinese are really evil tbqh.
>>
https://pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-dai-xi-er-s-nipple-k4mwdcu/answers/new.html
>>
>>78740380
>>78740477
>>78740545
People in the West do the same with crabs and lobsters.
>>
>>78740047
They're not considered as interesting by western people because they had negligible influence on the development of western culture aside from what was exchanged via trade over the last 500 years or so. Plus, from what I hear Greece is among the most beautiful countries on earth, and Persia's not bad either if it weren't currently ruled by assholes.

I don't think anyone would contend that China, at least, is not a great civilization in its own right.
>>
>>78740504
Why aren't Russians (or Slavs in general) as crazy about Greece as Germanic's are?
>>
>>78740574
>Lobsters and other shellfish have harmful bacteria naturally present in their flesh. Once the lobster is dead, these bacteria can rapidly multiply and release toxins that may not be destroyed by cooking. You therefore minimise the chance of food poisoning by cooking the lobster alive.
Huh
>>
>>78740574
>boiling crustaceans alive is equivalent to torturing fellow mammals
Are you not aware of the staggering differences in cognitive ability there? Dogs are basically equivalent to small human children. Most mammals are in that range when full grown
>>
>>78740600
wut, russia literally calls itself the third rome meaning it's an ancestor of the byzantium
>>
>>78740593
>hey're not considered as interesting by western people because they had negligible influence on the development of western culture aside from what was exchanged via trade over the last 500 years or so.
That's not even remotely true. I said in the last time that India was relevant to the ancient Greeks with the Macedonian Empire stopping in India, the Seleucid-Mauryan war, Indo-Greek kingdoms etc etc and China was super relevant to Rome due to trade. Han China were one of the few people that the Romans generally respected.
>>
>>78740600
Cyrillic is based off Greek, most Slavs* follow Greek Christianity, plus >>78740642

*proszę Polsko, wiem.

>>78740639
>Are you not aware of the staggering differences in cognitive ability there?
Are you not aware the differences in cognition are just an excuse?
In the end they do it because they do it. And we do it because we do it.

>>78740642
Descendant, Iwan.
>>
>>78740684
does it fucking matter
i recall i used prowl for pounce and vice versa and everybody understood me
as humpty dumpty has said it's the matter who is the master you or the words
>>
>>78740642
But the only true successor of Rome was the Ottomans?
>>
>>78740574
Meanwhile Asians eat crustaceans alive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_shrimp
>>
>>78740732
Well, it was understandable by context, but you basically said the opposite of what you wanted to say.

>>78740748
Don't forget live frogs. (Japan is famed for that.)
In the end, does it really matter?
>>
>>78740732
ottomans conquered the last remnants of the roman empire but they didn't inherit its culture
>>
File: Chinese Morality.png (384KB, 601x851px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Morality.png
384KB, 601x851px
>>78740768
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_Yang_fish

Well it all proves empathy is a foreign concept to the Orientals
>>
>>78740669
Ok, you seem to know more about this stuff than I do. But that still sounds like the cultures just bumped into each other/traded from time to time while developing in parallel, and my point about people finding their own cultural roots more interesting still stands. In my own case, I've managed to see a fair amount of the US, now the target is Western Europe, then Mediterranean, then I'll look at getting to Asia.
>>
>>78740802
Come here too
>>
>>78740794
Just check the 2008 quake, there were Chinese teachers who literally died to rescue/protect the children. It isn't lack of empathy but instead bystander effect.

(One can argue they're specially prone to bystander effect though due to their culture. I kinda agree?)
>>
>>78740684
>there is no moral difference between torturing mammals for no reason and torturing crustaceans because if we don't cook them that way they'll poison us
Am I misunderstanding you or is that really your argument?
>>
>>78740825
I would like to. You're actually not that far from where I consider home (Hawaii) so I'm sure it'll happen. A lot closer than Europe anyway, but I'm hoping to get stationed over there in the Navy.
>>
>>78740621
Kill it immediately before boiling. Problem solved.
And yet we don't even bother, why? Suffering is suffering, why do we keep doing it?

>>78740911
No. My main point is that people don't give a shit about cognitive ability to judge the suffering of some animal more acceptable than the other.
>>
File: Chinese Morality.jpg (167KB, 571x755px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Morality.jpg
167KB, 571x755px
>>78740901
What you described was fake news made by the CCP to cover up the number of child deaths that they suppressed as a result of the earthquake.
>>
>>78740974
Ok. I disagree, I think if you asked most Westerners whether the suffering of a dog is equivalent to that of a lobster, they'd answer in the negative and justify their belief on the basis of relative cognitive ability, just like I have. And I don't think we've gotten to this cultural consensus by accident, but because of aspects of Western cultural values that other cultures lack.
>>
>>78740963
What's Hawaii like?
>>
>>78741017
i wonder why that crowd didn't save the man
>>
>>78741018
Fine, here's another example then:

Does the average Westerner give a flying fuck about the suffering of the pigs raised as livestock, while we fill our mouths with bacon? What about the suffering of the considerably dumber and less cognitively gifted hairballs we keep at home aka dogs?

If there's any sort of cultural consensus among the West, it solely means Western cultures interacted with each other for a long enough time to get similar views on animal suffering.
>>
>>78741086
or why would you expect someone drowning to be able to save someone that drown
>>
>>78740196
Mesopotamia is a great, basically the creator and the first true civilisation, however they're never reach empire mode like Greeks and Persians does
>>
>>78741017
Source on it being fake news?

Anyway, let's assume it was completely fake and the average Chinese shows no empathy. Live food and boiling animals alive is still fairly common in East Asia in general, not just China.
>>
>>78740639
>Dogs are basically equivalent to small human children
Not in this universe. Dogs feel pain and suffer, unlike crustaceans, but they are nowhere near the cognitive level of children.
>>
>>78741220
Enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mza1EQ6aLdg
>>
>>78740974
cuz lobsters are weird alien crawly things while doggos are cute
it's ugly vs cuddly
>>
>>78740047
It's because of our cancerous eurocentric history teaching
>>
I'd say china is, not in modern times maybe but i don't think the most idiotic of spergs would consider China something else than important on historical scale. And india? It has had it's share of states that you could call prestigious but as unified? It's a shithole
>>
>>78740047

Ancient Greece was more advanced than either of those street shitting nations have ever been, even in modern times.
>>
>>78741272
>American education
>>
>>78741259
Bingo. It's less about their suffering and more about our own aesthetic feels.
>>
>>78741310
stfu you subhumans I am greek
>>
>>78741244
>women playing sports
even trained pigs do better lol
>>
>>78741244
That isn't an honest comparison, really. A six week old pink pupper is much further along in its growth than a few month old human pupper, as the average male oinklet is able to sexually viable around 8 months old, with the female around 9 months. It takes humans around a decade, give or take a few years.

But yeah, pigs are smarter than dogs, which does invoke an underlying hypocrisy in the whole suffering argument. We treat pigs fucking awful, really.
>>
>>78741398
I'm aware the comparison is unfair. But at least you can compare kids with pigs and get some doubts on who's smarter, when comparing kids with dogs the answer is always obvious.

On the hypocrisy, it's a bit worse when you add in animals like rabbits.
>>
>>78741144
I'd argue we do care that livestock are treated humanely, even as they are raised for human consumption--just look at the reactions factory farm documentaries/videos get, and the move toward buying "organic" foodstuffs by people who can afford to. We like meat, etc., as is natural for an omnivorous animal but are opposed to unnecessary cruelty, particularly to animals we regard as having human-like qualities (i.e. most mammals and some birds.) Most people don't even like killing rats, despite how much of a pest they are. And I think this runs pretty deep in our culture, there's even a lot of stuff about not mistreating animals in the bible.
>>
>>78741389
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html
>The USA women's football team were convincingly beaten by a team of adolescents in a embarrassing defeat for the world champions.
>They were roundly outplayed, losing 5-2 against FC Dallas Under-15s academy side who took full advantage of their big day.
>The players did not appear to allow the display to subdue their spirits and posed with the opposition for photos after the game.

Top kek.
>>
>>78741389
Ona nie było w kuchni, to jest automatyczna awaria. :^)
>>
>>78740047
Their modern history has tainted them, although greece and iran havent really lived up to their expectations either. If China was more free and modern like Taiwan, then maybe they would be prestigious
>>
>>78741456
We, who? A half dozen at PETA, the vegans, and some hipsters. And even "humanely" treated livestock is still suffering, spending their lives jailed for anything resembling efficiency and Ordnung.

But even people who do care about those animals would make an even huge uproar if you even touched a dog in the wrong way.

It was nice chatting with you guys, but I need to go. G'night yall.
>>
File: image.jpg (336KB, 3072x1964px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336KB, 3072x1964px
>>78741064
It's pretty unique. Varies widely from island to island too. Honolulu on O'ahu is a legit city with art museums, cultural districts, stadiums, concert halls, a decent university, usable public transit and everything else you could want. Huge resort district in the middle of the city. Lots of interesting smaller towns on the other side of the mountains, and the North Shore area is downright country, with a bunch of legendary surf spots. Huge military presence obviously which is also interesting, lots of 20th century history, museums, old bunkers on coastal ridges, etc. I'd love to spend more time there desu.

I'm from the Big Island (Hawaii) which is the best one if you're outdoorsy and up for up for driving and hiking a lot. Only place in the world, to my knowledge, where you get views like pic related. As well as a lot of others. (Disclaimer: record snowfall, the mountain is most often bare and when it snows it's typically a fraction of that. Still, we get enough to have fun fairly often.) We've got just about every type of climate, a huge variety of scenery, active volcanoes, great beaches, really nice resorts, huge cattle ranches and tiny single-family coffee farms. Lush rolling hills, massive valleys and waterfalls on the north side, huge black lava plains from the most recent Hualalai flow (200 years ago--that's what the Kona airport is built on.) Near-perfect balance of developed and undeveloped imo, and despite it being the Big Island nothing is more than a couple hours' drive from anything else.

Maui is ok, it's sort of a hybrid of the two. More developed (and way smaller) than the Big Island, but a lot more country than O'ahu, with one of the huge Big Island-style shield volcanoes. Nice roads and hotels and some cool stuff. Good introduction to Hawaii but less to offer overall than either of the first two.

Kaua'i is gorgeous, basically the cliche Hawaiian paradise everywhere you look. Small though.

That covers the main bits
>>
>>78740047
It's people are ugly and degenerate.
>>
>>78742012
also want to add, that while indians are subhuman, they are at least human

chinks aren't even human, they lack basic human emotions like empathy
>>
>>78741562
I know you're gone now but living on a nice farm seems like a pretty comfy existence for livestock. Never have to worry about anything up until you're killed relatively painlessly. Humans wouldn't like it of course but humans are pretty unusual animals. And livestock have been specifically bred for it, they'd have a terrible time in nature. I don't see an ethical issue if cruelty is minimized.
>>
File: girl-camera-roll-10.jpg (64KB, 815x543px) Image search: [Google]
girl-camera-roll-10.jpg
64KB, 815x543px
>>78742012
Chinks look much better than those sand niggers tho lel. They're the second most aesthetic race.
>>
>>78742104
chinks look better than poos yeah, but poos are human at heart at least
>>
>>78741167
>basically the creator and the first true civilisation
Almost all existing writing systems (alphabets, abjads, abugidas) including Greek, Latin, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic, entirety of Brahmic scripts used in South and South-East Asia are descendants of Egyptian hieroglyphs.
>>
>>78742122
My point was that the Chinese look much better than Indians and Persians.
>>
>>78742412
indians yes
iranians no
>>
>>78742424
Delusional 80 IQ sandnigger the only good looking people you have have are the few white looking ones.
>>
>>78741064
>>78741924
As far as the people, pretty pleasant if you're not an asshole. Least-white and most mixed state in the US (Asians are the largest demographic, followed by American whites) and everyone pretty much gets along. Lots of good-looking mongrel women/men. Even gung-ho Native Hawaiian nationalists don't do anything worse than hold signs on the side of the road and wave, and few are rude to tourists because everyone knows that's the backbone of our economy and way of life. We're politically irrelevant so only dumbass college kids and their Marxist professors are annoying about it, minimal walking on eggshells.

Cost of living is high (homes, utilities.) Internet speed/reliability is acceptable though you may pay more for it than on the mainland. Depending on your career field it's likely you'll need to commute inter island (by plane) if you are decently high up, as few large companies operate on only one island. For that matter, there's not a huge number of good jobs available that aren't tourism, construction or healthcare related. Lots of professionals that move here (construction and others) have trouble adjusting to the slower pace at which things happen (6-8 weeks to ship materials for instance.) On the Big Island, and the others to a lesser extent, you will have to drive everywhere and it'll be up and down mountains which will wear your car out--the roads are mostly good these days though. Humidity corrodes metal fast and causes mold, earthquakes crack your sheetrock and tweak your deck railing every 10 years or so, you're vulnerable to tsunamis if you live by the ocean and theoretically you could be in the path of a lava flow as 3/5 of the volcanoes are still technically active even if one hasn't done anything for 200 years.

Still, it's worth it to a lot of people. I'm glad it was to my parents.
>>
>>78742424
persian and indian look the same
>>78742673
calm down wang li.
>>
>Ancient China
>Practice human sacrifice by burying people alive
>"Civilization"
>>
>>78740047
BECAUSE THEY ARE DISGUSTING SHITSKINS
>>
>>78740047
>Why are these two places not considered as prestigious as say, Greece or Persia
They are.
>>
>>78742236
Mesopotamian cuneiform is older than Egyptian hieroglyphs.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.