[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >visiting Germany >small talk locals >they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: 148903551670666.jpg (33KB, 258x544px) Image search: [Google]
148903551670666.jpg
33KB, 258x544px
>be me
>visiting Germany
>small talk locals
>they start CRYING
>>
>>78699328
KEK
>>
>>78699328
>OP Sieg Heil'd at a couple of old German Jews
>>
>>78699328
rude post
>>
>>78699328
unironically true
>>
>>78699359
lol right, funny weather lately though eh
>>
that's why they will become extinct.
europeans are absolute submissive beta cucks
>>
>Be murishart
>Sit down next to a complete stranger on a train
"So, what do you do?"
>>
>>78699574
>so what do you do?
>oh, I start CRYING
>>
>>78699653
holy fuck, europe is over
>>
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

how will germ*ns ever recover?
>>
>>78699574
Yes, bong. It's called social interaction. Not all of us wait in line at the self check out machine at a grocery store because we're too autistic to hand money to a cashier.
>>
File: 1503145755795.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503145755795.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>78699328
>Be Amerifart
>Sit down on a bench to appreciate what a great day it is
>Negroes surround you
>Get shot at every angle of your body
>Crawl to a hospital
>Have to pay 2M$
>Don't have the money to pay for it
>Decide to take a job in a prestigious building to pay your debt
>Get planed
>>
File: 1502088185093.jpg (312KB, 1896x1864px) Image search: [Google]
1502088185093.jpg
312KB, 1896x1864px
>>78699935
>be spain
>>
>>78699653
#rekt
>>
>>78699935
>Bench breaks
>>
>>78699918
Small talk is a mostly meaningless and obtrusive form of social interaction. When you speak all the time and of frivolous things it lose most of its value.
>>
>>78700542
And yet you spend all day on /int/
>>
>>78700542
Theres a difference between endless prattling and having a quick friendly word with whomsoevereth is next to you
>>
>>78700542
>Try to explain the concept of smalltalk to a Swede
>he starts CRYING
>>
>>78699935
>debts
>spain
>>
Delet
>>
>be ameriloud
>try to make conversation with german
>be ignored
>be butthurt and embarassed
>make this thread to save his wounded ego
>>
>>78700542
This, fuck normalfags. Small talk is verbal cancer.
>>
>>78703922
>>78703901
>implying you can just start a conversation by talking about deep philosophy
exchanging pleasantries and saying "it's a nice day" does no one harm. it's also a good way to seem polite to someone in a social setting whom you hate privately without boiling over, I've found
>>
>>78704045
>exchanging pleasantries
It's not pleasant and you only do it to appease your own insecurities. Shut the fuck in public, you selfish cretin.
>>
>>78699328
>germans
>small talk

Tell me how I know this is a lie.
>>
>>78704119
the fact that he claim he go outside
>>
>>78704045
ever heard of the story about a boy who cried wolf? if 90% of the things you let out of your mouth is inane drivel then why should i care when you actually have something meaningful to say. take lessons from clams and make a few pearls mate.
>>
>be murifarts
>tries to small talk to local german
>ignored and awkward feels
>shot self
>>
File: 1500229995407.jpg (10KB, 179x170px) Image search: [Google]
1500229995407.jpg
10KB, 179x170px
>>78699328
>American relative come visit me in Bordeaux
>Pick him up at the airport
>He says he never knew Paris was so close to the sea
>I live on the 2nd Floor
>He asks where the elevator is
>Tell him it's only 2 floors
>He starts crying and collapsed on himself
>Took a crane to get him out
wtf
>>
>Be German
>wait 6 months for internet service
>have gynecomastia
>unironically wear capri pants
>go on vacation to escape
>railroad strike
>sleep on the platform
>luggage stolen by 70-year-old east German
>hear refugees complain that they never had to lock their doors in Afghanistan
>suicide by mettwurst
>>
>>78707875
mettwurst !
>>
File: USA.jpg (722KB, 1600x930px) Image search: [Google]
USA.jpg
722KB, 1600x930px
>>78699935
>be Spaniard
>Get ran over
>>
File: 1471976925799.png (362KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
1471976925799.png
362KB, 750x523px
>>78708048
>be American
>go to Wal-Mart
>there are no fatcarts
>have to walk a mile down the potato chip and soda aisle just to get a gallon of milk to go with your smuggled kinder surprises
>shit your pants
>it drips down your leg to the floor
>slip in your own shit
>can't get back up
>lay there in your own shit surrounded by 10 lb bags of potato chips
>reach over and open a bag of Chicken and Waffle flavored Ruffles and eat them until help arrives
>get halfway through the bag
>decide to eat a kinder surprise
>you begin to choke on it
>can't reach the 30 pack of Coca Cola
>you see a woman on the horizon
>you manically wave your arms around to signal for help
>she panics and shoots you, and the shock dislodges the kinder surprise from your throat
>she then calls the police and tells them you were assaulting her and she defended herself
>police arrive
>they shoot you again
>notice the illegal substance you were consuming
>flip a coin to decide whether to shoot again or not
>doesn't matter, they do it anyway for good measure
>they load you in an ambulance
>take you to the hospital
>the surgeons remove your right foot on accident because of a mixup with your paperwork
>then they remove the bullets and patch you up
>release you from the hospital
>you speak to a lawyer about your missing foot
>the best he can do is a settlement out of court for $15,000 because they found that you had Diabetes and you would eventually lose your foot from poor circulation anyway
>finally get the bill from the hospital
>it's just over $200,000, not including the ambulance ride
>you see a psychiatrist who diagnoses you with depression and autism
>he prescribes 17 different pills to treat them
>you die of Diabetes complications 6 months later
>your kids inherit your debt
>they go out to send a payment through the mail
>they get shot
>>
>>78708210
Amazing
>>
There's two aspects of this meme that I don't understand.
First of all, do Americans walk up to random strangers and start talking to them out of the blue? It seems normal to me to greet people when I walk past them (less often in the cities because people there are weirdos who look straight ahead and don't say a word, but also because you could basically keep saying hi every few seconds) and stop and talk if it's someone I know. But stopping and talking to someone without a reason is not something that I can imagine happening just like that. Maybe there's something that triggers it, like if someone asks for directions or something and then some more words are exchanged, or if there's a long line at the store and you say something witty to the person next to you. Standing at a bus station and exchanging some words could work, too.
Then there's the matter of some people (the European side that gets memed on by Americans in these threads); it seems quite bizzare to me that you would have such an aversion towards interaction - unless this was just one being socially awkward, but some of these posts make it seem like it's normal to be completely oblivious of the people around you.
>>
File: 1390566531320.png (26KB, 771x725px) Image search: [Google]
1390566531320.png
26KB, 771x725px
>>78708210
Fuken noice.
>>
>>78699409
Canadian behind a proxy

Nice try chang zmol dong
>>
>>78708373
>but some of these posts make it seem like it's normal to be completely oblivious of the people around you.
It's the opposite of being oblivious, mate. It's having the awareness to realise that this other person doesn't know you from a bar of soap and in this busy, noisy rat race of a modern world, peace and quiet is an expensive commodity. By trespassing upon the sanctity of the personal space of a strange, you are basically saying
>HEY FUCK YOU MAN LISTEN TO ME, I WANT TO TALK TO YOU AND MY DESIRE TO VOMIT MY EMPTY GARBAGE INTO YOUR FACE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOUR HEADSPACE - LISTEN TO ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!11!1!

Greeting someone with a nod or a quick hello, what have you, it something that doesn't break the tension and disturb the silence.
Think of it like church mass in that you don't randomly strike up a conversation with a stranger and bombard them with interrogative questions about their lives when they are in the middle of silent prayer. Those few moments throughout the day when a person can be idle and enjoy a bit of silence while waiting for a bus or something is basically the same contemplative mental space and a scene in a church. That is our sacred headspace within the public domain. Trespassing upon this needlessly is extremely self centred.

People need to be aware of how their actions distrupt others and they need to respect the personal space of others, this includes not polluting their head space with garbage small talk with boils down a noise pollution ejected by cretins who can't go a moment without shutting the fuck up.
>>
>>78708555
You don't seem like someone I'd want to talk to, anyway.
You're making it all very melodramatic. In none of the situations I described would exchanging a few sentences mean the end of the world. It also doesn't imply holding an impromptu intervew on the spot. Obviously, there's a difference in topics when you are talking to a friend or acquaintance or someone sitting next to you in a waiting room at the hospital.
>>
File: 1497780457676.png (230KB, 500x913px) Image search: [Google]
1497780457676.png
230KB, 500x913px
>>78699328
post more of these?
>>
The world needs more small talk to be honest. I miss being able to talk with strangers and not be as awkward.
>>
File: xxxxxc.jpg (21KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
xxxxxc.jpg
21KB, 559x556px
>>78708210
>>
>>78699328
>be me poojeet
>in Berlin for vacation
>faggot german """"""Übermensch"""""" passes by me
>say 'BOO'

>He starts CRYING

>be me poojeet
>in Berlin for vacation
>Get into scuffle with a faggot German """"""""Übermensch""""""""
>call him a fucking nazi
>HE"S CRYING

AHHHAHAHAHHHA
>>
>>78699328

i'd be pretty upset if an american started talking to me as well tbhwy
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.