[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that in the usa there are party for old students celebrating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Is it true that in the usa there are party for old students celebrating the anniversary of their 20 years old class or it's just a hollywood meme ?
>>
That exists everywhere, you probably weren't invited because nobody in your class like you.
>>
High school reunions are very real. I told my mother I didn't plan to go to mine and she was scandalized, she's sure I'll change my mind and want to go when it happens.
>>
>>78640253
It's not funny son of nazi
>>
File: 1503243443916.jpg (23KB, 460x459px) Image search: [Google]
1503243443916.jpg
23KB, 460x459px
>it's a "European asks if a cultural thing which is practiced pretty much everywhere in western countries is an exclusively American thing because he doesn't go outside and is only exposed to it through American media" episode
>>
>>78640458
Actually I am Greek.
>>
>>78640375
I also heard Prom is a deal, which sounds like a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>78640672
It's big, but entirely optional.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (227KB, 1010x711px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
227KB, 1010x711px
>>78640672
>left school early and walked home on the day of Senior Prom
>every time I see it mentioned in the media I become uncomfortably conscious of the great gaping void in my life where my prom memories should be
>>
File: 747.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
747.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
>>78640375
>>78640490
>Everywhere
>>
>>78640490
We don't have it here
>>
High school reunions are pretty much a dead phenomenon in most places. It has become the norm to move away, sometimes states away, after you've graduated and gotten a career. So the only people who attend these things are the working class wageslaves who never managed to make it out of their shorty cookie cutter suburb.

These things made sense when 70% of the population was going to stick around to work on the farms or in the factories, but it's just an anachronism at this point.
>>
>>78640490
>it's an "American thinks that everyone in the west follows their bizarre customs" post
>>
>>78642604
Reunions are literally made for people who moved away (and aren't poor and can afford travel to their hometown for such an occasion).

If you stayed there you can keep the friendships alive and see people from your former class everyday if you want to.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.