[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get hyped for first vacation to Europe >Think the UK is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>get hyped for first vacation to Europe
>Think the UK is going to be comfy, and cultured, and refined
>get there
>it is just a crowded, expensive, and infinitely shittier version of the US
>everyone is poor, dumb, and inbred-looking
>most places look like I'd always imagined that poverty-stricken Eastern European shitholes would look
>other than a few old castles and churches, there really isn't anything that couldn't be found at home

What a monumental disappointment. Looks like I fell for the memes.
>>
Where the fuck did you go? East London?
>>
>>78477660

Spent a month touring the UK, from Portsmouth to Edinburgh.
>>
>leave greatest country on earth
>it's disappointing
Who would have thought.
>>
>>78477750
I wonder about this as well. USA has literally every imaginable climate and landscape, there's absolutely no reason to ever leave when you could just travel to another state and feel like you just entered an entirely new country, except with the benefit of speaking the same language.
>>
>>78477791
But you still gotta fly if you want to live out your weeb fantasies
>>
>>78477750

I thought Britain would be exciting and different, but the only real difference was that it was shittier in every way possible.
>>
>>78477814
No we don't, go to japantown in San Francisco
>>
>>78477629

Say something that you liked from the UK
>>
>>78477791
This. I have never left the US except like once on a HS trip to the Bahamas. There's a couple of geological things that I'd like to go see overseas but really you can see most of everything here.
>>
Yes, I'm sure this totally happened Liam
>>
>>78477750

do you really believe that usa is the greatest country on earth? tell me your joking, hans

>>78477791

all of usa gets boring after awhile since our culture is more or less the same even if you are in a geographically different area than your home state. there absolutely is a reason for traveling abroad and that is to experience culture, our society is incredibly insular and insulating so we more or less live in a bubble
>>
>>78477750
As a burger i went to Canada and Canada is so much better i want to be a leaf now
>>
>>78478075

I did like some of the small country towns.

>>78478149

It did.

>>78478153
>our culture is more or less the same

desu, Britain wasn't really any different.
>>
>>78478355

you literally visited an anglophone commonwealth country and are remarking that it wasn't much different? gee, you don't say

when I refer to culture I'm referring to continental europe not the bloody bongistani archipelago. believe me europe is much better than UK
>>
File: 1800px-x-810px-Splash-1.jpg (28KB, 482x321px) Image search: [Google]
1800px-x-810px-Splash-1.jpg
28KB, 482x321px
You should have go to Bradford
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.