[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>East Asia barely richer than eastern europe in 1980s >Much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (60KB, 1039x589px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
60KB, 1039x589px
>East Asia barely richer than eastern europe in 1980s
>Much more richer in 2000s, most modernized places in the world next to Germanic-speaking countries
>Eastern Europe barely changes, still irrelevant shitholes completely irrelevant on the world stage

explain.
>>
>>78598845
deng xiaoping
>>
>>78598845
russia
>>
>>78598933
russian isn't to blame for them fucking up post 1990s.

russia in fact helped them since they would have been even more useless shitholes without russian free oil and economic support during commie times.
>>
South Korea was poorer than most African countries back in the 50s.
>>
>>78598963
>a literal warzone
>poorer than africa

who would have thought?
>>
>>78598845
Real answer?

Genetics. Higher IQ.
>>
File: Untitled.png (67KB, 1037x529px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
67KB, 1037x529px
>>78598995
yeah but they could have been less of a shithole unless they are turbo-retards compared to western europe.

observe this for example. look at how meagre and shitty their growth is. doomed to be a shithole while western europe soars.

even countries memed here for poverty like poland and spain were barely rich in 1990s but way richer than them now.
>>
>>78599102
Woah never knew Ireland is this high
>>
>>78598985
>the city of Chicago generates about 700 billion GDP despite being a warzone
>the entirety of Canada generates about double that, 1.53 trillion

kek
>>
>>78599050
You're right but you're peddling the wrong reasons. The true reason is politics.

When rebellions and occupations occur, like Polish resistance against both Nazis and Soviets, the invading force always kills the most intelligent of the opposition, usually scientists, philosophers, students, professors, etc. Khmer Rouge knew this, Nazis knew it, and in a certain sense the USA knew it when Nazi Germany fell. It pocketed all of the scientists through Operation Paperclip. Political warfare isn't just about guns and bullets, it's about controlling the intellectual wealth of your enemy.

Eastern Europe has a low IQ because the cream of the crop of intellects was continually scythed by Nazis and Soviets, endlessly. All that's left is bydlos, and that's damn sad.
>>
>>78601063
It out-jewed tax havens like Switzerland and Luxembourg during the second wave tech boom (when Apple started to become very successful). It allows companies like Apple to operate shell companies on its shores at a trivial tax rate, which allows Ireland to gain a pretty wealthy tech sector itself as it distributes products to all of Europe.

I too am quite impressed, but I'm not sure how sustainable that will be. Eventually the EU will become angry that Ireland is doing this (they already kind of have)

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/19/technology/ireland-apple-eu-tax-ruling-legal-challenges/index.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/31/apple-misses-deadline-to-pay-ireland-illegal-tax-benefits.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/18/eu-hopes-ireland-will-recover-money-from-apple-very-soon.html
>>
>>78601739
>muh sociopolitical excuses
*yawn*
>>
>>78601992
>list of Australian intellectuals
>1. ???
>2. ???
>3. ???
>4. ???

mustn't have anything to do with how your country was populated by the poms
>>
>>78602063
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index#/media/File:2016_UN_Human_Development_Report.svg

:DDDD
>>
tell me about it lol
can't wait to leave this shithole
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.