[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally everyone here considers this country parts of the West.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 19

File: 640px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png (27KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
27KB, 640x448px
Literally everyone here considers this country parts of the West. People would go like "wut" if they knew Anglo countries consider this country nonwestern.

By literally I mean literal literally.
>>
File: 1502927396206.png (633KB, 1935x773px) Image search: [Google]
1502927396206.png
633KB, 1935x773px
>>78583936
Brazil is not a western country. I am sorry. I have been there, it is a latino shithole full of degeneracy, poverty, government corruption, and funk music. Don't get me wrong, I love Brazil and Brazilian women are the sexiest in the world. But you are not a Western country. Desculpe Joao.
>>
Why do you care? Why this butthurt?
>>
>>78583936

Who the fuck cares, monkey
>>
>>78583972
Define "western"
People like you seem to define it based on economy but that's dumb as fuck.

>Western culture, sometimes equated with Western civilization, Occidental culture, the Western world, Western society, European civilization, or Judeo-Greco-Christian civilization,[2] is a term used very broadly to refer to a heritage of social norms, ethical values, traditional customs, belief systems, political systems and specific artifacts and technologies that have some origin or association with Europe.
^ if you go by this definition Brazil is western. If it isn't western what is it? Wikipedia considers it western.
>>
>>78583984
>>78584017
Shut the fuck up, nazipardos. I don't have time for nazipardos. You guys are below my level.
>>
OMG youre all so fucking dumb Jesús Christ
>>
File: 1487127739737.png (274KB, 1303x892px) Image search: [Google]
1487127739737.png
274KB, 1303x892px
>>78583936
Literally no sane American believes this. People go like "wut" when they see a monkey (AKA Brazilian) try and convince the world they're "western".

By literally I mean literally.
>>
>>78583936
Americans have been purposefully trying to rewrite history since their country got started, no one cultured pays them any mind (eg HG Wells considered Latin America, and Mexico specifically, to be fully Western) so a literal nobody in history like Huntington gets to have his opinions put above those of the very brightest men the British Empire produced.

It's all just realizing propaganda doesn't trump facts friend.
>>
>>78584070
el boliviANO
>>
>>78584086
Can you define what Western means and why Brazil doesn't fit in the definition?
>>
HOSTIA TIO UN BOLIVIANO AJAJAJ
>>
File: IMG_0555.png (44KB, 128x141px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0555.png
44KB, 128x141px
>>78583936
Hahahahahha
>>
How are we not Western?
>>
>>78584294
>>78584137
^ Everytime I ask this nobody answers.
>>
>tan people that love Jesus and Mary
sounds pretty western to me
>>
>>78584357
Okay Jose

Most Brazilians are at least partially African.
>>
>>78584357
Our literature follows the european tradition
Our music follows the European tradition
Country with the biggest number of Catholics
All artists inspired by French or Americans
Laws follows the roman-german model
government follows the European model
constitution inspired by the american model more than once.
A former European country
>>
File: 42e.jpg (89KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
42e.jpg
89KB, 600x842px
>>78584357
>tan people that love Jesus and Mary
That sounds nothing like the average br*zilian. This man is a damn DEVIL
>>
>>78584059

Again, why do you care? Does it will make our lives better?
>>
>>78584426
s/country/colony/
>>
>>78584449
We don't eat monkey soup in here. That guy is an outlier. That's just a meme. Even favelados don't eat monkey soup and would look at you with a disgusted face if you offered such a thing.
>>
>>78584426

>Laws follows the roman-german model

Our laws are shit tier, they don't work and they are too soft for our society, that's why we have a rampant violence.

Only this prove we aren't western
>>
>>78584456
Why do YOU care? You sound like the typical Vira-lata. Fuck off, man. I'm tired of Brazilians like you.
>>
>>78583936
That's because you are either with us or against us.

And Brazil is clearly with us.
>>
>>78584484
Did you know that in the '90s in Pernambuco slums people used to eat cats and dogs? Luckily it didn't become a stereotype, otherwise we could end up like the Koreans who are labeled as dog eaters all the time.
>>
>>78584519

Daqui a pouco aparecem iludidos usando bairrismo como bode expiatorio.
>>
>>78584098
>A Mexican is an authority on culture.
Every aspect of your culture that Anglo-Americans know about has to do with your country being tremendously gaudy, dangerous, or corrupt.

I'd apologize for the influence of American drug policy on your country, but I have too much disdain for beanpeople with a younger country trying to ape the smug superiority that should be reserved for their more civilized American neighbors.
>>
File: tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif (484KB, 275x210px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif
484KB, 275x210px
Hahahhaha
>>
>>78584549
I didnt read the OP right.

With the west we mean west europe and the anglos. But we do consider Brazil sort of culturally related.
>>
File: 1439761242786.png (71KB, 324x392px) Image search: [Google]
1439761242786.png
71KB, 324x392px
>>78584618
I want a Dutch wife.
>>
>>78584031
you haven't been our mates for long enough really
>>
>>78584562
I'm literally disgusted by people like you. You act like a maggot. You act like a scared slave. Jesus, do you have any dignity? Do you have any pride? Do you have any self-worth? You're the same as a cuck.
This country will stay like shit as long we have people with mongrel complex like you. Instead of trying to fix things you only whine and go "buh huhuhu this country is shit why wasn't I born in a first world country. I'll only complain buwaaa) Fuck you, you maggot.
>>
>>78584589
You literally cannot read? I quoted Wells and the British as the authority here, I don't care for the poorly constructed strawman arguments of American trailer trash.
>>
File: d90.jpg (305KB, 1306x892px) Image search: [Google]
d90.jpg
305KB, 1306x892px
>>78583936
>>
>>78584832
>that flag
no self-awareness
>>
>>78584589
That's why we need to ignore everything Americans say.
Who cares about their shitty opinions? They don't even make sense. Let them live in their isolated vacuum of retardedness.
>>
>>78584323
>>78584323
As another anon said its patly due to you being a colony (the US notwithstanding because they defined the modern West).

Another element is culture. Now you can't just *be* Western and that's it, it's a two way system. Namely to be western you've got to have cultural elements that fit you inside the community, to do that you've got to have attractive bits of culture that we have adopted.

E.g. french people are Western because lot's of their high culture and art for example is appreciated and followed

The US is Western because so much of European culture is Americanised now, and equally the American way has a lot of French parts
>>
File: 1502355229777.png (139KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502355229777.png
139KB, 394x360px
>>78584589
>TFW I share the same flag with a southerner
>>
>>78583936
Who cares if consider yourself as western or not. Brazil and most of Latin America are shitholes that will never be considered part of the cool kids club that is the Western world.
>>
>>78584965
It's impossible that we aren't western. The king of Portugal lived here.

>John VI (Portuguese: João VI;[1][2] 13 May 1767 – 10 March 1826), nicknamed "the Clement", was King of the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves from 1816 to 1825. Although the United Kingdom over which he ruled ceased to exist de facto beginning in 1822, he remained its monarch de jure between 1822 and 1825. After the recognition of Brazilian independence under the Treaty of Rio de Janeiro of 1825, he continued as King of Portugal and the Algarves until his death in 1826. Under the same treaty, he also became titular Emperor of Brazil for life, while his son, Pedro I of Brazil, was both de facto and de jure the monarch of the newly-independent country.

Then his son became king and declared independence then the son of his son became the king. All those years were shaped based on the Braganza house. Come on dude...

Everything about our way of life is based on European culture

If it's about high culture, we had those as well

watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFv8ZOx7znQ
This is only one of our writers. Anyways I think people can notice what they look like and we identify ourselves with Western culture. It doesn't matter what anyone here says. Everyone in this country thinks this country has "cultura ocidental"
>>
You're not rich enough to be western
>>
Why do latinos (excluding Argentina since we've embraced the latino mestizo new world culture already) get so mad when they are called non-westerns?

We've got a complete different culture in Latin America and that's not bad, that's GREAT actually and something to be extremely PROUD of.
Really my niggis, stop being such cucks trying to fit in with people across the atlantic ocean on the other side of the hemisphere who give zero fucks about this part of the world.
>>
>>78585071
>>78585194
I'm talking about western CULTURE not economy
>>
>>78585071
We consider ourselves part of the cool kids anyway.
>>
>>78585215
How are we different?
>>
>>78585215
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-XNecMc0s
>>
>>78585284
Spending most of your life trying to find random similiarities with random people on the other side of the world who don't care about you instead of assuming your own identity with pride is the main reason as to why Latin America is a backwards shithole that will never progress as a society.
>>
>>78585143
yeah but are your writers known by the average person, or at least the founders of defining principles held by other nations? Is your music industry b i g enough? Do your people regularly come into contact with ours? Crime, wealth per capita or social policy similar to the European standard?

A lot of these are dependant on age, you'll /into in the future but for now you're irrelevant. Even Japan has more of a claim of being Western than you.
>>
>>78585215
How are Latinos supposed to live if they can't larp as White people, claim all the achievements made by the West as their own and attach themselves to them for relevancy? It's just not possible.
>>
File: 1503018577973.png (777KB, 729x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1503018577973.png
777KB, 729x1008px
U M A

M

A
>>
>>78585440
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP06kxW_M3I
>>
>>78585440
All latinos with that mindset should be lined up against a wall and shot to death.
They are the cancer of this continent.
>>
>>78585383
Our music industry influenced the world with Bossa Nova and nowadays people are noticing our shitty artists like Anitta.
>Crime, wealth per capita or social policy similar to the European standard
This is arbitrary. I'm talking about CULTURE. Laws. music, literature, religion, behavior of the average man, Political System. The Portuugese laid everything. Portuguese people are part of the west. Social policy is very to the left btw. A lot of people want to get into minarchist mode.

Brazil is a special case because we were ruled by actual Portuguese kings living in here. Are you telling me that the Braganza house founded, lived and ruled a nonwestern country? Fuck off
>>
>>78585440
Nobody is claiming the achievements of the West. I'm saying we have western culture. That's all. I want someone to point to me why I'm wrong. All they can say is
>LOL Brazil is shitskin
or
>LOL Brazil is poor
>>
>>78585548
Just get over it lad and enjoy being your own country

>also do you really think economy is arbitrary in the West?
>>
>>78585622
The fact you're willing to put Japan into the western category only means western doesn't have any meaning to you fucks and you're just going for people who look good. Fuck you.
I'm talking about Western Culture. We have western culture. Why would 200 million people identify with western culture if we didn't have it?
>>
>>78583936
I consider you western.
>>
>>78585599
Latin America is as western as sub-saharan Africa.
Both christian, both speak european languages, both have western laws (in neither of these places it is applied anyway), and then we have the other side, both are shitskins, both are murderous hellzones, both are economically crippled, etc.

Conclusion: if you call latam western you must also call africa western, that of course if you're not a contradicting hypocrite.
>>
We are western. By all means, we are a shithole, but we're still western. If we aren't, then USA can't be as well.
>>
>>78585786
No. If you are intellectually honest will see that your post is pure garbage.
>>
>>78585811
Keep lying to yourself, Juninho dos santos silveras edson nantes do nascimento.

Meanwhile I am happy in having SUPERIOR Latin American Mestizo culture (which is better than western garbage btw)
>>
>>78585880
I'm not lying to myself. I'm just judging things as they are.
>>
>>78583936
Do western countries have no running hot water and electric showers?
>>
>>78585786
Sub Saharan Africans are not the descendants of Latin peoples, they did not adopt a Mediterranean lifestyle (eg siestas, dominoes) and the did not participate in European history (first Japanese embassy to the West was to Mexico City, Mexicans discovered and conquered the Philipines, etc.) nor largely contributed to it (potatoes, tomatoes, chocolate, vanilla) nor to Western art (eg Latin American boom literature)
>>
they are sort of western. western enough i guess. leave them alone.
because how else would you define that part of the world. their own thing?
>>
>>78585921
good point
>>
>>78585921
Define what "western culture" means and then explani why Brazil doesn't fit in the definition.
>>
Latin American countries are less Western than Christian and/or English speaking sub Saharan countries like Nigeria and South Africa. You are subhuman baboons with no culture and your national IQ average is below 90. Kill yourselves disgusting pieces of shit.
>>
What is the best division line, along the Greco-Roman or Judeo-Christian traditions?
>>
>>78585939
lol so being lazy is being western? lol okay, I guess that those sloths that spend all fucking day doing nothing on top of the trees are western af.

>(potatoes, tomatoes, chocolate, vanilla)
all amerindian contributions, native americans cultivated that stuff thousands of years before eurofaggots even knew the americas existed.
>>
>>78585880
What would you say are some unique aspects of Latin American Mestizo culture?
>>
>>78586004
why so rude, dirk nanninga?
>>
>>78586004
>Latin American countries are less Western than Christian and/or English speaking sub Saharan countries like Nigeria and South Africa.
Yeah country that was founded by Portuguese people, a Portuguese monarchy with pardos that are on average 70% portuguese is less Western than African tribal countries. Right...
>>
>>78585979
Its because you speak a variant of spannish.

Spain is a shithole, portugal is a shithole, brazil, chile and mexico are even worse shitholes.
>>
>>78586047
You should know, you're living in it.
>>
>>78586004
>No culture
right...
Machado de Assis
Rosa:
> Rosa only wrote one novel, Grande Sertão: Veredas (known in English as The Devil to Pay in the Backlands), a revolutionary text for its blend of archaic and colloquial prose and frequent use of neologisms, taking inspiration from the spoken language of the Brazilian backlands. For its profoundly philosophical themes, the critic Antonio Candido described the books as a "metaphysical novel". It is often considered to be the Brazilian equivalent of James Joyce's Ulysses.[2][3][4] In a 2002 poll by the Bokklubben World Library, "Grande Sertão: Veredas" was named among the best 100 books of all time.[5]

Bossa Nova:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpIV57PSeo
mpb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHXaoonjmfI
Villa lobos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7jmWGeA8iE
etc..

I've read American writers in the original and our writers write on a higher level than them.
>>
>>78586035
Damn, that sounds nice. Western as Fuck.
>>
i'm going to let you in on a little secret
western = majority white country
>>
Hemingway wrote on a childish level if you compare him to most Brazilian writers.
>>
>>78586175
Apart from black and white mixing that happened uncontrolably here, we are majoritarily white.
>>
>>78586175
So Russia is western by your definition.
>>
>>78583972
There was a time when outlanders throwing around cancerous words like "degenerate" would be met with ridicule.
The ironic thing here is that you people are the true degenerates on this website, because your normalfaggotry is like a toxin rotting away this place.

Please fuck off. You have the rest the Internet and IRL for your garbage. Stop coming here, it's the least you could do.
>>
>>78586217
Lol
>>
>>78586217
not in the eyes of the rest of the world, that's why we still consider the US western
everyone in the world lumps you in with los simpsons watchers in montevideo
sorry
>>
>>78586229
duh
who said russia wasn't western
>>
>>78586259
>>78586239
I'm not dude but it doesn't matter our race. We follow western traditions. I'm talking about the fucking culture you fucking dumbasses. Is that so hard to understand? THE FUCKING CULTURE
>>
>>78586292
what culture? beheading people with machetes and stuffing cocaine up their dead asses because he insulted your soccer team?
>>
>>78585939
>the did not participate in European history (first Japanese embassy to the West was to Mexico City, Mexicans discovered and conquered the Philipines, etc.)
All of that happened under Spanish rule lol
>nor largely contributed to it (potatoes, tomatoes, chocolate, vanilla)
So you're saying that the indigenous cultures of the Americas were Western? Cause like otherwise it's just Europeans taking something from a land they conquered
>>
>>78586281
>who said russia wasn't western
Russia.

I wouldn't expect a provincial anglo to know that fact. You guys are dumb as fuck. Since this site is in English most native speakers of English will be part of the average anglo(dumb as fuck) while only people with some intelligence from my country will discover it since most of them have to learn English by themselves.
>>
>>78584357
Jesus and Mary are not their names and they belong to an ancient sand nigger mythos. Abrahamic religion predates the West and stands directly against Enlightenment values which defines the Western world.

Christians and Jews and Muslims do not belong in the Western nor world world. They are outsiders.
>>
>>78586350
stfu you try hard.
>>
>>78586281
RUSSIA AND JAPAN AREN'T WESTERN! BRAZIL IS!
>>
File: quality_of_life_index_2017.png (85KB, 1040x588px) Image search: [Google]
quality_of_life_index_2017.png
85KB, 1040x588px
>>78586097
A swedish cucked by achmed calling Spain or Portugal a shithole, lMAO
what's gonna be next?
>>
File: 45734734754.png (177KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
45734734754.png
177KB, 500x558px
>>78586398
no matter what you think, at the end of the day europeans and americans will never consider latinos as western

cry me a river
>>
>>78586459
this desu
>>
>>78586459
Even if I agree with you 100% of the country considers this country western lol
Was everyone brainwashed?
>>
>>78586259
No, its ok. I actually feel sorry for you guys that cant actually understand a simple matter. We are western, it's so clear to me. We are a horrible country, i know, but we were born from the same process as the united states and we still keep our traditions western. The favelas and other shits are just pathologies because of the large number of africans we imported. They brought africa here, just like mexicans bring mexico to the usa when they go there, cant you understand? Favelas are just a small part of the country. latin, central and north america are all western since they were colonized, its only that most of you dont understand what the concept of western means.
>>
>>78586508
You want to know a secret?
Nobody in the rest of the world cares about what latinos think.
Can you blame them?
>>
File: 1502947408572.png (160KB, 606x504px) Image search: [Google]
1502947408572.png
160KB, 606x504px
>>78586459
this
>>
>>78586569
Stfu you sad fuck. You're disgusting. God, I hate people like you. I don't give a fuck what gringos think. I care about facts.
Goddamn. Why is South America such a cuckold country? I didn't deserve to be born in this continent of half-men
>>
>>78586580
Look at this other cuckold. Jesus christ... I hope you guys are sterile. Fucking pieces of shit cuckolds.
Have you watched 300? You're that hunchback who gives the secret to leonidas. You fucks.
>>
>>78586459
I consider brazil a western country, and at the same time a third world and multiracial country(like the usa). And those things arent really connected.

The west is not Europe, Europe is something else.
>>
>>78586651
*xerxes
>>
>>78586508
Well, don't they teach it in your schools that you are Western?
>>
>>78586607
>Why is South America such a cuckold country
Who's the one here having a seizure trying to fit in with Europeans and the Western people even though they want to have nothing to do with Latinos?

Who's the cuckold, who who who....
>>
>>78586560
insecurity: the post
>>
>>78586678
>I consider
An anonymous portuguese on 4chan, a truly valuable opinion.
>>
>>78586560
In that case Brazil is Native American if you only count the unontacted tribes living in the Amazon...
>>
Why are braziilian so worried about being part of the West, even now, when it is declining?

Argies do not seem to care about it.. Based argies.
>>
>>78586807
I'm not "worried". Everyone here believes we are part of the west. Don't act like you didn't go "what" when you found out that anglos don't consider us western
>>
File: 1502995268782.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502995268782.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>78586836
no
>>
>>78586862
Then I believe you're probably 16~17 yo
>>
File: 1501919289575.png (19KB, 128x110px) Image search: [Google]
1501919289575.png
19KB, 128x110px
why do you want to get the approval of anglos so much
>>
>>78586560
fair enough. just stop arguing with everyone since you are just aggravating other posters. the definition of "western" is debatable and basically anybody can interpret it as they want. just let go.
>>
>>78586035
>lol so being lazy is being western?
Actually yes, the Aztec were more like the Japanese, people whose values included an exaggerated sense of honor and stoicism, they worked themselves to exhaustion but believed gluttony was immoral.

The stereotype of Mexicans as drunken, lazy womanizers is all Iberian/Mediterranean traits, only violence was common to both peoples.

>>78586356
>All of that happened under Spanish rule lol
Yes, it is no less our history because of that
>>78586356
>So you're saying that the indigenous cultures of the Americas were Western?
No, I'm saying their contributions profoundly changed the European world, the things that I mentioned are now considerd traditional in Europe. Yes, we were not the only ones to have such influence, sugar, oranges and rice were brought to Europe by Arabs, but in our case the people involved were not foreigners but subjects of the king of Spain, they remained so for centuries, longer in fact that the Aztec or Inca empires stood.
>>
>>78586891
Another cuck. I can feel how submissive you are just by that post. It's amazing how worthless the new generation of Brazilians are. I'm afraid for the future of this country. Basically everyone is a submissive cuck.
>>
>>78586891
When i visit the USA i don't want to be mingled with Mexicans, Colombians or Cubans. I want to be respected like a German or British tourist is respected when he visits the USA.
>>
>>78586878
you lame lol smhead
>>
>>78586771
Unfortunately we are heavily multicultured, but 'officially' we ARE western. The native americans do not represent neither the country's posture towards other countries in the global scenario, neither is it the dominant culture in the country. If the country was still majoritarily inhabited by native tribes or whatever, then it wouldnt be western, but a western country colonized us, fuck indians are almost extinct in our current point in time. They were inferior and couldnt hold their ground against the western colonization way back then.
>>
File: 1503121584597.png (4KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
1503121584597.png
4KB, 202x184px
>>78586939
>>
File: 1492277656583.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492277656583.png
11KB, 420x420px
>>78586939
>I don't want to be mingled with Mexicans, Colombians, or Cubans
>>
>>78586939
>this bait

It is time to stop.
>>
>>78586939
Mexican tourists are respected by all except racists, what you mean is you want to be considered white by Murican redneck standards, that has nothing to do with Western culture.
>>
y-yeah... only a-anglos consider you non western...
>>
>>78587065
Mexican tourists never leave though.
>>
>>78587139
PORTUGAL WTF
>>
>>78584031
>social norms
Brazilian social norms...

>ethical values
Brazilian ethics...

>taditional customs
Brazilian traditions...

>Belief systems
Brazilian beliefs...

>Political systems
Brazilian politics...

>Specific artifacts
Brazilian artifacts...

>Technologies
Brazilian technologies...

European? hmmm. made some electrical pulses surge
>>
Come on people still use the shit definition of "first World" and "third worlder" after the end of USSR.

But yeah Brazil is west the unique problem is dumb americans trying to be not be relatable with us.
And Africa is west btw is just a definition in the end.
>>
>>78587172
w-what?
>>
>>78587163
Ask people in Texas if they want Mexican tourists/shoppers
>>
>>78586939
m8, just fyi we along with cubans have the highest income per capita among hispanics in the US. Also, we along with venezuelans are the hispanics in the US most likely to have an undergraduate degree, so pls STFU
>>
>>78586939
now you are overdoing it
>>
>>78583936
The problem is native cultures have a big influence on Latin American culture. This fusion of Iberian and Native cultures created something unique and distinct from the west.
>>
File: 1501894029698.jpg (272KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1501894029698.jpg
272KB, 960x1280px
How do you treat white Iberians in your country?
>>
The simple answer is racism and poverty. Anglos are the most hypocritical culture on earth, and will never accept anything other than white, protestant culture as western. Look at how Brits and Americans treated the Irish, whose only crime was being Catholic, despite looking identical to them.

They barely even consider Spain and Portugal western. You are Iberias bastard offspring, and they will never consider you their equals.
>>
>>78587913
Nobody gives a fuck about the western shit here and most people identify as culturally latinos.

It's just this Brazilian autist saying otherwise.
>>
>>78587759
With love. Using my uncut dick.
>>
>>78587699
Now this is a sane argument. The basic problem here however is to what extent is this influence real and not largely the result of Wewuzism and romantic European orientalism. We do not for the most part speak Amerindian languages, other than early architecture ours is in line with European developments, we despite a large written copus read barely a handful of Amerindian works in our lifetime, our values, philosophy, education and religion are all largely European.

The by far largest influence of Amerindian culture in our lives is cuisine and crafts. In the first one this is mostly simply adding native ingredients to basic European recipes (eg most of our stews are Mediterranean based on a sofrito, or we substitute maize for wheat as in gorditas) while crafts are basically European forms (eg textile weaving of sheep's wool or papier mache) with local motifs and color combinations.

Yes, arguably we are a variation, but whether Mexico's culture is more distant to Spain's than say Norway's or Romania's is a point to be debated.
>>
>>78587483
Wtf Me gusta Colombia ahora
>>
>>78587235
So... we have eastern countries, western countries and brazilian countries?
>>
>>78587913
This is also a good point. hoever it assumes the masses, not the intelectual elites, and those of anglophone countries (not say France or Germany) have the ultimate say in this.

Western culture, properly defined, is the classical tradition of Greece and Rome, it is implied in the term Latin, regardless of opinions by anyone in any country.
>>
>>78588095
Wait a second, the term Latin America was coined specifically to be inclusive of both Mexico and France. We have absolutely no relation whatsoever with anything originating in Brazil.
>>
>>78588095
just trying to point out that most of those things are not European, at least they devolved so much or were so heavily influenced by non Europeans to a point it's no longer mostly European.

I mean, Brazil is considered an "exotic" country to Europeans.

The US and Canada for example are not considered exotic at all.

Maybe their technology is the only western thing, but in this day and age, I doubt that even matters.
>>
I erp as texas
>>
>>78583936
None of us is western, we all are sudacANOs.

>>78584121
Don't bully Bolivia pls
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.