[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Americans so obsessed with race? Do they have no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: civil rights girl and flag.jpg (27KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
civil rights girl and flag.jpg
27KB, 425x282px
Why are Americans so obsessed with race?
Do they have no cultural identity?
>>
>>78531200
You just answered your own question
they have no cultural identity
>>
>>78531381
I was hoping that some Americans here would protest this notion, thus creating a lively discussion
>>
File: usaracedemo.jpg (121KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
usaracedemo.jpg
121KB, 900x900px
>>78531200
Because America has become very diverse. Diversity causes adversity.
>>
>>78531539
Yet somehow Brazilians and people from South America as a whole are not as obsessed with race.
>>
>>78531615
maybe we just dont notice it because we dont speak portugese?
>>
>>78531615
Pffft hahaha.
>>
>>78531615
>Yet somehow Brazilians and people from South America as a whole are not as obsessed with race.

lol
>>
File: 1502616034608.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1502616034608.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
>>those this mexicans dont know what the condoms are?
>>
>>78531826
>>78531853
But we actually don't, at least IRL. /int/'s brazilian demographic shouldn't be taken seriously.
>>
>>78531525
We're a very confused nation in regards to that. Unlike most countries, we haven't been around long enough to really cement an identity. People often point to things like the Civil War-era or the 1950's-era as a good gauge of what Americans are really like, but we've changed so drastically with the times that no single description does it justice. The obsession with race and heritage stems from this. You may think of yourself as American, but what does that mean? You're almost nothing like your forefathers.

The only true connection you have is race. It makes you feel like you're a part of something, instead of just another directionless, confused person in the 21st century United States. There's a number of other reasons that this is common, but I'd say this is the biggest.
>>
>>78532013
>The only true connection you have is race. It makes you feel like you're a part of something, instead of just another directionless, confused person in the 21st century United States. There's a number of other reasons that this is common, but I'd say this is the biggest.
This is why normalfags are such fucking cancer. They're completely lost without being part of some nigger tier tribal structure, telling them how they ought think, feel, believe and live their lives. Then they turn around and try to enforce this regression upon everyone else, in order to abate their existential insecurities.
>>
>>78531782 It is true that there are some people obsessed with race around here, mostly in the south, but, as you know it, there are these kinds of persons in every country
Brazil is a melting pot of races and culture, one cant simply be white or black,We are way more united and friendly to each other, and this happens because of the sole reason of diversity
>>
>>78531826
>>78531782
>>78531853
BTFO>>78532010
>>
>>78532115
>They're completely lost without being part of some nigger tier tribal structure, telling them how they ought think, feel, believe and live their lives.
Not in America, where normies think they are all special snowflakes who's interest in music or fucking chad somehow are stronger parts of their identity than their race, ethnicity and religion. America is "individualistic capitalistic, the country" It is disgustingly conformist, yes, but in no way collectivist which is what you described.
>>
>>78532283
People do have collectivist beliefs, but they're based on politics now rather than religion or ethnicity.
>>
File: e7e.jpg (106KB, 932x960px) Image search: [Google]
e7e.jpg
106KB, 932x960px
>>78531539
>Hispanic 31%
>>
>>78532396
On the left that applies in America, on the right those waters seem far murkier.
>>
>>78532127
>United and friendly
>killing each other in the strets
>More gangs than Mexico
>Most corrupt government in the world
>Have bloodthirsty Aztec blood in their veins
You're already fighting the race war.
>>
>>78533228
True, though even on /pol/ you often see people ignoring race and background so long as political beliefs align.
>>
>>78533228
>on the right those waters seem far murkier.
As someone who's lived here for 22 years I can confirm that's not true at all. The only thing binding Republicans together is conservatism. So called "White" Americans don't share a traditional dress, traditional music, similar ethnic and cultural background, or any sense of solidarity beyond the realm of ideas and some shared interest.
>>
>>78533291
Im not gonna deny the fact about there are corruption and the gangs around here, i have never written that Brazil is the most perfect place in the world, we are a third world country after all, but not everyone is a bloodthirsty rapist, we are a big country with all kinds of people, and i can only hope that one day my land will become a better place.

>Aztec blood

Get educated, even if we had Aztec blood runing on our bodies, what diference would it make?
>>
>>78531525
no hes right. we have no cultural identity
sorreh m8
>>
>>78531200
Cool story ho
>>
>>78534124
no, you're just uneducated. We absolutely have cultural identity, and it is rooted in law. Try reading the Federalist Papers once, or if that is too hard for you read something that covers our history over the last 100 years. Dumb Ass.
>>
File: 1499333556149.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1499333556149.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>>78532429
>>
>>78535444
By that time all Hispanics that aren't blatantly black Hispanics will be considered "white"

It's a fluid definition that at one point excluded Italians and Irish.
>>
File: IMG_0071.png (31KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0071.png
31KB, 420x420px
>>78535527
>tfw shitalian
>mark white on the census form
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.