[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /int/ tell me about Turkmenistan? I know its been compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 900px-Flag_of_Turkmenistan_svg.png (97KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
900px-Flag_of_Turkmenistan_svg.png
97KB, 900x600px
What can /int/ tell me about Turkmenistan? I know its been compared to North Korea and it had a personality cult under the first president but other that, what can you tell me about this Central Asian republic?
>>
File: Turkmen man.jpg (157KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Turkmen man.jpg
157KB, 957x1300px
natural gas, oil and electricity are free over there. it's basically like North Korea but richer and does not starve to death. It's also a huge desert with practically no arable land. tho there's enough land to feed 5 million Turkmens in Turkmenistan
Other than that, historically speaking, most of them migrated to here and after that they've been pretty much irrelevant. They were desert/steppe nomads that kidnapped Persian and Kazakh women.
Oh and their first president tried to adopt the surname "Ataturk". Turkey got butthurt and advised to not do that otherwise there'd be bad things. So the guy just adopted the surname Turkmenbashy which means Head of Turkmens
>>
>>78551233
What does ataturk stand for?
>>
>>78551233
are almost free*
>>
>>78551233
Is that guy a Turkmen?
>>
>>78551242
"Father of Turks"
Ata=Father
Türk=Turk
>>78551260
yes he is.
>>
>>78551233
Why are kemalists so butthurt ?
>>
>>78551288
Ataturk is on the same level as Allah here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tHr0VqSukg
Video related, in a conservative anatolian city a schizoid guy attacks Ataturk statue with an axe and mob lynches him.
>>
>>78551266
wtf. he doesn't look asian at all. he just looks like a fucking arab.
>>
>>78551320
Hmm
>>
File: 1469514766_c20.jpg (170KB, 640x689px) Image search: [Google]
1469514766_c20.jpg
170KB, 640x689px
hot girls
>>
>>78551336
well, there are asian turkmens too brown and asian turkmens live together and don't care about what they look like.
>>
>>78551233
Uh I think you are getting the first president confused with the first president of Turkey. I believe you are referring to Saparmurat Niyazov or "Türkmenbaşy", meaning Head of the Turkmen.
>>
>>78551460
read what i wrote again.
>>
>>78551320
I don't understand why conservative Turks like him so much. He was a secularist who wanted to westernize the country. He even wanted the county's name to be Anatolia and not turkey. It seems so antithetical to their views.
>>
>>78551501
>He even wanted the county's name to be Anatolia and not turkey
source: my ass
>>
>>78551537
He literally did, you can look up it up.
>>
>>78551549
ok kid
>>
>>78551482
Oh shit. I forgot to read the bottom part. But huh, I didn't know that Türkmenbaşy, tried to adopt the name of Ataturk. I know he had a personality cult and the current President which I am not even going to try to pronounce or spell it, is also developing a more subtle personality cult. He has portraits of him everywhere, its even on Turkmenistan Airlines.
>>
File: turkmen women.jpg (607KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
turkmen women.jpg
607KB, 1600x1066px
>>78551336
They're mixed, some look Asian, some look Arab.
You'll find both looks in the same families.
>>
>>78551641
They have persian influence, just like azeris, turks and uzbeks (to some extent. how else would you describe uzbeks looking like azeris and tajiks and times, while uyghurs look like karluk gods)
>>
>>78551759
>and times
*At times
>>
File: personality cult.png (1MB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
personality cult.png
1MB, 640x960px
At least the portrait looks nice of the current president.
>>
How is Turkmenistan similar to North Korea? I had never heard this but then I've never really heard anything about Turkmenistan with my >American education so I'll have to do a little reading I guess.
>>
>>78552010
both are very authoritative countries
>>
File: Turkmen untermensch.jpg (155KB, 866x1390px) Image search: [Google]
Turkmen untermensch.jpg
155KB, 866x1390px
Also those Iranian subhumans invaded eastern part of my country and spawned their bastards over there REEEEEEE if it weren't for them Byzantine Empire would still be a thing
>>
>>78551233
Sounds like a depressing shithole that no one gives a fuck about.
>>
>>78552010
tin pot dictatorships that have insane cult of personalities.
>>
File: Turkmen_man_with_camel.jpg (3MB, 3205x2647px) Image search: [Google]
Turkmen_man_with_camel.jpg
3MB, 3205x2647px
bretty cool pic of a turkmeni man and his camel in 1910.
>>
>>78551075
I'm getting OCD from that flag, feel like the moon and stars need to be bigger to fill in the empty space
>>
>>78552795
the flag meant to be a carpet actually.
>>78552084
>getting butthurt over what happened 1000 years ago
yorgo pls
>>
>>78552731
tfw you realize the camel is long dead
>>
>>78551501
>I don't understand why conservative Turks like him so much. He was a secularist who wanted to westernize the country
he literally saved the turks from being genocided into oblivion
they might not like his laicist ideology but some like his military achievements
>He even wanted the county's name to be Anatolia and not turkey
sounds like some greek bullshit
he did want to rename the country to Turkeli and change the flag to a Göktürk one though
> It seems so antithetical to their views.
Islamic conservatives in here would love it if we changed the name to Anatolian Islamic Republic or Ottoman Republic or some shit like that
they are always like bla bla something about ummah and racism
>>
Turkmenistan is hosting the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in Ashgabat this year in September.
>>
>>78551260
>>78551336
Look up the Parthians, they were the original eastern iranic peoples that inhabited that region.
>>
>>78552010
Since nobody posted this
http://varlamov.ru/tag/turkmenistan

Shit's surreal
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.