[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have the superior square drive (Robertson) screws in your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Robertson.jpg (26KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
Robertson.jpg
26KB, 550x300px
Do you have the superior square drive (Robertson) screws in your country?

1. Canada
2. Yes
>>
>>78444370
anyone care to explain it to me why there is a ton of different types of screws and why we cant have just a single standard one? I mean whats a point to have a bunch of different screwdrivers instead of just one
>>
>>78444420
I'm glad you asked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Gpeg3DVBU
>>
>>78444420
Americans, and apparently Canadians as well, love to have all these different bit sets for their EDC. It's like cool toys to them. I don't get it either but it means jobs to us.
>>
File: jew_screw.jpg (205KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
jew_screw.jpg
205KB, 1200x900px
Star of David screw reporting in
>>
>>78444420
because it's hard to adapt common standards

someone would have to change their design, while some wouldn't have to. See phone chargers
>>
File: nlc010221-v6.jpg (68KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
nlc010221-v6.jpg
68KB, 600x363px
>>78444494
>I don't get it either
Slot and Philips screws have a tendency to cam out so they're not good if you're using power tools. Some of the variety is due to the screw drive types being patented and the competition between patent holders.
>>
>>78444494
>means jobs to us.
yea, it's explain everything but still fucking infuriating.
>>
File: sh1.jpg (49KB, 809x350px) Image search: [Google]
sh1.jpg
49KB, 809x350px
just fucking kys
i hate you guys
>>
>>78444543
Torx and Square are my favourite.
>>
>>78444447
the issue with that type of screw is that you cant use a screwdriver with slightly bigger/smaller diameter while you can do that with a cross screw
>>
Nu-male tier
>>
>>78444764
So get more than one screwdriver.
>>
>>78444764
The issue is rounding/wear like every other screw.
>>
>>78444846
Robertsons don't cam out as easily so they don't round as easily.
>>
>>78444835
And you can't screw it with any angle. If you have problems with screws sticking to screwdriver just get a magnetic screwdriver and problem solved.
>>
>>78444947
The major problem with philips is that it cams out when using a power tool not that it falls off. That video is a bit of a joke.
>>
>>78445036
>>78444856
>>78444846
You guys are talking like people need to set up a small shop to work at home. The large majority of anything you could need a screwdriver for you'll do with just a good solid flathead you can hammer which is also one of the most important tools you can have as is multi-use as fuck. You can even do phillips with those if the screws are in good condition.

Everything else a small solid ratchet that will take the cheapest hardware store bit sets you can find will do. That's just two tools and if you're smart about it you can streamline your sets so that everything you need fits in the ratchet's handle.

But muh power tool. Most people don't actually need those at home, sure I get it they're cheap enough you might get one if you have a project that requires that but otherwise whatever drill you've got you can use if it isn't a piece of shit.

No need for specialty screws at home, that's just ridiculous.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.